Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

Or it could just be that you're living up to your meta of defending a scum buddy.

Do you see the issue here?

I think you're getting too bogged down in trying to figure out my meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

I have a ranged debuff, acually. Then decent combat skill, and an any buff. I'm your friendly neighborhood red mage, I guess.

Gotcha, I figured you were front line material from this post:

Mithross posted:

I am pretty decent at combat, but keep me the hell away from the gods, they and I don't get along. I am also entirely about combat, skill wise.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I think you're getting too bogged down in trying to figure out my meta.

So are you saying that you're deliberately playing against your meta?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

So are you saying that you're deliberately playing against your meta?

no, I'm not deliberately doing anything regarding my meta. I don't play with my meta. I think players who rely on their meta either way are making bad decisions.

Every game I play I post my thoughts and respond to players and try to be as open and sincere as possible. Sometimes I struggle to get into a game and get in a groove (which, as I said, happens more often as scum than town), but this game clearly isn't one of them.

I think FoxTerrier is town because the scumtell post was really townie. Keane was asking for who people think is town, and I told him. I think if you want to view that as "potentially ecco defending a scumbuddy!" then you're being unreasonable.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey TMM let's shift this conversation to something more productive for me.

how do you feel about merk?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

no, I'm not deliberately doing anything regarding my meta. I don't play with my meta. I think players who rely on their meta either way are making bad decisions.

Every game I play I post my thoughts and respond to players and try to be as open and sincere as possible. Sometimes I struggle to get into a game and get in a groove (which, as I said, happens more often as scum than town), but this game clearly isn't one of them.

I think FoxTerrier is town because the scumtell post was really townie. Keane was asking for who people think is town, and I told him. I think if you want to view that as "potentially ecco defending a scumbuddy!" then you're being unreasonable.

How exactly am I being unreasonable when you've directly said that you defend your scumbuddies? Then you turn around and say someone is town based on what comes down to a single post, especially when you turn around and say you can't make calls on other people because they haven't posted substance. Seriously, you're going to call that unreasonable?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, you're going to call that unreasonable?

yeah, because you're so focused on my meta that you're trying to interpret everything I do within that lens. It's not helpful at all.

If you want to roll up your sleeves about it, though, my meta for defending a scumbuddy really is about defending them. I may mention them neutrally and casually here and there, but if someone makes a case against them, I deflate the case. I generally take the stance of "they could be scum but I'm not feeling it, and the cases are bad because <reasons>."

As scum I don't flippantly say a scumbuddy is town.

"But ecco you could be playing with your meta by doing exactly that!"

"AND NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH YOUR META BY TALKING ABOUT YOUR META AT ALL"

it's reductive and unhelpful.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

im a ranged buffin dude, send me in coach

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Could have sworn there are more people in this thread then Ecco and people pointing fingers at Ecco, where's everyone else at?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TheNabster posted:

Could have sworn there are more people in this thread then Ecco and people pointing fingers at Ecco, where's everyone else at?

This is true.

You know what else is true? It is true that PMom is a garbage golem, hewn together by the smelliest of magics.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The skin of the coward changes color all the time
he can't get a grip on himself, he can't sit still,
he squats and rocks, shifting his weight from foot to foot,
his heart racing, pounding inside the fellow's ribs,
his teeth chattering-he dreads some grisly death.

Sounds like pmom alright (also ecco)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Verr posted:

(also ecco)

pretty sure this is your first game-related opinion.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

well its day 1 and i lack the jokepost analytic ability of the rest of you guys

i say we look at who volunteers/who wants to fight. scum is going to have a plan to burn through our armies so ccbeane gets attacked right?

But the skin of the brave soldier never blanches.
He's all control. Tense but no great fear.
The moment he joins his comrades packed in ambush
he prays to wade in carnage, cut-and-thrust at once.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

also, just because yer yeller doesn't mean you're scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

yeah, because you're so focused on my meta that you're trying to interpret everything I do within that lens. It's not helpful at all.

If you want to roll up your sleeves about it, though, my meta for defending a scumbuddy really is about defending them. I may mention them neutrally and casually here and there, but if someone makes a case against them, I deflate the case. I generally take the stance of "they could be scum but I'm not feeling it, and the cases are bad because <reasons>."

