Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Goddamit, not amine spam yet again, I swear. You keep this poo poo up and I'll probably break down crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Dammit guys, he took his ball and went home again! He did this two threads ago and I, for one, was sad to see him go.

I mean he just said "Do you really want to dance with me?" -- and I just know he said that line aloud when he typed it and then raised a single eyebrow while staring at the "Submit Reply" button.

That kind of stuff is like the sprinkles on the icing of this wonderful Star Citizen cake being baked here. And now our silver sprinkles are gone again.
He's basically Omar from The Wire. He's got catchphrases, is loyal to no one but himself, and sporadically goes quiet only to reappear suddenly in the next season.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

3 posted:

why the gently caress did you idiots drive dsmart out of the thread <:mad:>

I like Derek and will be first in line to welcome him back if and when he stops with the creepy

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

3 posted:

why the gently caress did you idiots drive dsmart out of the thread <:mad:>

Szcwczuk's gonna Szcwczuk.

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005
I hope they post another jpeg on imgur to explain misconceptions people had about the original jpeg. A jpeg 2.0 if you will.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

D_Smart posted:

OK then. I'm out.

It's been fun.

Noo come back :( We need more Derek Smart, gently caress the haters.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Szcwczuk posted:

This isn't the first time I've ruined everything.
If you watch this video you will feel better and understanding everything.

NOTE TO BOOTCHA: We need a new one, stat!

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Goddamnit, you don't mess with the force of nature, if force of nature wants to write about how he deals with stupid SC shills then he WILL. Better than this anime bullshit :frogout:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm guessing that's $325A in hexadecimal

Which is $12890

Close, but it's actually $325A in superhexadecimal, which is basically just hexadecimal but then you double it. So it's $25780

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

AP posted:

I think it's Latin for "this is expensive".
I'm way back in the thread but I can't get over that Latin motto. I wanted to think that Star Citizen just had deep management issues but I can't see how you could put that on that card if you aren't deliberately wringing the true believers for all they have got. It's pure "notacult" as monetization. :stare:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

He's basically Omar from The Wire. He's got catchphrases, is loyal to no one but himself, and sporadically goes quiet only to reappear suddenly in the next season.

That's what I keep saying!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bring back Derek Smart!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Trapezium Dave posted:

I'm way back in the thread but I can't get over that Latin motto. I wanted to think that Star Citizen just had deep management issues but I can't see how you could put that on that card if you aren't deliberately wringing the true believers for all they have got. It's pure "notacult" as monetization. :stare:

They could have gone the Virtue's Last Reward route and used "Memento Mori" for the motto...

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Eonwe posted:

imo szcwczuk should be able to post what he wants

he should follow his shitposting star as should all of you

those are my thoughts on the matter

namaste

People should always be able to say what they want, and then live with the mistakes they may have made. The internet never forgets.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

you dumb cunts ran out the one person who was making this "game" entertaining and all you ever do is talk about gay boring recipes and poo poo, smh

derek come back plz

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Szcwczuk posted:

This isn't the first time I've ruined everything.

Just another badge of honor to add to your collection :cheers:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
thx to Szcwczuk and othe runfunny goon for driving away perpetual comedy engine Dr. Derek Smart

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

thx to Szcwczuk and othe runfunny goon for driving away perpetual comedy engine Dr. Derek Smart

What jerks!!!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dandywalken posted:

What jerks!!!!

if only there was a pithy saying that could encapsulate this experience

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I was wondering how that Reddit user managed to lose 400 points on imgur: dukejoejoe imgur

dukejoejoe posted:

This post is poo poo because it makes Star Citizen look poo poo and because I tried to defend Star Citizen that made me poo poo so I lost 400 points.

dukejoejoe posted:

gently caress happy relationships ;.; (forever alone)

Fang The Parrot
Oct 16, 2015

$2500 of spaceships?

Bofast posted:

They could have gone the Virtue's Last Reward route and used "Memento Mori" for the motto...

I think pro victoria is the most appropriate

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

if only there was a pithy saying that could encapsulate this experience

D_Smart will be back in two weeks

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

What the hell... i post a picture of peppers, go to sleep, and then wake up and find that the goons have run Mr. Smart out of the thread? Man, you guys really do ruin everything dont you... I think all you goons should be forced to wear the Star of Goonavid in every game you troll. Also, here on the forums.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Alright the ship has been rigged and bones have been weighted. Now the only thing left to do is proper animation and the concept will take flight for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSegTv-xYiE

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38704

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol at blaming people over this

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

What the hell... i post a picture of peppers, go to sleep, and then wake up and find that the goons have run Mr. Smart out of the thread? Man, you guys really do ruin everything dont you... I think all you goons should be forced to wear the Star of Goonavid in every game you troll. Also, here on the forums.

We've got hand grenades. Is that not enough?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mirificus posted:

I was wondering how that Reddit user managed to lose 400 points on imgur: dukejoejoe imgur

dukejoejoe posted:

I'm 18 just annoyed with 13 year olds not sourcing their information and being necessarily negative when there is no need for that counter

Good of him to acknowledge they were necessarily negative imo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Dark Off posted:

Alright the ship has been rigged and bones have been weighted. Now the only thing left to do is proper animation and the concept will take flight for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSegTv-xYiE

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38704

stick it in UE4 and make it fly

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Good job driving DS away shitposters. First doxxing, then "dance with me", he was just beginning to warm up.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Tippis posted:

We've got hand grenades. Is that not enough?

Ive got a grenade though too.... I will not be a part of this! oh who am i kidding. the money ive put into SA has gotten me more enjoyment than almost any game ive ever purchased or almost-purchased.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

Ive got a grenade though too.... I will not be a part of this! oh who am i kidding. the money ive put into SA has gotten me more enjoyment than almost any game ive ever purchased or almost-purchased.

same

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Hammerstein posted:

Good job driving DS away shitposters. First doxxing, then "dance with me", he was just beginning to warm up.

It was a quick burn then that was like all in the span for 10 posts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thought derek made funny posts, but if he is going to be driven off its just going to happen for one post or another

no use wringing hands over it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

[–]RedrunGun 3 points 2 hours ago

In my opinion, because it's crowd funded, which has never been done for a project of this caliber. People just don't know what to expect, and a lot of gamers, unfortunately, can be pretty cynical. This is a pretty special community where people are kind, positive, and very generous, but I don't think it reflects the attitude of most gamers.
Great community: http://imgur.com/a/78ROG + new referral code = http://imgur.com/gallery/ef17q

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3pj6ds/star_citizen_album_reaches_the_front_page_of_imgur/cw6vvdw?context=3

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

i thought derek made funny posts, but if he is going to be driven off its just going to happen for one post or another

we always end up with the hero we deserve.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart: gently caress the haters. I don't post very often, but I lurk like a motherfucker, and here are some true statements:
YOU made it possible for me to get a $185 refund from those douchebags at CIG.
YOU pointed out some very real and very significant concerns regarding CIG's finances.
YOU may be crazy, but you're our goon kind of crazy.
YOU are one of the best things about this 5-star thread.

So disregard and keep on trucking man!

Fang The Parrot
Oct 16, 2015

$2500 of spaceships?

Eonwe posted:

but what if he writes a blog post about the mean things we said? wont we be defeated?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Without Dr. Smart I never would have realized that funny smell was coming from the turd factory all along.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mirificus posted:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but whenever I see a SC-related community on the Internets they are still a brown sea echo chamber except a few sanity holdouts like this thread? Is the tide actually turning at last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
fear, uncertainty and derek

• Locked thread