Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Every vote on Ecco by a town player has at least a base of my case ingrained in their read. It's an irrelevant question though. The fact that Ecco feels the need to respond immediately every time I bring up that I'm getting him lynched is the telling point here.

Idk man, check out my vote for her, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything you've said and I am, in fact, town. You say you look at games after they complete and look for errors? Here'd be one if you're town. Consider it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Verr posted:

TMM's got it, let's figure out who CCKeane sent into the fight and try to synchronize our vote along with who he sent into the battle. if ecco's fighting, let's hit another of our high volume guy.

as for the lurker dunk, i'm still voting asiina. do you guys think that's a safe-lurker vote? the mid-level posters have merit as well.

cckeane, please let us know as soon as the final votes are locked who's fighting.

No never.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMom your team stinks my team is going to beat it up.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey merk I just noticed, for all you talk about your day 1 case against me that's so rock solid, you haven't really been pushing it.

hear me out here, you haven't condensed it into one post, you haven't prodded people to vote with it, you've just talked about the case obliquely and how great it is and how it's getting me executed.

what exactly is the case against me here?

is it my inaction (or even disruption) on the content question?

is it because I misphrased your case against me?

is it because I've made emotional pleas without scumhunting?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey keane can you please tell me if you've removed me from the team selection? this is important for my disposition the rest of the day.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gosh, I feel bad for Ecco right now. This is exactly how that Lourdes game went for me against merk. Eccooooooooooooo I feel for you but you really are scum and I can't help that I'm soooooooooorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy blame busb

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

nah I'm gonna blame a lazy town, and either you or merk if either/both of you are actually town.

since I am town :eng101:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I accept no blame :sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

hey keane can you please tell me if you've removed me from the team selection? this is important for my disposition the rest of the day.

Sorry, buddy, I did. :(

Ecco you're reminding me a lot of how you played in Tournament of Champions. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Nope, I just didn't have any other strong opinions. It's really hard to form opinions on people who aren't posting, for example.

True but what about merk? What about diqnol? What about the other people who have contributed enough content to form opinions on?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Sorry, buddy, I did. :(

Ecco you're reminding me a lot of how you played in Tournament of Champions. :(

keane I am sorry you have done that. you have allowed me to die in this game, and when I flip you will know you are wrong. I know you will feel bad about that, and, you should, but please don't let me have died in vain. Please read my cases on Diqnol and merk, and with my flip know that their cases on me are ultimately incorrect.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't feel bad, its mafia. Don't let him play on your emotions.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

CCKeane posted:

No never.

shiiit our king is scum he's gonna try and suicide. :cry:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have made peace that I am dying today.

We need to have a town consensus for who we want to be the second death. People generally agree that it should be a "lurker," which is very reasonable. If every single one of the lurkers are town then ecco's principle applies: we were probably going to lose anyway.

I have suggested Hiipfire as a solid choice because, of the lurkers, he's the one who is most unlikely to ever provide any substantive content. Little Mac, Asiina, and the like, they've done "bad things" but they're the kind of people who, if they're still non-entities by day 2 or 3 we'll know it's probably because they're scum. We will never get even that out of Hiipfire.

Regardless of who we ultimately pick though we have to be organized. If we vote like we normally do in mafia games it'll assuredly be suboptimal.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

well there goes my entire plan. iff cckeane won't work with us we can't play the battle metagame. boooo.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We aren't allowed to talk battle specifics by loving rule dude. It was DOA at signup.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Verr posted:

well there goes my entire plan. iff cckeane won't work with us we can't play the battle metagame. boooo.
hey Verr what are your thoughts on players who are not Asiina? not saying I don't disagree about Asiina's "content" this game so far but if you had to pick someone else who would it be?

ideally it'd be someone from this list:

EccoRaven posted:

Beetphyxious
bowmore
CapitalistPig
HiipFire
Little Mac
Mithross
Opopanax
Rarity
TheNabster
Verr

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

keane I am sorry you have done that. you have allowed me to die in this game, and when I flip you will know you are wrong. I know you will feel bad about that, and, you should, but please don't let me have died in vain. Please read my cases on Diqnol and merk, and with my flip know that their cases on me are ultimately incorrect.

I promise I will if you flip town.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

We aren't allowed to talk battle specifics by loving rule dude. It was DOA at signup.

not true my brosef. we can't talk about our specific stats nor role pm info.

cckeane's choices and battleplans are totally okay.

ecco:
i have no clue. i've been specifically trying not to pay attention to the massive amounts of shitposting.

