Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Ingredients
3 pounds small red or white potatoes
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.

Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.

roasted red potatoes are the bomb, dot com

e: they are also deserving of being the first post on this page and i stand by my decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ledenko posted:

I don't care if this is a joke that's flying so far over my head it had to buy a spaceship, I want some recipes.

its not a joke, when I was the OP we often talked about recipes for food

post them here, discuss them, I'll add them to the OP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Ingredients
3 pounds small red or white potatoes
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.

Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.

added

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They go well with pork chops & garlic bread.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Onions, garlic, buns
You owe yourself a good burg
Don't burn the beef, dude

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

If only I earned the kind of money an helpdesk jockey makes I too could invest in jpegs. To the moon!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Split Pea Soup

Ingredients
4 cups dried split peas
water
Ham on the bone
some thin sliced onions
some salt and pepper
Thin sliced potatoes, carports and celery.
1 palm full dried marjoram

Directions
In a large stock pot, cover peas with cold water and soak overnight.

Once peas are soaked, add ham bone, onion, salt, pepper and marjoram. Cover, bring to boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Remove bone; cut off meat, dice and return meat to soup. Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook slowly, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

Server with a really heavy bread.

I own a restaurant I guess I could post a lot of poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

Split Pea Soup

Ingredients
4 cups dried split peas
water
Ham on the bone
some thin sliced onions
some salt and pepper
Thin sliced potatoes, carports and celery.
1 palm full dried marjoram

Directions
In a large stock pot, cover peas with cold water and soak overnight.

Once peas are soaked, add ham bone, onion, salt, pepper and marjoram. Cover, bring to boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Remove bone; cut off meat, dice and return meat to soup. Add celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook slowly, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

I own a restaurant I guess I could post a lot of poo poo.

that sounds good, and also added

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MeLKoR posted:

If only I earned the kind of money an helpdesk jockey makes I too could invest in jpegs. To the moon!

Alaska will pay you to live there so start moving!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

An amount is not weighty you illiterate moron

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If Mitt Romney bought a completionist pack he'd still be an idiot for doing it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Now im hungry..

You know, i just had a brilliant idea! Star citizen should force you to have to eat/drink/crap/piss like real life. You have to physically cook your food, make your drinks, etc. If you fail to make them right they can kill your character via bacteria. This kind of death should be a permanent death/account kill as well. That way when That guy loses his $20k space ship he has to buy another!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

An amount is not weighty you illiterate moron

He likes looking learned he just hasn't quite figured out how.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Derek Smart posted a screenshot of a forum he posted on that looked like a car forum and the guy's sig has some old 2006 as his daily driver. You'd think someone so financially stable working in the bustling big business world of Alaska would be able to drive something a little more nice if he is dropping G's on Fart Shitizen.

[ MY OTHER RIDE IS SPACESHIP ]

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

Now im hungry..

You know, i just had a brilliant idea! Star citizen should force you to have to eat/drink/crap/piss like real life. You have to physically cook your food, make your drinks, etc. If you fail to make them right they can kill your character via bacteria. This kind of death should be a permanent death/account kill as well. That way when That guy loses his $20k space ship he has to buy another!

You left out space-rape.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wafflz posted:

He'd still be Mitt Romney.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

You left out space-rape.

You are joking but there is an MMO called Revival being worked on by Illfonic (guys who work/worked on the Star Citizen FPS) wherein you can rape people

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730761

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Shala posted:

You left out space-rape.

Thats an entirely seperate module, coming out with the Second Life in Space module for the SS Rape Ship ($12,000) All future funding will go to spreading Dick Wulfs Dick Pics to every starliner in the Verse

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Napa Cabbage Salad

Ingredients:

1 head napa cabbage
1 bunch minced green onions
1/3 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Finely shred the head of cabbage; do not chop. Combine the green onions and cabbage in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Make the crunchies: Melt the butter in a pot. Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake the crunchies in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, turning often to make sure they do not burn. When they are browned remove them from the oven.

Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
Combine dressing, crunchies, and cabbage immediately before serving. Serve right away or the crunchies will get soggy.

Finely shred the head of cabbage; do not chop. Combine the green onions and cabbage in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Prep
15 m

Cook
15 m

Ready In
30 m

edit: formatting got messed up

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Well I did it, I cashed out my stuff on the gray market. A total profit of a little over $100. It's definitely not too late to cash out at a profit, you have to move fast though, and cut aggressively if nobody bites.

