Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Mithross

Sure, I was thinking about making that vote too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I remembered I have a bit of wine in the fridge. Happy birthday me! :toot:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

I like rarity as town now

kb, ecco and tmm are town
diqnol is town too
you're also town
beet's town

i'd vote cpig, mithross and verr

would prefer voting mithross cause I dislike voting away people who post alot in the early game, unless they're clearly scum

##vote Mithross

also people are posting so much i cant keep up :(

:siren:
Why does this post make no mention of merk?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Guys, can we not hang Ecco. I know I know I KNOW I've been pushing her all day but I want to play another day with her at least, I feel Real Bad suddenly.

The stipulation is that you don't in turn hang me because I'm a good guy looking out for the town. :D?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, time is up and I'm gone now and won't be back until after deadline.

Don't lynch me tia

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote mithross

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

Why does this post make no mention of merk?
since the last game I played with him where he was town, really apathetic and was pushing dumb lynches I don't know what to think about him

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I just got home and got a text to go out with some friends. I can vote before deadline but I'll be honest, I'm not going to catch up before it. I won't have the time until afterward.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Guys, can we not hang Ecco. I know I know I KNOW I've been pushing her all day but I want to play another day with her at least, I feel Real Bad suddenly.

The stipulation is that you don't in turn hang me because I'm a good guy looking out for the town. :D?

Wait what?

Dude you really HAVE been pushing this all day. What's up here?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Why Mithross? Just because he's the worst lurker or what?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

you would think so but unfortunately you would be mistaken.

yeah i know your argument on it im just trying to flesh out if merk was agreeing with it for the same reasoning.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I really don't care about what I have done, I care about what I am doing. Ecco...well, Ecco is probably scum. But she wants to have some fun. Lets let her.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

At the end of the day I don't even mind if this costs us the game somehow, I just want to be Fair.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meh. I'm feeling pretty confident about Ecco. But if we want to put her back in the battle I'll move my vote.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

FoxTerrier posted:

Why Mithross? Just because he's the worst lurker or what?

yes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

Well there is bound to be at least one scum in there if not more and in the last soldiers game scum had sabotage abilities in combat.

Isn't there bound to be at least one scum in a group of active players?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote mithross

Dude this is the second time you've just bandwagoned a vote without explanation.

Why Mithross?

Use your words!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
diqnol I thought you said your scumtell was being nice to people :colbert:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

This is exactly why Ecco is playing the resigned card.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

Isn't there bound to be at least one scum in a group of active players?

Not really. I've been in games where all the scum were lurkers.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

FoxTerrier posted:

Dude this is the second time you've just bandwagoned a vote without explanation.

Why Mithross?

Use your words!

Nope.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

The gently caress

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

To further expand on this. I don't think I've personally been in a game where the opposite is true. There is always a lurking scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

I've been in games where all the scum were active players.

The scum team was randomized at the start of the game. There is just as likely active players in the scum team as there are lurkers.

I don't understand anything you've said in the last five posts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

To further expand on this. I don't think I've personally been in a game where the opposite is true. There is always a lurking scum.

THERE IS ALWAYS AN ACTIVE SCUM IS JUST AS WRONG OF A THING TO SAY

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
CPig are you jester again?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
merk: Let's put all the lurkers in to battle to kill them.

Responses:

King Burgundy posted:

Hahaha. I don't remember how bad a loss is for us but that would certainly solve the lurker problem. Probably only worth it if we think there are at least a couple of scum there.

King Burgundy posted:

Well there is bound to be at least one scum in there if not more and in the last soldiers game scum had sabotage abilities in combat.

King Burgundy posted:

King Burgundy posted:

Can anyone be this wrong or is this fake?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

CPig are you jester again?

In a soldiers game?

Also he'd be way more active in looking to get hung instead of just drive by posting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

At the end of the day I don't even mind if this costs us the game somehow, I just want to be Fair.

I'd switch to Diqnol if we aren't doing Ecco. I have a bad gut read on Diqnol.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But I very much prefer Ecco.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

I've been in games where all the scum were active players.

The scum team was randomized at the start of the game. There is just as likely active players in the scum team as there are lurkers.

I don't understand anything you've said in the last five posts.

I've never seen it. I could go through my whole game history and point out the examples if you like. I realize that is still anecdotal. I think the reason it happens is that even if you end up with scum who normally post a lot there is always at least becomes more lurky as scum. :shrug:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

In a soldiers game?

Also he'd be way more active in looking to get hung instead of just drive by posting.

mostly a joke, but out right refusing to explain why he's voting someone reminds me of the games he played as jester
actually its like cpig is being edgy for no good reason

wait a minute cpig

are you a taste parachute???????????

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

HiipFire posted:

mostly a joke, but out right refusing to explain why he's voting someone reminds me of the games he played as jester
actually its like cpig is being edgy for no good reason

wait a minute cpig

are you a taste parachute???????????

It's scummy as hell and idk why I've been basically the only one calling him out on it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cpig is being Cpig, ie. purposefully obtuse and useless so he doesn't get lynched early.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Rarity posted:

Cpig is being Cpig, ie. purposefully obtuse and useless so he doesn't get lynched early.

thats dumb and very unfun

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think everyone is joking about CPig being a Jester, but please remember this:

busb posted:

RULE: The Scum
The scum are the only other faction in this game. As they are working to eliminate the ruler of the thread they're in, including scum in a raiding party can be extremely dangerous.

No third parties

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

merk posted:

Alternatively, Keane could put all lurkers into combat.

ninja: :siren: I feel like this is a great idea.

holy poo poo its almost what i've been saying the entire time. manipulating the battle is key to rooting out scum.

but cckeane doesn't want to play ball.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

Sliding by on a meta of being useless is dumb and people should get called out on that poo poo. Blatantly refusing to generate anything resembling useful content hurts town and I'm still considering switching my vote to him for it because drat.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

merk, didn't cckeane say something about an item creating a survivor? maybe third parties don't exist at start but can be added by shenanigans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Verr posted:

merk, didn't cckeane say something about an item creating a survivor? maybe third parties don't exist at start but can be added by shenanigans?

That was the most obvious gambit to have ever been made on the Something Awful forums.

• Locked thread