Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

My vote on Ecco is locked.

cool okay thanks merk.

Little Mac posted:

How many of these, in your opinion, are legit reasons to vote for you?

the KB one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey guys we are less than 24 hours from deadline and I am still halfway to execute. AND we're in Double Plurality. If you don't think I am scum, I ask you, urge you, to coordinate your votes to keep me alive another day. I would very much appreciate it.

I suggest merk as a solid choice for the reasons I've said earlier. Diqnol is a good alternative if you don't wanna vote merk for some reason. Alternatively, getting rid of lurkers is probably the most optimal choice, since active players will invariably be: nightkilled; and/or sent to battle to die.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've eviscerated your case with no effort at all, and here you are still trying to push it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I've eviscerated your case with no effort at all, and here you are still trying to push it.
eviscerated is a pretty strong word merk.

I misphrased one of your posts. It wasn't the thrust of my response to you, nor was it even the lynchpin. You have relied on tangential reasons to avoid actually addressing my case against you (or the holes in your own case). That's scummy as heck.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FoxTerrier posted:

3) King Burgundy Do you have any scum picks besides Ecco? How about town picks?

I don't have any strong scum feelings on anyone else currently. But I'm very comfortable voting out any of the lurkers as my second choice. There is always at least one scum there.

I generally have a few people I feel comfortable are town by now, but this game has been a bit weird and I'm not really seeing enough from anyone to lean that way yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Beetphyxious posted:

would we be better of voting a lurker for the second lynch or sending them off to fight?

I think voting one of them out would be good.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

I don't have any strong scum feelings on anyone else currently. But I'm very comfortable voting out any of the lurkers as my second choice. There is always at least one scum there.

I generally have a few people I feel comfortable are town by now, but this game has been a bit weird and I'm not really seeing enough from anyone to lean that way yet.

hey KB is there anything I can say or do to help let you realize I was mistaken about you, but that it didn't make me scum?

if there isn't that's totally okay, your vote is the only legitimate one on me right now and I'd understand if you view this post as "ecco trying to weasel me out of the vote"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I do have to say it is concerning that Ecco has gotten so many votes so quickly. Not to mention she almost has more posts than the next three people combined.

It takes a lot of energy and effort to post that much when you are scum, so even though I'm still somewhat suspicious of Ecco, I think it'd probably be a mistake to hang her today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
to expand on my thoughts KB, while I still disagree that your post and FT's were similar, my main feeling was you reacted very, very defensively to my minor callout, and your thought process around it read way disingenuous - like you were trying to cover up a bad post with a lot of words and accusations. but now I see that you actually do write massive posts in your defense even from someone as impotent and about to die as me, which means my feeling about you was almost certainly wrong.

I hope you at least see where I was coming from, since it's the truth.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

hey KB is there anything I can say or do to help let you realize I was mistaken about you, but that it didn't make me scum?

if there isn't that's totally okay, your vote is the only legitimate one on me right now and I'd understand if you view this post as "ecco trying to weasel me out of the vote"

Sure, maybe. I can't say what it would be, but I'm always flexible to new information. Maybe you'll make an amazing case and it will change my feelings. Maybe you'll make a before hammer claim that I believe enough to let you make it to at least another day.

Actually, I just thought of one thing that would help. If you can find games of yours where you've done this same weird reinterpretation of people's posts thing as town, I'm willing to read any exchanges from those that you point out and see if this is just your thing. I don't recall you doing anything like this in the games I vaguely remember you being town in like The Wire though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

It takes a lot of energy and effort to post that much when you are scum, so even though I'm still somewhat suspicious of Ecco, I think it'd probably be a mistake to hang her today.

I like your "don't hang ecco" stance but this is a bad reason not to vote me. If you think I'm scum then vote me (and if you have a good reason why I won't be so mean as to call your vote silly or nonsense). if I'm scum then my high-volume posting is just me doing whatever it takes to get free of the noose, and a product of a really empty weekend on my social calendar.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I just thought of one thing that would help. If you can find games of yours where you've done this same weird reinterpretation of people's posts thing as town, I'm willing to read any exchanges from those that you point out and see if this is just your thing.