Now I can fully enjoy the trainwreck. :toot:

Having played so much Elite, I can't help but think that even if Star Citizen ever came out (it won't, but for the sake of argument) its progression curve would be all kinds of hosed up. In Elite you have a reasonable clear progression in the form of getting bigger and better ships to do various activities: (fighting/Hauling/exploring), but in Star Citizen, you'd potentially be starting with some ships that are basically the endgame level ships.

Also they have way too many variants of each ship. It's clear they did that to have more to announce and market JPEGs, and have people buy and upgrade to the better versions of the JPEGs, but if that were in an actual game it would be a clusterfuck.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here are some comments from that AWESOME!!!! video of a cargo hold in "star citizen".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hooded Reptile posted:

Napa Cabbage Salad

Ingredients:

1 head napa cabbage
1 bunch minced green onions
1/3 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Make the crunchies: Melt the butter in a pot. Mix the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds into the pot with the melted butter. Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake the crunchies in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, turning often to make sure they do not burn. When they are browned remove them from the oven.

Make the dressing: In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, let boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
Combine dressing, crunchies, and cabbage immediately before serving. Serve right away or the crunchies will get soggy.

Prep
15 m

Cook
15 m

Ready In
30 m

sounds p good, added

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ledenko posted:

So which cut of beef do you need to make a good burger?

Use a blend of sirloin, brisket, and oxtail if you want the best. Always remember, smashed burgers are life. Grills are for getting free stuff on the internet.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Eonwe posted:

sounds p good, added

I made this the other day, kind of pricey though,

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds kielbasa
3 cups chopped yellow onions (2 large onions)
2 cups chopped leeks, well cleaned (2 leeks, white parts only)
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 pounds small potatoes (red or white)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
2 dozen steamer clams, scrubbed
2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, in the shell
3 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters
2 cups good dry white wine

Slice the kielbasa diagonally into 1-inch thick slices. Set aside. Saute the onions and leeks in the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed 16 to 20 quart stockpot over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the onions start to brown.

Layer the ingredients on top of the onions in the stockpot in this order: first the potatoes, salt, and pepper; then the kielbasa, little neck clams, steamer clams, mussels, shrimp, and lobsters. Pour in the white wine. Cover the pot tightly and cook over medium-high heat until steam just begins to escape from the lid, about 15 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes. The clambake should be done. Test to be sure the potatoes are tender, the lobsters are cooked, and the clams and mussels are open. Remove the lobsters to a wooden board, cut them up, and crack the claws. With large slotted spoons, remove the seafood, potatoes, and sausages to a large bowl and top with the lobsters. Season the broth in the pot to taste, and ladle over the seafood, being very careful to avoid any sand in the bottom.

Total Time:
1 hr
Prep:
30 min
Cook:
30 min

Yield:
6 to 8 servings

Level:
Intermediate

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Szcwczuk posted:

Who the gently caress are you supposed to be exactly?

Hi.
I'm Bluestreak.

I'm big in Japan.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

He'd still be Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney with no completionist pack is still objectively smarter than Mitt Romney with a completionist pack though.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Here are some comments from that AWESOME!!!! video of a cargo hold in "star citizen".

Protip: "Itshortcut" is an anagram for "Derek Smart" if you're a moron and don't know what an anagram is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hooded Reptile posted:

I made this the other day, kind of pricey though,

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds kielbasa
3 cups chopped yellow onions (2 large onions)
2 cups chopped leeks, well cleaned (2 leeks, white parts only)
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 pounds small potatoes (red or white)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
2 dozen steamer clams, scrubbed
2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, in the shell
3 (1 1/2 pound) lobsters
2 cups good dry white wine

Slice the kielbasa diagonally into 1-inch thick slices. Set aside. Saute the onions and leeks in the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed 16 to 20 quart stockpot over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the onions start to brown.

Layer the ingredients on top of the onions in the stockpot in this order: first the potatoes, salt, and pepper; then the kielbasa, little neck clams, steamer clams, mussels, shrimp, and lobsters. Pour in the white wine. Cover the pot tightly and cook over medium-high heat until steam just begins to escape from the lid, about 15 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes. The clambake should be done. Test to be sure the potatoes are tender, the lobsters are cooked, and the clams and mussels are open. Remove the lobsters to a wooden board, cut them up, and crack the claws. With large slotted spoons, remove the seafood, potatoes, and sausages to a large bowl and top with the lobsters. Season the broth in the pot to taste, and ladle over the seafood, being very careful to avoid any sand in the bottom.

