Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Aw Ecco I can't be mean to you, ur kewl :)

I do think you're scum tho, I'll have to do a better job of explaining myself later, okay? Sorry about all...this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Diqnol why do you keep avoiding Ecco's question about a read on me? That's like three times.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I know I'm getting a lot of heat right now but hear me out!

King Burgundy is probably scum this game.

1) When asked about his scumtells, he gave a flippant non-answer. Scum would be inclined to not want to reveal their "cards" as it were so early in day 1.

No, I didn't. This is an example of your twisting things to meet your scum ends. Your refusal to be able to read my very simple words with the real tone and meaning behind them is telling. This is ridiculous for other reasons too. I frequently put all my cards on the table as scum, because I would as town. I tell people what kills I would make if I were scum, etc. This is not new. There is NO scenario where I would actually be flippant about the answering of that question. I was sincere and honest.

EccoRaven posted:

2) He straight up speaks untrue things about his post here. He manufactures a "contradiction" in my posting. It reads less like he genuinely is trying to defend his post and more like he's trying to step away from having said something a little scummy.

(I urge people to read FoxTerrier's post and KB's post side-by-side since this is what started it all. Read them not just for content but also tone. FT's comes off as a sincere examination of her posting after a years-long break, while KB's is a flippant dismissal of the question entirely without looking like he's totally ignoring it.)

This is also completely false. There is nothing untrue about what I posted. You are the ONLY person who has said my posts and Fox's weren't similar. Several people have sided with me on this. Nothing I said was scummy. I will not step away from it and I was not stepping away from it. I stand behind it 100%. I'm town. Everything I've said is towny. :) Yet another example of your deliberate misreading of simple text.

EccoRaven posted:

It reads like KB made a dumb post and when he saw the slightest pushback from it he went into defense-mode, hastily attacking me for whatever fault he can think of. It's scummy because I feel like town would have not been as defensive to such minor shade, but it lets him latch on to a bad case early on, letting him look like he's being a Contributing Townie when in reality his points are very hollow.

Nope. We don't play a lot of games together, but we've played at least a few. You should know by now that I won't let any comment about myself pass. Regardless of alignment. This is more false narrative with your host, Ecco.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because scum want to know, merk.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Because scum want to know, merk.

Does that mean you think both Ecco and merk are scum?

What if I ask for your read on merk?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

and KB on the chance you're town and care about convincing me as such, you should address my main concerns:

- how could you reasonably believe your post and FT's were "essentially the same"? It's not just a matter of content (though your content is different too), but of tone.

My tone and Fox's were also the same. You are the only one reading a weird tone into my posts. Is there some other bias going on here that is causing you to read my posts with a deliberately negative tone? Here are other people that believe as I do that me and Fox's posts were essentially the same:

TMMadman posted:

KB takes exception and points out his response is almost the same as Fox's (and I agree), but Ecco hits back with:

FoxTerrier posted:

—Not sure why Ecco is voting what appears to me the least scummy of the people she's objected to. I really don't think there's that much of a difference between my and KB's posts, and if that's the bulk of what the case against KB is based on I don't think it's a solid one.

Notice the two author's of the posts in question are in agreement of the meaning behind them. 3 vs 1 here Ecco. Are you ready to finally admit you are wrong?

EccoRaven posted:

- Your thought process around this whole thing hasn't felt very "genuine," either. The posts were different, I approved of one and disapproved of yours, and you got super defensive about it. It feels like you were doubling down on a bad point rather than being critical of your post (it was a bad post!) or organically figuring out if I was scum or not. It felt like a preemptive OMGUS, like you thought I was calling you scum for it, and you had to get the "no, YOU'RE scum for saying so!" in. But it happened to abruptly and so suddenly. Please tell me your thought process behind your vote and the subsequent casing.

My thought process:
"What on earth is she talking about? She just praised a post that was exactly the same as mine. Am I going crazy? I better reread the posts in question. Nope, she's really doing this. Oh, I see. She's mentioned me in passing with negative connotations so that she can revisit this later as part of a scum strategy. Yeah, that's probably it. Time to question her about it."

