Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Ultimately my biggest issue with Verr is that he doesn't seem to want to work with content. There are pages of actual content to work with but instead he just calls it all shitposting and seemingly refuses to make reads from it. All he wants to do is base his votes on people who don't want to fight despite stating that surely a couple scum would be volunteering to fight.

dude i specifically responded to your concern about scum volunteering to fight. we can't know about those until they fight. that sucks but we have to roll with the punches.

merk: haha poo poo i am bad at mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Not only does the rules thread say that the scum faction is the only other faction, turning a scum into a publicly known survivor ruins the game immediately. The survivor gives up the whole scum team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm unconcerned with your threats merk.

You can't drive a hang on me.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

No, you just reacted to everything I said and acted like a lil weasel about me being right =_= but our darn king wants you to have fun despite me being right. That's why it'd be unfair for him to keep me from battle because it would be denying me MY fun while he saves yours despite the thread's best interests. It ain't right, I tell you what. If you guys hang me you're hamstringing yourselves. Don't listen to this clownfish. That said, we shouldn't hang Ecco anymore. A bad guy in battle can still take damage for us.

Wait..re-reading and...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the incorrect?

A bad guy in battle isn't going to take damage for us, he's going to sabotage us and increase damage, right?

busb posted:

RULE: The Scum
The scum are the only other faction in this game. As they are working to eliminate the ruler of the thread they're in, including scum in a raiding party can be extremely dangerous.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FoxTerrier posted:

Sliding by on a meta of being useless is dumb and people should get called out on that poo poo. Blatantly refusing to generate anything resembling useful content hurts town and I'm still considering switching my vote to him for it because drat.

Don't vote Cpig for his meta, vote him for his bad driveby bandwagon votes.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Rarity posted:

Don't vote Cpig for his meta, vote him for his bad driveby bandwagon votes.

Apparently they're one and the same

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FoxTerrier posted:

Wait..re-reading and...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the incorrect?

A bad guy in battle isn't going to take damage for us, he's going to sabotage us and increase damage, right?

It’ll be both. In my previous game the only person on the other team who knew the scum was the king. And there is no good way for the king to influence what the people he puts in combat do so they end up attacking anyone sent regardless of alignment. So the scum take damage/die but they can also be doing damage to their own combat group and or using sabotage abilities to increase the damage done to other members of their group.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
In the interests of battle parties and hanging choices, The Nabster has requested a replacement.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

dude i specifically responded to your concern about scum volunteering to fight. we can't know about those until they fight. that sucks but we have to roll with the punches.

merk: haha poo poo i am bad at mafia.

And my point has been that choosing the people who don't want to fight is a bad decision because there are surely going to be town players who are not good at combat.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

fair, but that's the risk in hunting scum in general right? we might peg a town?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
re:diqnol

EccoRaven posted:

You just want me to die because of my cipher. I suspected it before and I think it now pretty confidently that it's because you think I have a powerful role, and you'd rather have the town vote me out than waste a nightkill on me.

