Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Eh I wasn't impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_1T4ilm8M

Was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Fandango was so not ready for this lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

zakharov posted:

Fandango was so not ready for this lol

It's just a low rent sci-fi movie, whose gonna want to buy advance tickets?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Every Star Wars movie has had something that looked like the Death Star.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Are there any sick rad showings that warrant purchasing tickets early or is this goons?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I liked that quote juxtaposed with the shot they had of the nazistormtrooper gathering with the huge naziimperial banner.

Darth Hitler and his cool mask are gonna kill lots of jewsjedi

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Back to this Kylo idolizing Vader - clearly he doesn't know that Vader nixed the Emperor and crossed over to the good side of the Force. Do Siths not have the ability to appear ghostlike and be recognizable to the living like Yoda, Kenobi and Anakin were to Luke? Would Anakin be able to reappear to Kylo and say 'You got this all wrong'?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Looks an awful lot like Chewie that Ridley's crying over.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Rip Testes posted:

Kylo says he's going to finish what Vader started. What did Vader start? Why isn't he obsessing over the Emperor instead? Because nothing was left of the Emperor? And if Vader's mask fell into the hand of the remnants of the Empire, did that mean Luke left his father's helmet back on Endor and the Empire went apeshit on the Ewoks of Endor and picked up Vader's plastic remains?

Vader gives Luke his mission statement in Empire: To "end this destructive conflict... and bring order to the galaxy." That might even be how he sees it himself. Anakin says similar things in the PT.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Blacks Suns crime gang confirmed! I took a look at the flags where flip-phone droid is and the white one at the top had the black sun insignia on it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jivjov posted:

Did you make that gif? If so, could you make one of the jumping-to-lightspeed bit? I would be eternally grateful.

Sure. I'm making a few in a bit. Just wanted to get that flickering Kylo Ren shot online first :D

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Looks like Cinemark is now dead if you were planning to go that route

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
edit: misread

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are there any sick rad showings that warrant purchasing tickets early or is this goons?

This is 'if you don't buy them now, don't expect to see it for a week after release"

I'm sure they'll be available for a few showings a day after the first few days, depending on theater, but Thu/Fri/Sat? Good luck.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AfroLine posted:

i can't believe we got to see hoth, yavin 4 and forest moon of endor once again

You forgot not tatooine too.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

It is funny that immediately after this trailer, my text messages started buzzing with "so, opening night?"

Star Wars owns a little sentimental part of all of our souls.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

that wasn't tatooine

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cinemark's website worked fine for me. So, just try the proprietary site for whatever theater you want to go to.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iSheep posted:

I want to know more about the guy with the giant cricket bat.

I hope he's the best no name goon.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Rip Testes posted:

Back to this Kylo idolizing Vader - clearly he doesn't know that Vader nixed the Emperor and crossed over to the good side of the Force. Do Siths not have the ability to appear ghostlike and be recognizable to the living like Yoda, Kenobi and Anakin were to Luke? Would Anakin be able to reappear to Kylo and say 'You got this all wrong'?

Those are the only three that we know can force ghost. Qui-gon (the first to learn how) could project voice, but not an image. Unless you were on Mortis. The Sith never learned how to Force Ghost, at least in canon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Denver Drafthouse is dead.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

teagone posted:

Sure. I'm making a few in a bit. Just wanted to get that flickering Kylo Ren shot online first :D

A thousand thanks

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

shoplifter posted:

Those are the only three that we know can force ghost. Qui-gon could project voice, but not an image. Unless you were on Mortis.

Yeah, only by accepting the concept of death and becoming one with the Force could you become a ghost. Palpatine's whole thing was trying to stop death and live forever, so he's out.

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

are they supposed to have planets with giant purple mushrooms and blue cat women?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hi liter posted:

So is Han gonna be the Obi-Wan figure for this trilogy? Old wise figure/supernatural aid who will bite it?

Seems likely.

I hope they drop a moon on him, but Chewie survives. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

VaultAggie posted:

Blacks Suns crime gang confirmed! I took a look at the flags where flip-phone droid is and the white one at the top had the black sun insignia on it.

You mean this?

That is the symbol on Boba Fett's Shoulderpad.

Its usually considered a Mandalorian symbol, Black Sun's logo looks like this:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What ever came up the rumored original theatrical version released on Blu - Ray.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mandalore would be a rad locale for this movie.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pn4bTAQWA

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Who was getting their brain melted by Kylo Ren? That was a weird bit.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

computer parts posted:

Seems likely.

I hope they drop a moon on him, but Chewie survives. :allears:

Just before the moon hits, this happens:
https://youtu.be/Z4CtXcjib4o?t=1h20m15s

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Aren't they just mercenaries

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Also - anyone guess that Daisy Ridley is gonna be at least part Tuskan raider? If not then first.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A+

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You mean this?

That is the symbol on Boba Fett's Shoulderpad.

Its usually considered a Mandalorian symbol, Black Sun's logo looks like this:

drat, yeah you're right. I recognized that insignia from the X-wing mini games on some of the expansion set and thought it was black suns. Still neat though.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

That's the Mandalorian insignia you philistine

e:f;b

Anakin's podracing banner is in there too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Han talks about the Dark Side, Jedi, etc, being stories so I guess Luke did not go ahead and start a new Jedi Order.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Some gifs I've made:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Who was getting their brain melted by Kylo Ren? That was a weird bit.

Poe Dameron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jivjov posted:

Did you make that gif? If so, could you make one of the jumping-to-lightspeed bit? I would be eternally grateful.

[edit]

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread