Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wish they would let us download shows to the App over Wifi like what Amazon Prime Video now does. I'd love to queue up some shows on my phone to watch on my commute to work, instead of having to do :filez: or eat up my data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As an alternative, I've watched PPVs in movie theaters before. It's pretty cool. You get the live crowd experience on a smaller scale and it's about the cost of a regular movie ticket to see it on a huge screen in HD for 3 hours.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've done that with UFC shows, it's pretty neat to see 20 foot tall versions of people fighting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

Are traditional PPVs completely gone now, or is it just a marketing thing when they say that Hell In A Cell is "only on the WWE Network?"

PPVs are still available on most PPV carriers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i just turned on wrestlemania XXIV for the flair/hbk match, and laughed out loud at the first thing on the card being jbl kicking the horse poo poo out of hornswoggle

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I wish they would let us download shows to the App over Wifi like what Amazon Prime Video now does. I'd love to queue up some shows on my phone to watch on my commute to work, instead of having to do :filez: or eat up my data.

I wish all streaming services would do that, even if it was just a small buffer it let you fill up for DRM reasons.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Minidust posted:

Are traditional PPVs completely gone now, or is it just a marketing thing when they say that Hell In A Cell is "only on the WWE Network?"

nah, they still do them. i was watching football last night and i saw an ad for hell in a cell on ppv. at the very least comcast still has them.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

a retard posted:

nah, they still do them. i was watching football last night and i saw an ad for hell in a cell on ppv. at the very least comcast still has them.

Apparently sports bars can't show them anymore though. I called a few places around here before Wrestlemania, and none of them were able to get a commercial license from their providers.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's probably too much of a hassle to set up a Network stream on bar TVs

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Astro7x posted:

There are programs that let you download from the network. I did that when I had a bachelor party during Summerslam so I could watch on the plane. Definitely not legal but I didn't get banned or anything and I've downloaded like 10-15 ppvs.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

As an alternative, I've watched PPVs in movie theaters before. It's pretty cool. You get the live crowd experience on a smaller scale and it's about the cost of a regular movie ticket to see it on a huge screen in HD for 3 hours.

I really want to do this sometime, but it also freaks me out. I feel like it'd be terrifying to be in a movie theater full of wrestling fans.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

NickRoweFillea posted:

i just turned on wrestlemania XXIV for the flair/hbk match, and laughed out loud at the first thing on the card being jbl kicking the horse poo poo out of hornswoggle

Wrestlemania 24 is one of the best Wrestlemanias ever for a lot of reasons and JBL dunking a trash can off Hornswoggle's head is just one of them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Do they ever say what will be new coming up in ways other than following the Network's twitter or the occasional .com previews? I'm curious about more, specifically all, of NXT being added. My only guess for why it's not all there now is Hulu (Plus) has exclusive rights to some of the catalog.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 17, 2015

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I kinda feel like they just don't think there's enough demand for that stuff.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

You may not be right but you're certainly not wrong :cry:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alain Post posted:

I kinda feel like they just don't think there's enough demand for that stuff.

This, plus they may not want to hurt the NXT brand by showing them consistently missing the boat on Daniel Bryan, or the rank absurdity of the later seasons of NXT's reality show/weird alternate universe third brand. I mean I want that stuff, but we're probably in the minority in terms of people even remembering it exists.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

soapgish posted:

You mean to tell me WWE fans don't want to see so much of the roster cutting their teeth, putting on great shows?

I want circa-2002 SmackDown! too :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in all honesty I think you have the bulk of "quality NXT" up there already. not that NXT was bad before, but it was much, much more oriented toward being a development fed. which is fine, but that's not really the appeal of watching NXT now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The NXT Reality Show was the drizzling shits and I don't blame WWE for pretending that era never happened

werty420
Mar 20, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I want circa-2002 SmackDown! too :smith:

You're in luck. They have been uploading TV shows from 2002-2003 that feature Brock over the last week. I'm looking forward to the Halloween episode going up. I remember it being pretty good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

werty420 posted:

You're in luck. They have been uploading TV shows from 2002-2003 that feature Brock over the last week. I'm looking forward to the Halloween episode going up. I remember it being pretty good.

Oh sick. They only had a handful of 2002-2003 stuff up the last time I checked.

Hilarious to see Brock/Paulie getting big heel heat now lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Benne posted:

The NXT Reality Show was the drizzling shits and I don't blame WWE for pretending that era never happened

It had its moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21QdVK_Zps

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wrong thread, yay for new Smackdown!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nxt seasons 1, 2 and 3 were very hilarious exhibitions where wwe's goal was to take the hottest garbage from FCW and bury it repeatedly and without cause on air every single week

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This video really makes me miss Maryse.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda liked NXT: Redemption once they dropped the competitions and the rookie/pro dynamic and just made it a wrestling show instead.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Can you sign up for the WWE Network with a different email address but the same payment card and get another free trial?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

quote:

"The Miz, R-Truth and Curtis Axel share insightful stories in and out the ring, and discuss what it takes to make it as a WWE Superstar."

Directly after at 4:30 is a new UNFILTERED.

quote:

"Renee sits down with NXT Superstar Finn Balor as they discuss growing up in Ireland, his favorite movies and his surprising love for Legos."

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Goddamnit WWE, the plural of Lego is Lego. I'm canceling my subscription.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

Goddamnit WWE, the plural of Lego is Lego. I'm canceling my subscription.

To be honest, the way it was written is actually "legos" making it incorrectly plural and ostensibly off-brand.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda liked NXT: Redemption once they dropped the competitions and the rookie/pro dynamic and just made it a wrestling show instead.

There was a brief period where NXT Redemption was the only full show I watched on a weekly basis.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

MisterGBH posted:

Can you sign up for the WWE Network with a different email address but the same payment card and get another free trial?

Yes. I have a bunch of times

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Muddy Burphy posted:

There was a brief period where NXT Redemption was the only full show I watched on a weekly basis.

I enjoyed the Hawkins/Reks team a surprising amount.

I still have a soft spot for Fandango because Johnny Curtis was amazing on that show.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cant wait to see the miz, r truth, and curtis axel

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mulaney Power Move posted:

cant wait to see the miz, r truth, and curtis axel

is this sarcasm

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

soapgish posted:

To be honest, the way it was written is actually "legos" making it incorrectly plural and ostensibly off-brand.

"LEGO Brand Building Blocks" is the correct form according to official LEGO literature.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MotU posted:

is this sarcasm

no, curtis axel is my favorite wrestler

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mulaney Power Move posted:

no, curtis axel is my favorite wrestler

okay whew thought we were gonna have a going-ons in a bad way here for a sec, my bad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Curtis Axel is a good and strong man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Curtis Axel is a funny guy who was booked to be the world's most boring wrestler for a long time

OTOH you could say that about most of the midcard