GP is sketching me out with his merk call-out
Capitalistpig is sorta just drive-by posting so i'd say that's a easy move by scum, but he could just be doing what i was doing and avoiding being drug into you/merk/KB/GP's weird sex thing

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

not true my brosef. we can't talk about our specific stats nor role pm info.

cckeane's choices and battleplans are totally okay.

ecco:
i have no clue. i've been specifically trying not to pay attention to the massive amounts of shitposting.

GP is sketching me out with his merk call-out
Capitalistpig is sorta just drive-by posting so i'd say that's a easy move by scum, but he could just be doing what i was doing and avoiding being drug into you/merk/KB/GP's weird sex thing

God drat is this post full of garbage. First, I still don't like the hounding for battle info that Verr is doing. Second, how in the hell can you say that this has been shitposting? That's a stupid stance because all of it is full of content for you to form opinions. Shitposting is doing nothing but one or two lines that don't actually provide information.

Stop excusing yourself from playing the game. I'm still good with my Verr vote right now.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

chill brosef, i'm not super experienced at the mafias. there's a lot of dialogue going on and i'm not able to pick out anyone as being particularly scummy. i guess to me shitposting is getting mad about mafia games.

i'm hoping that the battle will be informative for us, so i can avoid digging through 17 pages of angry words, but that's up next if i gotta.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Keane, I know you've been actively quiet on scum hunting on purpose but I think we're reaching the point in the day where it would be beneficial for you to share your thoughts.

Anyway, I'm now all caught up on the thread. I think I've already made where I stand pretty clear but just to properly state my main position I think KB pushed back too hard on Ecco's suspicion of him as a way of discrediting that suspicion and since then he has been happy to ride that vote while ignoring all the other content in the thread. His only other reads have been a town read on me which is based only on logic while ignoring the tone of my content and a very hedgey read on Asiina. Not only do I find those to be two weak reads he's also looking at the two players in this thread he knows best which makes it easy to fake reads on them.

##vote KB

:shrug: You are wrong. You should look for the real scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

God drat is this post full of garbage. First, I still don't like the hounding for battle info that Verr is doing. Second, how in the hell can you say that this has been shitposting? That's a stupid stance because all of it is full of content for you to form opinions. Shitposting is doing nothing but one or two lines that don't actually provide information.

Stop excusing yourself from playing the game. I'm still good with my Verr vote right now.

Question: do you really think scum would double down on the battle info fishing after it was pointed out how scummy it was?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Since it's a double plurality, I think we should dunk one lurker and then probably someone from the ecco/diqnol/merk/KB scuffle. I'm not really sure which one though because all them have been kind of scummy, so I'd rather put my vote somewhere else.

This seems unusual. When did you suddenly decide I looked scummy instead of agreeing with me? Can you point out when/where and your thought process?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
In the usual manner life throws out, I signed up for the game weeks in advance and got pretty hyped for it and the game starts! And then, life happens in the form of ill grandparent and being the designated taxi service, and now, I have less time to do stuff.

So yeah, that happened, I'm probably going to have to drop ship and let one of the reserves take over, but otherwise, I'm probably only going to get a few hours to post and stuff. Sorry guys.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Question: do you really think scum would double down on the battle info fishing after it was pointed out how scummy it was?

I don't know. I might if I was scum and couldn't come up with any thoughts on the actual content of the game. Plus he's also been told that talking about combat stuff isn't scummy by others so it's a fairly safe thing to talk about regardless of my views on it.

Ultimately my biggest issue with Verr is that he doesn't seem to want to work with content. There are pages of actual content to work with but instead he just calls it all shitposting and seemingly refuses to make reads from it. All he wants to do is base his votes on people who don't want to fight despite stating that surely a couple scum would be volunteering to fight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

hey KB as far as we know right now Keane has still selected me to be in the battle today. If Keane comes in and says he removed me, well obviously your vote should stay that's just sensible, but if Keane says I am indeed in the battle, would you unvote me? If you did, who would you vote instead?

Might I suggest Diqnol or merk?

If Keane really locks you in to go, I obviously won't vote you. I might shift to Asiina at that point. Or maybe a lurker like Little Mac.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This seems unusual. When did you suddenly decide I looked scummy instead of agreeing with me? Can you point out when/where and your thought process?

