Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Ledenko posted:

Hey, having a company split into multiple studios is a great way to move money around and make the books look like you're pulling mega profits, even if you're two weeks from going bankrupt!

Probably a good way to avoid paying taxes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Ben cleaning his glasses should be the $100 million stretch goal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What are the winning numbers this week?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
remember when chris roberts wrote like a 15 page rant lmao.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Remember when Sandi didn't like black people and/or pubes?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nemo2342 posted:

And unlike Star Citizen, Harebrained will actually stop adding features once they hit their stretch goals, and use any additional money to helping improve the stuff they've already got.

The difference is light and day. HBS seems to realize what using crowdfunded money entails - look at their Shadowrun Hong Kong campaign. No bullshit pie-in-the-sky wish fulfillment nightmare, just straight up "we already have budgeted this game, but if you want to chip in to see more content, please do! In any case, we will release the game mid-2015." And they did. Granted, their first shadowrun release was kind of not very great when released, but they stuck around, fixed it pretty impressively after release and Dragonfall was really a great campaign.

I really like their Battletech stretch goals: "We will spend one million making this game, and if you give us another million, we have enough to make a single player campaign!" Now that is the kind of prosaic goals that I can believe in.

Edit: just look at how happy they look in the closing video of their original Kickstarter. That was an amazing amount of feelgood that makes suckers like me come back to get fleeced contribute to the dream get fleeced. Just lookit dat dawg :3:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 18, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dante80 posted:

To get this straight. This guy is unemployed now. He used to work at a private medical insurance firm as a Help Desk Analyst.
He says that he has no problem paying $20k for ships or $8k for gifts. And that the company he used to work for has a cybercrime division that would work for him.

Does any of this makes sense?

And that this company somehow cares enough about him to dump it's resources into handling a personal matter.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

ENHANCE!

It looks like she's disgusted with something.

ENHANCE!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gonkish posted:

Remember when Sandi didn't like black people and/or pubes?

What's there to remember, when it's still happening?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

It looks like she's disgusted with something.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
:eyepop:

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
Meanwhile, this time last year we were talking about FPS progress... oh wait.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

Aww gently caress, all I'm getting is gibberish. I never received my new codebook. Can anyone hook me up?
jpg :10bux: printed copy :20bux:
get them now before I run out

Eonwe posted:

So its possible bootcha has essentially invested into star citizen but indirectly the Swedish mafia? Lol
Bootcha is gonna get whacked.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Are you saying she's disgusted with the pitiful size of that burning cross? Or the pathetic turn out for said burning?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

why are you guys so mad at croberts? he just wants to bring back the glory days of 90s pc gaming when all it took was a good idea, a few guys in a garage, a handful of international studios, $50 million, gary oldman and 6 years to make a fun game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Breakfast All Day posted:

make a fun game.

Now hang on a minute, lets not go crazy.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!

Renegret posted:

And that this company somehow cares enough about him to dump it's resources into handling a personal matter.

Can you even imagine how that phone call would sound? A customer service guy asking his company's IT and Legal team for help resolving a dispute about Star Citizen?

TotallyNotSeraph85
Oct 18, 2015

by Cowcaster

Raskolnikov posted:

I keep telling people I'm a better investment than cig but they don't listen. Hell for 25k a year I would have pretended to be dickwulfs best friend. Touching of course would be off the table but when was the last time a jpeg touched someone?
Hi Rasky you little Rascal, please unban me from the cool person goonspeak server, i'll behave I swear! No more scary bad speak, we'll have so much fun! Please.. being rejected hurts so bad, I got the pee tee es deez.

Paladinus posted:

What are the winning numbers this week?

TotallyNotSeraph85 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 18, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek did you hear any more from the horse racing guy on Twitter? That was p. weird.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Are you saying she's disgusted with the pitiful size of that burning cross? Or the pathetic turn out for said burning?

Considering the room composition it's very possible somebody poo poo themselves on a horrific scale.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Lol that dickwulf is a loving helpdesk monkey that is spending WAY above his means and is a complete embarrassment and blowhard. I feel sorry for his wife.

Be careful, he might wield his immense influence as a helpdesk clerk to send American Family Insurance's crack cybersecurity division after you.

TotallyNotSeraph85
Oct 18, 2015

by Cowcaster

Justin Tyme posted:

Lol that dickwulf is a loving helpdesk monkey that is spending WAY above his means and is a complete embarrassment and blowhard. I feel sorry for his wife.
Isn't his wife rich though? :v:

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

this is the best thread $93m united states dollars could ever buy

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does someone want to see my dick for money

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Like I pay you

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

TotallyNotSeraph85 posted:

Hi Rasky you little Rascal, please unban me from the cool person goonspeak server, i'll behave I swear! No more scary bad speak, we'll have so much fun! Please.. being rejected hurts so bad, I got the pee tee es deez.