lol.

~~~~~~~~~

keane. keane. keeeeaaaane. please tell me you're here. keane I need to speak with you AY ESS AY PEE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Off to bed now, not moving my vote cause I still think KB is the best lynch and a viable candidate if people reconsider his posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

fair, but that's the risk in hunting scum in general right? we might peg a town?

But you see the problem right? You aren't making scum calls based on peoples opinions and instead are basing them strictly on who doesn't want to go into combat.

If scum were the only people who didn't want to go into combat, it would make them really easy to spot, so there are surely going to be townies that aren't good at combat.

I have no problem using the combat stuff to help with your reads, but you shouldn't be making calls based solely on that information.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Off to bed now, not moving my vote cause I still think KB is the best lynch and a viable candidate if people reconsider his posts.

he is not. please vote for someone else quickly before you actually leave.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my gosh nobody is here what is happening.

TMM I need your help.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

TMM I need your help.

What do you need?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

TMM I need your help.

I'm here too

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I think this is scummy. When you know you won't be here for deadline, you should put your vote somewhere it will matter. Surely you agree with one of the reads that is more likely to be voted.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

HiipFire posted:

thats dumb and very unfun

Pot kettle

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm here, though I'm at work and wont be for much longer (meetings)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

What do you need?

I am going to ask you a question. It is a very, very general question about your role but if you choose not to answer it I understand. Is that okay?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
doesnt change the fact we play like cunts

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its cool guys relax I'm town i promise.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

HiipFire posted:

doesnt change the fact we play like cunts

:shrug:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Its cool guys relax I'm town i promise.

Then give us some kind of content to work with and explain your bandwagons votes

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

I am going to ask you a question. It is a very, very general question about your role but if you choose not to answer it I understand. Is that okay?

nevermind!! it was tucked away in the rules post.

okay sorry about that segue.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Btw, I'm not sure why more people can't see that Ecco is getting the bums rush here. Seriously, everyone needs to ask themselves just how many times the very first person to collect a bunch of votes actually turned out to be scum. I don't mean hanging scum on the first day, I mean that very first person who draws more than half the needed votes to lynch. I know I haven't played a lot of games, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Sure, I've seen scum get hung on the first day, but it's as far as I can remember, it's never been the first person to actually start getting votes. It's always been them fighting off that vote and everyone coming around to someone else.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i thought i was the edgy teen in the mafia community

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I'll be here until 15 minutes before deadline. Then possibly back right at deadline by phone, but maybe not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

FoxTerrier posted:

Then give us some kind of content to work with and explain your bandwagons votes

Lol no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I already saw your other response, but in the future, feel free to ask me anything. If I do not want to answer it, I will tell you why I don't want to answer it.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
gently caress this

##vote Cpig

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
just popping in with a friendly grammar tip that unlike talking about dongs, the past tense of hanging someone to death is hanged! Wow!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (3): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, merk, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, CapitalistPig
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (2): FoxTerrier, TheNabster, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Mithross (2): HiipFire, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, CapitalistPig, HiipFire
Verr (1): TMMadman
CapitalistPig (1): HiipFire
Little Mac (1): Beetphyxious
King Burgundy (1): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Rarity
Asiina (1): Verr, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
HiipFire (0): merk, merk
merk (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Rarity (0): HiipFire, HiipFire

Not Voting (6): bowmore, CCKeane, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little over an hour till deadline. We should probably consolidate better than this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I got dodgeball so I'm Bush.

Battle party is:
I'd love to change my mind now that I am sober.

Diqnol, Merk, The Tiniest of Macs front line
TheNabster, CapPig, Verr in the rear

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Battle party is:

If your vote is on any of those, please move it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Merk shouldn't be there but maybe it protects him from a nk :shrug:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Battle party is:

If this is the raiding party, then I say we hang Mithross and someone else but not Ecco.

Sorry Mithross, but apparently you don't have time for this game and scum often lurk, so with double plurality, we've gotta take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I'm really frustrated with this game. The meta slap fighting is a bitch to read and parse, to say the least. I've tried to ignore it and look at the cases being made beneath all the words, and in GP and Merk's case I do think the cases are bad to the point of being scummy. GP's more than Merks.

Asiina I don't like for Town either, because their drive by vote on Ecco felt really bandwagoney and I think their justification was bad and a poor echo of Merks.

So yeah...I like GP for scum, Merk for scum, and Asiina for scum.

But I think I'm still going to have to vote Pig because seriously gently caress this poo poo. At least GP/Merk/Asiina are playing. Pig's votes are not only bandwagony and scummy as heck, he's actively refusing to play and do anything that might help town. And gently caress that.

I still like GP for scum, but at least if I'm making a Day 1 error here I'm not making it with someone that actually posts.

##vote CapitalistPig

• Locked thread