Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

well get ready to be disappointed!

I am already disappointed :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

I find this whole Ecco bandwagon opportunistic and I'm certain there's at least one scum in there somewhere.

Hello, scummy post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

If you want to live, tell us who to lynch and why we should lynch that person.

EccoRaven posted:

and that's ultimately my problem Diqnol. You're basing your vote around things that are untrue ("ecco would never do this") and things that are totally and completely hypothetical ("ecco would never do that"). and you seem really, really confident about that all, which feels less like you're genuinely thinking you found scum and more like bravado to make your suspicion sound stronger than it is.

EccoRaven posted:

Diqnol I am sensing a lot of "damned if you do/damned if you don't" from you. the impression seems to be that it doesn't matter if I'm actually scum or not, just that I need to be punished for making a cipher. I need to die because the scum would kill me anyway (but I'm actually scum anyway so the scum wouldn't kill me).

A lot of language there too about me potentially being "a townie hurting the town," which also reads less like you actually think I'm scum and more like you want an out for when I flip town. "It was ecco's fault," you'd say, "the cipher post made them a liability."

EccoRaven posted:

I mean lol:

right here is the money quote. You don't actually think I'm scum. You're voting me for essentially policy reasons, policy reasons which make no sense (one could call them, nonsense). Heck, when I asked you point blank if you thought I was scum you equivocated.

You're setting yourself up so if I die today you get to say it was my fault.

EccoRaven posted:

##vote merk

he's been taking a back seat to actual scumhunting today, his "case" against me is not good because its points aren't reflected in reality, and I think he's just playing up his bother by my language to avoid addressing the flaws in his case.

I think he's acting like a parody of himself this game. Since he's genuinely disengaged with the game he's doing what he thinks he'd do as town in this situation, but it rings totally empty.

EccoRaven posted:

eviscerated is a pretty strong word merk.

I misphrased one of your posts. It wasn't the thrust of my response to you, nor was it even the lynchpin. You have relied on tangential reasons to avoid actually addressing my case against you (or the holes in your own case). That's scummy as heck.

EccoRaven posted:

nah.

your case, divided into phases:

- I asked content questions and deliberately made it not go anywhere. I have responded to this one a lot and you ignored them because among many other words I used "silly" and "nonsense" to describe your points. The only time you did talk about the points it was obliquely, saying it was "not persuasive."

- I misphrased your case against me, and I did the same thing misphrasing KB's post. I don't agree about KB, but I concede it was inaccurate regarding your case. But I really don't think it's a slam dunk point, because the misphrasing was not essential to my response to you, it was not even a big part in my response to you. It wasn't even a grossly inaccurate misphrasing. It is worth a "ecco that's not what I mean," and me going "yeah ok I know, sorry."

- I called people's votes against me silly and dumb and bad. I've said this, too, isn't very fair because not only is it totally okay to call bad thing bad (not people! just a post or case or sentence!), but it ignores that I have a lot of time and effort behind those words explaining them.

I don't see where you're coming from, merk. I really don't.

EccoRaven posted:

I think of those, I would prefer voting for someone who is actually around but still not being helpful (i.e. not Rarity or Mithross). I especially am feeling right now:
- Hiipfire is the "safest" (he's never going to post anything of substance later, he's always going to be an unanswered question short of wasting night actions on him);
- Opop is an okay choice, he's said nothing of substance and doesn't seem interested in starting anytime soon. Yeah he's been on vacation but he needs to get it together; and
- Little Mac. He popped in and sure shootin' looked like he was about to roll up his sleeves and get into the game but it petered out just as quickly. I think he just did a check-in post so he can later avoid being accused of totally disappearing.

EccoRaven posted:

and since I like you, my points against you:

you're voting me because of policy reasons, but you can't just say that because you know how unpersuasive that'd be. So you made up a host of contradictory, unreasonable language that's ultimately empty buzzwords.

I think this post summarizes your reasons for voting for me best:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747218&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post451610957

"I would rather the scum nightkill someone I don't already suspect than someone who will inevitably be nightkilled."

It's inconsistent as poop. You just want me to die because of my cipher. I suspected it before and I think it now pretty confidently that it's because you think I have a powerful role, and you'd rather have the town vote me out than waste a nightkill on me.

get bent.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah you omgus'd two people, how helpful in your argument with tHOSE SAME TWO PEOPLE YOU NINNY get bent

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

You are way better than this stuff. If you want to live, tell us who to lynch and why we should lynch that person. This post does nothing, just like over half of your other posts.

This post is loving garbage merk. You know ecco has said who she wants to hang several times now and included reasons why she thinks that way.

This post does nothing at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This post is loving garbage merk. You know ecco has said who she wants to hang several times now and included reasons why she thinks that way.

What I'm saying is that just because you don't agree with her cases, don't make it out like Ecco hasn't been making cases against people.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

You aren't persuasively arguing that we lynch anyone. You're whining about being the vote leader.