This is really bad. Don't let him provide his own meta defense. If you want to make a read, find it yourself.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also think it's scummy to go into other games to try to get an alignment read on someone. There's plenty of stuff here. One example of his meta from another game is irrelevant.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I just thought of one thing that would help. If you can find games of yours where you've done this same weird reinterpretation of people's posts thing as town, I'm willing to read any exchanges from those that you point out and see if this is just your thing. I don't recall you doing anything like this in the games I vaguely remember you being town in like The Wire though.

I can't think of an example, sorry. I'm generally glib and sarcastic but nothing particularly comes to mind because this is the first time it's gotten me in trouble.

I didn't post like that in the Wire because I was roleplaying. It worked out really well actually, I should roleplay Petyr Baelish as Tommy Carcetti more often.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I do have to say it is concerning that Ecco has gotten so many votes so quickly. Not to mention she almost has more posts than the next three people combined.

Who are you campaigning for instead?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Your inability to see where I'm coming from is one of the main reasons why I'm very confident in my vote on you. I told you I was playing most of the game on my phone, and you somehow ignored that when making a post about how I've played a backseat today.

I made a great d1 case on you. Why can't you put yourself in my shoes and see how I came to that case? Because you're scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

to expand on my thoughts KB, while I still disagree that your post and FT's were similar, my main feeling was you reacted very, very defensively to my minor callout, and your thought process around it read way disingenuous - like you were trying to cover up a bad post with a lot of words and accusations. but now I see that you actually do write massive posts in your defense even from someone as impotent and about to die as me, which means my feeling about you was almost certainly wrong.

That makes some sense. But I'm still baffled that you don't see the similarities. Like you really can't see me making that post with the same mindset as Fox? Others can, so in this instance at least, you have to at least consider that your analysis of the initial post was wrong. :shrug:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I made a great d1 case on you. Why can't you put yourself in my shoes and see how I came to that case? Because you're scum.
nah.

your case, divided into phases:

- I asked content questions and deliberately made it not go anywhere. I have responded to this one a lot and you ignored them because among many other words I used "silly" and "nonsense" to describe your points. The only time you did talk about the points it was obliquely, saying it was "not persuasive."

- I misphrased your case against me, and I did the same thing misphrasing KB's post. I don't agree about KB, but I concede it was inaccurate regarding your case. But I really don't think it's a slam dunk point, because the misphrasing was not essential to my response to you, it was not even a big part in my response to you. It wasn't even a grossly inaccurate misphrasing. It is worth a "ecco that's not what I mean," and me going "yeah ok I know, sorry."

- I called people's votes against me silly and dumb and bad. I've said this, too, isn't very fair because not only is it totally okay to call bad thing bad (not people! just a post or case or sentence!), but it ignores that I have a lot of time and effort behind those words explaining them.

I don't see where you're coming from, merk. I really don't.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

This is really bad. Don't let him provide his own meta defense. If you want to make a read, find it yourself.

I get where you are coming from on this, but I think she's scum. I've already put quite a lot of effort into combing this thread and responding to things to make my responses. I really don't feel the need to disprove my own theory by hunting through large volumes of other game posts. :) If it was for my own case against her, sure, I'd do it. But since it's not I've got better things to do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

That makes some sense. But I'm still baffled that you don't see the similarities. Like you really can't see me making that post with the same mindset as Fox? Others can, so in this instance at least, you have to at least consider that your analysis of the initial post was wrong.

I mean, I see the similarities - you both said you were trying to imitate your town games as scum but you couldn't think of anything in specific. But that's a very surface-level similarity, because to me the tone of both your posts was really different. In FT's I could see her thought process, I could see her engaging with the question, thinking through it, and presenting that clearly. I didn't get that from your post at all.

My opinion though is universally panned, which means, while I still feel like I'm right, it's certainly not something worth pushing anymore.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

nah.

your case, divided into phases:

- I asked content questions and deliberately made it not go anywhere. I have responded to this one a lot and you ignored them because among many other words I used "silly" and "nonsense" to describe your points. The only time you did talk about the points it was obliquely, saying it was "not persuasive."

- I misphrased your case against me, and I did the same thing misphrasing KB's post. I don't agree about KB, but I concede it was inaccurate regarding your case. But I really don't think it's a slam dunk point, because the misphrasing was not essential to my response to you, it was not even a big part in my response to you. It wasn't even a grossly inaccurate misphrasing. It is worth a "ecco that's not what I mean," and me going "yeah ok I know, sorry."

- I called people's votes against me silly and dumb and bad. I've said this, too, isn't very fair because not only is it totally okay to call bad thing bad (not people! just a post or case or sentence!), but it ignores that I have a lot of time and effort behind those words explaining them.

I don't see where you're coming from, merk. I really don't.

This case is going to get you lynched today. If you can't see it, maybe use this as a takeaway to improve for the next game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Who are you campaigning for instead?

Right now I don't like Verr. He's posted a bit, but almost all of it revolved around the combat stuff. He hasn't really made any calls, except to say that he concerned about you and Asiina because both of you aren't itching to go into combat.

Here is the things he's said about combat:

Verr posted:

im a ranged buffin dude, send me in coach

So we know he wants to be a back line guy. Then a few posts later:

Verr posted:

well its day 1 and i lack the jokepost analytic ability of the rest of you guys

i say we look at who volunteers/who wants to fight. scum is going to have a plan to burn through our armies so ccbeane gets attacked right?

But the skin of the brave soldier never blanches.
He's all control. Tense but no great fear.
The moment he joins his comrades packed in ambush
he prays to wade in carnage, cut-and-thrust at once.

So he wants to look at the people who are volunteering to fight, which now includes him. The he does his list post (I'm clipping the list) here:

Verr posted:

and I'm a backline buffer guy.

alright, so I figure excepting one or two scum who have in-combat abilities, most of them will want to stay out of the battle. so folks are putting up a token effort but are avoiding fights. if this reads then King Burgandy and Asiina are my two picks.

i'll ##vote Asiina for now to help avoid "hammering" or whatever. lemme know if i missed anyone's combat chat.

everyone else who hasn't talked about your abilities, SPEAK UP

We started with 17 players, so I'm guessing there's probably only 4 scum which makes his scum speculation weird in my opinion. I don't see why there wouldn't be town roles that are weak in combat, so just picking based on who doesn't want to fight feels really weak to me. Then he even follows it up with an actual lineup:

Verr posted:

i guess we do have enough to fill the roster there

how's this look?

frontline: merk/pizza man/???
backline: Mithross/the Nabster/Capitalist pig OR me

We need another stabby dude to volunteer

None if it really sits right with me. He isn't making cases based on content, he's just basing his vote on people who don't want to get put into combat. Sure, I guess you could use that as a guideline, but he also admits that there are going to be scum that do want to join in combat and he's just flat out ignoring them.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

This case is going to get you lynched today. If you can't see it, maybe use this as a takeaway to improve for the next game.

no, "this case" isn't getting me hanged today. A combination of a bunch of cases of varying veracity will do that.

I am going to assume here on out that you are never going to address my points about your case.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (5): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): FoxTerrier
Verr (1): TMMadman
merk (1): EccoRaven
Rarity (1): HiipFire
Asiina (1): Verr
King Burgundy (0): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven, EccoRaven

Not Voting (8): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax, Rarity, TheNabster

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 43 minutes.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

no, "this case" isn't getting me hanged today. A combination of a bunch of cases of varying veracity will do that.

I am going to assume here on out that you are never going to address my points about your case.

I am not going to address points that I don't think are legitimate coming from someone who I'm pretty sure flips scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I am not going to address points that I don't think are legitimate coming from someone who I'm pretty sure flips scum.

cool okay great.

hey merk can you do me a solid? when I die today and flip town, can you spend a few minutes and tell me exactly what I've done wrong today? because I know a few small things but none of those should be "slam dunk let's kill ecco today" stuff.

if I flip scum feel free to ignore this post entirely but I would very much appreciate it.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman, i follow. but the people who volunteer will probably fight. if they fight, we hopefully learn stuff about them. even optimistically, we're not going to win every fight. let's use the fights as an opportunity to tell who is who.

