Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
If the site remains down, they could always use their tumblr blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Apparently XSEED is bringing Xanadu Next, Shinovi Versus and Little King's Story to PC next year:

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/654735467540144128

Xanadu Next looks interesting, for one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cold Steel story trailer:
https://youtu.be/xbExi37JmT0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CrookedB posted:

Apparently XSEED is bringing Xanadu Next, Shinovi Versus and Little King's Story to PC next year:

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/654735467540144128

Xanadu Next looks interesting, for one.

Xanadu Next is loving rad as gently caress.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

Xanadu Next is loving rad as gently caress.

Not sure if it's more rad than Tokyo Xanadu, though...

Well, it is kinda early to be announcing Tokyo Xanadu for America anyway. Hasn't even been out a month, doubt XSEED has anything on it yet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Whether Tokyo Xanadu is radder or not depends on whether you can progress by carving the bones of your enemies into keys to open locked doors.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Motto posted:

Cold Steel story trailer:
https://youtu.be/xbExi37JmT0

Awesome, but...
...No SC news?! :'(

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
You're free to destroy Cake Attack if you like.

Knowing XSEED, they might just announce it as soon as they get the go ahead from Sony, and release it right after or something.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Supremezero posted:

You're free to destroy Cake Attack if you like.

Knowing XSEED, they might just announce it as soon as they get the go ahead from Sony, and release it right after or something.

Don't kill him until we know for sure he's not gonna do an LP of SC, okay? I really enjoyed his work on the first game. :haw:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
SC is going to be digital only, right? If so they lose all of nothing from a low noise release. Don't need to bother with distribution or assembling a bunch of cheap plastic into a box and calling it collector with limited pre-orders. Can pretty much advertise post-release with no loss.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Erpy posted:

Don't kill him until we know for sure he's not gonna do an LP of SC, okay? I really enjoyed his work on the first game. :haw:

We'll just dig him up when the time comes.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Decus posted:

SC is going to be digital only, right? If so they lose all of nothing from a low noise release. Don't need to bother with distribution or assembling a bunch of cheap plastic into a box and calling it collector with limited pre-orders. Can pretty much advertise post-release with no loss.

Yeah, digital only. Much as I wish a boxed release of a decent PC release I worked on could happen someday, admittedly... and obviously a physical PSP release is pretty much right out at this point. That would just lose money massively.

But you're right, pretty much. People might recall that most of XSEED's PC releases besides Trails were announced all of a week before they came out, basically from left field. It didn't really harm those releases at all either.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
CAKE ATTAAAAAAAACKK! :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack lied, Falcom thread died

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Saralene posted:

Yeah, digital only. Much as I wish a boxed release of a decent PC release I worked on could happen someday, admittedly... and obviously a physical PSP release is pretty much right out at this point. That would just lose money massively.

I've mentioned this elsewhere a good while back, but the funny thing with a physical PC release is that the manufacturing isn't the problem. Manufacturing could be done really inexpensively, even for a good-looking package. DVDs, in particular, cost nothing to press.

It's getting it sold that provides the challenge. Unless your name is Activision-Blizzard, retailers basically refuse to carry your PC products anymore. There'd just be no way to get stores to carry the release in any number. They'd have to sit on tons of copies for online orders... and if you're getting it online, then, welp.

Meanwhile I liked the story trailer well enough, but some of the reactions I've seen elsewhere have been hilarious. If you're incapable of telling that Sara is making a joke when talking about Class VII, and are complaining about that line being some kind of "translation error", you probably aren't really in a position to judge if the dub is good or not. Just a thought.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Meanwhile I liked the story trailer well enough, but some of the reactions I've seen elsewhere have been hilarious. If you're incapable of telling that Sara is making a joke when talking about Class VII, and are complaining about that line being some kind of "translation error", you probably aren't really in a position to judge if the dub is good or not. Just a thought.

i was going to say there's no way anyone is that detached from the idea of humor, and then i read the vita thread

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'm pretty sure the vita thread is stuck in a perpetual state of broken disappointment

I know I am whenever I look at my vita

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hivac posted:

I'm pretty sure the vita thread is stuck in a perpetual state of broken disappointment

I know I am whenever I look at my vita

When I look at my Vita, I see P4G. So I'm okay, I suppose.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I bought my Vita purely for P4G, and was not disappointed. Everything after that is just a bonus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Supremezero posted:

When I look at my Vita, I see P4G. So I'm okay, I suppose.

I look at mine and see boobs. That's okay too.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Hey! Ys Seven is on sale on the psn store for 6 bucks! Does it work on PSTV? Is it good?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Isn't Memories of Celceta a remake of 7?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Really Pants posted:

No, of 4. Seven is just Seven.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Overbite posted:

Hey! Ys Seven is on sale on the psn store for 6 bucks! Does it work on PSTV? Is it good?