EccoRaven posted:

Also, explain this post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=451581888

because I was the only one getting voted at the time and in this post it sure looks like you're saying "ecco is getting voted for weird reasons" but in the post just before you were all like "yeah! people voting ecco! woo!". The explanation you gave in the second post doesn't seem like it comes logically from the first.

It's all there. Are you pretending to not know what tongue-in-cheek means? I did edit myself before posting that. The second sentence I almost posted was along the lines of "if only people were agreeing for the right reasons". But I decided I didn't need that second bit because whatever, if I get scum cuddled it's all good. But I was being deliberately sarcastic because everyone was refusing to engage with our conversation/opinions and it was frustrating. I'd love to hear your magic tale for how I was actually saying "yeah! people voting ecco! woo!" This is the thing I am talking about every time I mention your deliberate twisting of words. I'm capable of emoting. I use emotes. I use exclamation points. I did none of that in the post in question. So where on earth do you get your interpretation?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (5): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): FoxTerrier
Verr (1): TMMadman
King Burgundy (1): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven
Asiina (1): Verr

Not Voting (9): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, HiipFire, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax, Rarity, TheNabster

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!
:hist101: Battle options are due 1 hour before deadline by the thread kings! :hist101:

busb fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 19, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, just as an aside:

busb, it would be nice if you could turn the second post of this thread into a proper linked list of players.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won't be disclosing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I won't be disclosing.

You won't ever give anyone any opinion on merk.

Is that what you're saying?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

TMMadman posted:

Also, just as an aside:

busb, it would be nice if you could turn the second post of this thread into a proper linked list of players.

What's wrong with how i've done it??? (i'm being facetious i only just saw this post and had already done it~)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Verr posted:

that's fair, but i'm definitely making that vote based on posting. and rolefishy is definitely what i was going for. we need to know who to send into the fight. right?

Asiina posted that they'd rather not fight, and in light of the others volunteering that puts them in a great place to be scum. same with KB.

I didn't post I'd rather not fight. This is what I said:

King Burgundy posted:

I can be useful outside of combat. But if you need to send me in, I'm ranged.

I'm fine with whatever. But for the record, even if I wasn't, I'm not sure how much that says. In the previous soldiers game I was in I was scum and we had some amazing abilities to sabotage combat so it was a wash on which was preferable as scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

What's wrong with how i've done it??? (i'm being facetious i only just saw this post and had already done it~)

Thank you. :)

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

thanks for the clarification KB. good luck with the battle choices commieking cckeane

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd love to hear more from others that haven't commented on myself or Ecco. Or, anyone else for that matter. The folks that haven't even beat Busb's post count need especially to say some stuff:

busb 7
CapitalistPig 3
votefinder 2
Beetphyxious 2
Mithross 2
Rarity 1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even know Rarity was in this game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
there's no way a scum player would use all those words on me when I'm in the lead and the only vote on him is me and my case is universally panned.

KB I still think the tone between your post and FT's were very different but I don't think it matters now.

##unvote

someone help me decide between merk and diqnol

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

bad for us on, at least speaking to fighting

they both claim to upfront fighters

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

there's no way a scum player would use all those words on me when I'm in the lead and the only vote on him is me and my case is universally panned.

KB I still think the tone between your post and FT's were very different but I don't think it matters now.

##unvote

someone help me decide between merk and diqnol

I would think Diqnol. I really don't like his responses to your pressure and his refusal to give an opinion on merk while saying that merk shouldn't be in the fight.

It reads weird.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

It reads weird.

weird doesn't mean scum though. I'm leaning on merk but if I support a merk death and I'm wrong that's a huge town asset gone.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you should unvote verr though TMM, him focusing so much on battle stuff leans town. If he were scum he'd just post the info in his scumdoc and not be so up front with it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I looked at my role pm to see if I was any good in combat

I think I have an underdog type role? bigger numbers are better or worse?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

you should unvote verr though TMM, him focusing so much on battle stuff leans town. If he were scum he'd just post the info in his scumdoc and not be so up front with it.