You quoted a bunch of stuff that isn't persuasive at all. You aren't even voting me right now nor was I in your top 2 list from like two hours ago.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

You aren't persuasively arguing that we lynch anyone. You're whining about being the vote leader.

You quoted a bunch of stuff that isn't persuasive at all. You aren't even voting me right now nor was I in your top 2 list from like two hours ago.

nah that is not at all reflected in reality.

I'm voting Diqnol who is also in my top 2 list.

bent: get.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

It does plenty. I want Ecco to make a succinct case that isn't littered with fake emotional pleas and whining to see if my opinion about Ecco's alignment changes. Thanks for the callout though. It's not effective for that purpose now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I guess I'm done reading for the day. This is my vote. Later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

It does plenty. I want Ecco to make a succinct case that isn't littered with fake emotional pleas and whining to see if my opinion about Ecco's alignment changes. Thanks for the callout though. It's not effective for that purpose now.

EccoRaven posted:

and that's ultimately my problem Diqnol. You're basing your vote around things that are untrue ("ecco would never do this") and things that are totally and completely hypothetical ("ecco would never do that"). and you seem really, really confident about that all, which feels less like you're genuinely thinking you found scum and more like bravado to make your suspicion sound stronger than it is.

EccoRaven posted:

Diqnol I am sensing a lot of "damned if you do/damned if you don't" from you. the impression seems to be that it doesn't matter if I'm actually scum or not, just that I need to be punished for making a cipher. I need to die because the scum would kill me anyway (but I'm actually scum anyway so the scum wouldn't kill me).

A lot of language there too about me potentially being "a townie hurting the town," which also reads less like you actually think I'm scum and more like you want an out for when I flip town. "It was ecco's fault," you'd say, "the cipher post made them a liability."

:dance:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, last time I caught Ecco as scum this is exactly what he did: Feign a bit of concern of my alignment without actively pushing it that boiled up over the course of hours into a mega case. I'm pretty sure he also mixed in emotional pleas and whining about how anyone could have the audacity to vote him.

Ecco is scum here.

I ended up getting saved by a CPig day cop. CPig, what was this game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sorry your post suck ecco, you should work on that

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Also, last time I caught Ecco as scum this is exactly what he did: Feign a bit of concern of my alignment without actively pushing it that boiled up over the course of hours into a mega case. I'm pretty sure he also mixed in emotional pleas and whining about how anyone could have the audacity to vote him.
nah. I am always flabbergasted when people vote for me it's not a scumtell at all.

It was Tournament of Heroes btw.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Sorry your post suck ecco, you should work on that

nah.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
merk your points against me are demonstrably wrong. See here where I pick apart your actual case:

EccoRaven posted:

nah.

your case, divided into phases:

- I asked content questions and deliberately made it not go anywhere. I have responded to this one a lot and you ignored them because among many other words I used "silly" and "nonsense" to describe your points. The only time you did talk about the points it was obliquely, saying it was "not persuasive."

- I misphrased your case against me, and I did the same thing misphrasing KB's post. I don't agree about KB, but I concede it was inaccurate regarding your case. But I really don't think it's a slam dunk point, because the misphrasing was not essential to my response to you, it was not even a big part in my response to you. It wasn't even a grossly inaccurate misphrasing. It is worth a "ecco that's not what I mean," and me going "yeah ok I know, sorry."

- I called people's votes against me silly and dumb and bad. I've said this, too, isn't very fair because not only is it totally okay to call bad thing bad (not people! just a post or case or sentence!), but it ignores that I have a lot of time and effort behind those words explaining them.

I don't see where you're coming from, merk. I really don't.

bulletpoints without any appeals to emotion or whinings about being voted for or complaints that I am the vote leader.

You are accusing me of whining and making emotional pleas as if I have done this excessively or at the exclusion of scumhunting, and that is demonstrably not correct.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shouting into the wind and slamming your feet repeatedly on the ground isn't going to prevent people who legitimately believe you are scum to in any way relent, Ecco. If you want us to give a crap about your dumb posts you have to make some good posts too, okay?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, Ecco is definitely scum. Just glanced at Tournaments. I'm locked in (again).

Ok, back to work for real this time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
AND to tie it all back:

I think it is because you are (genuinely) not engaged with the game right now, and you saw an opportunity to remove a powerful town player early on and went for it. You are imitating how you normally play as town because you haven't had the time to get your hands dirty and get involved with the game until now. But it doesn't work because ultimately what you say just isn't true.

It's scummy because it's fake and opportunistic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shouting into the wind and slamming your feet repeatedly on the ground isn't going to prevent people who legitimately believe you are scum to in any way relent, Ecco. If you want us to give a crap about your dumb posts you have to make some good posts too, okay?

Your tone is really concerning too by the way.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hoo boy, let me fix that mess of a sentence:

Shouting into the wind and slamming your feet repeatedly on the ground isn't going to prevent people who legitimately believe you are scum from continuing to vote for you, Ecco, or to believe you have anything to offer. If you want us to give a crap about your dumb posts you have to make some good posts too, okay?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I think KB is using his case on Ecco to avoid having to put down reads on any other players. He hasn't made a single alignment call on anyone in this game except Ecco and it's simple for scum to push a lurker lynch to get rid of a towny without having to take any blame for it.

