Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do diamonds ever go on sale?

I feel like I've spent enough time on this game that I wouldn't mind dropping money on it. But obviously I'd like to get the most bang for my buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
I don't recall ever seeing them go on sale.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Install the Google Rewards app and get free Play Store credit to buy diamonds for answering questions.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
http://store.steampowered.com/app/398840/?snr=1_4_4__130_13

Hmm...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Their Facebook page says they'll give you 1000 diamond!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
There are over 10+ CoC and BB clones on the playstore alone not surprised. Whats the draw to playing poop break games on the PC when you can't bring it with you to the can.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'd play a clash rts with real micro and a story on pc.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Which goon clan is most active/should I join?

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

ranbo das posted:

Goonfleet

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

ranbo das posted:

Boat pirates

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
War of Beach, more like War of Bitch

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I've been playing coc for awhile, looking at other ways to poop. Since this is a supercell game does it become a hard core grind eventually or is it more / less casual?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
You progress as well as you perform.

Faceguy
Feb 7, 2009

I am very phallic
College Slice
I've found it easier because there is no wall grind to worry about. There are also tons of non-pvp options for loot and buildings that increase the amount of loot you get by a percentage value.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I've been playing coc for awhile, looking at other ways to poop. Since this is a supercell game does it become a hard core grind eventually or is it more / less casual?

This game is super casual. Even the Task force (game equivalent of clans) operations are, at most, a single 4 minute or less attack a day.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

I'm finding it drat near impossible to upgrade to HQ 18. I'll gem and clear the map, save my OP reward loot and sub loot, and I still won't have enough to upgrade my HQ. I'll log back in the morning, and half my loot will be gone, and I'm unable to gem and clear the map again because all the targets haven't re-appeared.

Wallgrinding is amazing compared to this fuckery.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

pennywisdom posted:

I'm finding it drat near impossible to upgrade to HQ 18. I'll gem and clear the map, save my OP reward loot and sub loot, and I still won't have enough to upgrade my HQ. I'll log back in the morning, and half my loot will be gone, and I'm unable to gem and clear the map again because all the targets haven't re-appeared.

Wallgrinding is amazing compared to this fuckery.

What level is your radar, and do you have at least 50% increased raid rewards?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

S.T.C.A. posted:

What level is your radar, and do you have at least 50% increased raid rewards?

Radar is at 17, and I'm at 53% RR when boosted.

edit: trying to push to HQ 19, typo in my last post.

XakEp
Dec 20, 2002
Amor est vitae essentia

What's the best way to handle going on vacation with this game? I'd rather not leave the task force, but I don't want to be a drag on Ops.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
Hey I applied to goonfleet is this the strongest team??? I am strong and need a team

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

We are the master fleet.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fwthvuDxtk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So any guesses as to what the big surprise is?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Game is pretty fun, seems best strat low level is flaring to the back of the HQ and destroying it easy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Sent a request to Goonfleet as SplatterpopeSA.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

mega crab owns, now I actually give a poo poo about logging on more often

thanks $up€rc€££

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006
I've blown through a ton of gems to keep up with the lewt.

Well played Supercell.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Posting here to join Boat Pirates so Mephology can lord over me.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is there any defense against constantly getting your poo poo pushed in by people twelve levels higher than you who use grenadiers to great effect when you're still on level fifteen hq. 300 victory points, and desperately trying to store enough resources to break level 16 ? The inclusion of medics made me at least moderately capable of punching above my weight against the level 48 plus mercenary bases dotting my map, but not enough so that I can clear out enough before I get raided. I'm maining tank medic, with 3 gunboat energy statues granting me +54% , 25% unit attack 30% unit defence, with a +25% resource reward and +36% gem chance statue thrown in for good measure.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

I stopped raiding at all. I just do dr. T and ops now because i just get all my poo poo stolen otherwise.

