Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
No it's not cut content You have to have a insanely high resolve / intellect and pick the perfect dialogue choices to get a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm doing The Recluse of White March quest and
The game hss pretty much told me on multiple occasions "Don't Awaken Taena! Find someone else." But I've been through the whole village and I can't find anyone else. And the one guide I've found just says to use Taena.
Is this cut content?

You can also awaken the dwarf waitress in the inn, though the results aren't optimal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do I revive someone in combat (for the St Ydwen upgrade). Is it just the Priest spell?

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The Lone Badger posted:

How do I revive someone in combat (for the St Ydwen upgrade). Is it just the Priest spell?

That and Second Chance or whatever it's called on armor/ring.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

a cow posted:

That and Second Chance or whatever it's called on armor/ring.

Ah great, got several of those.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Does it feel like you've gone crazy after Ciant Lis? Not really, it feels like you've gained cool psychic powers with no real downside.

Yea this is a really good way of looking at it and reflects exactly how I felt about it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

You can also awaken the dwarf waitress in the inn, though the results aren't optimal.

Wait there is someone else you can awaken?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Wait there is someone else you can awaken?

Yeah.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dear thread:

Zahua is the loving best.

That is all. Carry on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I can't spot a Secret, does that mean I need more Perception? On anyone, or does it only work on the MC?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

If I can't spot a Secret, does that mean I need more Perception? On anyone, or does it only work on the MC?

Only the mechanics skill matter, and it can be on anybody.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nordick posted:

Dear thread:

Zahua is the loving best.

That is all. Carry on.

I bought the forgemaster's gloves so Zahua would be able to gib crush immune/resistant creatures, sadly they're a little glitched, but loading the game resets them so they can work again.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Paladins gets an exhortation(Reviving Exhortation, I think), and there are scrolls of resurrection/revivification/whatever, too.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mr Cuddles posted:

Yea this is a really good way of looking at it and reflects exactly how I felt about it.

For me, it felt like I had gained powers with no real downside, because I had no gauge for how it normally occurred.

Everyone says, "Nobody survives a biawic! Nobody!", so clearly that is not the normal method of becoming a watcher. I just assumed that the way I had become a watcher was unique enough that I wasn't suffering side effects aside from fitful sleep.

I kept hearing about how I MIGHT go crazy, but I had assumed I was keeping a good handle on things, due to being able to respond to things like "So, you feeling...You know, crazy yet?" With answers ranging from "This is the worst thing in the world" to "Actually this one hundred loving percent owns and thanks to it I am an unstoppable badass"

Apparently that wasn't the case.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Goddamnit. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

Also, for those that were wondering Tall Grass does work well on a Barbarian better on a Rogue though. Does anyone or can anyone figure out if the Durgan Steel 20% of htis Crit adds to Predatory?

I also checked out Half-Mast which is the Pole Arm. Way more damage over all. Boosting as high as you can Perception and Intellect as well as Aim and to hit bonus to get more Crits helps as well.

The Crit on Carnage does cause Prone and using Heart of Fury or Barbaric Blow is pretty awesome. I think it's prob one of the best weapons next to Tide Fall.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 19, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Whats your party make up? If you are that high level you should access to the Soulbound Weapons. Even having the Estoc and Stormbringer blasting him works for me. Also use Scrolls of Paralysis. Optional get to level 14 Kill Concelhaut and brutally murder the Adra Dragon with that hosed up overpwered hammer spell.

Also if you get one paralysis off you can keep casting Debuffs on him to lower his Fortitude more and more then just Disintegrate him.

Thanks! I got him down to one pip of health then died. I reloaded then lured him up to the stairs and shot him with guns and summons instead :v:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Alpine Dragon is actually way harder than the Adradragon. For me at least it is. It sucks to because it doesn't have any associated enchants or anything.

binarysmurf
Aug 18, 2012

I smurf, therefore I am.
Just thought I'd try a Barbarian playthrough, and (as has been widely reported), Frenzy utterly fails to trigger.

I'm running a current Mac App Store version of PoE with White March (2.01.0721 PX1)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, for whatever reason the AI will trigger Frenzy no problem but the press button Frenzy seems to either get immediately interrupted or not work at all.

I've been noticing huge problems with the AI stuff.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I think watcher story would be helped by a few more creepy things happening.

Near the start, you walk in on one of the torture scenes and the victims seem alive, and beg you to spare them. Your party members are concerned and poof they turn purple and disappear.

Later, near the end, the spirits break free of their racks and rush the pc, and the screen fades black. Companions are very concerned and struggle to wake you up.

When in a social situation, the spirits appear and gently caress up some things, like at the trial.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I found the side quests and those stories more compelling than the main story. For example , Blood Legacy was very well done and incredible. The Main quest was rather forgettable. Mainly because everything is pretty much told to you. You see some things but otherwise you never actually confront Thaos until the end of the game, he's not actively actually trying to kill you. Like someone pointed out you basically just got a really cool superpower.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 19, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I bought the forgemaster's gloves so Zahua would be able to gib crush immune/resistant creatures, sadly they're a little glitched, but loading the game resets them so they can work again.
His gloves glitching out puts a whole new funny perspective on him going "Whoah, my hands do NOT look like that" after an area transition.

