Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

what's the right call on asiina? lynch next round if the scum don't kill them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hiipfire, Ajax the Greater, Achaean (town) aligned Son of Telamon has been hanged until dead Day 1.

Mithross, Odysseus, Achaean (town) aligned Achaean Commander has been hanged until dead Day 1.

It is now Battle 1 you have 24 hours to submit actions.

If you are in combat:
1) you can choose one active ability and its target. Passive abilities are noted as such and don't need to be activated.

If you are not in combat:
1) You can sacrifice as many offerings to the gods as you wish, if i receive no PM i will assume 0.
2) You may carry out an Out of Combat (OoC) action. Unless stated otherwise you can only target someone not in the battle party.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
This has cropped up a bit so just wanted to clarify

If you are not in combat:
1) You can sacrifice as many offerings to the gods as you wish, if i receive no PM i will assume 0.

You can sacrifice offerings AS WELL as take another action if you have one.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Your soldiers return, victoriously shouting each others' great deeds in battle!
Most of them anyway

Giuseppe Pizzapie, Diomedes, Achaean (town) aligned Champion of Athena has been slain in battle N1.

The gods however, are not so pleased, and their eye has turned from you this day.

It is now Day 2
Day 2 will be a Standard Majority hangstyle.

:siren:The Nabster is replaced by Tommunist:siren:
Capitalist Pig has requested a replacement.

busb fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 21, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so irritated that Mithross was Odysseus and only posted twice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm can still only fight in defense of Greek positions today.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Well that blows.

At least we came out better than the Trojans, they lost a Townie in combat and also had one night killed.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Yo gonna read the thread in the next hour or two, let's kill some dirty Trojans.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Tommunist posted:

Yo gonna read the thread in the next hour or two, let's kill some dirty Trojans.

Sup dude, welcome to the party.

Dick jokes to the left, Trojan-scum-killen' spears to the right.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did I miss anything in those 400 posts?
I'm back in country on Sunday but will try to be here more the rest of week.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

This is correct, we have an edge.

Asiina, I'd like your results if you have any.

I'm also going to operate on the assumption that merk was protected (thank you) so unless you can straight up off a scum with something different, let's roll with this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also Diqnol sorry to see you go.

I will be a better king in honor of your tragic death.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Thank you Diqnol for your sacrifice in battle and also for yesterday. You were wrong about my alignment (and I yours), but I hope I use my stay of execution wisely.

I am probably going to vote for merk again today but I would like for people to actually comment on it.

for reference here it is condensed into one post:

- Merk started off with a weak case against me due to the content question I asked at the start of day 1. The case was weak because its underlying points were untrue, and it's unreasonable to think someone could have read the thread and been that mistaken.

- When I called him out on the weaknesses in his case, merk immediately switched his case over to say that a misphrasing I used was slam-dunk scummy. The misphrasing was very minor, not the thrust of my point against him, and not even a totally inaccurate one at that.

- Whenever I commented on the flaws in both his cases, he dismissed addressing them outright because I used words like "silly" and "nonsense" to describe a few of his points.

- Merk acted with a great bravado yesterday regarding his case against me, talking strongly about how it influenced all the votes against me and how it's a "great d1 case that is going to get [me executed." But for all his talk he never actually pushed the case itself; he never engaged with people about his case, he never even said what precisely his case is.

Hypothesis:
Merk is scum though genuinely disengaged with the game over the weekend, posting mainly from his phone. He turns into "autopilot" mode - he posts what he thinks he'd do as town, hoping his reputation and bravado can get him through okay. He thought he saw an easy avenue of attack against a strong town player so he went after me with a weak case. When he realized the case had flaws, rather than roll up his sleeves and make a better one, he just attacked again with whatever he could tell. To avoid drawing attention to his case's weakness, he dismissed my defenses as being rude and unpersuasive, and talked about how strong it was once things were getting down to the crunch.

It really does read like he's playing a caricature of himself. Which is something I often do as scum when I'm having trouble breaking into a game (see: The Tournament of Heroes).

