Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

The super unsatisfying and obvious way they wrote out Peyton last season has only been exacerbated by the absolutely ridiculous way they keep mentioning her while never showing her onscreen this season

2 episodes is not 'this season', and the reason why they keep mentioning her is because she's coming back. Last season Aly Michalka booked a pilot and so whether she would be available for Season 2 was completely up in the air, so they were forced to write her out in such a way that would work with either situation, and there's only so much you can do there. The pilot wasn't picked up, so Peyton will return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009
This show needs to be a textbook case of how to turn a boring as heck character into one of the most compelling I've ever seen on a police procedural. The guy who plays Major is doing a stellar job at expressing using just his eyes his slow descent into death. Only his eyes because apparently the rest of his body and face refuse to demonstrate any other emotion than vague indifference.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who knew this would end up being the best comic book sourced show on television.

That's right, gently caress you AoS and gently caress you Gotham.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
You're not gonna mention Flash? I love that show and iZombie blows it out of the water.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

You're not gonna mention Flash? I love that show and iZombie blows it out of the water.

People seem to think the shows I mention are high art. I mean I love Flash and Arrow but let's not pretend they don't have major flaws.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This show is about a million times better written than Flash and Arrow and I like both those shows. This show is written by people that actually know how to write dialogue, and good dialogue at that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Daredevil exists though?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Who wants more gifs?!

Guys! GUYS!!

Daddy Issues.TXT

I don't know why but this exchange made me laugh harder than anything else this episode:

D'aww.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Watching Rose McIver crush it every single week no matter who she's playing makes me sad about how good Dollhouse could have been if Eliza Dushku could act, even a little

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Soothing Vapors posted:

Watching Rose McIver crush it every single week no matter who she's playing makes me sad about how good Dollhouse could have been if Eliza Dushku could act, even a little

This. Dichen Lachman or Amy Acker should have been Echo. Shame he wanted to make a show with Dushku as the lead bad enough to do it on FOX per her remaining contract, or whatever the reason for going back to FOX was.

Not that the show was bad or anything, it was great when it picked up steam, but she always held it back.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

esperterra posted:

This. Dichen Lachman or Amy Acker should have been Echo. Shame he wanted to make a show with Dushku as the lead bad enough to do it on FOX per her remaining contract, or whatever the reason for going back to FOX was.

Not that the show was bad or anything, it was great when it picked up steam, but she always held it back.

The deal was between Fox and Dushku, not Joss and Fox.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

On the other hand, Dollhouse introduced me to Enver Gjokaj, so I can't be too upset with it.

As much as I like this show, I'm getting a little tired of the "What outrageous personality will Liv assume this week?" bit. I liked it for most of the first season, but it seemed to me like it started off pretty light, just giving her a new quirk or two, but now she basically turns into a carbon copy of whoever she ate. Maybe it would grate on me less if they weren't such over-the-top caricatures.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Senerio posted:

I know, which is why I alluded to her being the star meaning it had to be on FOX, as per her like two show deal of which Tru Calling was one.

E: looking at my last post it literally has the words 'her remaining contract [with FOX]'

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Fenrisulfr posted:

On the other hand, Dollhouse introduced me to Enver Gjokaj, so I can't be too upset with it.

As much as I like this show, I'm getting a little tired of the "What outrageous personality will Liv assume this week?" bit. I liked it for most of the first season, but it seemed to me like it started off pretty light, just giving her a new quirk or two, but now she basically turns into a carbon copy of whoever she ate. Maybe it would grate on me less if they weren't such over-the-top caricatures.

This thing bugged me a bit as well. Most of season 1, the changes would either be very subtle, or she'd at least be aware of and somewhat in control of the impulses to act outside of her normal personality. It might just have been that one of the acquired traits in common to both Racist!Liv and Bro!Liv was a complete lack of self-awareness, so I'm hoping it won't be the trend for the rest of the season.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Slashrat posted:

This thing bugged me a bit as well. Most of season 1, the changes would either be very subtle, or she'd at least be aware of and somewhat in control of the impulses to act outside of her normal personality. It might just have been that one of the acquired traits in common to both Racist!Liv and Bro!Liv was a complete lack of self-awareness, so I'm hoping it won't be the trend for the rest of the season.

IDK, I could be remembering wrong but I seem to remember the personalities being pretty big at the start of S1 and then gradually toning down as things went on the Big Mystery too precedence. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senerio posted:

Correct. By his own admission, at the time of Dollhouse Joss was pretty certain he'd never helm a tv show again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

No posts for tonight's episode yet? Huh.

So did I mishear or is the redhead the bad guy's daughter? (I just realized I don't know either of their names.)

