Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

cool okay well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

yeah he had 1 votes to the lead's 3 but nobody actually wanted to vote for him except for you (and maybe merk, but reasonably merk wasn't budging off me). that's the problem yesterday and why he wasn't a viable candidate.

I was hoping my confidence in my case would sway other people, it's worked for me a lot lately :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

My feelings haven't changed on this. :shrug: It's an easy way for you to duck out on any responsibility for the cuddle.

You know I'm English, you know I can never stick around to deadline cause it's invariably the middle of the night and you at least should know that I never back down from claiming responsibility for my lynches even though I do leave early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Mmmm, I'd rather not. I'm going to be so mad if Ecco is in fact scum and she managed to get out of a cuddle by being reasonable, which she has said before is her way of getting out of cuddles as scum.

FWIW, it doesn't appear to matter anymore as my vote isn't necessary to get your desired outcome.

This is still true for me btw, but I'll move on for the day since Keane requested it and laugh and say I told you so later in the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Keane, if you haven't used that thing on Asiina yet, you might want to hold off.

I was told that I woke up feeling quite sick today, so I think I may have been poisoned.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

You know I'm English, you know I can never stick around to deadline cause it's invariably the middle of the night and you at least should know that I never back down from claiming responsibility for my lynches even though I do leave early.

I have no problems with you leaving and I never implied any such thing. My only problem was the unproductive vote before you did. You have very good reasons for not being around. You have poor reasons for your final vote choice. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Keane, if you haven't used that thing on Asiina yet, you might want to hold off.

I was told that I woke up feeling quite sick today, so I think I may have been poisoned.

Too late, Champ. But if we have another healer they may wish to make a note of it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

This is still true for me btw, but I'll move on for the day since Keane requested it and laugh and say I told you so later in the game.

Yeah that's fine, I'm expecting a lot of I told you so's no matter what.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Too late, Champ. But if we have another healer they may wish to make a note of it.

drat, I'm not sure if your thing would have helped me because it doesn't say I'm actually wounded, but I figured I'd let you all know.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

I have no problems with you leaving and I never implied any such thing. My only problem was the unproductive vote before you did. You have very good reasons for not being around. You have poor reasons for your final vote choice. :)

I was voting for you, of course you'd think it was a poor choice!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Basic lurker call out time: We've had a lot of time in thread and I think this threads big advantage is having a poo poo ton of high volume posters.

The downside of this tremendous upside is that scum may feel safe in hiding out a bit.

So yeah, I'll probably off a lurker for shits and giggles at some point, WE'LL SEE.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just to cover all the bases, I may not actually be poisoned and it could just be some kind of debuff. All I know is I was told I woke up sick and I hope I don't have to do anything today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also PMom was disappointed in the elections in Canada, he kept trying to vote for the "stinky vomit" flavored lays potato chips but Lays just wouldn't budge on it. He's really mad about it guys, like super furious.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Asiina, I have a question for you: McDreamy or McSteamy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, so the shift in momentum from Ecco to lurkers started when Ecco convinced Diqnol to shift away from her. We already know Diqnol was town so we know that was him acting from the kindness of his heart (the shock!). He then defaults to Mithross as the lowest poster in the post count. This is followed by votes from Cpig (???), TM (I think town) and Hiip (def town) so that's looking like a badly chosen policy lynch. Cpig could be using it as an easy opportunity to dump a vote but it's not a huge deal to me. Then Diqnol swings towards Asii which gets sway from Ecco (been leaning town) and Mac (???). None of these votes are particularly good save for Fox's earlier one. Beet (???) adds another Mithross vote though at that point it's kinda irrelevant and he could have got away without it. Suddenly Asii claims cop so Ecco leads a swing to Hiipfire with pretty much the same people involved.

So who looks suspicious from this whole mess?

- Mac and Cpig's votes are the weakest of the lot
- Ecco led the swing onto a second town lurker but Keane wants us to look elsewhere today so whatevs
- Fox waffles a little between Mithross and Hiip to justify a choice that didn't need to be justified. Overly nervous scum?

Tomorrow I'll reread Mac, Fox and Cpig and see if anything shakes out (assuming reading Cpig doesn't make my head explode)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Hey Asiina, I have a question for you: McDreamy or McSteamy?

McSteamy 4 lyfe.

Also ##vote Verr

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Tomorrow I'll reread Mac, Fox and Cpig and see if anything shakes out (assuming reading Cpig doesn't make my head explode)

By which I mean rl tomorrow not game tomorrow, just in case anyone was confused

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rarity posted:

Then Diqnol swings towards Asii which gets sway from Ecco (been leaning town)

fyi I've talked repeatedly how if we were doing a "lurker vote" that hiipfire was a good choice, and I mentioned in a post how I felt like asiina's vote on me felt opportunistic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

McSteamy 4 lyfe.

Also ##vote Verr

Really? McDreamy doesn't give you a twinge?

Think about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Really? McDreamy doesn't give you a twinge?

