Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Oh boy this lowriders update must be great if you're interested in the six lovely cars they allow you to modify. Why can't I just put hydraulics on any car I want?

Those six "lovely" cars have more personality and fun than any of the lame supercars we've been given so far. Though I'm a little upset that the Peyote and the Tornado can't be made into lowriders so I guess your argument is valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
There are more weapons in this game than there were vehicles in GTA III.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

95% of the weapons are useless because you can't fire them out of an armored car and 99% of vehicles are useless because everyone is using an armored car

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The armored car is useless because I can't make it hop down the block

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Thanks Rockstar for pushing a major update on the same day Valve is known to do maintenance on Steam and requiring twenty levels of authentication :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Why can't I hit the switches in a loving El Camino

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Starhawk64 posted:

Those six "lovely" cars have more personality and fun than any of the lame supercars we've been given so far. Though I'm a little upset that the Peyote and the Tornado can't be made into lowriders so I guess your argument is valid.

I want to put hydraulics on my Peyote, Phoenix and a few others. I don't own any of the ones they have available and I don't have any garage slots available.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Cojawfee posted:

I want to put hydraulics on my Peyote, Phoenix and a few others. I don't own any of the ones they have available and I don't have any garage slots available.

buy a 4th property

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They added that too?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its nice that they add a few new loading screens every update i love the art for this game

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'll be on for a bit tonight trying to finish Pacific Standard, if any PS4 goons want to join in feel free!

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 26, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

titties posted:

Unless I'm missing something the new clothes are lame. One style of jacket in different colors, one style of hoodie in different colors, 2 new pairs of tennis shoes, some earrings, and necklaces.

E: baggy cargo pants

Football jerseys, baseball jerseys, starter jackets, shorts, jeans, and tons of hats and sneakers. They made beach bums and business peoples and hipsters for you guys but I'm black y'all.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like it when I can't even launch the stupid loving game because Rockstar Social Club gives me a Steam error what a clusterfuck.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's because Rockstar released their update on steam maintenance day.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

RIP my Dukes and Stallion

Still got the hatchet and the Marshall, though.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I blew through 4 mil customizing three lowriders and didn't even touch the van yet, but every update should have been as good as this one. The first Lamar mission was really fun too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

These god drat lowriders are too loving expensive. Every time I do an exploit I'm like "Yep, that's 3 mil in the bank. That'll do me for the next update!" and boom I'm loving poor again gently caress the American dream gently caress everything

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

FuturePastNow posted:

RIP my Dukes and Stallion

Still got the hatchet and the Marshall, though.

They should probably fix it for you guys soon. Somehow both of mine were safe and sound in my garage today. I didn't drive them but I did re-arrange them in my garage so at least I think they are safe.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Policenaut posted:

These god drat lowriders are too loving expensive. Every time I do an exploit I'm like "Yep, that's 3 mil in the bank. That'll do me for the next update!" and boom I'm loving poor again gently caress the American dream gently caress everything

I could probably by an six four Impala with switches in mint condition for less than what they ask in this game

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

frenton posted:

They should probably fix it for you guys soon. Somehow both of mine were safe and sound in my garage today. I didn't drive them but I did re-arrange them in my garage so at least I think they are safe.

I don't know about the other guy, but I erm, obtained the returning player bonuses via illicit means (the unlocker that was linked earlier in this thread). But if it were deliberate, I'd assume they'd take the Pegasus vehicles and the hatchet, too.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Ah that makes sense. My returning player status is about the only thing legit about my account but I've somehow skated on all the mod/cheater sweeps.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn, I think I've spent about 8 million buying and modding lowriders today. Even ended up buying two Factions, one to make into a tacky lowrider with wirespokes and another to do an all blacked out Buick GNX clone. Faction confirmed as best vehicle in this update :h:

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

I'd estimate about 1.2 million per car, 4th garage makes up for it.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Looking into those figures, how do you even raise that much money (outside of buying the cards, of course)? Heists being such a crapshoot.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

300k just to unlock the ability to put mods on my car? Man, I'd have rather they just went the GTA 4 route and charged us 15-20 bucks each for a few big expansions, rather than having them applying as much pressure as they could to get people to buy funbux.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

T1g4h posted:

Faction confirmed as best vehicle in this update :h:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I still think the Faction's just a box on wheels. If you like that sort of thing, go all the way and get a Moonbeam, imo

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'm poor again!

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Eyud posted:

I'm poor again!

Don't think of it like that. Now you have assets like a grown up.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i was real salty about the ap pistol nerf until i tried the new tec-9.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
good update overall, enjoyed modding some cars.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

good update overall, enjoyed modding some cars.

How much did it cost you?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dear gta cheater people: please discover some kind of new exploit that lets me sell lots of duped cars really fast so I can afford more lowriders.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Deadly Mongoose posted:

How much did it cost you?

Nothing recently, still had 7 mil though.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Policenaut posted:

Dear gta cheater people: please discover some kind of new exploit that lets me sell lots of duped cars really fast so I can afford more lowriders.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I made a hideously ugly pink/pink/blue Moonbeam and I love bouncing around in it, but by far the best snag of the night was this:

It drives like poo poo and it plays sad trombone and I love it.

The new baseball shirts and leg warmers really set off a good hipster outfit, too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Modders have figured out how to get at the Halloween vehicles. The hearse is the "Albany Lurcher" and the hot rod is the "Albany Franken Stange". Pictures and customize videos here.

edit: Sorry misread something. They're just normal customizable cars, not lowriders.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
How do I mod my new Faction at Benny's? Do I need to do something to make the icon show up on the map?

Edit: I logged in and out, and now the Lamar icon showed up randomly. Do I need to complete those missions first?

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 21, 2015

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Policenaut posted:

No, Rockstar made more stuff unlock by rank now. It's in the patch notes.

Oh thank loving God. I was not looking forward to having to win a race just to max out the speed in my rides.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I'm annoyed that they made the AP Pistol weaker

Aw hell. Does this mean I have to start buying SMG ammo again?

strong bird posted:

95% of the weapons are useless because you can't fire them out of an armored car and 99% of vehicles are useless because everyone is using an armored car

I feel that everybody has an armored car is because the NPCs are so dead-on accurate that it's not fun to play unless you have a way to make them miss. I probably could have said that better, but I need my daily dose of caffeine today. Ugh.

mutata posted:

I like it when I can't even launch the stupid loving game because Rockstar Social Club gives me a Steam error what a clusterfuck.

Cojawfee posted:

It's because Rockstar released their update on steam maintenance day.

Oh cool, I thought it was just me. Of course, I forgot my Rockstar Games password and had to reset that. And then realized that I hadn't accepted my invite to the Goons group on PC. Finally accepted. Sorry, nice people who gave me an invite months ago. I didn't know my 360 controller would take a dump. Got a nice Xbox One one in the mail, though.

Bright side? At least I was able to do some stuff in Fallout: New Vegas last night instead of going nuts in GTA Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
How many of the lowriders are able to be taken off the street? I know the Buccaneer can because I already had one and I think Voodoos are around too. I know the Chino cannot because it was one of the ill gotten gains cars, I went and bought a Moonbeam, I don't know if those were added to the traffic.

• Locked thread