I belive its seraph unless he buys me an avatar
and this is the one

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Like I pay you

if you give me 500 dollars I'll look at your dick

or like if you have a trijicon accupoint/acog laying around, you can mail me that with a picture of your dick

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Bitcoins then we'll talk

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
That's right, Seraph never bought me my avatar! You can pay the useless fiat bills, but you can't pay me for besting you in forums combat?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I've been friends with Ras for a long time, I'll get her to unban you no probs...

...if you buy me a cool avatar, that is.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hal_2005 posted:

Worst case? Just like suggesting chargebacks + Skadden Arps got things moving on the "redemption front". The very fact he said his account was at JPM, even if he doesn't reply before I get impatient, this whole RSI thing could easily go supercritical. JPM Prime and JP Asset Management has a zero bullshit policy for fraud and client actions. If a bank owned dealer suspects criminal fraud or possible mismanagement of client accounts, bank Compliance will run an internal risk check and then terminate the relationship. In this case it gives fucker 180 days to get the gently caress out of their Prime. If he was just a wealth management account, they will likely force-replace his PWM PA after an internal MD meeting and offer him JP's counsel to skullfuck RSI for Bootcha's cash back ahead of thinly veiled threats of a Wells Notice filing.

Usually small private companies who willfully bilk investors are more than happy to redeem or buyout equity which will have been found to be financially illiterate upon a SEC investigation. In which case, RSI is fubar if the cash crunch or GOR does not SEC them first.

are you a loving compliance officer?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
ive been touching the poop at reddit. -85 karma in 2 hours. weeeeeeeee.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

Be careful, he might wield his immense influence as a helpdesk clerk to send American Family Insurance's crack cybersecurity division after you.

Oh you don't know the half of it. Here is his latest response. He claims to be in IS now and that he "owes his career to Chris Roberts". I have no clue what that even means tbh.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[–]thedereksmart[S] 1 ponto 12 minutes ago
Hey don't look at me. I get stuff DM'ed to me. You really think I have time to pry into your pitiful life? No, I do not. This whole sub-Red exists because you decided to declare war on me. You stop, We stop. Simple.
Newsflash, unlike Kati, very few women ever take their husband's last name. You know, women's lib and all that.
And if you think that after 25+ years she's in the dark about the fact that her husband is a media magnet/mogul, then you're truly clueless. Nice try though. The gaming industry is the equivalent of Hollywood. Spouses know everything. But as a nobody, whose only claim to fame is spending over $20K on virtual bullshit and being the focal point of a scam for said game, not to mention sending inappropriate dick pics to a female in said game's community, I don't expect you to know that.
I'll do you one better. How about I give you her Twitter handle, so you can send her anything you want about me. And you give me Kati's email or Twitter/Facebook, and I do the same. Let's see who gets into trouble. Deal?
:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Isn't his wife rich though? :v:

No. She's also in insurance apparently. They both used to work at the same company (American Family Insurance).

ps: My researcher is freaking outstanding. She can dig up poo poo on Hoffa if he even took a picture from the grave.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hal_2005 posted:

Worst case? Just like suggesting chargebacks + Skadden Arps got things moving on the "redemption front". The very fact he said his account was at JPM, even if he doesn't reply before I get impatient, this whole RSI thing could easily go supercritical. JPM Prime and JP Asset Management has a zero bullshit policy for fraud and client actions. If a bank owned dealer suspects criminal fraud or possible mismanagement of client accounts, bank Compliance will run an internal risk check and then terminate the relationship. In this case it gives fucker 180 days to get the gently caress out of their Prime. If he was just a wealth management account, they will likely force-replace his PWM PA after an internal MD meeting and offer him JP's counsel to skullfuck RSI for Bootcha's cash back ahead of thinly veiled threats of a Wells Notice filing.

Usually small private companies who willfully bilk investors are more than happy to redeem or buyout equity which will have been found to be financially illiterate upon a SEC investigation. In which case, RSI is fubar if the cash crunch or GOR does not SEC them first.

^this. All of it. And that's precisely the sort of risk they screwing around with and why I have always said that the minute this ends up in court, in any way, shape or form, the whole thing collapses.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

D_Smart posted:

No. She's . They both used to work at the same company (American Family Insurance).

ps: My researcher is freaking outstanding. She can dig up poo poo on Hoffa if he even took a picture from the grave.

digging poo poo up on his wife seems kinda odd? wulf I can understand but his wife?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Oh you don't know the half of it. Here is his latest response. He claims to be in IS now and that he "owes his career to Chris Roberts". I have no clue what that even means tbh.

I guess he owes his lack of a career to Chris Roberts?

• Locked thread