Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

okay I am going to go running

unbowed. unbent. unbroken.

(diqnol delenda est)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think a Hiipfire/Diqnol combo vote today is solid. I think we should all do that.

There are about 7 hours left in the day. We still have time to coordinate but we have to actually do so.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Explain your vote, Ecco. You wanted me to explain mine :sun:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I don't converse with scum. ~_~

I've explained my vote a lot you should read my posts.

diqnol delenda est

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, you just reacted to everything I said and acted like a lil weasel about me being right =_= but our darn king wants you to have fun despite me being right. That's why it'd be unfair for him to keep me from battle because it would be denying me MY fun while he saves yours despite the thread's best interests. It ain't right, I tell you what. If you guys hang me you're hamstringing yourselves. Don't listen to this clownfish. That said, we shouldn't hang Ecco anymore. A bad guy in battle can still take damage for us.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

but I will try and get my brain to do a thing when I'm finished working on this other thing

bowmore you need to show more or else you will blow more

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

##vote merk

he's been taking a back seat to actual scumhunting today, his "case" against me is not good because its points aren't reflected in reality, and I think he's just playing up his bother by my language to avoid addressing the flaws in his case.

I think he's acting like a parody of himself this game. Since he's genuinely disengaged with the game he's doing what he thinks he'd do as town in this situation, but it rings totally empty.

I agree with this, Ecco's points vibe with the impression I've been getting.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I've been trying to goof around this game while simultaneously putting my vote in the best place but it seems ya'll are less fun than you were advertised as AND you are less able to produce meaningful content than I might have hoped. Gonna have to maybe do a thing which sucks and I hate all of you for making me do.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane how can you protect Ecco when Ecco is advocating hanging either merk or I today?? You don't really think Ecco is town with those two targets as her d1 choices with, of course, those two people having also voted for her, do you?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't sit here and convince ya'll of Ecco's baditude. I just don't have the stomach for it anymore. What I can say is this: ya'll need to help me out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HiipFire posted:

tbh I like all the high volume posters for town(though Ecco is my least strong read of those) and I'd like to lynch Rarity cause she aint got no posts

##vote Rarity

im sorry its 5AM i can barely form coherent sentences

Rude.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

FoxTerrier posted:

CPig this is super lame and scummy.

You lurked, dropped a vote without explanation, and now still refuse to give any kind of logic for it. It looks bad duder.

I'll repeat my request to please explain why you feel Ecco was scummy, and would like to ask who your scum picks are now that we know Ecco is battling. Do you have any Town picks either?

Lol i just said. I just know ecco scum and this is it.

Town picks = capitalistpig

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Lol i just said. I just know ecco scum and this is it.

Town picks = capitalistpig

What do you make of me, Pig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What do you make of me, Pig?

Tentative good guy.

I dont trust anyone who has pizza coming out of their crotch tho.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

CapitalistPig posted:

Tentative good guy.

I dont trust anyone who has pizza coming out of their crotch tho.

Why tentative good guy?

What do you think of Asiina?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I don't have any strong scum feelings on anyone else currently. But I'm very comfortable voting out any of the lurkers as my second choice. There is always at least one scum there.

I generally have a few people I feel comfortable are town by now, but this game has been a bit weird and I'm not really seeing enough from anyone to lean that way yet.

I think KB is using his case on Ecco to avoid having to put down reads on any other players. He hasn't made a single alignment call on anyone in this game except Ecco and it's simple for scum to push a lurker lynch to get rid of a towny without having to take any blame for it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Why tentative good guy?

What do you think of Asiina?

Probably because I agree with him but I'd hope it is because despite all of my craziness, I have been perfectly honest and that shines through.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Keane how can you protect Ecco when Ecco is advocating hanging either merk or I today?? You don't really think Ecco is town with those two targets as her d1 choices with, of course, those two people having also voted for her, do you?

Yeah, I think you're right.

Lemme see if I can change up my orders.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I do have to say it is concerning that Ecco has gotten so many votes so quickly. Not to mention she almost has more posts than the next three people combined.

It takes a lot of energy and effort to post that much when you are scum, so even though I'm still somewhat suspicious of Ecco, I think it'd probably be a mistake to hang her today.

I find this whole Ecco bandwagon opportunistic and I'm certain there's at least one scum in there somewhere.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alright I can change it up, who's good to go I'm asking again because I am very lazy.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
wait wasnt the deadline yesterday?????

