Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm move to ##vote Mithross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm more confident in Terrier being scum now than I was before that post.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

edit blahhhh and there's more posts and CPig's in the battle along with my other main scum pics.

##vote Asiina

Her vote on Ecco was bandwagony, and the logic felt like a poor echo of Merk's.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am at a restaurant but will vote to save our war party if needed

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FoxTerrier posted:

I'm really frustrated with this game. The meta slap fighting is a bitch to read and parse, to say the least. I've tried to ignore it and look at the cases being made beneath all the words, and in GP and Merk's case I do think the cases are bad to the point of being scummy. GP's more than Merks.

Asiina I don't like for Town either, because their drive by vote on Ecco felt really bandwagoney and I think their justification was bad and a poor echo of Merks.

So yeah...I like GP for scum, Merk for scum, and Asiina for scum.

But I think I'm still going to have to vote Pig because seriously gently caress this poo poo. At least GP/Merk/Asiina are playing. Pig's votes are not only bandwagony and scummy as heck, he's actively refusing to play and do anything that might help town. And gently caress that.

I still like GP for scum, but at least if I'm making a Day 1 error here I'm not making it with someone that actually posts.

##vote CapitalistPig

You need to move off Pig, he's going into battle. I'm assuming if he gets voted out before battle we go into battle with lower numbers, which would be bad.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
wait what why are we not voting cpig?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Annnnd, now you have.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ohh ok

##unvote

still would vote him if he wasnt fighting

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

King Burgundy posted:

You need to move off Pig, he's going into battle. I'm assuming if he gets voted out before battle we go into battle with lower numbers, which would be bad.

I just did. I didn't see the battle post until after I posted. I moved to Asiina

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Terrier your hands in the air frustration does not read as genuine! The fact that you felt the need to call me scummy 3 times without voting me is not cool! I am a town paragon! You will die to my vorpal blade!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know Asiina has been busy, so I really hesitate to call her scum due to lack of participation. Although I do agree that the drive by vote on Ecco is kind of scummy and even being busy I think she'd put in a little more effort than what she has given.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

If your vote is on any of those, please move it.

yeah! thanks for the update notable forums king kkceane.

now we've got a pool of 11 to pull from.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I know Asiina has been busy, so I really hesitate to call her scum due to lack of participation. Although I do agree that the drive by vote on Ecco is kind of scummy and even being busy I think she'd put in a little more effort than what she has given.

I'm personally rethinking my scum lean on her now that she's explained what's going on. Real life happens.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Verr posted:

yeah! thanks for the update notable forums king kkceane.

now we've got a pool of 11 to pull from.

Keane is obviously distracted/tired. He isn't taking a very active role. :shrug:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote Mithross

back to the lurker lynch i go

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Terrier your hands in the air frustration does not read as genuine! The fact that you felt the need to call me scummy 3 times without voting me is not cool! I am a town paragon! You will die to my vorpal blade!

It should read genuine because I am really frustrated with this game. It's pages of slap-fighting intermingled with people barely posting or doing deliberately aggravating stuff like CPig (who I admit has gotten under my skin).

My vote was on you at the time, dude. And I said before, although I was voting you and felt/feel you are scummy, I was/have been considering moving to Cpig or LilMac or another low content person all day because I'm trying to balance my belief in your scumminess with my desire not to make a Day 1 mistake that removes someone that's actually playing.

Since then CPig has only gotten scummier, with his second drive by vote and continued refusal to produce content...which have been the straws that have broke the terrier's back

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That's why I liked last game. Capps and I were kings and we both easily lead our threads in post count. This is fun too tho, I just wonder what will happen when Keane comes in and takes charge (he will have to eventually I think, we are the Messing Around Thread, after all)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

If your vote is on any of those, please move it.

yeah okay

##unvote

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman posted:

But you see the problem right? You aren't making scum calls based on peoples opinions and instead are basing them strictly on who doesn't want to go into combat.

If scum were the only people who didn't want to go into combat, it would make them really easy to spot, so there are surely going to be townies that aren't good at combat.

I have no problem using the combat stuff to help with your reads, but you shouldn't be making calls based solely on that information.

i understand man, but i'm with foxterrier. i think trying to make a call on the big piles of slap fight are a bad move for me. asiina makes sense from a battle perspective, and from the drive-by-vote perspective. i think that is voting based on an opinion

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

It should read genuine because I am really frustrated with this game. It's pages of slap-fighting intermingled with people barely posting or doing deliberately aggravating stuff like CPig (who I admit has gotten under my skin).