Ys Seven is very good, yes. It's a bit different from the Oath engine games, though. It introduced the party system (which Falcom would improve with Celceta), where you control a party of three characters; managing your party is pretty important, since damage types make a return. As a bonus: you get to play AS Dogi.

Really Pants posted:

No, Memories of Celceta is a remake of 4.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

King of Solomon posted:

Ys Seven is very good, yes. It's a bit different from the Oath engine games, though. It introduced the party system (which Falcom would improve with Celceta), where you control a party of three characters; managing your party is pretty important, since damage types make a return. As a bonus: you get to play AS Dogi.

You could've just said that and ended your reasoning there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm hesitant to play the party games because gearing six people sounds like a nightmare and I didn't understand 7's crafting/upgrade system at all

i guess I could swap equipment around.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that's pretty much what you have to do. You craft only three sets of armor and swap them around. A lot of times you'll get a free one in a chest for whatever the current best one is as well.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
QA on the PC version of Trails in the Sky FC has been over for a while. The PC version is still getting aesthetic tweaks and minor fixes. That still means nothing for the release date, though (giving an estimated release date is just asking for the Curse of Kiseki to smite you). (source)

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, that's about what I figured. The PC version will almost definitely go up whenever Sony finishes doing what they need to do to approve the PSN release. It'd be silly for them to give a release date when they're both likely to release right away--due to losing nothing from it--and when "right away" is not in their direct control.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Reposting this from the Ys Origin thread but Falcom JDK Band goes live on Falcom's channel in less than an hour if you want to listen to some sick Falcom tracks.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Thanks for letting us know, watching this with my friends right now.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
That concert was ok but I was expecting a lot more since the previous shows they did. Theta didn't take off very well and the idol group was a bit of a mess also the chat spammed Remove Kondo a bunch. They played Go Fight at the end. Trip report over.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:stare:
Just completed Chapter 2 of Trails in the Sky, and drat did it get intense at the end.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The Ruan chapter? Yeah, this is where things start picking up. There's a slight lull again once you reach Zeiss, but then the rollercoaster ride starts and won't stop, ever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

On my first playthrough of tits should i not care about all the missable quests and items the game seems to have and just play it?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Do you really want to disappoint your dad that much

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Erpy posted:

The Ruan chapter? Yeah, this is where things start picking up. There's a slight lull again once you reach Zeiss, but then the rollercoaster ride starts and won't stop, ever.

Yeah, stuff is starting to rumble in the background, but I was mostly talking about (spoiled for VC) the confrontation with the Mayor. The hypnosis or whatever made Don pretty bloodthirsty, but man, the mayor talking about dumping your mangled corpses in the river and considering with pleasure the prospect of popping the party in the face one by one was something else.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

On my first playthrough of tits should i not care about all the missable quests and items the game seems to have and just play it?

yeah

you can get 95% of the stuff just by checking the board and then doing those sidequests regularly and the other 5% doesn't matter much

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Don't care because there's no way anyone's finding all the chapters in the book quest their first time. If you're really thorough, doing all the quests/hidden quests is possible but there's no way you'll get the maximum amount of bracer points or whatever the game calls it. Don't stress about it and just enjoy playing the game.

There's always new game+ that will let you breeze through the game doing only scripted fights if you want to play through it again to find all the stuff you missed originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Volt Catfish posted:

You get a pretty awesome scene near the very end of the game if you have muck up literally every important decision and miss every sidequest there is, but you get so little wiggle room here that it's pretty much impossible to mess up that much by accident and you'll feel the lack of money throughout pretty much the whole game.

Anyway, yeah, go for it. Aside from a handful of hidden sidequests, most sidequests are listed on the board at the local guild and as long as you make sure you always do the quests with a "(Short)"-indicator behind them before continuing on with the plot, you'll get enough Bracer Points to get all the rank rewards. The hidden sidequests and Carnelia books (which get you a unique weapon near the end) are optional and difficult to get without talking to everyone in the region after every plot event. (which comes with its own spiritual rewards in the sense of world building, but it's probably not something I'd recommend if this is your first playthrough)

quote:

Yeah, stuff is starting to rumble in the background, but I was mostly talking about (spoiled for VC) the confrontation with the Mayor. The hypnosis or whatever made Don pretty bloodthirsty, but man, the mayor talking about dumping your mangled corpses in the river and considering with pleasure the prospect of popping the party in the face one by one was something else.

Yeah, that was pretty intense. What was equally interesting was Joshua's reaction when things were getting desperate.

During one of my later playthroughs, I noticed a cutesy little detail during the part where Estelle, Joshua and Kloe rushed to the dock to catch up with the mayor. Instead of losing time running down the stairs, our three characters jump down the ramp. The atlethic Estelle and Joshua jump over the railing in single leap, but the slightly less nimble Kloe first jumps on top of the railing before jumping down.

I love that Falcom puts in little character-related details like that, especially since this detail was barely visible at all before widescreen got implemented.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 20, 2015

• Locked thread