Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

OxMan posted:

Number 1 in the hood, G.

If they'd do a Aqua Teen x Classic Playstation mashup I'd upgrade I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Harlock posted:

Kojima is no longer an employee of Konami.

Yeah I googled and apparently he was out of the office around October 9th.

How long til he does a kickstarter? Or get picked up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

His non-compete clause is up in December.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So are all headsets poo poo? Because that's kinda the sense I'm getting from these posts :v:

Vita ones are good. Like for $11 really good. No joke.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wish they would redo the Pulse Elites with a higher build quality. All the PS4 headsets feel like crap to me after the PE but I have to treat the drat thing with kid gloves because it'll implode into a million pieces if I don't.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I got the silver ps4 headset for like $17 and it seems drat good for that price (I am wary about it snapping though)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Policenaut posted:

I wish they would redo the Pulse Elites with a higher build quality. All the PS4 headsets feel like crap to me after the PE but I have to treat the drat thing with kid gloves because it'll implode into a million pieces if I don't.

The golds have a really bad build quality too. Which sucks because they sound good and are comfortable.

Does anyone who is playing Wasteland 2 know if the disappearing companion bug from PC persists over to PS4?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 19, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Skeezy posted:

Vita ones are good. Like for $11 really good. No joke.

This is the correct answer. No added horsepower though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am having fun with Dragon Age Inquisition so far. I enjoy games where you own a stronghold and you recruit a bunch of people to your team, do you do that in Witcher 3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am having fun with Dragon Age Inquisition so far. I enjoy games where you own a stronghold and you recruit a bunch of people to your team, do you do that in Witcher 3

no but at least the poo poo you do in witcher actually matters in the game whereas the stronghold is a pointless loading screen theater with a cell phone progress quest app in the middle of it

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

The golds have a really bad build quality too.

People keep saying this but I've had mine since the day they came out and even with daily use mine are still in perfect condition, so YMMV.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

no but at least the poo poo you do in witcher actually matters in the game whereas the stronghold is a pointless loading screen theater with a cell phone progress quest app in the middle of it

You kinda do. Witcher's story is fading from my mind but I think there is one critical scene that turns out a lot better if you make lots of friends.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i was talking about DAI

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

no but at least the poo poo you do in witcher actually matters in the game
Yeah, you do. Doing side missions and responding appropriately gives you extra pals and resources in one key main mission (Battle of Kaer Morhen).

But aside from this, as you said, your actions directly influence the characters and world continuously throughout the game.

I'm playing it right now. Great game despite its issues.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh i missed the recruit part and focused on the stronghold part. you're right

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Policenaut posted:

I sometimes wonder how a super high-end Platinum headset would do. Like, a great-for-the-price $200-300 model with great build quality and sound quality, maybe even actual surround sound.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After about 20 hours with Wasteland 2 I'd give it two thumbs up. It's a lot of fun. Has a bit of a rough start since you'll be fumbling with mechanics a bit, but it's really scratching an itch for me.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
What's the deal with Tales of Zesteria? The only tales games I've played are Xilia 1 and 2. Loved 1, didn't care for 2. Should I get Zesteria?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I played the first 2 uncharted games an unreasonable number of times, and when I heard there'd be a new highest difficulty level in the Nathan Drake Collection, I almost bought it. It was nice of them to make it so you had to play through the games again before you can try the new difficulty. Saving me money on what was undoubtedly a wasteful decision as someone who already owns those games.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 20, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

What's the deal with Tales of Zesteria? The only tales games I've played are Xilia 1 and 2. Loved 1, didn't care for 2. Should I get Zesteria?

It looks like a bad one of those, so maybe not.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dragon Quest Heroes is what I wanted out of DW8 as far as a next gen dynasty warriors title goes. Tons of enemies, silky smooth framerate, and slightly more dynamic combat compared to its predecessors. Really enjoying it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reviews are saying that Zesteria has a lot of very outdated JRPG mechanics that are really annoying. So probably gonna give it a pass.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Japan Zesteria reviews on Amazon and stuff got overwhelmed with complaints about some character and DLC situation I never really understood so it was hard to tell how good or bad it really was.

It's stupid cheap and plentiful used in Japan right now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Whether it's worth playing or not is up to you, but basically it was a case of the developers aiming too high and realizing it too late in development.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zestiria is good and fun and I'm enjoying it. :)

E: also lol at trusting anyone to review an 80 hour JRPG with complex mechanics properly

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 20, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Given that even Xillia had fairly lenient fast travel system, very useful "a skit for every sidequest available" utility and visible monsters I don't know why they would go back to more restricting options, but I didn't play Zestiria, maybe they did. Doubtful, though.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Why is Life is Strange episode 5 only available on EU PSN, rargh. I've bought the NA version and even though I'll not be able to play now because of work I want to set it to download but I can't.

Edit: found a schedule, apparently it releases at 16:01, oh well. Still enough time to start a download before finishing work.

Edit2: PDT is about -10 hours to here, noooooo! It'll be tomorrow almost, if not actually!

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 20, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird going back and playing Uncharted 1. While there are interesting locations there aren't really any set piece moments (there's the jeep escape but that's about it) and the story is pretty thin compared to the later games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For the hell of it I tried some Battlefield 4 in Japan for the first time and hey! It's a bit more fun when you don't have about 350ms lag against everyone else!

Edit: I'm still absolutely awful at it though. I bet you could write a BF4 textbook that just examined everywhere I was and everything I did as an example of where not to be and what not to do.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 20, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

muscles like this? posted:

It's kind of weird going back and playing Uncharted 1. While there are interesting locations there aren't really any set piece moments (there's the jeep escape but that's about it) and the story is pretty thin compared to the later games.

Yeah, the whole game is one unending platform course with periodic breaks to shoot guys. There are barely any puzzles to solve either.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

muscles like this? posted:

It does feel like they were going for the Tomb Raider thing until they realized that set pieces were what made the game fun and switched over to Michael Bay in the second

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Why hasn't Bethesda compiled Skyrim with a bunch of graphics mods for PS4 yet?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Fallout 4?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Because Gamebryo is a piece of poo poo as an engine and it'd take time to un-gently caress that mess into a stable PS4 iteration.

Also this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Maybe they'll port it after all / enough of the bugs are ironed out of the new F4 engine.

The missus has no real interest in Fallout or post apocalypse stuff but loves fantasy settings, so despite them being largely the same she just has this weird disconnect from wanting to play Fallout.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

:gas:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Elder Scrolls Online is probably printing too much money for them to care.

Now that I've bought the game for $20 they'll add a Skyrim expansion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fallout 3 and Skyrim were horribly broken games at launch, so leaning towards really not wanting to bother with Fallout 4 until the game of the year edition with all DLC comes out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've literally never had any of these problems with Bethesda games people always go on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

NESguerilla posted:

I've literally never had any of these problems with Bethesda games people always go on about.

To get real problems you had to do two things 1) Play on the same character/save for a long, long time and 2) Disturb a lot of in-game objects, either by like knocking poo poo off tables for fun or stealing it. Game would try to keep track of all of it so you'd start to get slow down after a long time due to memory leaks. Like I think the save file had to be around 10mb on PS3, maybe 11? Last time I played Oblivion or New Vegas on PS3 they'd only work for about 15~30 minutes before I'd have to save and restart the game if I didn't want to experience a hard lock. I think those saves were both like 70 hours in or more. Had the same poo poo with Fallout 3 but it had more issues with you using DLC items in the regular game areas.

• Locked thread