My vote was on you at the time, dude. And I said before, although I was voting you and felt/feel you are scummy, I was/have been considering moving to Cpig or LilMac or another low content person all day because I'm trying to balance my belief in your scumminess with my desire not to make a Day 1 mistake that removes someone that's actually playing.

Since then CPig has only gotten scummier, with his second drive by vote and continued refusal to produce content...which have been the straws that have broke the terrier's back

Lets say you know that I am town and that merk is town. What does this do to the landscape of the game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We have 10 more pages than the other thread.

We are the good thread.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The mighty Achaeans sat at war council,
Agamemnon, King of them all,
War leader and warrior of brutish strength
spoke loud and clear

"Brave warriors all, the Gods will be with us this day
We will gather on the plain, and take these worthless Trojan lives"
Zeus, king of all gods watched over them as they prepared
and Hera readied her spear.

Priam, King of the Trojans also conferred
His advisers all counselling a different course of action.
"The Greeks are here, let us meet their bronze spears
Let us weather their puny slingstones.
Let us show them what it means to be a Son of Troy.
Aphrodite preserve us!" Priam intoned.

The first battle of Troy was about to begin.

The Achaeans are attacking the Battle Plain on Day 1
:helladid:
code:
Achaeans
Back: TheNabster, Capitalist Pig, Verr
Front: Giuseppe, Merk, Little Mac
                  VS
Front: Lumpen, imgay, tithin
Back: Power of Pecota, Amoeba, Bifauxnen
Trojans
:horse:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's why I liked last game. Capps and I were kings and we both easily lead our threads in post count. This is fun too tho, I just wonder what will happen when Keane comes in and takes charge (he will have to eventually I think, we are the Messing Around Thread, after all)

Yup, I enjoyed it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mithross (4): HiipFire, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, CapitalistPig, HiipFire, TMMadman, HiipFire
EccoRaven (3): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, merk, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, CapitalistPig
Asiina (2): Verr, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, FoxTerrier
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): FoxTerrier, TheNabster, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, FoxTerrier
King Burgundy (1): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Rarity
HiipFire (0): merk, merk
Verr (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
CapitalistPig (0): HiipFire, FoxTerrier, FoxTerrier, HiipFire
Little Mac (0): Beetphyxious, Beetphyxious
merk (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Rarity (0): HiipFire, HiipFire

Not Voting (7): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, EccoRaven, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 59 minutes.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Keane is obviously distracted/tired. He isn't taking a very active role. :shrug:

ah, wasn't hating. i thought he was just not telling us the battle setup for fear of scum. which would be bad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, Rarity leaving her vote on KB is kind of irritating, but I still think she is town. I'm not sure about KB and I'd be willing to lynch him, but I'm not really sure I'd like it. Although I guess it would give us some shape on the Ecco argument which would be nice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
okay here are my current thoughts.

I reread how battles work in this game. There is no HP, there are no "offensive skills," literally everyone in both threads who has said "I have some good debuffs" is MISTAKEN (myself included). Debuffs are attacks. AFAIK they're not permanent between battles (unless you get WOUNDED status), which makes them like debuffs, but it's the game's proxy for offensive attacks.

Since there are no true offensive attacks, just "debuffs," we're in a situation where nobody should die from today's battle. Only three players on our side at most are going to receive the "Wounded" status as a result of some weird Combat Strength comparisons. Presumably, if someone is "wounded" twice they die, but, otherwise nobody should die from today's battle. This is a huge departure from Tao's game (which makes me wonder why busb kept an HP-esque system in place at all but I digress), or any of the previous soldiers games for that matter. Or, more importantly, my game.

This makes me think that it's actually bad to put lurkers into battle, because not only would it not be assured that they'd actually die (which is the main reason to put them in), but it's not like they can "attack" someone on our side or anything. all they can do, at worst, as far as I know is debuff our Combat Skill.

This makes me think we really should be voting out lurkers instead of active players, too, since there's not an easy way to "deal" with them. It may be unpalatable and frustrating but putting active players in the battle keeps them in the game longer while also helps hold them accountable once we figure out who is getting wounded, etc. Putting lurkers as execution candidates keeps them out of the game and the battle system.

The majority (if not entirety) of people who go to battle will come back. This will continue throughout the game, with few casualties until Wounded statuses start to pile up. We need to put active players into the battle because that's the only way we can hold people accountable for what they've done during the battle. It also should probably be similar people each time, trading people out as they die due to nightkills/executions/the rare Wounded->Death status, so we can see what if anything changes between battles.