As scum I don't flippantly say a scumbuddy is town.

"But ecco you could be playing with your meta by doing exactly that!"

"AND NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH YOUR META BY TALKING ABOUT YOUR META AT ALL"

it's reductive and unhelpful.

But I'm not really focused on your meta. My main issue with you is that you keep pushing a BK case that I think is garbage. And when combined you calling someone town based from what amounts to a single post is just too much for me right now. It just feels suspicious and scummy. However, I will ##unvote for now though because it's double plurality and we should be looking at more than just one or two people, but I'd still be willing to vote for you.

EccoRaven posted:

hey TMM let's shift this conversation to something more productive for me.

how do you feel about merk?

I think merk is being above the board right now and I'm leaning town for him. I like his post about his scum tells here:

merk posted:

I wasn't thinking of you at all when I wrote it. It applies to many people.

Each time I am lynched as scum I go back and try to figure out why. I'll then make an effort in the next game to not do whatever it is that I thought got me lynched regardless of my alignment. Things I've taken out of my game include random distancing posts on scum buddies, voting with too short of justifications (unless I am baiting as town to try to spark content), quickly thought of joke comments, and other stuff. I don't know if I have a scum tell that prevails game after game. If I identified that tell, I'd try to remove it. If you know something, I'd love to hear it.

I'm surprised you didn't call him out for saying that he also plays a 'Perfect game' like KB because it has the same idea behind it. The reason I like this is because even though I've only been scum a couple times, I've kind of done the same thing but in reverse. For example, in my first scum game (your Pearl game) I was called out early in the game for prodding lurkers. And then in one of my next games (your Charnel game), I was town and I deliberately prodded lurkers early in the game in order to make lurker prodding a null tell for me. I really should have pushed BK harder in that game because he voted for me on pure meta reasons and I knew that my pushing lurkers would draw an easy scum vote.

Speaking of lurkers, I'd like to see some of them post more, specifically FoxTerrier because I'm not trusting your judgement on him yet. I noticed Verr has posted a bit while writing this post, but I'm not liking it so far because it lacks opinions or substance. Plus, we are way past joke phase at this point, so this post is pretty suspect:

Verr posted:

well its day 1 and i lack the jokepost analytic ability of the rest of you guys

i say we look at who volunteers/who wants to fight. scum is going to have a plan to burn through our armies so ccbeane gets attacked right?

But the skin of the brave soldier never blanches.
He's all control. Tense but no great fear.
The moment he joins his comrades packed in ambush
he prays to wade in carnage, cut-and-thrust at once.

Especially when combined with the fact that he volunteered to fight a few posts earlier.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Ok, time to catch up on the thread and catch some Trojan scum! :yarg:

Thoughts as I go...

—Still think it's slightly odd nobody else jumped on Asiina and Burgundy posting virtually the same thing within like 10 min of each other. But I'm probably tilting at windmills so whatever.

—King Burgundy and Ecco sniping at each other is silly. Neither have strong points and I wouldn't be surprised if they were both Town, and Scum is amused by the distraction.

—I have no idea what the drama between Merk and Guisseppe is but I strongly suspect it's dumb.

—FWIW TMMadman's answer to the scum question seems legit and like it wasn't sweated over. Reads Town.

— No read other way on HiipFire's response to the scum question.

—Asiina legit can't remember how the set up works, or they're making a show of demonstrating they totally don't have scum buddies to ask about such things. Same observation with Verr.

—Asiina joke voting instead of weighing in on the Ecco/KB slap-fight could be construed as scummy...but we're barely out of jokephase so whatever. Mild scum read.

—Codes are dumb but not scummy.

—Yea I gotta disagree with GP again here. Forcing content isn't bad Day 1. I'd argue it's actually really good since, you know, posts are the only thing we have to work with Day 1, when we don't have any flips or night actions to analyze. If anything, Ecco's efforts read Town to me for that reason. Yeah, I mean, I guess a scum could organize such an effort as a way to score points by looking active, but the idea it's inherently scummy is really off to me.

It deff. doesn't seem a good enough reason to vote one of the most active posters in the thread so far at least. And trying to do so actually reads Scum. Looken' at you GP.