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

So did I mishear or is the redhead the bad guy's daughter? (I just realized I don't know either of their names.)

That's what I took away from it

And holy crap Major just keeps digging his pit deeper :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Subtle Veronica Mars reference.

FoxTerrier posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that was wondering if despite the cure he could still turn people through loving.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

raditts posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that was wondering if despite the cure he could still turn people through loving.

Zombie dick WOULD be a hell of a twist I admit

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

raditts posted:

Steven Weber is Vaughn Du Clark. I haven't caught the redhead's name yet though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

And holy crap Major just keeps digging his pit deeper

:quagmire:

At least Peyton is back.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah Peyton back is cool.

And also I totally forget the name of the Max Ranger CEO, but he was absolutely hysterical this episode. I don't know what's up with this show having such gloriously funny evil dudes, but they're nailing it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Stephen Weber owns. Loved him since the last Ron Thomas gig, Party Down.

raditts posted:

And the Max Rager suit who was eaten at the end was Dick and Beaver's dad. Lots of cast cross-over on this show.

Wonder if they'll get Kristen Bell in as a zombie.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
"A long time ago, we used to be friends..." :allears::allears::allears::allears:

I'm so easy to please.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Stephen Weber owns. Loved him since the last Ron Thomas gig, Party Down.

And the Max Rager suit who was eaten at the end was Dick and Beaver's dad. Lots of cast cross-over on this show.

Wonder if they'll get Kristen Bell in as a zombie.

Seyfried would be a fun crossover too. Or Enrico Colantoni, you never go wrong with him.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

FoxTerrier posted:

I don't know, he got laid and a puppy in the same episode. That's as close as he's gotten to a win in a very long time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Major's arc is amazing. The car ride with the dog owner and the subsequent trip to the bridge was some of the darkest poo poo I've seen in a while. And then with the reveal that the reason Liv was trying to get her coworkers to do an outing was because it was her birthday and she didn't have and friends or family left who cared about her... if not for the birthday cake at the end this episode would have been a loving downer.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Glad to see things are going better for Major.
He's making progress at work, realised how many lifes he saves with it, talked a few things out with Liv, reconnected with an old friend, picked up a cute dog and even
found a new girlfriend.
God I love Majors arc.

Speculations on what would make his life suck most:
Peyton will be the one who catches Major, when he has to medicate himself after killing a guy. Also one of the names on that list is actually buying those nonzombie disguises for his child.

Also Rose McIver is unfathomably pretty.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There is no way Peyton doesn't have some alternate angle to getting back in with Liv and Ravi. This show will not let something that good happen.

Gilda is a great addition to the show. Her and Major have fantastic chemistry.

Woden
May 6, 2006
As Gilda was telling Major that he was saving lives and this was the best way to go about things I kept thinking, jesus dude just go to the cops and then I remembered how that went in season one. :(

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

XboxPants posted:

"A long time ago, we used to be friends..." :allears::allears::allears::allears:
I'm so easy to please.
Seyfried would be a fun crossover too. Or Enrico Colantoni, you never go wrong with him.

On possible Veronica Mars actors coming in, Francis Capra had an AMA a little while back. He might be interested in doing more work with Rob Thomas. Enrico Colantoni looks like he just wrapped up his role in Person of Interest, so he'd have time too. Tina Majorino doesn't look like she had anything up; last time I saw her was a bit part in True Blood and it felt like Mac was turned into a vampire, she had the EXACT same look, attitude, and "tech skill" side-role. She deserved WAY better than that show.

Sidenote: I had no idea Teddy Dunn is a lawyer now. He is an associate at the New York branch of the international law firm Dechert LLP, focusing on general litigation matters. So I doubt he'd ever make an appearance.

On iZombie, I still thought it was pretty hosed up Major's hooking up with Gilda. She's making you kill people and threatening to kill your friend and out you to the cops. Why would you get near that? Life likes to screw over Major, but in this case, it isn't going to end well and it'll all be on him. Hope the dog isn't a casualty; that creature is adorable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pan Dulce posted:

On iZombie, I still thought it was pretty hosed up Major's hooking up with Gilda. She's making you kill people and threatening to kill your friend and out you to the cops. Why would you get near that? Life likes to screw over Major, but in this case, it isn't going to end well and it'll all be on him. Hope the dog isn't a casualty; that creature is adorable.

He is no doubt building up to another end-of-season killing spree. Things are not going to end well for that girl.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Pan Dulce posted:

On possible Veronica Mars actors coming in, Francis Capra had an AMA a little while back. He might be interested in doing more work with Rob Thomas. Enrico Colantoni looks like he just wrapped up his role in Person of Interest, so he'd have time too. Tina Majorino doesn't look like she had anything up; last time I saw her was a bit part in True Blood and it felt like Mac was turned into a vampire, she had the EXACT same look, attitude, and "tech skill" side-role. She deserved WAY better than that show.

Kristen Bell's show ended recently, so she could probably find some time to do it in between various movies.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pan Dulce posted:

On iZombie, I still thought it was pretty hosed up Major's hooking up with Gilda. She's making you kill people and threatening to kill your friend and out you to the cops. Why would you get near that?
Because he was high as gently caress on utopium.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

There is no way Peyton doesn't have some alternate angle to getting back in with Liv and Ravi. This show will not let something that good happen.

Gilda is a great addition to the show. Her and Major have fantastic chemistry.

Ravi moved on to another girlfriend. That's a complication right there. As for Liv, her new roommate might takes drastic steps to keep Peyton out of the picture if she suspects that the latter would complicate her ability to room with spy on Liv.

There's also the fact that Peyton was put on the task force that Blaine blackmailed into existence for the purpose of going after the Utopium-dealing mobsters, who've already been shown willing to casually murder anyone who opposes them.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Yea, Major really jacked himself this episode.

I agree he clearly only slept with Gilda because he was high as gently caress, and that's going to bite him in the rear end because 1) inevitably Liv is going to find out and mess their relationship even more, and 2) getting deeper into anything the Max Ranger crew is just a horrible idea for too many reasons to list.

Killing the dude with the dog was the worst too. Like, poor Major. Can't he get a scum bag zombie to take out? No. He gets the family man with the loving kids, and the dude that just wants to walk his adorable dog.

And while I'm really glad he took said dog instead of letting it roam the streets (:ohdear:), you know that poo poo's going to bite him in the rear end when missing person's announce this dude went missing with the exact kind of dog Major mysteriously picked up the same night.

Yea Major's boned.

Here's hoping he survives and manages to go on another killing spree before he ends up...I don't know...killing zombie kids or whatever else making GBS threads thing the show can come up with. :(

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

And yeah, sorry for the double post, but on a lighter note...

Have some Ravi gifs!

^ I love Liv's face in the second one

^ It is known.

^ Squee!!

And lastly,

Swish! (Babineaux does not get paid enough for this.)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
At first i thought that the woman who got killed was supposed to be a zombie, didn't she have really weird looking eyes?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Oasx posted:

At first i thought that the woman who got killed was supposed to be a zombie, didn't she have really weird looking eyes?

Her tan looked really fake too, which would fit as well. But if she actually was one, it would have come up when her brain was eaten. "Zombie brains are gross." Maybe that was a dropped part of the plot.

I just remembered something from last seasons finale. The Max Rager boss apeared in the end and it was heavily implied that he zombified himself (He had that weird withe hairstrain like Major.) But I guess he isn't a zombie, since Major would have noticed. Maybe that was also dropped and originally mister frenchname gave that poor woman a zombie STD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

Her tan looked really fake too, which would fit as well. But if she actually was one, it would have come up when her brain was eaten. "Zombie brains are gross." Maybe that was a dropped part of the plot.

I just remembered something from last seasons finale. The Max Rager boss apeared in the end and it was heavily implied that he zombified himself (He had that weird withe hairstrain like Major.) But I guess he isn't a zombie, since Major would have noticed. Maybe that was also dropped and originally mister frenchname gave that poor woman a zombie STD.

Being a drunken, wealthy socialite sufficiently explains the tan and the slightly dazed expression.

FoxTerrier posted:

Yea, Major really jacked himself this episode.

I agree he clearly only slept with Gilda because he was high as gently caress, and that's going to bite him in the rear end because 1) inevitably Liv is going to find out and mess their relationship even more, and 2) getting deeper into anything the Max Ranger crew is just a horrible idea for too many reasons to list.

Killing the dude with the dog was the worst too. Like, poor Major. Can't he get a scum bag zombie to take out? No. He gets the family man with the loving kids, and the dude that just wants to walk his adorable dog.

And while I'm really glad he took said dog instead of letting it roam the streets (:ohdear:), you know that poo poo's going to bite him in the rear end when missing person's announce this dude went missing with the exact kind of dog Major mysteriously picked up the same night.

Yea Major's boned.

Here's hoping he survives and manages to go on another killing spree before he ends up...I don't know...killing zombie kids or whatever else making GBS threads thing the show can come up with. :(

The guy Major took out is probably the type of guy that would chip his dog. I wonder if we're going to see Major kill a zombie in every episode from now on?

• Locked thread