even the round after, we can look at how people volunteered, walked back from volunteering, and stayed under the radar. town should be asking questions about moves and offerings. sure, the scum finds out, but if we catch a scum with odd numbers in combat they're hosed. if they get info on a random townie that's bad, but not unstoppable.

i'm okay with any of the frequent posters out. i'd also be down for a silent lynch. whatever it is, let's be sure to use the battle system to help determine truth/fiction in concert with that vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Verr posted:

i'm okay with any of the frequent posters out. i'd also be down for a silent lynch. whatever it is, let's be sure to use the battle system to help determine truth/fiction in concert with that vote.
hey Verr do you have any actual opinions about the game? Because I agree with you to an extent - looking at the battle information is somewhat important - but if you do it in lieu of trying to hunt for scum, that's bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
These people need to post more/at all. They should give some opinions too. It can be about anything, but the better player will make a case. It doesn't need to be elaborate or wordy. It can be against me, I'm sorta resigned, I won't fight you (much).

Beetphyxious
bowmore
CapitalistPig
HiipFire
Little Mac
Mithross
Opopanax
Rarity
TheNabster
Verr

heh that's over half the game. neat.

Beetphyxious gave a huge post that said almost nothing. bowmore has said almost nothing. CPig posted like once and that was to no-content vote me. Hiipfire is a chronic "content lurker" (posts frequently but rarely with any substance). Little Mac checked in, didn't read the thread, and didn't post anything other than "what's the case on ecco" and minor, minor followups. Mithross has posted like twice. Opop said he's on vacation but he's been around enough it's like he's flaunting that nobody is paying attention to him. Rarity posted once. TheNabster has been off to the side and doesn't seem willing to get their hands dirty. Verr has focused on battle stuff at the exclusion of scum.