- HiipFire what do you agree with Diqnol on? That ciphers are against the spirit, or that they're scummy? If you think they're scummy why aren't you backing your opinion with a vote?

— If Ecco did do the scumtells thing in a recent game as Town and had it worked, how is doing so again here no an Ecco thing? Feels like you're forcing things here GP. Ecco didn't claim either so dunno why you're sayen they did. Looken scummy again.

—Codes are dumb Ecco, stop defending them. Unlike the 'post your scumtells,' stuff like this actually DOES feel like filler:

EccoRaven posted:

the "problem" with encryption, historically at least, is that there is no way for mafia to break the cipher and discover the content of other people's claims... if you use a computer.

I have not. My code above is easily broken by a particularly clever mafia player. It is not any different than if I just made the first letter of each of my posts that code (which is a pretty standard breadcrumbing technique).

Yeah it's a little not in the spirit but it's hardly against the rules, just a little jerkish to the scum, maybe, since they probably don't want to put in the effort to cracking it.

I'd like to know what got Merk's vote. Merk?

—Asiina weighting in on the KB/Ecco slap-fight negates my earlier suspicions they were dodging doing so. I retract the scum read on the KB joke vote. I'm probably neutral on Asiina now.

—OMG code chat is dumb.

HiipFire posted:

i just think the breadcrumb is dumb but i feel like ive seen you do it before so why would that make you scum it just makes you ecco
^ Yea pretty much my thoughts. I'm also p. sure I've seen Ecco do some stupid elaborate breadcrumb (maybe in CPig's last game), so this does feel like trying to make something out of nothing.

—I agree with Verr. Nerds.

—I don't know what question KP supposidly dodged. If it's the scumtell one, he answered. Let it go, Ecco. And Ecco why do you want to vote Hiipfire?

TMMadman posted:

I was actually just looking at the case and I think you are both being kind of dumb. KB has a point when he says you were misreading his words, but pushing that as a case is also kind of weak. I think the other votes on you weaker than the KB vote though.

^Yeah I can agree with this. TMM's reasoning seems real to me here so I'll give him a Town point.

—OK Ecco still trying to push the KB thing is starting to look a little scummy.

—Merk's explination of why he voted Ecco is weird. Of all the things to accuse Ecco of, failure to generate content when Ecco chat has made up 3/4 of the thread is just bizarre. I'm glad Merk decided to explain his earlier vote, but it reads Scum to me.

—Gunna agree with Ecco's objections to Merk and GP's votes; they're basically the same thoughts I had. I don't get how Ecoo is misrepresenting Merk's vote.

—OK, Asiina things Ecco is misrepresenting Merk's vote too but I still don't see how? Someone explain this to me!

--- end part 1 ---

Gunna stop my read through here so the end post doesn't end up being giant. Gunna start work on part 2 now. :toot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I gotta choose my team.

Anybody have ideas? I'd like to hear from Diqnol in particular.

Let me fight. If I die, I die, but I must do what I love

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also I plan on spending today high while eating pizza and watching football so expect little today from me :>

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Let me fight. If I die, I die, but I must do what I love

But Diqnol, the middle of battle is no time to masturbate into a pile of doll hair clippings.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

O btw it's double plurality today so be careful where you put your votes cya later :F

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

But Diqnol, the middle of battle is no time to masturbate into a pile of doll hair clippings.

I have that under control now, I promise!

Keep merk out of the fight. Put me in. I'd have to read more posts to be more helpful at this time sir, maybe later

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

here's what people have said about fighting:

TMMadman: "no issue fighting" "good addition" wants to fight in defensive emplacement "pretty good at combat"
Mithross: "raged debuff" "decent at combat"
King Burgandy: "Useful outside of combat" "ranged" if we have to send him in
CCKeane: "can give item to turn scum into survivor"
"Guissuipadsiuop puidfdsaf: your name sucks "good at beating people up"
Merk: "melee dude"
the Nabster: "brutal debuffs" asked to be backline
Capitalist Pig: "useful at combat, but not frontline fighter"
Opoponax: "decent debuffs" "probably better in combat that out"
Asiina: "not greatest at combat" "i'll go if I have to"
Fox Terrier: "party dude"

and I'm a backline buffer guy.

alright, so I figure excepting one or two scum who have in-combat abilities, most of them will want to stay out of the battle. so folks are putting up a token effort but are avoiding fights. if this reads then King Burgandy and Asiina are my two picks.

i'll ##vote Asiina for now to help avoid "hammering" or whatever. lemme know if i missed anyone's combat chat.

everyone else who hasn't talked about your abilities, SPEAK UP

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, that's a pretty good post by Fox, I like it.