I know it's merk, but merk can be scum just as easily as any of us. I think he made a blunder going after me so quickly and so strongly but without all his ducks in a row, and I hope other people see it, too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

I'm also going to operate on the assumption that merk was protected (thank you)

It woulda been Asii, surely?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Thank you Diqnol for your sacrifice in battle and also for yesterday. You were wrong about my alignment (and I yours), but I hope I use my stay of execution wisely.

I am probably going to vote for merk again today but I would like for people to actually comment on it.

for reference here it is condensed into one post:

- Merk started off with a weak case against me due to the content question I asked at the start of day 1. The case was weak because its underlying points were untrue, and it's unreasonable to think someone could have read the thread and been that mistaken.

- When I called him out on the weaknesses in his case, merk immediately switched his case over to say that a misphrasing I used was slam-dunk scummy. The misphrasing was very minor, not the thrust of my point against him, and not even a totally inaccurate one at that.

- Whenever I commented on the flaws in both his cases, he dismissed addressing them outright because I used words like "silly" and "nonsense" to describe a few of his points.

- Merk acted with a great bravado yesterday regarding his case against me, talking strongly about how it influenced all the votes against me and how it's a "great d1 case that is going to get [me executed." But for all his talk he never actually pushed the case itself; he never engaged with people about his case, he never even said what precisely his case is.

Hypothesis:
Merk is scum though genuinely disengaged with the game over the weekend, posting mainly from his phone. He turns into "autopilot" mode - he posts what he thinks he'd do as town, hoping his reputation and bravado can get him through okay. He thought he saw an easy avenue of attack against a strong town player so he went after me with a weak case. When he realized the case had flaws, rather than roll up his sleeves and make a better one, he just attacked again with whatever he could tell. To avoid drawing attention to his case's weakness, he dismissed my defenses as being rude and unpersuasive, and talked about how strong it was once things were getting down to the crunch.

It really does read like he's playing a caricature of himself. Which is something I often do as scum when I'm having trouble breaking into a game (see: The Tournament of Heroes).

I know it's merk, but merk can be scum just as easily as any of us. I think he made a blunder going after me so quickly and so strongly but without all his ducks in a row, and I hope other people see it, too.

You're not wrong, but even if merk is scum there are several other scum out there, and I'd like to see a shift of focus away from you and Merk, since that builds far more relations that we can use to get scum on the hook.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

It woulda been Asii, surely?

Ugh, you are correct, yes, I went way to fast.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

You're not wrong, but even if merk is scum there are several other scum out there, and I'd like to see a shift of focus away from you and Merk, since that builds far more relations that we can use to get scum on the hook.

This point still holds - let's table Ecco/Merk for day 3 unless you have photos of them plunging a knife into somebody or something.

Because we have far more content than the other thread but it is disproportionately revolving around three players.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also if anybody got hurt give me a heads up and Uncle Keane will kiss it and make it feel better.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Sure, I'm just opening strong since I figure there's a pretty good chance I'm going to be on the block again today.

You should replaced diqnol with me on the battle, I think, knowing what I know now about the setup/how battles work/etc., I think I'd be ok to have on the field.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Sure, I'm just opening strong since I figure there's a pretty good chance I'm going to be on the block again today.

You should replaced diqnol with me on the battle, I think, knowing what I know now about the setup/how battles work/etc., I think I'd be ok to have on the field.

I'm going to keep battle line ups close to my chest for a bit, but I will keep that in mind.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Also if anybody got hurt give me a heads up and Uncle Keane will kiss it and make it feel better.

I'm not hurt but I still want a kiss ;-*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey Rarity do you still think KB is scum? I can find your case but for our benefits repost it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I took a break from drinking starting last Monday so I'm in this thread at 100% efficiency!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have been wounded. I investigated diqnol, so of course he died. I was deciding between diqnol, ecco, and merk.

Also since the cat is out of the bag, I have role reason to believe that Madman is town, but they are not investigation related reasons and I will say absolutely nothing more on the subject.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I took a break from drinking starting last Monday so I'm in this thread at 100% efficiency!!!!

hooray! I am going to be gone all weekend at my school's homecoming (and hopefully not run into tremendous taste). I'll be on a plane all day tomorrow, busy until late friday night, and totally incommunicado all day saturday. sunday is free. monday is not. tuesday I come home again.

:toot:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I will be healing Asiina.