Total Time:
1 hr
Prep:
30 min
Cook:
30 min

Yield:
6 to 8 servings

Level:
Intermediate

pricey, but clams own, added

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spring Rolls
3 c flour
1 1/2 c cornstarch
water
Roll very thin - or buy store bought wrappers

filling:
garlic crushed
onions - fried to brown
beef cube (Seasoning - Maggi)
Mix together

bean noodles - soaked 1 hour
grated carrots
grated cabbage
combine last 3 items and drain for 1 to 2 hours

Mix together:
Chicken, cut into small pieces
garlic powder
garlic onion mixture

Layer carrot mixture, chicken carrot
fold sides and roll from skinny to wide side.. Can use egg white to seal end.
Fry slightly, then bake until brown.

Sauce (aka Ha's Sauce*)

5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T olive oil
saute in wok
add 1 c water (use to rinse out food processor of chopped garlic)
add to sauteed garlic in wok
add 1/2 c vinegar (to taste)
3 T Sesame Оil
3 T Soу Sauce
3 T Gold Label Seasoning Sauce
1 C sugar (to taste)
420 g tomato paste (Rosanova)
2 1/2 c water
stir and heat
Mix 2 T corn starch with 1/2 c water. Add to sauce
bring to a boil, stirring constantly
Add 1 T Sesame oil

*named after a Vietnamese lady who was my neighbor as a kid and gave my parents the recipe

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Guys, how do I make handcooked chips?

This is as close as I got:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Variable 5 posted:

Protip: "Itshortcut" is an anagram for "Derek Smart" if you're a moron and don't know what an anagram is

So... you're a moron?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Spring Rolls
3 c flour
1 1/2 c cornstarch
water
Roll very thin - or buy store bought wrappers

filling:
garlic crushed
onions - fried to brown
beef cube (Seasoning - Maggi)
Mix together

bean noodles - soaked 1 hour
grated carrots
grated cabbage
combine last 3 items and drain for 1 to 2 hours

Mix together:
Chicken, cut into small pieces
garlic powder
garlic onion mixture

Layer carrot mixture, chicken carrot
fold sides and roll from skinny to wide side.. Can use egg white to seal end.
Fry slightly, then bake until brown.

Sauce (aka Ha's Sauce*)

5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T olive oil
saute in wok
add 1 c water (use to rinse out food processor of chopped garlic)
add to sauteed garlic in wok
add 1/2 c vinegar (to taste)
3 T Sesame Оil
3 T Soу Sauce
3 T Gold Label Seasoning Sauce
1 C sugar (to taste)
420 g tomato paste (Rosanova)
2 1/2 c water
stir and heat
Mix 2 T corn starch with 1/2 c water. Add to sauce
bring to a boil, stirring constantly
Add 1 T Sesame oil

*named after a Vietnamese lady who was my neighbor as a kid and gave my parents the recipe

that sauce sounds good

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
scotch eggs

10 oz (300g) ground pork
2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
Pinch of crushed red hot pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
1 large egg, beaten
¾ cup plain dried bread crumbs

In a large bowl, mix the pork, scallions, herbs, and hot pepper. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Coat the eggs in flour. Divide the pork mixture into 4 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time, flatten the pork into a thick disk. Place an egg in the center and gather up the pork to completely enclose the egg.

3. Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large, deep saucepan and heat to 350°F (180°C). Beat the eggs in a shallow dish Spread the bread crumbs in another dish. Dip each pork-wrapped egg into the beaten egg to coat, then roll in the bread crumbs.

4. Carefully place the eggs in the hot oil and fry for 3–4 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot or cold.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
The simplest things are often the best.

Slice some mozzarella Di buffalo and pomodoro tomatoes tear some fresh basil over the top and season with unfiltered extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.

Possibly a lesson for Crobits as well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

that sauce sounds good

I remember it being sweet tasting. It's been like 10 years since I had it though.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
What grey market is best at this point? Any good middlemen

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Omelette

3 eggs
for each eggs add spoonful of water
add some cheese (Edam)
some Gorgonzola
cut some paprika's
cut half of onion
cut some ham
cut more cheese because why not
Add some green peppers
and tiny bit of basilica
Mix em up real good

start frying
once bottom has solidified a bit add paprikas,onion,cheese and ham
once you think its ready turn half of it on top of the other half.
if done correctly you'll have nice golden brown omelette.
Enjoy

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

So... you're a moron?

:ughh:

Countdown until someone claims the "itshortcut" account is actually Derek Smart

also

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy