Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

In other news...and you're not going to believe your eyes and ears when you review this....Star Citizen: Early Multi-crew action in Free Flight

This is what some Star Citizen White Knights are calling an "amazing" game. Seriously. Watch.

My god, its full of lag

That dude is trying waaaaaaaay to hard to be amazed by what he's seeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ahahaha I love how the light sources outside the ship are casting through the walls.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
And more "friends" drop off my FB and Skype lists.
loving Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags.
They can't handle the fact that I don't support, and actively show and talk about how bad Dear Leader is at managing a project.

Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.
Eat a bag of dicks. Die in a fire.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

What is the significance of this? Like, what is supposed to happen when this expires?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

revmoo posted:

Ahahaha I love how the light sources outside the ship are casting through the walls.

the video is 90% clipping, with a first person view that when you usually cant move you follow with an Alt+f4. Also the stutter left me two seconds in I reaching for the Esc key to lower graphics setting

AMAZING

THIS IS THE BEST EVER

I CAN SEE THE BOTTOM (read in a creepy voice)

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

They can't handle the fact that I don't support, and actively show and talk about how bad Dear Leader is at managing a project.

Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

I'll come be your friend.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris and Sandi's kids are child actors and have their own page on IMDB. Smart showed a picture off IMDB of Sandi and her kid as proof that Sandi and Chris were married.

In addition to where they live.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i just did that "say Derek smart 3 times into a mirror with the lights off" thing and nothing happened

edit: it does work! I got a dmca take down notice

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

BluestreakBTHR posted:

What did you expect?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
d smart doesnt seem to have an issue doxxing or threatening to doxx people if it's in the name of his crusade

we should ban him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

I agree. With that, I will stand down. Until he does something over-the-top lovely again.

Regardless of what Wulf does bringing his wife into this is uncalled for. The more personal you make it, the less about Star Citizen things get, the less credibility you have. Simply saying that everything is in the public domain does not shield you from the fact that, to a reasonable person, your actions look outright petty and vindictive.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Regardless of what Wulf does bringing his wife into this is uncalled for. The more personal you make it, the less about Star Citizen things get, the less credibility you have. Simply saying that everything is in the public domain does not shield you from the fact that, to a reasonable person, your actions look outright petty and vindictive.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

d smart doesnt seem to have an issue doxxing or threatening to doxx people if it's in the name of his crusade

we should ban him

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

When you touch the poop the poop touches back.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yeah. I was fine just finding out he was an unemployed Help Desk jockey with a flimsy grasp on how adult jobs work.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Madcosby posted:

we should ban him

Martin Luther King was a plagiarist. Winston Churchill was a drunk. John Paul II turned a blind eye to child abuse. Elizabeth Cady Stanton was racist as gently caress.

Great men and women are flawed. But we have to accept our heroes, flaws and all, if we are to benefit from their greatness.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Martin Luther King was a plagiarist. Winston Churchill was a drunk. John Paul II turned a blind eye to child abuse. Elizabeth Cady Stanton was racist as gently caress.

Great men and women are flawed. But we have to accept our heroes, flaws and all, if we are to benefit from their greatness.

:agreed:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Soothing Vapors posted:

Star Citizen is going to suck with or without D Smart and it'd be better to watch it collapse without an overly litigious boogeyman backers can blame for everything

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Asema posted:

Is this game dead yet y/n

if a game never lives, can it ever die?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

wyoak posted:

Star Citizen is going to suck with or without D Smart and it'd be better to watch it collapse without an overly litigious boogeyman backers can blame for everything

All will stand in awe at the kindness Dr Smart shows to us mortals as he gifts a LoD key to every SC backer to help them cope with their grief.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes it's cool. Star Citizen remains an absolutely stunning game.

hmm...

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

What is the significance of this? Like, what is supposed to happen when this expires?

DSmart goes through with his lawsuit.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

ShredsYouSay posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't making one object a child of another in terms of transforms pretty easy? I mean, it's one of the simplest forms of rigging in 3d programs. When in ship,make player child of ship, apply physics relative to ship space transforms.

Pretty much. I'll take Beer's word that CryEngine is hosed up enough to not make this super simple, but to put everyone's amazement in perspective: "How does his helmet stay on his head through all that, and not clip off into space?! Computer technology is amazing! Wow!"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I will wear a :lesnick: avatar that proclaims my love for crobets for a year from the date any lawsuit starts in tyool 2015 :toxx:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

wyoak posted:

Nah, Derek Smart makes this thing twice as entertaining.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Wafflz posted:

croberts trying to one up Elite on the day the premium beta was released and then failing spectacularly, since failing spectacularly is what SC does, was one of the greatest self owns in this whole saga.

Yeah, I remember that one. The SC forums were flooded with first shots/videos of the Elite Starmap and Jump/Warp animations, while most of the residents were royally pissed about AC. I think that the Elite thread that week gained about 2000 posts from merging other threads.

Another one I can remember was the first time the DFM was supposed to come out, Dec 2013. Frontier dropped this, almost out of the blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M44wH8NCc3g

If I remember correctly, DFM was pushed back a little after that.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

wyoak posted:

This is very untrue.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

DSmart goes through with his lawsuit.

wait, really? DSmart is actually going to go through with a legal threat?

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

Pretty much. I'll take Beer's word that CryEngine is hosed up enough to not make this super simple, but to put everyone's amazement in perspective: "How does his helmet stay on his head through all that, and not clip off into space?! Computer technology is amazing! Wow!"

Have you ever played a game where you're in or on a moving vehicle or whatever and the game either moved you in an unintuitive way or maybe just spazzed out? That's pretty much it, plsu physics engines like to get wonky at high speeds becase they aren't discrete and errors pile up.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
goddamn dont you guys pay any attention. :colbert: let me get a link real quick.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

goddamn dont you guys pay any attention. :colbert: let me get a link real quick.

too late :twisted:

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Remember.

Nobody at CIG is lying to you. Probably.

https://archive.is/bBXzt

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Unhappy Meal posted:

Isn't it just simple vector addition for position and some godawful quarter onion moon maths for the rotation, which is apparently easy for the computer to do?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pftc posted:

Remember.

lol what is this stupid gently caress even saying

please keep buying more ships

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

TL;DR of the last 99999 posts with a bunch of inaccuracy because I can't keep up with this nonsense - http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/09/star-citizen-the-long-con/

Basically they updated the ToS so that when the time expires if there's no game they have to either provide a game or financials of where everyone's money with. They also state that refunds are not possible so D Smart is setting up a class action lawsuit to demand refunds for people after Nov 2015.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ShredsYouSay posted:

Isn't it just simple vector addition for position and some godawful quarter onion moon maths for the rotation, which is apparently easy for the computer to do?

Considering how many games poo poo the bed when you jump on a moving elevator, I'm going to assume it's harder than it looks.

Probably.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pftc posted:

Remember.

Why on earth would you make this post? What did they think it would achieve? Although knowing SC it was probably followed by the same litany as Roberts escapist letter

"Thank you for saying this."
"Right on as usual"
"Couldnt have said it better myself"
"That should shut up the naysayers"

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Once Space Engineers rolls out their netcode update we'll see who can do it better.

Madcosby posted:

Why on earth would you make this post? What did they think it would achieve? Although knowing SC it was probably followed by the same litany as Roberts escapist letter

"Thank you for saying this."
"Right on as usual"
"Couldnt have said it better myself"
"That should shut up the naysayers"

Thanks Ben.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol what is this stupid gently caress even saying

please keep buying more ships

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ According to them it's not even a game.

https://archive.is/4BNeA

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
How's that No Man's Sky game going?

• Locked thread