Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I'm sending ecco into battle so don't vote ecco.

cool! this is what i was just talking about. we can get info on him without lynching a potential power roll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

In my defense, I was very drunk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if you do put me in battle, keane, front line is better than back.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

King Burgundy posted:

I don't have any strong scum feelings on anyone else currently. But I'm very comfortable voting out any of the lurkers as my second choice. There is always at least one scum there.

I generally have a few people I feel comfortable are town by now, but this game has been a bit weird and I'm not really seeing enough from anyone to lean that way yet.

KB I went through your posts, and—unless I really missed something, apologies if I did— you fail to make any kind of call or read about anyone except Ecco. You may be tunneling without realizing it.

So even if you don't have any strong feelings about scum or town, it would be great if you posted a few insights anyway so we have more material to work with. I would love to see your thoughts personally, especially since you seem to know metas and I don't.

How about on merk, GP, myself, Rarity, CPig, Bowmore, Asiina, and TheNabster? Or anyone else you like! :sparkles:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

if you do put me in battle, keane, front line is better than back.

The deed is done! Where you are you are.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well keane, I do hope you put me in. I'm a god on the field and you will need a general among the plebs. Don't answer, though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*has a boy strap armor to me*

*cracks neck, shoulders*

*puts on helmet*

*faces trojans*

molon labe.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

HiipFire posted:

tbh I like all the high volume posters for town(though Ecco is my least strong read of those) and I'd like to lynch Rarity cause she aint got no posts

##vote Rarity

im sorry its 5AM i can barely form coherent sentences

Now that it's no longer 5AM, do you have any more detailed posters? Which high volume posters do you specifically like for town?

Scum picks?

Do you feel different about Rarity now that she's posting thoughts?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Well keane, I do hope you put me in. I'm a god on the field and you will need a general among the plebs. Don't answer, though.

u should unvote me and vote instead for someone who is actually scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

voting for u owns

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nope.

##vote diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

wtf :geno:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I bet Ecco is nestor, just a feeling

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco is trying to roleplay a golden tongued old man with advice that is often harmful to those who follow it, I'm sure of it

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Merk: "I voted you because your attempt to spark content went nowhere and you made no attempt to make it go anywhere but nowhere"

Ecco: ""you asked for content and it didn't help!"

Asiina posted:

This isn't just rephrasing, this is actively changing what he meant. There is a difference between asking for content and it not helping, and asking for content with no purposeful followup.

Also after making up quotes about KB saying his scum game is "perfect" which is a thing he never said, it feels like Ecco is just trying to reframe things to fit what she wants rather than actually looking at people honestly.

One or the other on their own wouldn't be enough to vote on, but together it begins to paint a picture. It's a scum mindset.

It's more of a moot point now, but I have to say, I still don't see how this is actively changing what Merk meant. The difference between 'didn't help' and 'didn't go anywhere' is highly negligible. I mean, a secondary definition of 'something that goes nowhere' is 'something that doesn't help,' right? It's a paraphrase which does basically nothing to change to overall meaning which i can see.

Honestly then above seems like a bigger case of re-framing than what Ecco did with KB.

Hrm..so...yeah, I still find the logic behind the vote flawed and the casting of it still strikes me as a bit bandwagoney.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I bet Ecco is nestor, just a feeling

Well, they're in battle now so it's a moot point. Do you have reads on anyone else?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

The deed is done! Where you are you are.

Just FYI, I think busb was premature in asking for the battle assignments. It's something PDumb also pointed out in his stupid thread:

busb posted:

RULE: Deadlines & Battle Times
Hangings will be resolved and flipped at the same time for both threads, so there is no penalty for reaching a consensus early. Battle orders and battlefield location are due from the thread Kings 1 hour before the deadline time. Battle resolution will occur approx 24 hours after that. The attacking king chooses the battleground.

The bold part means you could probably argue for a change in the lineup.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Opop are you recovered from your travels across the mighty Agean Sea to give any insights? You're a sharp dude that knows metas, it would help. What did you think of the calls I copied and pasted for you last night?

Also FWIW Rarity's posts read Town to me so far. They feel organic and if I don't agree with every conclusion, none of them seem forced

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hiopfire

Can look deeper later. Who else are you sending to battle and is off the table?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey merk. hey. hey merk.

you should vote for diqnol.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

In my defense, I was very drunk.

If you've already submitted them you didn't have to. Maybe rethink and submit someone else while you are sober?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Keane I would take ecco out of battle. She is likely to be killed today. Just reading over her posts her tone seems insincere. For someone who was arguing just a few days ago that a good townie fights to never be lynched she seems to have "resigned" herself to her fate quite easily. That's not to say she's not fighting for herself, but it's what I read in her tone.

I will reread and see who else stands out to me but unless Keane can't change the battle order I would be fine voting ecco.

As an aside, I also excel at melee.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If I'm not in battle you are making a mistake, for real.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
fyi here are some Official Positions of ecco the raven:

FoxTerrier posted:

It's more of a moot point now, but I have to say, I still don't see how this is actively changing what Merk meant. The difference between 'didn't help' and 'didn't go anywhere' is highly negligible. I mean, a secondary definition of 'something that goes nowhere' is 'something that doesn't help,' right? It's a paraphrase which does basically nothing to change to overall meaning which i can see.

Honestly then above seems like a bigger case of re-framing than what Ecco did with KB.

Hrm..so...yeah, I still find the logic behind the vote flawed and the casting of it still strikes me as a bit bandwagoney.

agreed.

Rarity posted:

Is this where the whole suspicion train on Ecco started? Cause I don't see how your scumtell post was the same as Fox's at all. I mean, I didn't really read it as fake or anything but it didn't have the same level of self-awareness that Fox showed.

Rarity posted:

Can you explain how KB's plan of 'playing the same way as scum as when town' is any different to what everybody does? All KB's doing is saying 'yeah I try to play mafia'
agreed.

diqnol delenda est.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Well, they're in battle now so it's a moot point. Do you have reads on anyone else?

yeah

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

Just reading over her posts her tone seems insincere. For someone who was arguing just a few days ago that a good townie fights to never be lynched she seems to have "resigned" herself to her fate quite easily. That's not to say she's not fighting for herself, but it's what I read in her tone.
you read incorrectly sorry. I am super sincere this game.

okay I am going to go running and then start my labors.

diqnol delenda est.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

fyi here are some Official Positions of ecco the raven:

agreed.

agreed.

diqnol delenda est.

Why must I be destroyed you whimpering nerd butt!? Voting for u owns sorry it hurts to know :qq:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yoooooooooo!!! Trojaaaaaaaans!!!! Ninth is one of our spies yo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FoxTerrier posted:

KB I went through your posts, and—unless I really missed something, apologies if I did— you fail to make any kind of call or read about anyone except Ecco. You may be tunneling without realizing it.

So even if you don't have any strong feelings about scum or town, it would be great if you posted a few insights anyway so we have more material to work with. I would love to see your thoughts personally, especially since you seem to know metas and I don't.

How about on merk, GP, myself, Rarity, CPig, Bowmore, Asiina, and TheNabster? Or anyone else you like! :sparkles:

No that's accurate. OK dont hold me to these but here are two still unformed takes on people.

If I'm right on Ecco then Rarity would be town. No way would scum Rarity come into the thread and defend her scum buddy at the eleventh hour like this.

On Asiina, normally I'm able to slot her as town or scum by this point in the game. She started strong and seemingly like her town self but then petered out and became kind of disconnected which I associate with her as scum. I was waiting to see if that was just a weekend thing but was currently leaning very slightly scum on her.

The others I've got nothing useful on yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

hey merk. hey. hey merk.

you should vote for diqnol.

I thought about advocating a you/Diqnol lynch last night but thought that would kill the number of posts in the thread too much on day 1. With you off the table I may vote him. He's acting weird.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

O btw it's double plurality today so be careful where you put your votes cya later :F

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone said that the Pearl "slap fight" between Diqnol and me was bad. gently caress you. I was 100% right.

There's also been no drama or slap fighting between Diqnol and me in this game so I don't understand that comment.

Who said that? In hindsight it feels scummy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And no merk, you weren't right, I wasn't doing what you said for the reasons you thought, I was doing whatever because nothing mattered and I thought it would be funny. Sorry you couldn't discern that.

We aren't fighting at all this game tho because we're on the same page about Ecco tbh

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

Keane I would take ecco out of battle. She is likely to be killed today. Just reading over her posts her tone seems insincere. For someone who was arguing just a few days ago that a good townie fights to never be lynched she seems to have "resigned" herself to her fate quite easily. That's not to say she's not fighting for herself, but it's what I read in her tone.

I will reread and see who else stands out to me but unless Keane can't change the battle order I would be fine voting ecco.

As an aside, I also excel at melee.

I disagree about Ecco's sincerity. While I disagree with some of her arguments, they don't feel forced or anything. I also think her frustration at being voted so heavily so early is quite genuine. She's definitely being truthful about waiting patiently for the game to start and was going to start her own soldiers game if this one didn't get going.

I believe she has also publicly said elsewhere that she doesn't particularly enjoy being scum, so I'm not sure she'd fight this hard to try and stay in the game if she was scum, especially with it being a double plurality vote.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Ok cool! Glad you have reads!

Could you please explain to me how it benefits Town for you not to share them though? I haven't played mafia in a couple years and I admit I'm struggling to to think of a good reason not to share! :sparkles:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Ok cool! Glad you have reads!

Could you please explain to me how it benefits Town for you not to share them though? I haven't played mafia in a couple years and I admit I'm struggling to to think of a good reason not to share! :sparkles:

Keeping my thoughts close to my vest makes sense in this game. Think about it matey, arr!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And again, Keane, not wanting you to confirm or deny here but seriously, if you aren't putting me into battle then I'm gonna be cross with you :/

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, of those being voted, Ecco remains the best choice but it seems our king is a butt who doesn't know where to find a butt on a man and is therefore into armpit play or something idk, but because of this folly I have to point out that Hiip's vote on Rarity is hilarious and that more ppl should be voting for Asiina so, well, I guess I will ##vote Asiina okay?!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Troooooooooooooojaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm, Niiiiiiiiiiinth isssss aaaaaaaa spyyyyyyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Ecco is scum though because shes scum. It has nothing to do with merks case or kbs weirdness.

I just know ecco is scum.

Nah

CPig this is super lame and scummy.

You lurked, dropped a vote without explanation, and now still refuse to give any kind of logic for it. It looks bad duder.

I'll repeat my request to please explain why you feel Ecco was scummy, and would like to ask who your scum picks are now that we know Ecco is battling. Do you have any Town picks either?

• Locked thread