Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Phoon posted:

uhhhh the poutine people are there and they are amazing

No Low n Slow, Patty Men or Muy Loco Tacos though. Low n Slow is doing smoked bbq venison somewhere this weekend but I forget where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

meat shack, buddha belly and esmies!! i think theres a halloween street closer next friday

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I'm in Venice for a few days and there are selfie sticks loving everywhere.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does it smell bad? i've heard it smells bad

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Depends when the last flood was although Venice at it's worst smells like Paris in summer at it's best.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
My mates have all hosed off this weekend so would be up for a pint with goons in Glasgow.

Fraction can come but we won't talk to her.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Not really. You might get an occasional fishy whiff when a taxi or bus goes by but it's no stronger than what you'd sense if you asked past your local fishmongers. There's so many cafes and restaurants you mostly smell delicious food.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its good

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What you have to do while you are there is sit outside a cafe in st mark's square and have a Coca Cola with ice and lemon in it, costs an absolute fortune but Italian Coca Cola is the absolute best in the world and the idea of sub par lemons is an affront to them.

Edit: and if you ask Italian waiters nicely what olive oil goes best with your pizza they will bring you the good non tourist stuff that hasn't been sat out for three weeks from the kitchen.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 21, 2015

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
When you go to a real ale pub, the strongest beer and the best beer are the same thing, right?

*drinks a glass of 14% Auld Head Splitter*
*Feels nauseous*

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

CancerCakes posted:

It is Manchester Science Festival starting from tomorrow, so if you are round that area there is lots of good stuff to see and do.

I bought tickets for the ball pool thing whilst really smashed weeks ago and now I can't go because of work.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

I went to spoons tonight and had buffalo wings and a couple of pints. It was great.

You guys are up your arses.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

UncleBlazer posted:

I went to spoons tonight and had buffalo wings and a couple of pints. It was great.

You guys are up your arses.

Lol buffalo wings at spoons

You had some frozen scrub tier wings with a Frank's red hot knockoff thrown in the microwave for three minutes that the zhc 'chef' gobbed in

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Quote-Unquote posted:

You had some frozen scrub tier wings with a Frank's red hot knockoff thrown in the microwave for three minutes that the zhc 'chef' gobbed in

It's the closest to gourmet you can get in Derby.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
do you live in california

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

UncleBlazer posted:

Oh... I'm sorry. Didn't realise :(

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

But there's a big shopping centre

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

UncleBlazer posted:

I went to brew a beer at Derventio brewery in Derby earlier in the year. The blokes there gave us breakfast of a bacon cob and lunch of a cheese and onion cob, I assume people in Derby live on a diet of cobs and pints of mild.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Pantsuit posted:

But there's a big shopping centre

Stroke-on-Trent is on the up and up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12epwE7Wroc

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Could be worse, I voluntarily moved to Chesterfield.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Could be worse, I voluntarily moved to Chesterfield.

i am so sorry. I moved away from there 20 years ago and am still happy i escaped

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"Chesterfield; better schools than Brixton."

Far more goose poo poo though.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Bozza posted:

My mates have all hosed off this weekend so would be up for a pint with goons in Glasgow.

Fraction can come but we won't talk to her.

Why go to Glasgow for a pint in silence when I could just hassle some strangers irl for the same reaction!!! :saddowns:

I vote goonmeet at the manc Christmas market. We can stairs sausage man and everything.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
think i might call in sick today

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Fraction posted:

I vote goonmeet at the manc Christmas market. We can stairs sausage man and everything.

I won't be there so my reasoning is pure, if he's at the special Chesterfield Christmas market then this is where you should meet. One/only good thing about this place is that it's a train hub. I can pretty much pick any city in the UK and there will be a train there within half an hour and as there are only two platforms there is no cocking around. Plus it's near the town centre so you won't need to taxi/bus/walk for ages.

Edit: Chesterfield is a market town btw, old people get bussed in and everything.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Hello

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

StoneOfShame posted:

I went to brew a beer at Derventio brewery in Derby earlier in the year. The blokes there gave us breakfast of a bacon cob and lunch of a cheese and onion cob, I assume people in Derby live on a diet of cobs and pints of mild.

You've got me craving a breakfast cob now. Lucky I've got my morning pint to tide me over.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Cobs are for corn, say baps or barms like good, normal people

Bun is only acceptable when there is a burger and/or icing sugar involved

Also the Christmas lights are being set up in Liverpool, getting hyped

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i was gonna ask wtf a cob was

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
They're for you

Hello

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My mother is from North Yorkshire, my father is from London. The arguments about what is a bun, what is a cake "YOU CANT CALL THE REST OF THEM BUNS IF YOU CALL THAT ONE A FAIRY CAKE ADDING CREAM DOES NOT CHANGE WHAT IT IS!!!!" has scarred me for life.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
my missus rang me on her way home from work yesterday she said she was bringing home a cupcake for me, but that it had no icing on it. i asked her if what she was bringing me was not a cupcake but perhaps a muffin. she wasn't sure

Fluo
May 25, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

i was gonna ask wtf a cob was

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Stotties are distinct from bread buns / rolls / whatever

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

learnincurve posted:

"Chesterfield; better schools than Brixton."

Far more goose poo poo though.

ii like queens park, lots of goose poo poo though :agreed:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Party Boat posted:

Stotties are distinct from bread buns / rolls / whatever

A lot of the names people use have their own type rather than being generic, a bun is different from a barm cake imo

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
They really are not taking about baps, given they've included rowies...

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

In Northern Ireland a ring doughnut is called a gravy ring, whilst a doughnut is exclusively one without a hole for example a jam doughnut. It is the dumbest food based colloquialism.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

is there gravy on the ring doughnuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i like gravy on Yorkshire puddings

i also like jam and sugar on Yorkshire puddings