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm your best front liner

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

I mean, I see the similarities - you both said you were trying to imitate your town games as scum but you couldn't think of anything in specific. But that's a very surface-level similarity, because to me the tone of both your posts was really different. In FT's I could see her thought process, I could see her engaging with the question, thinking through it, and presenting that clearly. I didn't get that from your post at all.

My opinion though is universally panned, which means, while I still feel like I'm right, it's certainly not something worth pushing anymore.

Don't stop believing Ecco, I saw it too :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

I mean, I see the similarities - you both said you were trying to imitate your town games as scum but you couldn't think of anything in specific. But that's a very surface-level similarity, because to me the tone of both your posts was really different. In FT's I could see her thought process, I could see her engaging with the question, thinking through it, and presenting that clearly. I didn't get that from your post at all.

My opinion though is universally panned, which means, while I still feel like I'm right, it's certainly not something worth pushing anymore.

Doesnt the cool collected response in that situation ring more bells than Burg's? It did for me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Verr posted:

i'm okay with any of the frequent posters out. i'd also be down for a silent lynch. whatever it is, let's be sure to use the battle system to help determine truth/fiction in concert with that vote.

Ok, this is way less good from Verr. He's essentially saying that he'll lynch anyone and doesn't really care who.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I saw that earlier too rar. I can't help but think its a red herring tho

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Alright I can change it up, who's good to go I'm asking again because I am very lazy.

I can go, but again, it can only be in defense of Greek positions. I can not attack Trojan holdings yet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

Little Mac checked in, didn't read the thread, and didn't post anything other than "what's the case on ecco" and minor, minor followups.

If we are going to do a lurker lynch then I think Mac is the best option on the table. He acted like he was engaging with the game but disappeared as soon as he was needed to make an original thought.

EccoRaven posted:

Rarity posted once.

Rude.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Ok, this is way less good from Verr. He's essentially saying that he'll lynch anyone and doesn't really care who.

I'm still pretty happy with my Verr vote. He hasn't once tried to make a read based on the opinions people have posted and instead he's just focused on who doesn't want to go into combat.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ignoring me won't go well for you, Rar. I see through your poo poo when you try that so it's smarter to engage and distract me hth

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I can go, but again, it can only be in defense of Greek positions. I can not attack Trojan holdings yet.

Okay, well actually, this guy is probably your best front liner down the line but right now he's raging at u mane whereas I'm just kinda good all the time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Beetphyxious posted:

i'd rather see how rarity engages (now he's appeared) .

I'm a ladypony thank you very much

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I need a ranged fighter.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Rarity posted:

i'm putting my vote behind reading the battle volunteer list. my vote is still on Asiina. asiina meets the qualification for both lurker and the avoiding a fight.

all of the high volume posters could be scum, i'm not familiar enough with their personalities to say. so that quote is me shrugging and focusing on the combat for d1.

TMMadman posted:

I'm still pretty happy with my Verr vote. He hasn't once tried to make a read based on the opinions people have posted and instead he's just focused on who doesn't want to go into combat.

this exactly. we'll know more after this fight and hopefully can vote with even more accuracy based on the battle report.

CCKeane, I can ranged buff, but won't put out high numbers by myself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
keane I need you to do me a solid and put me in the battle today. it's the only thing that kept me alive and I deserve to be alive because the cases against me are bad.

you don't really think I'm scum today so this point is moot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

This is why I generally don't worry about Rarity being a lurker. Sure sometimes she gets busy, but she always does a lot of flurry posting.

It's a difficult balancing mafia with a real social life :sigh:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

keane I need you to do me a solid and put me in the battle today. it's the only thing that kept me alive and I deserve to be alive because the cases against me are bad.

you don't really think I'm scum today so this point is moot.

Don't put words in my mouth, matey!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I could chew you up and spit you out!!! I just don't want to read the thread anymore @_@

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Right, it's why I commented on the post. It is so wrong that it's concerning.

Ok yeah, I went back to check the context on that post and I get what you mean. Why do you think diqnol said you didn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I need a ranged fighter.

Reminder. I can go in either line and I'm pretty good at combat.

Okay, well actually, this guy is probably your best front liner down the line but right now he's raging at u mane whereas I'm just kinda good all the time

I doubt I'm the best but I'm pretty good and very versatile with the exception that I must be defensive for now.

• Locked thread