Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
theres a cult of the damned, but they follow the lich king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So you can only recruit on even nights Quid?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

So you can only recruit on even nights Quid?

Also, who did you target last night?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, just to be complete on your claim, what's your race and faction alignment?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is any of this influenced by your opinion yesterday that we should lynch PMush to help her out?

No, pmush seems to be back in the game today

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Quidnose posted:

What are the cultists who exist in WoW, I can't remember. Are they Burning Legion?

Cults could either be Cult of the Damned (followers of the Lich King/Kel'Thuzad) or Cult of Twilight's Hammer (followers of Cho'Gall/the Old Gods).

The flavor's pretty inconsequential at this point.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Well that explains why Quid was so adamant about TNL being 3P, because he knew there was a 3P role in the game.

Quid, what is your win con?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
recruit me yo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also wasnt the burning crusade something in wow

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Human Priest, Alliance Aligned, I win when threats to the town are eliminated.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Also, who did you target last night?

You are being Mr. Nosy McGee. I was roleblocked, why do you care what I did?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Cults could either be Cult of the Damned (followers of the Lich King/Kel'Thuzad) or Cult of Twilight's Hammer (followers of Cho'Gall/the Old Gods).

The flavor's pretty inconsequential at this point.

So Burning Legion aren't a cult?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Well that explains why Quid was so adamant about TNL being 3P, because he knew there was a 3P role in the game.

Quid, what is your win con?

I did not know there was a 3P at all. My assumption was I was looking for scum because as soon as I saw Horde/Alliance didn't matter I figured there was another "faction" who was the scumteam.

I thought TNL was 3p because he was not making any hard alignment calls on anyone but me (and that was half-assed) and PMush, kind of. It was very much survivor play in my mind.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

I did not know there was a 3P at all. My assumption was I was looking for scum because as soon as I saw Horde/Alliance didn't matter I figured there was another "faction" who was the scumteam.

I thought TNL was 3p because he was not making any hard alignment calls on anyone but me (and that was half-assed) and PMush, kind of. It was very much survivor play in my mind.

So you think the scum team is actually the cult?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you think the scum team is actually the cult?

I don't really know. My role PM is ambiguous as to if I am looking for a team or a single person who can recruit or what. It doesn't name a faction, just "cultist."

With so many janitored flips, I'm not really sure.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on if we've got a Legion aligned player, a cop who says he copped a dead player as Legion aligned, a cop who says shes copped someone as EVIL and some kind of cult.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on if we've got a Legion aligned player, a cop who says he copped a dead player as Legion aligned, a cop who says shes copped someone as EVIL and some kind of cult.

Why are you saying this now? Earlier today you were rapid fire grilling me about my role and now that I've answered you you're shrugging your shoulders and going meh? That's weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Why are you saying this now? Earlier today you were rapid fire grilling me about my role and now that I've answered you you're shrugging your shoulders and going meh? That's weird.

Cause your claim makes things odd and I'm trying to puzzle it out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Also my rapid fire thing is just me typing out a quick sentence and hitting submit then realizing I should have said more, but don't want to edit (even if I ninja edit) on my phone so I just quickly push out the next thought. I know it can come as grilling and I'm sorry about that, but it's not meant to be taken that way.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm happy with my vote.

Cpig & TMM, remaining scum~

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I'm happy with my vote.

Cpig & TMM, remaining scum~

So where's your cult member?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm....

TMMadman posted:

Oh hey, welcome to the party FV. Have fun with it all.

Btw, FV, if you to turn out to be scum this game I'm going to be so mad at you because right now you are like the towniest looking person in the game right now. :ssj:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I just finished the Quid/TNL "discussion". I think my brain exploded.

You won't be mad, don't worry.

FV are you a cultist?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So where's your cult member?

Don't know, don't care for right now. If I live, I can try to recruit someone after we oust the roleblocker and maybe we get lucky. Until that point I'm concerned with finding scum because as far as we know the cult isn't killing anyone, scum are.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And maybe the Legion faction is the cult and that's who I want to oust, anywhere! Nowhere in my role PM does it say "you win when the cult is eliminated," I win when all threats are gone. So gently caress this cult bullshit for now, I think you're a scumbo, I am voting for you. Cpig next~

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Hmm....