If you have a wound, it is up to you if you want to be public on it or not - I can only heal one a day, and sorry, Asiina gets my sweet and gentle healing kisses for today.

Rarity gets plain ol' kisses, sorry Rarity.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

I can be useful outside of combat. But if you need to send me in, I'm ranged.

So I was wrong about this. I thought I could do something that I couldn't. So put me in for ranged combat next time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

I have been wounded. I investigated diqnol, so of course he died.
why wouldn't you investigate me? the person you've been saying was scum all game and who was a key player in pretty much every case made yesterday?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

hey Rarity do you still think KB is scum? I can find your case but for our benefits repost it.

My position hasn't changed but I haven't reread the end of D1 yet. I want to figure out how we ended up with two weak lurker lynches.

Here's the case I had on him yesterday:

Rarity posted:

Anyway, I'm now all caught up on the thread. I think I've already made where I stand pretty clear but just to properly state my main position I think KB pushed back too hard on Ecco's suspicion of him as a way of discrediting that suspicion and since then he has been happy to ride that vote while ignoring all the other content in the thread. His only other reads have been a town read on me which is based only on logic while ignoring the tone of my content and a very hedgey read on Asiina. Not only do I find those to be two weak reads he's also looking at the two players in this thread he knows best which makes it easy to fake reads on them.

##vote KB

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Rarity gets plain ol' kisses, sorry Rarity.

It's all I dreamed it would be :allears:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I have been wounded. I investigated diqnol, so of course he died. I was deciding between diqnol, ecco, and merk.

Also since the cat is out of the bag, I have role reason to believe that Madman is town, but they are not investigation related reasons and I will say absolutely nothing more on the subject.

I'm really bummed out by your choice.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Here's the case I had on him yesterday:

hmmmm. My initial reason for suspecting him was his hyper-defensive attitude towards my early side comment, but when he actually dissected his sentences for tone and content I figured he's just a crazyperson (in the kindest sense of the word) and therefore it's a null tell.

Also I posted a poopton day 1 and I can reasonably believe it'd be hard for someone to segregate their strong scum feelings on me to objectively look at other people, if that makes sense.

I dunno I'm just not feeling it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

why wouldn't you investigate me? the person you've been saying was scum all game and who was a key player in pretty much every case made yesterday?

Because you are not the only person in this game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Off to bed now, not moving my vote cause I still think KB is the best lynch and a viable candidate if people reconsider his posts.

EccoRaven posted:

he is not. please vote for someone else quickly before you actually leave.

King Burgundy posted:

I think this is scummy. When you know you won't be here for deadline, you should put your vote somewhere it will matter. Surely you agree with one of the reads that is more likely to be voted.

Just before I get to the lurkers I remembered I wanted to bring these up. When I left the thread, Ecco was the lynch leader with a miniscule 3 votes. So even though my vote was the only one on KB it would not have taken a big swing for him to get lynched, especially with double plurality in play. The combination of posts here really rubbed me the wrong way when I first saw them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I'm really bummed out by your choice.

me 2

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah gosh sorry asiina but the more I think about it the more I dislike you not investigating me last night. it feels like a scum CYA move, since if you say I'm scum you're dying tomorrow but if you say I'm town you lose momentum on an "easy vote" (or at least easier than other votes).

please provide your thinking soon.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am unwounded.

EccoRaven posted:

Hi this

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Just before I get to the lurkers I remembered I wanted to bring these up. When I left the thread, Ecco was the lynch leader with a miniscule 3 votes. So even though my vote was the only one on KB it would not have taken a big swing for him to get lynched, especially with double plurality in play. The combination of posts here really rubbed me the wrong way when I first saw them.

yeah he had 1 votes to the lead's 3 but nobody actually wanted to vote for him except for you (and maybe merk, but reasonably merk wasn't budging off me). that's the problem yesterday and why he wasn't a viable candidate.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

yeah gosh sorry asiina but the more I think about it the more I dislike you not investigating me last night. it feels like a scum CYA move, since if you say I'm scum you're dying tomorrow but if you say I'm town you lose momentum on an "easy vote" (or at least easier than other votes).

please provide your thinking soon.

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

My feelings haven't changed on this. :shrug: It's an easy way for you to duck out on any responsibility for the cuddle.

• Locked thread