Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Why isn't anyone asking how much Rome cost to build???

Ppl are sacrificing food for pixels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3p68hg/i_may_or_may_not_have_done_something_stupid/

Its a level of committment that is fanatical and cultic. Money or personal need is no object to them so long as Christ Roberts can fulfill the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder what CIG's legal team is doing to prepare for the impending lawsuit and I wonder how much money from backers it is costing to have them do it.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Young Freud posted:

You must have missed yesterday where BettyBigTits scammed some shitizens out of their fake spaceships for a game that doesn't even exist.

Actually it was BettysBigTits, as in the big tits of Betty not Betty herself get it right please.

Also Betty is a real woman and reddit user and not the most obvious troll account of all time.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"This is not a cult of personality," someone unironically posts on Roberts space industries .com

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I wonder what CIG's legal team is doing to prepare for the impending lawsuit and I wonder how much money from backers it is costing CIG to have them do it.

Probably learning Portuguese for their impending evacuation to Brazil.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Amun Khonsu posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3p68hg/i_may_or_may_not_have_done_something_stupid/

Its a level of committment that is fanatical and cultic. Money or personal need is no object to them ao long as Christ Roberts can fulfill the dream.

Stuff like this just screams scam so loud - there's no world where any video game, no matter how good, will generate a thread like that without it being a scam. It simply isn't possible for this situation to happen without the people behind the video game willingly ripping people off.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4oEYQhtsYw

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Amun Khonsu posted:

Its a level of committment that is fanatical and cultic. Money or personal need is no object to them so long as Christ Roberts can fulfill the dream.

A presumably grown man with $200 of cash to his name. Nice.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Maldoror posted:

Endeavor Base - LTI - Standalone Ship
$350.00 USD
In stock
Buy Now

How do you run out of jpgs?

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Ilustforponydeath posted:

How do you run out of jpgs?

You can only compress them so many times before they break down completely.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
free them

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If anyone's wondering what to do with their refund money, the Battletech kickstarter just passed the goal for a dynamic campaign.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 18, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZIIms7MCU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Stop donating to kickstarters you colossal retards. Buy the game when it's done.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Man it doesn't just stop with MP3s

SMH if you're not listening to your music by running the hangar module.

Wow, an entire three (3) file formats!

I'm glad he put them in that easy to read list, although I'm still having a little trouble parsing such a dense source of information. Perhaps some kind of database would be in order? (with charges for every search, obviously. Lord knows you can't just search a database willy nilly, you have to pay a cook to fry all the hashes or something).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hymirvetr posted:

Stop donating to kickstarters you colossal retards. Buy the game when it's done.

you can only buy the EXCLUSIVE SKIN that makes you look vaguely different during the kickstarter phase though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they wasted dev time on implementing a jukebox that they could sell to idiots instead of actual features in their spaceship game when anyone that wants to listen to music is just going to listen to music

lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

they wasted dev time on implementing a jukebox that they could sell to idiots instead of actual features in their spaceship game when anyone that wants to listen to music is just going to listen to music

lol

but it's not a waste it's $5 and that means a whale will buy it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Madcosby posted:

but it's not a waste it's $5 and that means a whale will buy it

It was a subscriber perk.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I'm not going to eat anything but penut butter on a spoon for a month and use the savings to buy the 12k dollar package. See u all in the verse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm not going to eat anything but penut butter on a spoon for a month and use the savings to buy the 12k dollar package. See u all in the verse.

thats a lot of savings in a month

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
is that fang parrot seraph

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Alchenar posted:

If anyone's wondering what to do with their refund money, the https://battletech just passed the goal for a dynamic campaign.

I backed Sol Trader (which probably won't make it over the like just like SC), which will be a better "space adventure" game than SC ever will be and lets me restart my life.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
see you in the verse tho

o7

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Eonwe posted:

thats a lot of savings in a month

Maybe for you, scrub!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats true i am just a wageslave

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Alchenar posted:

If anyone's wondering what to do with their refund money, the https://battletech just passed the goal for a dynamic campaign.

Mech commander 3: mercenaries

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Thanks very much, I was disappointed when you said you couldn't post an MP3 because I wouldn't have been able to listen, now I can!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

LastCaress posted:

For $2500 you can go to Tanzania, climb Kilimanjaro, and come back.

:smith: most fans wouldn't get past base camp.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Star Citizen 3: mercenaries

Look on the bright side kid. I get to keep all the money.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Raskolnikov posted:

:smith: most fans wouldn't get past base camp.

Is base camp somewhere out of my room?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ohmygodsquad posted:

Star Citizen is the most expensive winamp skin to date.

And still less impressive than free space themed skins for Winamp so far. At least this LCARS one was released and works, and is amazing :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is it true that parts of Star Citizen will be in space?
Because that's pretty mind blowing if true, I mean, it's space

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

peter gabriel posted:

Technically, you are in space right now. Everything is in space.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Not only will it be in space but each space is the equivalent to 3 Elder Scrolls Online maps.

Multiply that by unlimited space by the 7 years it took to make ESO and you can see why Star Citizen is actually making great progress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Technically, you are in space right now. Everything is in space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gI1XrnPCw

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

yes but you have to buy access to the Space module, and furthermore the space module has been delayed indefinitely but delayed indefinitely only means two weeks.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Maldoror posted:

Thanks very much, I was disappointed when you said you couldn't post an MP3 because I wouldn't have been able to listen, now I can!

I can't do this often. Only on special occasions.
I also noticed that Chrome, Firefox, and even IE block my audio player code on the archive page. If anyone is available to assist with a page re-vamp, I have a small budget of money.jpg

Frostillicus
Jul 20, 2002

Maldoror posted:

Biodome Pod - LTI - Add-Ons
$100.00 USD
In stock
Buy Now

Telescope Array Pod - LTI - Add-Ons
$125.00 USD
In stock
Buy Now

Supercollider Pod - LTI - Add-Ons
$125.00 USD
In stock
Buy Now

This kind of stuff is my favorite. Ok so there's nothing even remotely resembling game mechanics being built or even discussed right now, but $350 worth of science themed jpeg accessories for my $350 jpeg seem like a fantastic use of my money. I can imagine all kinds of great stuff happening in my supercolider pod.jpg!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006

Bootcha posted:

Closer to this. I'd say I fleeced myself too. I'm a dumb nerd like most of the people that started out on this thing. :smith:

Wish I could huff and puff and act all important for the sake of my ego, I'm not THAT heavily invested within the company.

Currently playing "Where In The World Is Ortwin Sandiego?" Still missing the loot.

Also in celebration of a red herring, I had Swedish meatballs for lunch Friday.

I wish you'd just given me that money instead.

• Locked thread