FV are you a cultist?

No.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

And maybe the Legion faction is the cult and that's who I want to oust, anywhere! Nowhere in my role PM does it say "you win when the cult is eliminated," I win when all threats are gone. So gently caress this cult bullshit for now, I think you're a scumbo, I am voting for you. Cpig next~

Well I can tell you that I'm not scum or the cult. I'll full claim it now if you'd like, but I'm not sure it will change your mind.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Well I can tell you that I'm not scum or the cult. I'll full claim it now if you'd like, but I'm not sure it will change your mind.

Actually, I'm going to do it anyway because I'm amused by my breadcrumb that I setup specifically for claiming. I basically full claimed in my confirmation post here:

TMMadman posted:

So, do we all run fast or is it just me?

I am a vanilla dwarf hero. Now, the dwarf part is obvious, but whole run fast thing is a reference to imgay in the Planescape game where his role was Sonic and he was vanilla. Several people in this game, including imgay, should be able to confirm that he was Sonic and was vanilla in that game.

So now who do you think is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Alliance aligned.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why did you feel the need to breadcrumb your vanilla town role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Why did you feel the need to breadcrumb your vanilla town role.

Because I tend to get called out a lot during D1 and also play aggressively, so I wanted something to point at when I inevitably needed to claim. Plus, I'm just amused by breadcrumbs and while I don't usually do it as vanilla, that one was way to easy to pass up as a way to reference vanilla and put in my race name all in the same post.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

I think its ridiculous that you are still on me with that weak rear end non case and whats worse is now you are trying to set up chain lynches.

##vote quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I think its ridiculous that you are still on me with that weak rear end non case and whats worse is now you are trying to set up chain lynches.

##vote quidnose

Jumping at low hanging fruit: I never said that we should vote you AFTER TMM flips scum, just that I think you are also a valid candidate. The fact that you are presenting this as a chain cuddle is a really scummy reaction.

Your entire vote on me is an incredibly scummy reaction. Thanks for the confirmation~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Because I tend to get called out a lot during D1 and also play aggressively, so I wanted something to point at when I inevitably needed to claim. Plus, I'm just amused by breadcrumbs and while I don't usually do it as vanilla, that one was way to easy to pass up as a way to reference vanilla and put in my race name all in the same post.

I think that's a really lousy bradcrumb that doesn't really help you at all, sorry buddy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

Jumping at low hanging fruit: I never said that we should vote you AFTER TMM flips scum, just that I think you are also a valid candidate. The fact that you are presenting this as a chain cuddle is a really scummy reaction.

Your entire vote on me is an incredibly scummy reaction. Thanks for the confirmation~

Sorry about how wrong you are.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I think that's a really lousy bradcrumb that doesn't really help you at all, sorry buddy.

Of course you think it's lousy because you want to believe I'm scum. It's a simple, yet effective reference for several players in the game and effectively gives my race name all in one little post. Imo, it's the perfect breadcrumb.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to figure out how to use the ship yard

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Of course you think it's lousy because you want to believe I'm scum. It's a simple, yet effective reference for several players in the game and effectively gives my race name all in one little post. Imo, it's the perfect breadcrumb.

Breadcrumbs are, for the most part, incredibly useless, and only become KIND OF helpful when used in conjunction with night results in a subtle way for players to reference afterwards. This almost never works, though.

So breadcrumbing your VANILLA FLAVOR? Pardon me if I don't believe you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Breadcrumbs are, for the most part, incredibly useless, and only become KIND OF helpful when used in conjunction with night results in a subtle way for players to reference afterwards. This almost never works, though.

So breadcrumbing your VANILLA FLAVOR? Pardon me if I don't believe you.

Then you will soon learn a lesson about me. :)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Pardon me for interrupting the TMMadman sanctimony hour, but Quid's right on this one.

Vanillas can't confirm anything by themselves. If they could, they wouldn't be vanilla. Breadcrumbing vanilla only confirms that you put some amount of thought into potentially having to claim vanilla. It says nothing about your actual role nor alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
quid is a good guy dont vote for him

• Locked thread