Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Urgh....OK.

If you are town and Merk is town....

I still think your cases on Ecco are bad, so I don't think that necessarily means Ecco is scum. Although it does make it significantly more likely, because it would give your meta and 'gut' reads more weight since they'd be truthful ones.

But if you and Merk's guts are wrong, and three of you are town (e/m/gp), that would mean a hard look at people that bandwagoned onto the ecco votes like Asiina and CPig, and at any posters that gently egged it on without actually throwing down votes.

If Ecco was scum, that might mean look at the same people with suspicion of busing.

Aside from that it's hard to draw too many conclusions, since you and merk's posting and voting have been so centered around Ecco at the exclusion of other players.

Although...merk did recently go on at King Burgandy for being scummy, so it would be worth looking at that harder if I knew he was town.

it would also make it worth me re-examining why you voted Asiina, although iirc you didn't really explain that vote. I should double check, especially since it may bolster my case when I'm currently voting her

Whoah. You seem ridiculously rational. How can you possibly be scum?!

Well, my vote on Asiina was unexplained because it's pure gut and lurker cleanup duty rather than a true suspicion like the one I have on Ecco or you. Still, I feel like I might be wrong about you (but not Ecco) so idk....

To be fair to you all I must disclose that I haven't actually put any effort into scum hunting so far, it has just been, erm, muscle memory of a sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Not Voting (5): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, Mithross, Opopanax

these people are bad people irl. except for keane.

keeeeeaane come back we need you.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

To be fair to you all I must disclose that I haven't actually put any effort into scum hunting so far, it has just been, erm, muscle memory of a sort.
we can tell.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

we can tell.

No u can't! Haha. I am a genius.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Ok here's your original Asiina vote:

Anyway, of those being voted, Ecco remains the best choice but it seems our king is a butt who doesn't know where to find a butt on a man and is therefore into armpit play or something idk, but because of this folly I have to point out that Hiip's vote on Rarity is hilarious and that more ppl should be voting for Asiina so, well, I guess I will ##vote Asiina okay?!

Yeah it doesn't really explain much. I mean, I know why I think Asiina is scummy but I'm not sure from here why you think they are yourself.

So if I was looking at this under the lens of you being town, I don't know what conclusion I'd be supposed to draw other than you also have/have had suspicions on them. That would help confirm my own suspicions and make me feel stronger bout my own vote, but beyond that idk.

Not a drastic change of the game landscape there

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I was supposed to go out to dinner with MY ROOMMATE but she seems to have disappeared. so it looks like I'll be here for deadline, though I'm all dressed up and ready to go so I might pop away suddenly.

I think some more people should vote for Asiina and Mithross. I think that's a very okay way to go about things.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's really not so tough to play mafia. You just read the posts and type your kneejerk reactions out and it sometimes surprises people into saying dumb things and then maybe later you can put some thoughts together about the game and easily solve it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

Not Voting (5): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, Mithross, Opopanax

these people are bad people irl. except for keane.

keeeeeaane come back we need you.

im here, im watching im deciding. i didn't like the vote on you, i don't like the vote on mithross for reasons i've stated earlier. i'm weighin up asiina in that case but i'm not really sure what the case was

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but that vote doesn't help you else if you're tired with mithross

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I was supposed to go out to dinner with MY ROOMMATE but she seems to have disappeared. so it looks like I'll be here for deadline, though I'm all dressed up and ready to go so I might pop away suddenly.

I think some more people should vote for Asiina and Mithross. I think that's a very okay way to go about things.

Well, it's up to the people who haven't voted yet. I don't think the three votes on you are going to move, maybe KB, but since you've been the at 3 the longest and he thinks you're scum he might keep his vote there. Merk said he won't change and Asiina is gone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i said i didn't want to vote mithross because they've claimed strong combat ability. we ain't testing them in combat so would we risk getting rid of a town asset?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Whoah. You seem ridiculously rational. How can you possibly be scum?!

Well, my vote on Asiina was unexplained because it's pure gut and lurker cleanup duty rather than a true suspicion like the one I have on Ecco or you. Still, I feel like I might be wrong about you (but not Ecco) so idk....

It's true I am a giant rational sperg. Except when CPig makes me pissy. Then I'm a giant, rational pissy sperg.

And yeah your case on Ecco isn't strong if you remove 'gut,' and there haven't really been any others from you I can think of. It'd be nice if there was more to work with from you, especially since you have a rep as a good scum hunter iirc

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ah gently caress it they haven't bothered to post and i've got to get off to a meeting

##vote mithross

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, you could move to Mithross Ecco and that would move the votes to 4-4 and put you out of plurality range.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Okay well, don't be mean to me about this or anything, but the thing of it is the Philadelphia Eagles are about to start playing and as a diehard fan I kinda gotta go watch that instead of the whole casing and destroying scum phenomenon I'm known to exhibit from time to time. Alrighty then?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Well, it's up to the people who haven't voted yet. I don't think the three votes on you are going to move, maybe KB, but since you've been the at 3 the longest and he thinks you're scum he might keep his vote there. Merk said he won't change and Asiina is gone.

Aw poo poo. That's right. I forgot she was gone.

Voting her without giving her a chance to claim might be a bad idea. But otoh there's nobody else I want to switch for.

Unless someone can sell me on there being someone scummier than Asiina who's actually around to defend themselves?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Burg, vote out Mithross or Asiina for me will ya?

Mmmm, I'd rather not. I'm going to be so mad if Ecco is in fact scum and she managed to get out of a cuddle by being reasonable, which she has said before is her way of getting out of cuddles as scum.