Also, to add to my post above, even though I'm leaning town for merk and I'm suspicious of Ecco right now, I still think merks reason for voting Ecco is a bit weak because Ecco did create content and it has lead places, just maybe not the places Ecco intended.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
What is even going on why is everyone so serious.

Ecco is scum btw.

##vote ecco

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

crap forgot to bold ##vote Asiina

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Verr posted:

TMMadman: "no issue fighting" "good addition" wants to fight in defensive emplacement "pretty good at combat"

alright, so I figure excepting one or two scum who have in-combat abilities, most of them will want to stay out of the battle. so folks are putting up a token effort but are avoiding fights. if this reads then King Burgandy and Asiina are my two picks.

i'll ##vote Asiina for now to help avoid "hammering" or whatever. lemme know if i missed anyone's combat chat.

No need to speak up if staying quiet is your tactical choice.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

i guess we do have enough to fill the roster there

how's this look?

frontline: merk/pizza man/???
backline: Mithross/the Nabster/Capitalist pig OR me

We need another stabby dude to volunteer

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

What is even going on why is everyone so serious.

Ecco is scum btw.

I am not hth.

FoxTerrier posted:

And Ecco why do you want to vote Hiipfire?
I don't, really, Hiipfire is just a notoriously low-content low-effort poster and we're unlikely to get much out of him all game regardless of his alignment. I even said in the post that generated this question that it's a safe suspicion, and since we're in double plurality, cutting chaff when there's nothing better is fairly tolerable.

FoxTerrier posted:

—OK Ecco still trying to push the KB thing is starting to look a little scummy.
If you disagree with my points that's fine but how is it scummy?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keep merk off of the battlefield!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey diqnol how do you feel about merk?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

Verr posted:

i guess we do have enough to fill the roster there

how's this look?

frontline: merk/pizza man/???
backline: Mithross/the Nabster/Capitalist pig OR me

We need another stabby dude to volunteer

I'm don't really like either of these posts. The first one seems a little rolefishy, plus I think the reasoning behind voting Asiina is suspect. Why couldn't there be town roles that need to stay out of battle? You aren't saying Asiina is scum because of her posting, you are saying she is scum based on role speculation and that's just garbage this early in the day. The second post just feels skeevy to me and seems like a set up to get scum or two into the fight.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Verr for this garbage.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

—Still don't feeling the Ecco cases against KB, seems dumb. Merk and GP/Diqnol, sure.

—OMG how are Ecco and KB still slap-fighting. My eyes are glazing.

—Not sure why Ecco is voting what appears to me the least scummy of the people she's objected to. I really don't think there's that much of a difference between my and KB's posts, and if that's the bulk of what the case against KB is based on I don't think it's a solid one.

I maintain the opinion KB and Ecco are both just latching onto nothing and being silly.

—Bowmore's answer to Ecco's question reads neutral to me

—Hiipfire hasn't posted much but he did answer the the scumtell question and weigh in on the slapfight. That's more than CPig or LilMac has done, so I dunno why Ecco wants to hold Hiipfire 'accountable' above other lurkers. Has Little Mac even posted?

TheNabster posted:

This is the Trojan War, two kings passive-aggressively sniping at each other from their throne room via carrier pigeons.
hahahaha

—I don't agree with TMM that Ecco's dumb laser focus on KB is scummy, but I do agree it's silly and his reasoning seems honest and authentic. Another Townie point for TMM. TMM Is my top pick for Towniest Townie atm.

—Well...Ecco is correct in reading my post as Town because it is Town. I agree it objectively isn't enough to make an alignment call however. He's been super focused on comparing and contrasting mine and KP's posts tho so I wouldn't be surprised if they've convinced themselves it's more significant than it is. Or they're scum trying to buddy. Yeah...town hyper-focused on a couple posts, or scum trying to buddy.

