Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive. We're still getting like 2 or 3 tasks completed in a day and are gradually working up in Rank.

The options would be to not merge or to dissolve one guild and spread the members across multiple guilds. I'm not sure if there is enough free space across all guilds to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I'm on the verge of getting 500 gems, is there a consensus on whether the +100% souls or +100% gold armor is more useful? It's largely academic, since I'm sitting on 5k souls, 50+ keys, and regularly dumping 2-5k into guild missions, I may just get whichever looks cooler.

Much like MMOs, prettiest pixel barbies is what matters. Get what looks best to you.

As for Gem Boys chat, I think we should prune the dead weight and then check again in the Android/Imobiles threads.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Jibo posted:

The options would be to not merge or to dissolve one guild and spread the members across multiple guilds. I'm not sure if there is enough free space across all guilds to do that.

Just checked, and of the 30 members of Gem Blossums only 5 have 10+ days of inactivity. So the third guild would need to have a decent bit of space to absorb all the rest.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Gem Boiz is in the low 300s last I checked; it's pretty slow going at this point. Not that it really matters once you get beyond 5k trophies and hit challenger for max bonus gold.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Well for now I will promote all the goons as high as I can and open it up then.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive. We're still getting like 2 or 3 tasks completed in a day and are gradually working up in Rank.
Gem Boiz has been good to me. I'm up for merging if it comes down to making sure we've got an active guild. I am 14 diamond away from 500. Which armor should I get?

I was doing the invade thing and ran up against a level 1000 dude. Wow.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
You know what else Soothsayer combos well with? Gem creators.

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive.

Just checked, and we've got 9 members with 7 or more days inactive.

Anyways, I'm up for a merger if everyone else is.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'd be down with a merger into Gem Boiz as well. OG Gem Boys has at least one guy with 7 days inactive, so I think Boiz would have enough space to absorb us if we start booting inactives.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I've kicked the inactive people out of the Gem Boiz. We are now currently at 16/30 people.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Obscil posted:

I've kicked the inactive people out of the Gem Boiz. We are now currently at 16/30 people.

I just left Gem Boys. I'll take an invite. Invite code is just "Bandire"

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Bandire posted:

I just left Gem Boys. I'll take an invite. Invite code is just "Bandire"

invite sent.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Invite please for JANNADANIELS

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
E: invite me please. STRONGBAD_1

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 21, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Invite STASISSA please.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Invite DUB C please.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

harmless_fun posted:

Invite please for JANNADANIELS

gromdul posted:

E: invite me please. STRONGBAD_1

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Invite STASISSA please.

Coffeehitler posted:

Invite DUB C please.

Invites sent.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Let me know when OG Gem Boiz starts getting full. I can boot inactive players and make more room in Gem Blossums if there is still demand.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
So uhhh I was in Gem Boiz and regularly contributing/playing and it seems to have dissolved. Can I get an invite back to the reformed one, please?

Invite code: ENDYMION_1

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

a shameful boehner posted:

So uhhh I was in Gem Boiz and regularly contributing/playing and it seems to have dissolved. Can I get an invite back to the reformed one, please?

Invite code: ENDYMION_1

I'm guessing someone accidentally booted you. I've gone ahead and invited you back.

Gem Boiz currently at 22/30 so we've got plenty of room for any other refugees out there.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.
Oh crap, my guild is dissolving around me ( Gem boys ). So I bailed.

Please send an invite to PSIVAMP so I can keep exchanging money for gems and maps.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Gem Boys is merging into Gem Boiz, so someone with invite permissions should invite you soon.

Speaking of, we have quite a few upper rank slots open for promotions. I check in quite a bit for the extra tribute rolls, so I'd be happy to help.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

psivamp posted:

Oh crap, my guild is dissolving around me ( Gem boys ). So I bailed.

Please send an invite to PSIVAMP so I can keep exchanging money for gems and maps.

Invited you.

Bandire posted:

Gem Boys is merging into Gem Boiz, so someone with invite permissions should invite you soon.

Speaking of, we have quite a few upper rank slots open for promotions. I check in quite a bit for the extra tribute rolls, so I'd be happy to help.

I'm happy to invite and buy bonuses but I don't really pay enough attention to make promotion decisions. I'll leave that to the glorious leader.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004
I just stumbled on this thread after playing for about a week. If there's free space in one of the guilds after this shake up I'd appreciate an invite. Invite code is IAN VINCIBLE

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Man, they need to start giving out extra glory if they are going to keep giving out 200+ glory rewards.

I can afford that for one more week and then I'm spent.

ianvincible posted:

I just stumbled on this thread after playing for about a week. If there's free space in one of the guilds after this shake up I'd appreciate an invite. Invite code is IAN VINCIBLE

Got you.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've started just stockpiling glory rather than spending it on treasure maps. I've had to churn through my growing pile of maps to keep up.

Speaking of, the fun is starting to wear off of treasure maps. Once you reach a point where you have the armor you want they really start feeling like a time sink. I've got both 500 gem armors now and have just been blowing gems on Magic Keys.

Whoever said they'd love an option to just cash them in for instant rewards is on to something. Just give me a slot machine pull for a single vault tier reward and I'd be happy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bandire posted:

I've started just stockpiling glory rather than spending it on treasure maps. I've had to churn through my growing pile of maps to keep up.

Speaking of, the fun is starting to wear off of treasure maps. Once you reach a point where you have the armor you want they really start feeling like a time sink. I've got both 500 gem armors now and have just been blowing gems on Magic Keys.

Whoever said they'd love an option to just cash them in for instant rewards is on to something. Just give me a slot machine pull for a single vault tier reward and I'd be happy.

I still enjoy them. It's a nice chill little mini game. I only bought a couple with glory when I was at like 490 gems so I could hurry up and get my first armor. Now I'm almost at 400 gems and I think I might actually just buy the Magic Key pack because I'm happy enough with the armor I have. I also would like to get some better units.

I'm at 4 Jarl Firemanes now with only two other Legendaries pulled, I almost feel like the RNG is weighted in this.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
How many gems do you guys usually pull from a treasure map? I don't think I ever managed more than 4.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Jibo posted:

I still enjoy them. It's a nice chill little mini game. I only bought a couple with glory when I was at like 490 gems so I could hurry up and get my first armor. Now I'm almost at 400 gems and I think I might actually just buy the Magic Key pack because I'm happy enough with the armor I have. I also would like to get some better units.

I'm at 4 Jarl Firemanes now with only two other Legendaries pulled, I almost feel like the RNG is weighted in this.

I think it is worth having both the 500 gem armors. Dragon armor for invasions, Celestial for arena/challenges. I'm considering buying Lion armor at some point because it has the highest +exp at 75% in case they do another exp boot event.

Also, I thought I was done getting stat increases after I hit level 100, but I got another armor point at 150. Does anyone know if that continues at 50 level increments after that?

seravid posted:

How many gems do you guys usually pull from a treasure map? I don't think I ever managed more than 4.

I average a few gems a map, but you tend to get a ton of maps running the standard Alch/Valk/Banshee/+1 team.

Edit to avoid double posting:

I got a four kingdom tribute a couple weeks back. First one I had seen and it was pretty awesome.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 22, 2015

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I have 30+ maps but, at this rate, clearing them would take me a couple weeks and only gain me 100 gems.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Can I get a guild invite if there are any available? My invite code is ACIHO.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wolfsbane posted:

Can I get a guild invite if there are any available? My invite code is ACIHO.

Invited you to Gem Boiz. That puts us at 5 slots left.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have 15,000 sould and 50 keys banked.

Which highest-tier boss and hero cards are worth leveling up?

I have a Hero, Alchemist, Goblin Rocket, Moloch party and a Druid, Alchemist, Valkyrie, Banshee party that I currently alternate.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I like the Trent, Alchemist, Valkyrie, Banshee team. So I spend my souls to level up the kingdom I use. Alchemist is the key to getting the combo going, so I use the new Orc kingdom (R/B). Drake Rider can be used instead of Banshee too, but its not quite as circular.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So apparently the next upcoming patch (1.0.7) is going to be a pretty big overhaul. They're teasing some of the patch changes here:

Preview Part 1
Preview Part 2

I like the new Difficulty Level option, personally.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Wow. Some big changes here. I'm not keen on gold being the way to level up kingdoms; it essentially invalidates souls as an endgame currency, as well as making players choose between their kingdoms and their guild. This new mastery system combined with the new difficulty levels could be bonkers. Having a ~50% mana surge chance on every match will lead to earlier procs of those legendary critters that self-sustain. If it was a race against the clock before it's even more of one now, and then they might have extra armor/health to boot.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Grundulum posted:

Wow. Some big changes here. I'm not keen on gold being the way to level up kingdoms; it essentially invalidates souls as an endgame currency, as well as making players choose between their kingdoms and their guild. This new mastery system combined with the new difficulty levels could be bonkers. Having a ~50% mana surge chance on every match will lead to earlier procs of those legendary critters that self-sustain. If it was a race against the clock before it's even more of one now, and then they might have extra armor/health to boot.

RIP guild tasks.

I just bought the 500 gem soul armor, too. Welp...

If leveling kingdoms is expensive, hopefully people will hoard more gold so invades are worth more.

I really like the new team bonus. Goblin team even more OP now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So if the middle of the road difficulty puts the enemy AI back on an even playing field with the player, then what do the three after it do?

I already feel like the game is weighted away from your colors in the RNG, I can't imagine what else they can do other than straight up giving the computer a better chance of fortuitous cascades or like a total view of all cascades for each move.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The difficulty will remain unchanged unless you want it to.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

gromdul posted:

The difficulty will remain unchanged unless you want it to.

It would be nice to play against a not completely braindead AI in this.

I'm just going to jack it all the way up for best rewards unless it gets really crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Any timeframe for that patch? I guess it is a good time to finish up any kingdom quests you have not finished for a free kingdom level. It sounds like the patch will make the challenges even more worthless.