Just because I've agreed with you doesn't mean you haven't been kind of scummy. As I said, everyone involved in that group of 4 is kind of scummy, so it seems like it's just a matter of picking out the actual scum involved.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Every vote on Ecco by a town player has at least a base of my case ingrained in their read. It's an irrelevant question though. The fact that Ecco feels the need to respond immediately every time I bring up that I'm getting him lynched is the telling point here.

I mean, you can say that YOUR case has a grain of mine in it if you want. But not the other way around. ;)

I thought your initial vote was weird and your refusal to engage on my/Ecco's back and forth directly, but I've come around and can see we are going after similar things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

True but what about merk? What about diqnol? What about the other people who have contributed enough content to form opinions on?

It's hard for me to see them as scum when they are agreeing with me, even if it isn't always for the right reasons. But you'll notice that in Asiina's case I got past that. I'm still null on Merk. I could see it going either way, and in the absence of strong feelings I'd prefer to keep a strong player around. If I had a gun to my head I guess I'd lean more scum then town for Diqnol, but that is only because I find his weirdness around Merk to be offputting. Other than that he seems the same as usual.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I have made peace that I am dying today.

We need to have a town consensus for who we want to be the second death. People generally agree that it should be a "lurker," which is very reasonable. If every single one of the lurkers are town then ecco's principle applies: we were probably going to lose anyway.

I have suggested Hiipfire as a solid choice because, of the lurkers, he's the one who is most unlikely to ever provide any substantive content. Little Mac, Asiina, and the like, they've done "bad things" but they're the kind of people who, if they're still non-entities by day 2 or 3 we'll know it's probably because they're scum. We will never get even that out of Hiipfire.

Regardless of who we ultimately pick though we have to be organized. If we vote like we normally do in mafia games it'll assuredly be suboptimal.

This is reasonable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Just because I've agreed with you doesn't mean you haven't been kind of scummy. As I said, everyone involved in that group of 4 is kind of scummy, so it seems like it's just a matter of picking out the actual scum involved.

Ok, fair enough, but point me to the things you thought were scummy then.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, fair enough, but point me to the things you thought were scummy then.

A lot of it stems from the fact that you seem more interested in defending yourself instead of finding other scum. I accept that you think Ecco is scum, but surely there is more than one scum in the game. But instead you're essentially solely focused on Ecco and only giving light reads on others when prodded.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey, don't put merk into the battlefield. I know what I'm saying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

A lot of it stems from the fact that you seem more interested in defending yourself instead of finding other scum. I accept that you think Ecco is scum, but surely there is more than one scum in the game. But instead you're essentially solely focused on Ecco and only giving light reads on others when prodded.

As a follow up to this: I'm on my phone so it's hard to post specific examples, but I'll see what I can do when I get home. I'm not sure what I can find because it's kind of a gut thing on KB and not one I'm personally likely to vote today. I'd vote merk or diqnol over KB or Ecco today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm, ok. I think I do generally have more solid reads by now on D1, even if they are usually garbage, so I guess that's fair.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

As a follow up to this: I'm on my phone so it's hard to post specific examples, but I'll see what I can do when I get home. I'm not sure what I can find because it's kind of a gut thing on KB and not one I'm personally likely to vote today. I'd vote merk or diqnol over KB or Ecco today.

You were scum in our last game together, right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You were scum in our last game together, right?

The Pearl game yes. I think that was our last game together.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I'd vote merk or diqnol over KB or Ecco today.
that's all well and good but I am not so confident in merk/diqnol that I'd prefer voting them and me out today + a lurker. If gosh forbid I am wrong about them, then even though they're wrong about me the town will lose two/three of its strongest players day 1. It'd be just shameful.

the best move for this game, if I'm going down (and it looks like I will) is to coordinate the second vote on a lurker, someone who wouldn't otherwise get voted for because people hate voting for lurkers normally, but who needs a good being killed for the game's sake.

Nabster just bowed out. Rarity has showed up. Verr is not lurking anymore (though his lack of scumhunting even when prompted is troubling).

I prefer Hiipfire but I could be persuaded to go with Opop, Little Mac, or Asiina, though I'd prefer you all focus on them in later days, at least giving them a chance to """prove their worth""" or whatever.

TMM what do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
mafia edit:
"over a lurker," not +. that sentence received some revision before posting but I neglected that clause.

• Locked thread