I'm leaning neutral on Ecco atm.

—TMM makes a decent point that Merk's earlier posts about scumtells read like a concerned Townie frustrated with getting lynched. Makes me consider him less scummy.

—CPig popping in out of nowhere with no explination and dropping a vote reads Scummy. Sorry duder.

EccoRaven posted:

If you disagree with my points that's fine but how is it scummy?

Focusing on him when there are even lower content posters...like LilMac who hasn't even come in I don't think...is weird.

---

OK.

SO after all that...

TMM reads Town. Reasoning is authentic and doesn't feel tortured.
Ecco is Neutral. Her objections to the Merk and GP/Diqnol cases are legit, but the hyper-focusing on KP is a bit odd.
Merk...his case is weird, but his posts about scum tell seems Townie?? Neutral leaning scum.
No read on Hiipfire
Then there's Asiina who IMHO dropped a vote with bad logic that just kind of repeated what other people said without explaining crap. Leaning scum.
GP...gunna have to lean scum. His case against Ecco is too weak and I have to view it as inherently anti-town to try to lynch the heaviest poster Day 1 without really good cause. But on the other hand...at least he's posting.

And CPig's popping up to vote and leaving is crap. And he's a lurker and it smells like an easy bandwagon.

Urg.

I'm kind of torn on who to go for. My brains a little fried from reading all those pages (Oh god I should never fall behind again!). But for now...

##vote Guisseppe Pizzapie

I may well change that to GP/Diq or someone else depending on things go. That'll do for now tho.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

I may well change that to GP/Diq or someone else depending on things go. That'll do for now tho.

That should read that I may change to CPig or someone else depending on how things go.

Sorry, eyes glazing over from too many pages of BS.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm don't really like either of these posts. The first one seems a little rolefishy, plus I think the reasoning behind voting Asiina is suspect. Why couldn't there be town roles that need to stay out of battle? You aren't saying Asiina is scum because of her posting, you are saying she is scum based on role speculation and that's just garbage this early in the day. The second post just feels skeevy to me and seems like a set up to get scum or two into the fight.

I'm going to go ahead and ##vote Verr for this garbage.

that's fair, but i'm definitely making that vote based on posting. and rolefishy is definitely what i was going for. we need to know who to send into the fight. right?

Asiina posted that they'd rather not fight, and in light of the others volunteering that puts them in a great place to be scum. same with KB.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

FoxTerrier posted:

Focusing on him when there are even lower content posters...like LilMac who hasn't even come in I don't think...is weird.
is it? I think KB did something scummy. I don't think players like Little Mac have done scummy things because they haven't even posted yet.

I think if I see someone doing something scummy I should pursue them for it. It seems like nobody is agreeing with me about it though, which is unfortunate.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

is it? I think KB did something scummy. I don't think players like Little Mac have done scummy things because they haven't even posted yet.

I think if I see someone doing something scummy I should pursue them for it. It seems like nobody is agreeing with me about it though, which is unfortunate.

I was referring to you saying Hiipfire needed to be held accountable for low content, when other people are posting less. Wasn't referring to the KB stuff.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Terrier is scum maybe but that vote seems so friggin wishy washy/unsure, feels town. Frustrating because she's supposed to be decent. Ask me questions directly because I'm on my phone, Terrier, but I'd like to converse with u

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

FoxTerrier posted:

I was referring to you saying Hiipfire needed to be held accountable for low content, when other people are posting less. Wasn't referring to the KB stuff.

little mac etc. have credibility for eventually showing up and being contributing players; I know they're good for it down the line.

hiipfire is the opposite. plus, hiipfire is actually here but not contributing.

and regardless stuff has happened since then so I don't really care about hiipfire anymore.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Terrier is scum maybe but that vote seems so friggin wishy washy/unsure, feels town. Frustrating because she's supposed to be decent. Ask me questions directly because I'm on my phone, Terrier, but I'd like to converse with u

I asked you a question directly and you totally ignored it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm a good dude to be in a battle as a melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco I'm not interested in conversing with scum ~_~

• Locked thread