FWIW, it doesn't appear to matter anymore as my vote isn't necessary to get your desired outcome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FoxTerrier posted:

Aw poo poo. That's right. I forgot she was gone.

Voting her without giving her a chance to claim might be a bad idea. But otoh there's nobody else I want to switch for.

Unless someone can sell me on there being someone scummier than Asiina who's actually around to defend themselves?

I don't know really. I think Mithross should be one of the lynches for sure. I get that life gets busy, but I think someone should still be able to make more than 2 posts in over 2 days, even if it's a flurry of posts in a span of 20-30 minutes.

I was just thinking that I'm not really sure if I like the Asiina lynch, but the only person I think would be a better option would be KB because it would give shape to some of the whole ecco thing. Lynching Asiina gives us a bit of it as well, but I don't think it's as much info as we'd get from KB.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I don't know really. I think Mithross should be one of the lynches for sure. I get that life gets busy, but I think someone should still be able to make more than 2 posts in over 2 days, even if it's a flurry of posts in a span of 20-30 minutes.

I was just thinking that I'm not really sure if I like the Asiina lynch, but the only person I think would be a better option would be KB because it would give shape to some of the whole ecco thing. Lynching Asiina gives us a bit of it as well, but I don't think it's as much info as we'd get from KB.

How do you think a kb flip would inform the Ecco thing?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

This is weird and I disagree with it. How on earth would cuddling me help more than cuddling Ecco? You guys are on me for not putting enough solid scum/town calls out there, so there isn't much to be gained from my flip either way. And the only people interested in voting me have been you, rarity and ecco. Ecco meanwhile has been the nexus of everything over the last few days. She's made multiple calls of scum on folks and lots of people are on the record for how they feel about her.

I feel like your post holds no water, logically.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm using wifi at a truck stop on the highway.

I'm the cop you dumb motherfuckers.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

whelp

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote hiipfire NEXT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote Hiipfire

Hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
keane did you see the stuff I wrote (I know you did this is just me being polite)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey, I was going to unvote but realized I'm on Mithross.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am not moving my vote.

Okay back on the road.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##vote Hiipfire

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote hiipfire

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This is weird and I disagree with it. How on earth would cuddling me help more than cuddling Ecco? You guys are on me for not putting enough solid scum/town calls out there, so there isn't much to be gained from my flip either way. And the only people interested in voting me have been you, rarity and ecco. Ecco meanwhile has been the nexus of everything over the last few days. She's made multiple calls of scum on folks and lots of people are on the record for how they feel about her.

I feel like your post holds no water, logically.

Because I think Ecco is town and I'm not so sure about you. What's so difficult to understand?

And why are you so self-conscious about the bolded part. That's a very weird thing to say and it seems like your actively concerned that nothing is gained from your flip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Because I think Ecco is town and I'm not so sure about you. What's so difficult to understand?

And why are you so self-conscious about the bolded part. That's a very weird thing to say and it seems like your actively concerned that nothing is gained from your flip.

Madman. You are the person that said that more information would be gained from my flip. I am countering your argument. Rather than weirdly try to turn it on me, please explain yourself. How would it provide more information?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Madman. You are the person that said that more information would be gained from my flip. I am countering your argument. Rather than weirdly try to turn it on me, please explain yourself. How would it provide more information?

Once again, why are you concerned that nothing is gained from your flip?

I think we learn whether Ecco was being sincere or not in her case against you and thus we can use that as a yardstick to measure her cases and arguments against merk and diqnol.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Right now it's reading like you are deliberately holding back opinions on people so that nobody can gain any information from your flip and that concerns me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Once again, why are you concerned that nothing is gained from your flip?

I think we learn whether Ecco was being sincere or not in her case against you and thus we can use that as a yardstick to measure her cases and arguments against merk and diqnol.

I'm not concerned. That was a response to your post. I was showing you, logically, how what you said didn't make sense. You still haven't addressed that, but whatever, gotta hop in the car now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't really matter though because my whole point is that I don't want to hang Ecco because I think she is town and ultimately I think we would get more information from your flip than from Asiina's.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I guess if it's between HiipFire and Mithross I'd rather go with Hiip, since he actually posted some poo poo we can look at after the flip.

Not that it matters at this point, deals pretty much done ##vote Hiipfire

Hipp you here? You wanna say anything?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if I unvote hiipfire I can die today.

ninja: aw nerts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*ungirds armor, removes helmet, spits into dirt*

if the scum have any honor they will kill me tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:redhammer:

Final Votecount for Day 1

HiipFire (5): merk, merk, EccoRaven, CCKeane, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Little Mac, FoxTerrier
Mithross (4): HiipFire, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, CapitalistPig, HiipFire, TMMadman, HiipFire, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Beetphyxious
EccoRaven (3): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, merk, merk, Asiina, TMMadman, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, merk, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk, CapitalistPig
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (1): FoxTerrier, TheNabster, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, FoxTerrier
King Burgundy (1): Asiina, Asiina, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Rarity
Asiina (1): Verr, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, FoxTerrier, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, EccoRaven, Little Mac, FoxTerrier, EccoRaven, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, Little Mac
Verr (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
CapitalistPig (0): HiipFire, FoxTerrier, FoxTerrier, HiipFire
Little Mac (0): Beetphyxious, Beetphyxious
merk (0): EccoRaven, EccoRaven
Rarity (0): HiipFire, HiipFire

Not Voting (3): bowmore, Mithross, Opopanax

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Day 1 is Double Plurality!

• Locked thread