Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ecco

This is what we should have done yesterday. Ecco played every card available in the scum survival book and convinced you to lynch two lurkers so we get zero information. Great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also am not entirely sure I believe that Asiina is a Cop, leaning towards not believing her. Diqnol is too convenient of a claim. He was acting weird though, so...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is there even a night? Did Diqnol die in battle or die at night?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

busb posted:

Giuseppe Pizzapie, Diomedes, Achaean (town) aligned Champion of Athena has been slain in battle N1.

Battle happens during the night?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Beetphyxious posted:

So the person the cop investigates dies, yeah that happens sometimes.

But the cop doesn't investigate the biggest target (and biggest talking point) from day 1.

* Who obviously wasn't going to be night killed if town because scum could assume they're a safe bet to lynch tomorrow,
*definitely wouldn't be night killed if scum.

therefore a pretty good target for investigation to save town from wasting another day of 80% ecco chat or to catch a scum.

So now we can't remove ecco as a talking point today and we will probably waste more time on it.

Oh and you needed to take up the heal.

Pretty good play imo

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.

We need to remove Ecco as a talking point by lynching him... because he's scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we come to any conclusion today other than a turbo on Ecco, I'm done trying here.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yes, think of it as 3 locations for actions. Greek camp, battle, Trojan camp.

Whichever one you are at for the night is what you can use abilities in.

I was pretty lenient with illegal actions because it was night 1 and gave people a chance to resubmit but I won't be doing that moving on.

(Any) abilities need targets and aren't passives.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Anyway, I think 100yrs is their cop because his passive sounds like my passive and what he is describing is my connection to Madman, if I'm reading Madman's breadcrumb right.

I would think that if you've got a connection to me then you might have gotten the McDreamy/McSteamy thing. Although I guess there could be other connections to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I strongly believe we won the battle because of me, so you should put me in again. I misunderstood (barely read) how battle works and can go in either line.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ALSO, I think it likely that at least the majority of our ranged dudes from the last fight are townie because of what I did in battle and the fact that we won.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

If we come to any conclusion today other than a turbo on Ecco, I'm done trying here.

I really strongly disagree with this. We need to get more opinions on other players as well, because I think we had you, Ecco, and Diqnol all throwing a lot of weight around and I'd like to see other players get mentioned so we can't have scum just lurk a bunch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I really strongly disagree with this. We need to get more opinions on other players as well, because I think we had you, Ecco, and Diqnol all throwing a lot of weight around and I'd like to see other players get mentioned so we can't have scum just lurk a bunch.

Ok, well, I'm voting Ecco all day. I can't fathom how we lynched two lurkers on day 1 at Ecco's lead and the response is "let's table Ecco/merk until day 3!!!"

THE GUY IS SCUM

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Do you honestly believe a scum player voting town Ecco yesterday would switch off to a town lurker in the 11th hour to let Ecco live another day? That's not the narrative for how the day happened. Ecco got out of being lynched because Ecco is scum and his leadership of the thread through the help of the scum team moved the lynch onto two lurkers. This is the most obvious d2 lynch of all time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I may as well be clear because there's alignment conclusions that can be made behind what I did in battle and the fact that we won: I made our ranged line a lot stronger.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Our back line, whatever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Do you honestly believe a scum player voting town Ecco yesterday would switch off to a town lurker in the 11th hour to let Ecco live another day? That's not the narrative for how the day happened. Ecco got out of being lynched because Ecco is scum and his leadership of the thread through the help of the scum team moved the lynch onto two lurkers. This is the most obvious d2 lynch of all time.

You think Ecco is scum, we get it. Do you have any other opinions? Cause your aggression here is making me question if you're using this push to smokescreen town from looking at anyone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I would think that if you've got a connection to me then you might have gotten the McDreamy/McSteamy thing. Although I guess there could be other connections to me.

Then you might not be the person I'm looking for and the breadcrumb was just coincidence, cause even though I am rewatching Grey's Anatomy right now in another window, I don't see the reference.

