Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I wonder how many people that inspired to get the pet mount. I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
How are tanky and Zelda doing?

I've been thinking about putting in some applications at local GSD rescues for the future (I wouldn't be getting pax a friend until next summer most likely) but honestly I'm so worried that im going to end up with a sick dog that won't live very long, or one that will have really bad behavioral issues :/

Im probably going to start contacting breeders instead. If anyone knows of a decent breeder of GSDs in the mid Atlantic area, I'm all ears

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Don't get a bred pet :(

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
My parents' dog, Lizzie, was bought specifically for breeding. Turns out pedigree Schnauzers are kinda pricey.

However, the breeder was a fucker (He's since been stripped of his license) who knowingly churned out dogs with some kind of congenital hip joint defect. So they have an adorable little dog but no pups. :(

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

evil_bunnY posted:

Don't get a bred pet :(

This. They're expensive and no guarantee that your dog won't come out as a poo poo head anyway. I'm of the opinion that buying from breeders just encourages them to continue doing it and placing more dogs into a world full of overcrowded shelters and rescues housing tons of dogs that need your help.

I got Zelda from a rescue and she is one of the most well behaved and mild tempered dogs I've ever met. There are tons of dogs out there who just need a loving home. Even if they have health issues, you are giving them a much better life than they would have had otherwise. The shelter I work with also allows a sort of trial period for you to take a dog home with you for a week to see if they're a good fit in your family, so that you don't make the mistake of taking home the wrong dog for you and having it just end up in another shelter.

Content:

Failed attempt at getting Zelda and Rocco to sit still together.

I guess I'll just be sleeping on the edge...

Turtle Dad 420 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 19, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The guy making Home Free is having a contest to #HomeFreeMyDog. At the end of the week he's going to pick a few of these dogs and organize a poll to put one in the game. gently caress the federal election, this is the poll to care about.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I got dakota from a good breeder and he's the best loving dog ever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love the tail blur.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Looking good Roscoe

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lotta good dogges going on here all the god drat time everywhere

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Lotta good dogges going on here all the god drat time everywhere

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Hello there buddy!

He looks like a BMC!

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Pax is trying to play fetch with the cats again :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Going to visit my parents this weekend (as an excuse to visit Lady).

Going to take lots of pictures :D

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
My parents' oldest dog wandered off into the woods during a walk a few days ago and didn't come back. They haven't been able to find anyone who saw her. It's been unseasonably hot during the day. :(

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

at the date posted:

My parents' oldest dog wandered off into the woods during a walk a few days ago and didn't come back. They haven't been able to find anyone who saw her. It's been unseasonably hot during the day. :(

Do they have one of those bloodhound teams where you pay them to track down your pet in their area? A PI goon used that to find their pet once

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Hello there buddy!

He looks like a BMC!

That's what I've settled on when people ask.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I feel like I've seen this in here before, but idgaf if it's a repost. Dogge, birdde, and hamster are good friends, too :3:

More pics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/06/golden-retriever-hamster-birds-friends_n_7738510.html

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are we certain that those birds are alive?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Jay Rust posted:

Are we certain that those birds are alive?

Who cares dick just enjoy the pictures.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Cole posted:

That's what I've settled on when people ask.

I usually tell people that pax is a labra-cur and I am super proud of myself for making up that cutesy and useless name

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday

Zelda dumped over her toy basket and dragged her toys up from her bed downstairs. She has arrayed them before herself as such. I can only assume she is taking an inventory. She seems satisfied as she is now sleeping on them.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

:petdog: all the :shittydog:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just a friendly reminder that there is no such thing as a repost in here.

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Zelda dumped over her toy basket and dragged her toys up from her bed downstairs. She has arrayed them before herself as such. I can only assume she is taking an inventory. She seems satisfied as she is now sleeping on them.

"Let's see here we got one squeaky, couple thingies, some teddies. Yup all checks out."

I have a bin for all his toys and such and try to centralize them but he just chews and eats everything but that poo poo :shrug:

#justpuppythings

In other news he now just sits in my "lap" and the little base I make with my legs. No attachments. It loving rules and he LOVES it. Not to mention all the attention from fellow drivers and people walking around.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I usually tell people that pax is a labra-cur and I am super proud of myself for making up that cutesy and useless name

roscoe's breed (according to our homeowner insurance) is "anything but rottweiler"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lol just blew some old child dudes mind that has a crew of dogs. Seriously, like 6 or 7 of them 2 parents of the rest.

Anyways they're all blatantly poodles except for one which looks 100% cocker but just taller. This is the best picture I could get of them together through the whole time. Wanted a shot of both looking.

Anyways yeah didn't know when a dog is in heat it can mother pups from different fathers in a litter

I also see this old disheveled looking lady that rides a cruiser bike around around with 2 wheels up front with like 10 dogs. 2 in the basket, couple on the bike, and the rest on leashes.

I can't help think of people judging her but every time I see her I just envision that being my retirement. Seriously living the dream

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Zelda owns

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijmBBUmG7Y

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This gives me a good idea.

Lets just turn all of Eastern Europe in to a gigantic doggy shelter/luxury community. We'll displace all the slavs to Siberia and just turn it in to white people holy land. All prisons in the West we be abolished and criminals will instead be turned to life long care givers to the dogs and if they fail or hurt any of the dogs, we shoot them

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Booblord Zagats posted:

This gives me a good idea.

Lets just turn all of Eastern Europe in to a gigantic doggy shelter/luxury community. We'll displace all the slavs to Siberia and just turn it in to white people holy land. All prisons in the West we be abolished and criminals will instead be turned to life long care givers to the dogs and if they fail or hurt any of the dogs, we shoot them

BRB, robbing a bank.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guys ever do spray bottle type training? Thought it was just for cats but people use it with dogs

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Guys ever do spray bottle type training? Thought it was just for cats but people use it with dogs

My dog just turns towards the spray and then licks the water off his face.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Works with canned air

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cat Hatter posted:

My dog just turns towards the spray and then licks the water off his face.

Yup, mine would be all "WHATS THAT WATER OH gently caress YEAH MY FAVORITE THING".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OH THANKS I'M REALLY DEHYDRATED AFTER PEEING ALL OVER THE RUG THAT REALLY HIT THE SPOT