I think of those, I would prefer voting for someone who is actually around but still not being helpful (i.e. not Rarity or Mithross). I especially am feeling right now:
- Hiipfire is the "safest" (he's never going to post anything of substance later, he's always going to be an unanswered question short of wasting night actions on him);
- Opop is an okay choice, he's said nothing of substance and doesn't seem interested in starting anytime soon. Yeah he's been on vacation but he needs to get it together; and
- Little Mac. He popped in and sure shootin' looked like he was about to roll up his sleeves and get into the game but it petered out just as quickly. I think he just did a check-in post so he can later avoid being accused of totally disappearing.

~~~~~~~~~

Of the players who have actually said stuff, I've made my opinion known pretty well about all of them I think. I have back-level bad feelings about TMM and Asiina but they're nothing substantial, it would take more play from them to figure it out. I do think, though, that if merk is town then Asiina might be scum - her latching onto the merk case like that felt a little opportunistic. But not nearly enough to make a stink out of it, especially when I have such a good feeling about merk right now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think I have finally run out of things to say and people to say things to.

I am going to be gone for most of tomorrow and might be gone for the deadline. I will be around periodically but I've posted over a hundred times over the past day and a half and I'm very tired now.

I am not scum. Most of the cases against me are without merit, and the one that is is not decisively-so, and I hope for most of you it is outweighed by my frank, forthright, and sincere posting this game.

I don't reasonably expect people to coordinate their votes in such a way that we can vote out two scummy people (rather than me + whoever poor schlump gets the most votes in the next ~17 hours). But we should try, at least.

I think merk has been pretty scummy this game. I think Diqnol's behavior around my cipherclaim has been strange as all get-out. I think a huge number of players need to post more but a few of them stuck out to me as somewhat worse than the rest.

I'm disappointed in the game and myself that I'm probably getting executed on day 1, that this is the ~fifth game in a row I've received a ton of suspicion day 1 for seemingly no reason, made all the more bitter as this time I'm actually town. If it really is me and my fault, I don't quite know what it is, which disappoints me even more because I usually am so self-aware about what I do and how people perceive me. Oh well.

Anyway.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
In my defense, I an European, and my working week had just started.

Also ##vote GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends! Birthday was amazing, I partied for 14 hours, spent the next day collapsed in bed cuddling a pizza and am now sort of recovered and 30 :toot:

I'll start catching up as soon as I've watched B99, I'm excited to learn why Hiipfire is voting for me!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I like your "don't hang ecco" stance but this is a bad reason not to vote me. If you think I'm scum then vote me (and if you have a good reason why I won't be so mean as to call your vote silly or nonsense). if I'm scum then my high-volume posting is just me doing whatever it takes to get free of the noose, and a product of a really empty weekend on my social calendar.

yeah that's not quite what tmm was saying but whatever, his observation was a fair one. there are quite a lot of people who are 100% certain they've caught a scum on d1 and that's sort of odd.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Verr posted:

TMMadman, i follow. but the people who volunteer will probably fight. if they fight, we hopefully learn stuff about them. even optimistically, we're not going to win every fight. let's use the fights as an opportunity to tell who is who.

even the round after, we can look at how people volunteered, walked back from volunteering, and stayed under the radar. town should be asking questions about moves and offerings. sure, the scum finds out, but if we catch a scum with odd numbers in combat they're hosed. if they get info on a random townie that's bad, but not unstoppable.

i've not played a soldiers game before, so this could be a v.dumb question: do the numbers get flipped to the kings or us or whatever or is it all resolved behind the scenes?

if it's the former, ignore the next sentence. if it's the latter how can we catch anyone out, like you're saying, without knowing what the trojans fielded?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I think I have finally run out of things to say and people to say things to.

I am going to be gone for most of tomorrow and might be gone for the deadline. I will be around periodically but I've posted over a hundred times over the past day and a half and I'm very tired now.

I am not scum. Most of the cases against me are without merit, and the one that is is not decisively-so, and I hope for most of you it is outweighed by my frank, forthright, and sincere posting this game.

I don't reasonably expect people to coordinate their votes in such a way that we can vote out two scummy people (rather than me + whoever poor schlump gets the most votes in the next ~17 hours). But we should try, at least.

I think merk has been pretty scummy this game. I think Diqnol's behavior around my cipherclaim has been strange as all get-out. I think a huge number of players need to post more but a few of them stuck out to me as somewhat worse than the rest.

I'm disappointed in the game and myself that I'm probably getting executed on day 1, that this is the ~fifth game in a row I've received a ton of suspicion day 1 for seemingly no reason, made all the more bitter as this time I'm actually town. If it really is me and my fault, I don't quite know what it is, which disappoints me even more because I usually am so self-aware about what I do and how people perceive me. Oh well.

Anyway.

honestly my impressions have been that you, merk and pizza just seem to be having slap fights and there's no real smoking gunjavelin. the only thing that's struck me as odd was one of you refusing to give their opinion on the other. i think it was pizza refusing to give their thoughts on merk?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah it was merk, and merk even queried it, as did king burgundy. pizza still keeping those cards close to this chest.

anyway i don't see any of that as suss enough to warrant a vote. i'm also against getting rid of two of the top three posters based on what i feel is a dumb slap fight.

so out of the lurkers i'm keen on anyone really,

(pinching part of ecco's post)

EccoRaven posted:

CapitalistPig
Little Mac
Mithross
Rarity

and focusing on those with less posts than me (obviously):

capitalist pig for the vote and run.
little mac for gently caress all content, token engagement
mithross has done absolutely nothing. 2 posts about battle and they were sort of confusing.
rarity has also done zip but has just appeared

i'd rather see how rarity engages (now he's appeared) . if it doesn't go well (or he goes awol again) we can review then. we also can't forget about the battle in this game. we don't want our numbers to dwindle too quickly and if mithross is what he says he is i'd rather not risk lynching him, but test it out in the battle, same with capitalist pig. even with a vote and run he's intimated he's good in the second line so we can put that to the test?

so with that : ##vote little mac to see if that prompts them to post

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, just checked up on the rules and took a proper look at my role PM. I'm best off in melee.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

this is the thread for joke dicks.

Pretty sure that's PMom's thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

My scumtell is posting a lot of big elaborate cases and also lots of shitposting. If I'm posting a lot I'm scum.

Nice to see Asiina embracing jokephase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

If I was scum, I would take you up on this offer in a heartbeat. :) I'm not though.

This post is giving me ~*vibes*~

• Locked thread