I don't know, if I was scum, posting about battle stuff seems like a pretty easy out because it's not actually making judgement calls on people while still looking like you want to help.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

honestly, I think you guys have played too much mafia. you're so focused on day 1 gut reads that you're ignoring the battle info right in front of us!

bowmore posted:

I looked at my role pm to see if I was any good in combat

I think I have an underdog type role? bigger numbers are better or worse?

higher numbers win i think.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my gosh. I was getting ready to go to church when I realized I lost the keys to my scooter. I panicked and went to my scooter. There was a note in a plastic baggie wrapped around the handle telling me I left them in the ignition yesterday morning and to call a guy to pick them up.

I am the dumbest motherflipper sometimes I swear.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

:siren:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

oh my gosh. I was getting ready to go to church when I realized I lost the keys to my scooter. I panicked and went to my scooter. There was a note in a plastic baggie wrapped around the handle telling me I left them in the ignition yesterday morning and to call a guy to pick them up.

I am the dumbest motherflipper sometimes I swear.
only sometimes? ;)

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

is that a good or bad siren?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

nah.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
TMM is absolutely right in that focusing on battle stuff is a way for scum to participate without having to form opinions. It's also a good way to role fish.

Ecco actively defending him makes me double :siren: :siren:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
cool.

this is stupid I waited WEEKS for this game to start and I'm gonna get kicked out before day 1 even finishes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

after only realising the thread started last night i've been asleep for half this time and then at work. I'm playing catch up.

a few observations:

day 1 is notoriously hard to base a vote on someone for anything aside from meta or what they've posted thus far. so with that in mind i always am lenient on posters generating content like ecco. you give them enough rope and they either run with and get results or they hang themselves. the flip side is you've also gotta balance it against drowning out the thread with too much noise so i think beating into ecco any further is just distracting us from making any real cases.

the meta in this game is incomprehensible to me. I've only played with bowmore and hiip before from this bunch so some how i managed to avoid being stuck with all the other auspol players.

combat details: i've never played a soldiers game before but from what i gather we'd want to lose less guys then the other team whilst simultaneously flushing out scum am i right? if so i disagree talking about combat structure is 'role fishing' or a waste of time and would want to know how else could comrade cckeane make any sort of calls as to who is going where. (unless it's just a case of day 1 :shrug: lets have a serious look at it day 2).

i'd also say that people advocating for or against combat isn't really a great way to get a scum read. scum could have an ability they want to use in combat just as town might have roles they only can use if outside of combat. i wouldn't think there's enough info to make a call either way.

so with that said, i'm not super fighty but not fussed either way.

TMMadman posted:

I don't know, if I was scum, posting about battle stuff seems like a pretty easy out because it's not actually making judgement calls on people while still looking like you want to help.

i agree with part of what you're saying. if people were posting just battle stuff and not bothering to engage / scum hunt yeah i'd say that's not in town's interest, but i'd disagree that talking about battle stuff generally is a great scum content generator unless that's only what they are doing.

sorta like capitalist pig: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747218&userid=86785 he threw out a 'me too!' vote which really isn't anything on ecco after talking about his combat prowess and that's about it. your point is apt here, unless he starts making cases (now that he's been called on it)

the other low content posters?

mithross has only two posts and it's solely about combat. again, not a single case.

rarity has one post saying it was their birthday, so they haven't posted about anything yet.

and me, my post count exceedingly low and i've kind of wondered why bowmore hasn't called me out on it. i'm normally post count leader.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

TMM is absolutely right in that focusing on battle stuff is a way for scum to participate without having to form opinions. It's also a good way to role fish.

Ecco actively defending him makes me double :siren: :siren:

lol, should have refreshed before posting.

like i said, never played a soldiers game before but i wouldn't think this is a black / white situation where talking about the battle always = scummy. i'd say it in light of the rest of their posting could be telling, eg. only talking about battle and no real casing? yeah sure i'll agree with that to a point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beetphyxious posted:

and me, my post count exceedingly low and i've kind of wondered why bowmore hasn't called me out on it. i'm normally post count leader.
you world doesn't revolve around you mate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sure, if you're not interested in casing people, i guess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If I was to think about it I would just assume it's because the game doesn't take a 24 hour format that you are used to

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you want some advice beet, throw meta out the window, it will not serve you well

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey bowmore how do you feel about :

- me
- merk
- diqnol

and do you have your own thoughts so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone tell me who to vote for, I have been on the move since 3:30 am and taken 3 different planes today

• Locked thread