Nope, I just didn't have any other strong opinions. It's really hard to form opinions on people who aren't posting, for example.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Your tone is really concerning too by the way.

How so, merk? Break it down for me: I think tone is a dumb buzz word.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I think it is because you are (genuinely) not engaged with the game right now

Correct. Everything you wrote after this doesn't make any sense.

Also, just because I'm not engaged doesn't make my case wrong. It is a great d1 case. It's the best d1 case in this thread so far. It's going to get you lynched.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

How so, merk? Break it down for me: I think tone is a dumb buzz word.

Your timbre is off putting.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Yeah, I think that's a lovely dodge. Give me more than that, bud!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I don't see how Ecco's game reflects the way I've treated you when I've been scum. What you're talking about is willful ignorance and misrepresentation of your posts but I think Ecco's take on it was genuine because as I've already stated, that was my take on it as well so you can't just argue that 'oh it must be ignorance cause nobody agrees with her'

My read of Ecco's take of me was exactly that. Willful ignorance and misrepresentation of my posts. I argued that based on reality vs her interpretation. I only used others opinions to further reinforce that I wasn't being a crazy person and other people were seeing the same thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Jokes aside, your posts don't sound real. You're playing up a Diqnol character which I can't tell whether it's for laughs or otherwise. It's not very funny though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Nope, I just didn't have any other strong opinions. It's really hard to form opinions on people who aren't posting, for example.

hey KB as far as we know right now Keane has still selected me to be in the battle today. If Keane comes in and says he removed me, well obviously your vote should stay that's just sensible, but if Keane says I am indeed in the battle, would you unvote me? If you did, who would you vote instead?

Might I suggest Diqnol or merk?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Jokes aside, your posts don't sound real. You're playing up a Diqnol character which I can't tell whether it's for laughs or otherwise. It's not very funny though.

I'm afraid I'm not doing anything but being me. You saw me posting under the influence of the devil weed yesterday, though, so could that be it? At any rate I'm just being straightforward, haters vacate.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Correct. Everything you wrote after this doesn't make any sense.

Also, just because I'm not engaged doesn't make my case wrong. It is a great d1 case. It's the best d1 case in this thread so far. It's going to get you lynched.

It does make sense. If you aren't around to put in the effort, you go on autopilot, and just do what you think you'd do as town. See: my posting in Met's game, where I went to the bat to defend S31 because I thought it was what I'd do if I were town.

It's a bad day 1 case. And, again, it's not going to get me executed. I'm dying today because of multiple, disparate, very loosely connected cases. Only Asiina has voted with your case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey, so you guys would be real dumb to kill me alongside Ecco but I think it's okay so long as we both die. That said, I'm a real useful fighter and I'm probably better at mafia than you, dear reader, so please consider not voting for me so I can help us win, thank

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

It's a bad day 1 case. And, again, it's not going to get me executed. I'm dying today because of multiple, disparate, very loosely connected cases. Only Asiina has voted with your case.

I think it's really great that you feel the need to respond to this now two times that I've brought it up. You need to make yourself believe that I didn't catch your scum game and persuasively advocate your lynch on day 1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk, hate to be a jerk but, um, who did you persuade exactly?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

HiipFire posted:

tbh I like all the high volume posters for town(though Ecco is my least strong read of those) and I'd like to lynch Rarity cause she aint got no posts

##vote Rarity

im sorry its 5AM i can barely form coherent sentences

This is probably the right second lynch.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

This is probably the right second lynch.

...for completely unrelated reasons, right?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk, hate to be a jerk but, um, who did you persuade exactly?

Every vote on Ecco by a town player has at least a base of my case ingrained in their read. It's an irrelevant question though. The fact that Ecco feels the need to respond immediately every time I bring up that I'm getting him lynched is the telling point here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

...for completely unrelated reasons, right?

Oh, I stopped typing. That's the only content post he's made all game, and it came after I said we should lynch him for having no reads.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, really need to work. Later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
no, I brought it up because it's hollow and empty much like the rest of your posts against me.

it's just something you think you'd say.

ninja: like, if this were an anonymous game, I'd say "oh hey it's someone roleplaying merk" if I read your posts. that's how forced and fake they sound to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Since it's a double plurality, I think we should dunk one lurker and then probably someone from the ecco/diqnol/merk/KB scuffle. I'm not really sure which one though because all them have been kind of scummy, so I'd rather put my vote somewhere else.

TMM's got it, let's figure out who CCKeane sent into the fight and try to synchronize our vote along with who he sent into the battle. if ecco's fighting, let's hit another of our high volume guy.

as for the lurker dunk, i'm still voting asiina. do you guys think that's a safe-lurker vote? the mid-level posters have merit as well.

cckeane, please let us know as soon as the final votes are locked who's fighting.

• Locked thread