There is someone out there I'm connected to though, but I don't know who the player is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the connection doesn't make a huge amount of difference unless we go into battle together, but since I'm the cop and I can't battle and use my cop at the same time I should never go into battle anyway, so really it doesn't matter.

It's just likely that the person I am connected to is town, whoever they are.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

You think Ecco is scum, we get it. Do you have any other opinions? Cause your aggression here is making me question if you're using this push to smokescreen town from looking at anyone else.

Nope. That's it. I'm sorry that Ive found scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Do you also honestly believe that town Ecco who thinks he has a slam dunk case on me would be "oh ok great!" To "let's table the merk/Ecco decision another day"

What are we doing here?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Then you might not be the person I'm looking for and the breadcrumb was just coincidence, cause even though I am rewatching Grey's Anatomy right now in another window, I don't see the reference.

There is someone out there I'm connected to though, but I don't know who the player is.

Since we are talking about names, think about the all the names involved and see if one makes sense to you. It's not super obvious, but I think if you're the person that was named in my PM you'd probably pick up on it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I believe merk, I was very surprised ecco wasn't the lynch yesterday

##vote ecco

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Nope. That's it. I'm sorry that Ive found scum.

But there is more than one scum. We get it, you think Ecco is scum. Keep looking for more scum please. Thanks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

But there is more than one scum. We get it, you think Ecco is scum. Keep looking for more scum please. Thanks.

Nope.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
TMM why you so sassy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Do you also honestly believe that town Ecco who thinks he has a slam dunk case
I found the problem in your reasoning. I like my case on you but I don't think it's slam dunk - that's a merk thing.

Hey merk do us all a favor and say what the case against me is. Assume nobody wants to skim through a million pages to find it.

And then when you do that listen to Keane's directives and move on to someone else, knowing that I'm still here regardless :guitar:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Then you aren't loving helping.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

bowmore posted:

I believe merk, I was very surprised ecco wasn't the lynch yesterday

##vote ecco

what about his case do you find compelling? Sell me.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

FoxTerrier posted:

what about his case do you find compelling? Sell me.

And then maybe say something about other players while you're at it? Scanned through you posts bow-dude and there's not a lot there of substance. It'd be cool to change that

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

merk posted:

C'mon Merk. Rumor has it you're really good Town. Show your stuff if you are.

Don't just throw the toys out of the pram, eh?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why don't the two people asking me to case other people read Ecco and tell me what they think?

FoxTerrier posted:

C'mon Merk. Rumor has it you're really good Town. Show your stuff if you are.

Don't just throw the toys out of the pram, eh?

I did. Ecco is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Why don't the two people asking me to case other people read Ecco and tell me what they think?

I did. Ecco is scum.

Merk I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying. Can you look past Ecco so we can make use of the additional time? We can vote for Ecco at the end of the day.

Right now I'd like to get prods on other people.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

hey hey, I buffed merk last night. you're welcome merk.

GP's dead and will never reveal to us why he was calling out merk = sad

battle info analyzing against people's posting = :getin:

jesus merk and ecoo why don't you guys just get married already. the illiad has less petty bullshit than your posting.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

which is impressive because its a freaking dramatic tragedy based on petty bullshit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like here is the thing: We vote ecco off fast, boom, that's it, and the other thread has more time to post and argue and force connections.

To be clear, even if ecco is scum, and definitely scum, we should also be sure to look elsewhere as well. This isn't just a "vote off scum and win" game, this is a "vote off scum better and more effectively than the other team" game.

We have good momentum going and we have a narrow lead, and I'd like to make the most of the time that we have.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey I've moved on, merk is the one going ahab

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
or you know let's all stop posting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I do agree with Ecco here.

Look, we have a few people below the modline, and I'd really like them to post more, especially because they are some of my FAVORITEST POSTERS.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

or you know let's all stop posting.

Well, I was watching the Cubs game, but it quickly turned ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still trying to puzzle out exactly what happened to me during the night.

• Locked thread