I know this is at the last hour and it's probably too late but I realized this as I was taking a nap and it woke me up from my slumber.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Ecco's theory is correct.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
haha welp.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lets make it a Mithross Asiina d1 hang! That owns!

##vote Asiina

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Burg, vote out Mithross or Asiina for me will ya?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Lets make it a Mithross Asiina d1 hang! That owns!

##vote Asiina

I'm totally fine with this.

##vote Asiina

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Of course, it's too late for the change now, so lurkers go into the battle.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ecco, remember this for the future. Remember the time that I went against what I believed so that you could have a little more fun. Remember it the next time you get upset about a mafia OP joke. Remember~~~

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote asiina

I just got Star Wars tickets!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Little Mac posted:

##vote asiina

=D

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Lets say you know that I am town and that merk is town. What does this do to the landscape of the game?

Urgh....OK.

If you are town and Merk is town....

I still think your cases on Ecco are bad, so I don't think that necessarily means Ecco is scum. Although it does make it significantly more likely, because it would give your meta and 'gut' reads more weight since they'd be truthful ones.

But if you and Merk's guts are wrong, and three of you are town (e/m/gp), that would mean a hard look at people that bandwagoned onto the ecco votes like Asiina and CPig, and at any posters that gently egged it on without actually throwing down votes.

If Ecco was scum, that might mean look at the same people with suspicion of busing.

Aside from that it's hard to draw too many conclusions, since you and merk's posting and voting have been so centered around Ecco at the exclusion of other players.

Although...merk did recently go on at King Burgandy for being scummy, so it would be worth looking at that harder if I knew he was town.

it would also make it worth me re-examining why you voted Asiina, although iirc you didn't really explain that vote. I should double check, especially since it may bolster my case when I'm currently voting her

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ecco, remember this for the future. Remember the time that I went against what I believed so that you could have a little more fun. Remember it the next time you get upset about a mafia OP joke. Remember~~~

Until I see a town flip from you I'm going to continue to think you unvoted me because I claimed VT. :colbert:

Little Mac posted:

##vote asiina

grats.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

okay here are my current thoughts.

I reread how battles work in this game. There is no HP, there are no "offensive skills," literally everyone in both threads who has said "I have some good debuffs" is MISTAKEN (myself included). Debuffs are attacks. AFAIK they're not permanent between battles (unless you get WOUNDED status), which makes them like debuffs, but it's the game's proxy for offensive attacks.

Since there are no true offensive attacks, just "debuffs," we're in a situation where nobody should die from today's battle. Only three players on our side at most are going to receive the "Wounded" status as a result of some weird Combat Strength comparisons. Presumably, if someone is "wounded" twice they die, but, otherwise nobody should die from today's battle. This is a huge departure from Tao's game (which makes me wonder why busb kept an HP-esque system in place at all but I digress), or any of the previous soldiers games for that matter. Or, more importantly, my game.

This makes me think that it's actually bad to put lurkers into battle, because not only would it not be assured that they'd actually die (which is the main reason to put them in), but it's not like they can "attack" someone on our side or anything. all they can do, at worst, as far as I know is debuff our Combat Skill.

This makes me think we really should be voting out lurkers instead of active players, too, since there's not an easy way to "deal" with them. It may be unpalatable and frustrating but putting active players in the battle keeps them in the game longer while also helps hold them accountable once we figure out who is getting wounded, etc. Putting lurkers as execution candidates keeps them out of the game and the battle system.

The majority (if not entirety) of people who go to battle will come back. This will continue throughout the game, with few casualties until Wounded statuses start to pile up. We need to put active players into the battle because that's the only way we can hold people accountable for what they've done during the battle. It also should probably be similar people each time, trading people out as they die due to nightkills/executions/the rare Wounded->Death status, so we can see what if anything changes between battles.

I know this is at the last hour and it's probably too late but I realized this as I was taking a nap and it woke me up from my slumber.

Hmmm, this is interesting. That is very different from the last one I played in.

However, just so you know, I'm confident based on my own ability that people can die even in their first combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, this is interesting. That is very different from the last one I played in.

However, just so you know, I'm confident based on my own ability that people can die even in their first combat.

okay! that was kinda what I was gonna ask TMM.

still I am not expecting anyone to die from this upcoming battle, if only because what I know about my role + reading other people's claims + reading the rules thread seems like it's not going to happen very often.

• Locked thread