Think about it.

idgi

I might have read your original breadcrumb wrong?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think I know who the cop is in the other thread. Should I out them? Is that kosher?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I think I know who the cop is in the other thread. Should I out them? Is that kosher?

Go nuts IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Eh wait for busb's call.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
:ghost: im dead yo :ghost:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I just realized I read something about my role PM wrong and now I wish I didn't investigate Diqnol even more.

Damnit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So the person the cop investigates dies, yeah that happens sometimes.

But the cop doesn't investigate the biggest target (and biggest talking point) from day 1.

* Who obviously wasn't going to be night killed if town because scum could assume they're a safe bet to lynch tomorrow,
*definitely wouldn't be night killed if scum.

therefore a pretty good target for investigation to save town from wasting another day of 80% ecco chat or to catch a scum.

So now we can't remove ecco as a talking point today and we will probably waste more time on it.

Oh and you needed to take up the heal.

Pretty good play imo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

idgi

I might have read your original breadcrumb wrong?

No, it's cool if you got it from the breadcrumb. I know the flavor name of someone out there due to my role PM and if you were that person I think you would have gotten it. It's not a big deal and you not getting it has no bearing on whether I think you are town or scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Also I just realized I read something about my role PM wrong and now I wish I didn't investigate Diqnol even more.

Damnit.

It's April Fool's Mafia all over again!

(that is the one where you were a Brutal Doctor, right?)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Beetphyxious posted:

So the person the cop investigates dies, yeah that happens sometimes.

But the cop doesn't investigate the biggest target (and biggest talking point) from day 1.

* Who obviously wasn't going to be night killed if town because scum could assume they're a safe bet to lynch tomorrow,
*definitely wouldn't be night killed if scum.

therefore a pretty good target for investigation to save town from wasting another day of 80% ecco chat or to catch a scum.

So now we can't remove ecco as a talking point today and we will probably waste more time on it.

Oh and you needed to take up the heal.

Pretty good play imo

Are you saying Asiina is making a Brutal Cop fakeclaim as scum?

Cause there is no way she would ever make that kind of play.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

It's April Fool's Mafia all over again!

(that is the one where you were a Brutal Doctor, right?)

No that's the one where I was scum and got dayvigged by my own scumteam 5 hours into the game.

TMMadman posted:

No, it's cool if you got it from the breadcrumb. I know the flavor name of someone out there due to my role PM and if you were that person I think you would have gotten it. It's not a big deal and you not getting it has no bearing on whether I think you are town or scum.

Tell me, does anything from the last page of the other thread stand out to you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Whatevs.

I wanted little mac for a lynch yesterday because I thought it was a safer bet staying away from the people who were keen to get in combat, for both the risk to town from losing the combat strength or their eagerness.

Anyhow that was purely on a lurker basis.

Going to go back and read pre and post 11th hour vote change fuckery.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Are you saying Asiina is making a Brutal Cop fakeclaim as scum?

Cause there is no way she would ever make that kind of play.

Well she's either scum or a bad cop. I'm erring for the latter because a day 1 fake claim is so gutsy I'd never believe it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

Damnit.

Lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

No that's the one where I was scum and got dayvigged by my own scumteam 5 hours into the game.

Tell me, does anything from the last page of the other thread stand out to you?

Which page number? Are you talking about Soag talking about being Legendary?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bee tee dub Keane, I realised last night I'm fat lot of good on the sidelines and I'm a strong melee dude so I'm throwing my hat in the ring to replace Diqnol in your lineup.

Clear eyes full hearts!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Which page number? Are you talking about Soag talking about being Legendary?

The latest page.

Also I'm pretty pissed about this game and the lovely bandwagon on me when a) I said how busy I would be in my very first post in this game and then b) when I was around for a limited amount of time (and announced that) nobody had anything to say and then as soon as I leave a bandwagon starts based on bullshit.

I just had the hardest 3 weeks of my life trying to write a paper that will determine if I have to quit grad school or not and now I'm back at home with my mom because we are celebrating the anniversary of my father's death. So very sorry I wasn't giving this D1 my full attention, which is exactly what I said I wouldn't do, but I was given an important role so when I check my phone and see I'm about to die without defending myself I have no choice but to claim.

So I kinda don't give a poo poo about any of you and what you think. I will investigate until I am NK'd or until some dumb scum assholes try to build a case to get me lynched because I'm a bad cop, but I'm done caring about actually doing anything in this game.

tl;dr screw all y'all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:(

I'm here if you wanna talk non-game stuff

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Eh wait for busb's call.

What? You can speculate on the other thread if you want to??? Do you want to?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I think 100yrs is their cop because his passive sounds like my passive and what he is describing is my connection to Madman, if I'm reading Madman's breadcrumb right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Verr (1): Asiina

Not Voting (14): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, EccoRaven, FoxTerrier, King Burgundy, Little Mac, merk, Opopanax, Rarity, TheNabster, TMMadman, Verr

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Day 2 is Standard Majority!

• Locked thread