and the occasional dumb rear end who has way too much stuff for way too little defense.... then i'm usually rewarded with getting attacked back since i went up 2 medal things.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah it loving sucks when some higher level dude just takes a good chunk of your poo poo, meanwhile all the opponents you're matched against are of equal or better defenses against you and it's impossible to get good wins.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Ever since I dropped down to 235 VP, no one shows up on my radar to raid, I don't get raided and I just have Dr. T for resources.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Breetai posted:

Is there any defense against constantly getting your poo poo pushed in by people twelve levels higher than you who use grenadiers to great effect when you're still on level fifteen hq. 300 victory points, and desperately trying to store enough resources to break level 16 ? The inclusion of medics made me at least moderately capable of punching above my weight against the level 48 plus mercenary bases dotting my map, but not enough so that I can clear out enough before I get raided. I'm maining tank medic, with 3 gunboat energy statues granting me +54% , 25% unit attack 30% unit defence, with a +25% resource reward and +36% gem chance statue thrown in for good measure.

Do you not have blue statues? Bases without defensive bonuses are and have always been magnets for my attacks. Your GBE percentage seems low for 3 statues (my msaterwork is 40%) so I'd dump one (or both) and get the two blue masterworks. Or dump the GBE for resource rewards so you can push upgrades faster than you can get raided.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Breetai posted:

During the mid stage of the game (roughly where you are) I found it necessary to stop raiding bases as soon as they pop up. Let them accumulate on your map.

During the Dr. Terror invasion (preferably the second one; the one with a larger map since you are using Tank/medic) boost your resource rewards (and gunboat energy statues if necessary) and just clear out as many bases(including Dr. Terror and player bases) while trying not to lose any tanks or medics.

The idea is to store your resources in your map, not at your base where it can get raided and stolen. Trying to store resources at your base for a big upgrade is pretty much always a bad idea.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 27, 2016

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Zachack posted:

Do you not have blue statues? Bases without defensive bonuses are and have always been magnets for my attacks. Your GBE percentage seems low for 3 statues (my msaterwork is 40%) so I'd dump one (or both) and get the two blue masterworks. Or dump the GBE for resource rewards so you can push upgrades faster than you can get raided.

I have 1 14%, 1 17% (the highest possible guardian so I'll not get rid of it), and a 24% Masterpiece. I technically have enough gems for two rolls of the dice against blue masterpieces, however I'm planning to squeak into an HQ upgrade, then upgrade my statue builder, THEN craft them, prioritising a defense masterpiece. The troop buffing masterpieces are too good to lose, 25% loot is pretty amazing, and gem chance driving additional upgrades is fairly important as well. Plus the increase in energy (I went from the single 17% guardian to getting the other guardian plus a masterpiece in the space of a day and the difference turned me from not being able to scratch level 45 bases as a level 35 to being able to clear out a bunch of them) makes me loath to remove those statues.

I should, however, probably upgrade defenses. I've been focussing on offence (I've got 4 gunboats with 16 capacity, 2 with 18 capacity in anticipation of throwing some grenadiers into the mix), however while my boom cannons are all at max level for my HQ, as is my rocket launcher, and my regular cannons are level 10 i.e. 1 level behind, the remainder of my defenses are woefully underpowered - mortars at L3, machine guns ranging from 2-3, and snipers generally between 5-9.That said I've already upgraded every other building to max for my HQ apart from the gunboat (which costs over a million wood/stone), the Iron Mine (because iron is consistantly the resource I have too much of) and the armoury which is at level 12 but which I haven't finished all upgrades for (basically I upgrade everything that's a gunboat ability, plus tanks to max level, then upgrade the armoury.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cormack posted:

Posting here to join Boat Pirates so Mephology can lord over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is anyone else experiencing a weird bug where the number of alerts near the map icon thing doesn't clear off once you've actually cleared captured villages, viewed battles etc?

I log in, it tells me I have 10 alerts, I navigate to the map and click the alerts button and only two of them are new, lather, rinse, repeat with a slightly higher number next time.

• Locked thread