Also, where are those gloves sold? Not that I'll need them that much anymore since I already finished White March so I won't be facing ice blights any more.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So yeah, that act ending was a bit poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I stopped playing for awhile after getting destroyed by Concelhaut (not realizing it was supposed to be endgame optional content) but finally decided to get back into it. The actual White March part was a lot of fun and far less frustrating, and when it was all done I went back and was able to defeat Concelhaut in 3 attempts - the first time it came down to him and Eder slugging it out on the corpses of his henchmen and my knocked out party, and I just failed to keep him down; second time I got almost insta-wiped; and third time I was able to keep most of the party up and survive long enough to take him down. That was very satisfying, and I've done pretty much everything else as far as I can tell. I didn't kill the Alpine Dragon because I figured it wasn't the active threat that the previous two had been, but I had been considering loading up my save and killing it "unofficially" just for the achievement.... till I saw this:

Hollismason posted:

The Alpine Dragon is actually way harder than the Adradragon. For me at least it is. It sucks to because it doesn't have any associated enchants or anything.

So maybe not, it was fun to get back into Pillars and though the way the plot ended was kind of anti-climactic, I am at least intrigued about the 2nd part based on the little hints of what was to come.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Alpine Dragon is a weird encounter because it is a really hard encounter probably harder than Adradragon and there's not really a great reward for killing it. You get some Durgan Steel and I think the bow that casts Confuse on hits. Maybe something else otherwise "Meh"

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 19, 2015

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Apparently patch 2.03 is nerfing crowd control by adding critter affliction immunities and also buffs the fighters. Source: Rope Kid's twitter account

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Yeah. Most of the critter immunities are grouped by type (e.g. spirits, vessels), but some specific creatures also get their own immunities (e.g. dragons).

If you hit something with an affliction they're immune to, they'll float an *Immune!* message and it will list it in the log. The immunities are also set up as abilities, so they get added to the corresponding bestiary entry.

rope kid fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 19, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shot gun rogue....Good and doable? Or an exercise in futility and a self imposed nerf?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
rope kid, can we get any word on plans for Novice's Suffering interacting with Spiritshift claws? Is it being worked on? It still doesn't work.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

Yeah. Most of the critter immunities are grouped by type (e.g. spirits, vessels), but some specific creatures also get their own immunities (e.g. dragons).

If you hit something with an affliction they're immune to, they'll float an *Immune!* message and it will list it in the log. The immunities are also set up as abilities, so they get added to the corresponding bestiary entry.

Are they days of scroll of paralyze spam on dragon fights over????

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Dick Burglar posted:

rope kid, can we get any word on plans for Novice's Suffering interacting with Spiritshift claws? Is it being worked on? It still doesn't work.
The text for Novice's Suffering now states that it doesn't stack with spiritshift weapons. Spiritshift weapons are already burly as hell.

frajaq posted:

Are they days of scroll of paralyze spam on dragon fights over????
In either this patch or the last, the duration on Scroll of Paralysis went down. Dragons aren't all immune to Paralyzed, but one of them is.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I thought the waitress arguably ends up better off awakened?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Jastiger posted:

Shot gun rogue....Good and doable? Or an exercise in futility and a self imposed nerf?

Pretty solid. The addition of Durgan steel tipped the balance in favour of bows, but you can still do quite well with a blunderbuss. Just get Penetrating Shot and Gunner, and you'll be set.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

rope kid posted:

Does Durgan Steel enchant stack or add with other similar enchants like Predatory? Does it stack with Armoured Grace?

Can't tell.

It seems that the bonus to CRIT gets overridden if you have the Doemenel talent that adds crit bonus. Also Helm of Endless... doesn't work it all get's supressed for whatever reason. The +3 Might does work though the rest of it always stays surpressed. I can take a screenshot later.

No matter how many people I kill the Helm does not activate. I even tried killing as many enemies as possible in the 20second window and still was suppressed. Only got the +3.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 20, 2015

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Hollismason posted:

Does Durgan Steel enchant stack or add with other similar enchants like Predatory? Does it stack with Armoured Grace?
It should, yes. I believe programming was looking into a bug where it wasn't.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Apparently patch 2.03 is nerfing crowd control by adding critter affliction immunities and also buffs the fighters. Source: Rope Kid's twitter account

Jesus. Glad I clawed my way past the Phantom Phase of TCS Chanter.

As long as I don't die. :ohdear:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rope kid posted:

Huh, I thought the lack of hard immunities was a purposeful thing in PoE, but I guess I hadn't really considered the damage type immunities that were already in. Plus the high-level spells are probably just too powerful across the board without it.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Jastiger posted:

Devastating against low-DR enemies, less effective against high-DR enemies. Shares a weapon group with pistol/sabre/stiletto, though, so there's a ton of good options for the occasions where the shotgun doesn't make the cut.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Huh, I thought the lack of hard immunities was a purposeful thing in PoE, but I guess I hadn't really considered the damage type immunities that were already in. Plus the high-level spells are probably just too powerful across the board without it.
It was, but the reasons for it have mostly disappeared over time. We don't have classes that are so inherently CC-focused that they can't work around immunities (cipher and wizard are closest, but they have a lot of options). We have better feedback for when you hit immunities. Bestiary entries now display abilities, which means you can look at the entry and go "oh hey". Finally, there's actually support for affliction immunities. In the base game, the code didn't support it at all.

What we were trying to avoid was the 3.X situation where your rogues and beguilers throw their hands up because they're fighting swarms of undead/constructs/elementals for hours straight and the majority of your abilities can't affect them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Rogues are good and doable with any weapon.

• Locked thread