Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i dont believe any of the cops are telling the truth or this legion being the badguy stuff would have come out yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

My flavor is pretty ambiguous as to whether the Legion was a specific faction or an individual, which is why I decided not to push the flavor angle from the get-go.

Having seen someone other than Ninth flip as Legion-aligned helped clarify.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
MEDS, so what was the exact result you got on Kash?

The problem I'm having here is that MEDS claims he got a Legion result on TNL, but TNL is the only night kill AND it's been janitored. And we also had only 1 kill on N1 that was also janitored. So the way I see it, we either have an SK that can self-janitor and scum kills on both nights got doctored/protected or MEDS is lying about TNL being Legion aligned. I guess another possibility is two small two person scum teams with one Legion and one something else, but I don't know WoW lore or anything.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The exact result was "Not Legion".

Although given all of Ninth's posturing about how powerful of a role he got, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wasn't actually dead, but I think it'd be stupid to go down that rabbit hole.

Basically, given the amount of information I had at my disposal, I feel like I've made the appropriate choices to avoid bogging the town down in stupid flavor slapfights. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

i dont believe any of the cops are telling the truth or this legion being the badguy stuff would have come out yesterday

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

The exact result was "Not Legion".

Although given all of Ninth's posturing about how powerful of a role he got, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wasn't actually dead, but I think it'd be stupid to go down that rabbit hole.

Basically, given the amount of information I had at my disposal, I feel like I've made the appropriate choices to avoid bogging the town down in stupid flavor slapfights. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

That bit about the TNL not being actually dead is some weird speculation. Why would you even bring that up?

On the one hand, I can sort of understand the decision to not outright claim TNL was Legion to prevent distraction, but on the other hand it would have certainly brought some clarity to town BEFORE the deadline/night phase especially because we already knew that there was Horde/Alliance aligned people in the game. At the very least, I personally would have dropped some sort of Legion reference in a post and I'm not seeing anything like that from you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

Why do you think PMush isn't telling the truth? She was claimed to have been roleblocked, so she didn't get any result from N1 and now she claims to get an EVIL result from MEDS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, we have some confirmation that the RB exists because Quid claimed to have been blocked last night.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

uranus posted:

So, you think we're both lying? Then vote me. Or vote MCS.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Seriously quidnose?

you automatically assume that SA is bussing?

Gee it couldn't at all be that he was scum and knew I was town.

I am a goblin hero, vanilla town.

As far as who the scum is.

I believe Meds.

##vote pmush

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why MEDS over PMush, CPig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Why MEDS over PMush, CPig?

Meds feels more legit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Meds feels more legit.

But if Meds is telling the truth about TNL being Legion aligned and assuming Legion is scum, why would TNL get night killed AND janitored?

I think an SK that could also janitor more than once would be overpowered. And I can't see more than 4 bad guys total. So something strange is going on here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

But if Meds is telling the truth about TNL being Legion aligned and assuming Legion is scum, why would TNL get night killed AND janitored?

I think an SK that could also janitor more than once would be overpowered. And I can't see more than 4 bad guys total. So something strange is going on here.

That certainly is a conundrum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

So we have Betrayer saying he gets LEGION / NOT-LEGION results and PMush saying she gets EVIL / NOT-EVIL.

Can you guys both go into details as to what your role PM says you're searching for? If one of you is a serial-killer cop and your role PM says it, now is the time to tell us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, followup to Betrayer: Why did you investigate TNL on N1?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blood elf demon hunter, Horde-aligned.

Loosely paraphrasing, my powers let me identify members of the Legion.

This is why I wasn't sure if I was finding scum or third-party. On the other hand, rushing in and going "YO GUYS THE REAL ENEMY IS THE BURNING LEGION" would have sparked a bunch of flavor bullshit and called in attention on me during the night.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Also, followup to Betrayer: Why did you investigate TNL on N1?

I investigated Tommunist because I had never seen him before and his posts jumped out at me as way way way too safe.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote pmush

I like the flavor claim

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote

I need PMush to weigh in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Kash for now.

I'm getting some really heavy scum vibes from the way he keeps moving his vote around right now. He doesn't seem like he's trying to figure anything out and he's just going with whatever is convenient.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see it is also your ninja way

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

##vote Kash for now.

I'm getting some really heavy scum vibes from the way he keeps moving his vote around right now. He doesn't seem like he's trying to figure anything out and he's just going with whatever is convenient.

Or maybe you've just been tunneling on me all game and can't seem to shake it lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Not to mention that if he believes me, then he's voting for confirmed not-Legion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not only that, pmush invoked thunderdome so tbh it's bad gameplay to not respect it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
anyone think imgay is literally claiming his role? It wouldn't surprise me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Not to mention that if he believes me, then he's voting for confirmed not-Legion.

I'm not sure if I believe you but either way non-Legion doesn't automatically mean town. We could be facing 2 two man scum teams, one Legion and one something else.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure if I believe you but either way non-Legion doesn't automatically mean town. We could be facing 2 two man scum teams, one Legion and one something else.

you are really desperate for this scum idea of me to stick:wow:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

##vote TMM

This is an example of realizing you screwed up with faking content and spinning it to fit the narrative you are trying to create.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't claimed my role yet

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its super secret and you can't know about it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Mine says that I have an innate sense for murderous intent, and I hunt evil in all its forms.

So if there IS more than one scum faction, maybe that could be it? Or maybe MCS is a town friendly 3P.

Whatever it is, though, I feel like Meds isn't telling us everything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

##vote TMM

This is an example of realizing you screwed up with faking content and spinning it to fit the narrative you are trying to create.

No it isn't. We have one Legion guy modkilled in the night and we have Meds claiming the guy who was killed in the night was Legion aligned. So either there is a powerful SK who can janitor his own kills multiple times, or we are facing two small scum teams with different alignments. It's the only way it fits together.

If you can think of a different way then go ahead and give it to me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Multiple scum teams are used so infrequently it's a bizarre corner case for you to bring up instead of one of the two cops is lying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Multiple scum teams are used so infrequently it's a bizarre corner case for you to bring up instead of one of the two cops is lying.

Then why was TNL killed AND janitored?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Basically what you're saying is that you believe PMush is scum and together they decided to NK one of their own members and janitor him. For what reason? Why not just let him get hung today? Why not kill one of the claimed cops?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kashuno posted:

##vote pmush

I like the flavor claim

Is any of this influenced by your opinion yesterday that we should lynch PMush to help her out?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm going to claim for the sake of information and only because I can do poo poo every other night, and thus being roleblocked last night my role is basically useless at this point.

I am a Priest, and my role is UNCONFIRMED MASON RECRUITER. Once every even night I can recruit people to an unconfirmed masonry.

The caveat is that I am searching for CULT MEMBERS, and if I try to recruit anyone from the cult, they die instead of becoming part of my unconfirmed masonry.

I don't know if legion is this cult, but my role PM suggests that perhaps there was only one cultist to begin with and people are being recruited as we go along.

So I'm not sure what to make of these cop claims. I am basically a brutal cult cop, currently, but my role PM does not mention legion AT ALL, which makes me a little weirded out by Betrayer's very specific Legion searching PM.

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What are the cultists who exist in WoW, I can't remember. Are they Burning Legion?

• Locked thread