Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Is there a provision for reversing trades? I don't think any are 100% official until 2pm today are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Saints are having a press conference at 11.30. I highly doubt we'll get the trade reversed, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me because the AFL does whatever it wants.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whilst the doing of drugs is silly enough, (drugs are bad kids, just say no), why would anyone be so stupid as to film themselves doing it, and then post it on snapchat as Carlisle is reputed to have done?

I mean with Bennell it was an opportunistic friend who took the pictures hoping to sell them at a later date. A complete arsehole move, but understandable. But why take it yourself, and even if you didn't take the footage yourself, why put it on snapchat?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Carlisle you loving spud

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shmoses posted:

Is there a provision for reversing trades? I don't think any are 100% official until 2pm today are they?

I don't think so. I think it would constitute a formal contract between the clubs and players and it would only be broken if all parties involved agreed. But the other guy said, the AFL might be able to do whatever it wants.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

Saints are having a press conference at 11.30. I highly doubt we'll get the trade reversed, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me because the AFL does whatever it wants.

Yerr I think unless there was proof that Essendon knew and were responsible for releasing the video, it's gonna be 'no-take backsies'.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Nah, the trade won't get reversed.

Is there a standard punishment for taking drugs, or is this one of those "three strikes" things? It could just end up being embarrassing for the Saints but nothing much more.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So it seems last years lack of off-season shenanigans from St Kilda was more a sabbatical than turning the corner?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

So it seems last years lack of off-season shenanigans from St Kilda was more a sabbatical than turning the corner?

They certainly came to the right club if they wanted to trade for a scandal.

The fact that Carlisle was drafted using a pick from the Andrew Lovett trade cracks me up. Truly the gift that keeps on giving.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

TG-Chrono posted:

Carlisle has released a statement pretty much confirming he took some pixie dust and is really sorry that he did so.

What an absolute moron. spends half the year bitching about Essendon, finally gets his big money trade to the club he wanted then immediately goes and does this. He really is one of the dumbest people in the league.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm beginning to think that professional athletes are perhaps not the intellectual heavyweights we all assume them to be.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
May be another 3 way trade in the works. Suns had 10 recruiters and Rodney Eade show up at AFL house this morning, and there's rumors floating around that the Pies are shopping Melbournes 1st pick next year (that the Suns have) as part of the Aish deal.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'd much rather collingwood have our 1st rounder than gold coast, will make beating them all the sweeter.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

What an absolute moron. spends half the year bitching about Essendon, finally gets his big money trade to the club he wanted then immediately goes and does this. He really is one of the dumbest people in the league.

Everything I've seen appears to indicate that the video appears to have been recorded a while ago.

E: Appears to appear. It's too early and I'm too hungover to form sentences properly.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 22, 2015

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Everything I've seen appears to indicate that the video appears to have been recorded a while ago.

E: Appears to appear. It's too early and I'm too hungover to form sentences properly.

It was taken about a week ago and snap chatted to at least one of his mates, who replayed it a week later, filmed it on another device and sold it to the media. So it possibly makes him even dumber because he was still in limbo at the time it was taken.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Footballers really love their coke.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

It was taken about a week ago and snap chatted to at least one of his mates, who replayed it a week later, filmed it on another device and sold it to the media. So it possibly makes him even dumber because he was still in limbo at the time it was taken.

I don't think you can replay a snapchat, isn't that kind of the point of them? My guess is he sent it to multiple people, someone saw it, messaged someone else who had been sent it but hadn't viewed it and they organised to record it off the second persons phone.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

I don't think you can replay a snapchat, isn't that kind of the point of them? My guess is he sent it to multiple people, someone saw it, messaged someone else who had been sent it but hadn't viewed it and they organised to record it off the second persons phone.

I don't use snap chat but apparently you can replay a snap chat video once a week, so whoever he sent it to waited until they could replay it and recorded it then. At least that is what The Age is saying.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

I always assumed high performance athletes always take drugs because they don't want the bad things from beer (carbs?). Well that's what I read about known drug taker Ben Cousins I think, he never drank beer because it affected his running but drugs were A. O. K.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Solemn Sloth posted:

you can review some snapchats once per day
there are also means to download snapchats without the sender knowing

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Old people try to figure out new technology ITT.

I don't have snapchat either. :sigh:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Some of the ads on trade radio are dumb as hell

"GWS were unable to get a deal for Hawk superstar Lance Franklin, but the Swans swooped in at the last minute to get a great deal. You too can swoop in on a great deal with some dumb business I can't remember"

I'm pretty sure Franklin knew he was going to the Swans 12 months out.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Some of the ads on trade radio are dumb as hell

"GWS were unable to get a deal for Hawk superstar Lance Franklin, but the Swans swooped in at the last minute to get a great deal. You too can swoop in on a great deal with some dumb business I can't remember"

I'm pretty sure Franklin knew he was going to the Swans 12 months out.

I listen to a lot of SF Giants games on the radio and their ads are much worse

"Still paying those high electricity bills? Well that's a swiiinnnng and a miss"
"Another Giants season is underway.....but unfortunately so is termite season...."

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

50% of the ads talking about great deals were just trolling freo over the Lloyd/Cummings and Mcleod

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Radio ads are always twice as annoying/overbearing/stupid as their TV counterparts.

I don't know if its that TV ads cost more so more thought is put into them and higher end businesses use them, or if it is some marketing thing wherein a radio listener needs something extra loud and obnoxious to actually pay attention to and not tune out as white noise.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The ads on trade radio are better than the bits that aren't ads.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Cloud the Cat posted:

I always assumed high performance athletes always take drugs because they don't want the bad things from beer (carbs?). Well that's what I read about known drug taker Ben Cousins I think, he never drank beer because it affected his running but drugs were A. O. K.

yeah alcohol gives you skin folds, drugs dont. players have been hitting the gear in the off season for decades because if they drink too much they get slaughtered by the coaching staff on their skin folds when they come back

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They certainly came to the right club if they wanted to trade for a scandal.

The fact that Carlisle was drafted using a pick from the Andrew Lovett trade cracks me up. Truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Oh god really?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

yeah alcohol gives you skin folds, drugs dont. players have been hitting the gear in the off season for decades because if they drink too much they get slaughtered by the coaching staff on their skin folds when they come back

A friend of mine went to a ballet school in WA and the teachers tell them that if they wat to party not to drink but to take pills instead. They also advise them to take up smoking.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I think this is what the 3 way Lions/Pies/Roos trade looks like when you add it all together...

LIONS
Out: Aish, 17, 26
In: Bastinac, 38, 40, Roos 2016 3rd, Pies 2106 2nd

NORTH
Out: Bastinac, 38, 40, 2016 3rd
In: 17, 26, 28, 47

PIES
Out: 28, 47, 2016 2nd
In: Aish, 34, 53

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Pick 28 has had an exciting journey so far this year:

Geelong to Adelaide
Adelaide to Carlton
Carlton to GWS
GWS to Collingwood
Collingwood to North

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
If Everitt goes (reportedly traded to Suns), Liam Jones will be the only remaining player of the Blues top 10 for scoreboard impact per game since '12.
Top lel. Burn the stump, salt the earth.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TG-Chrono posted:

If Everitt goes (reportedly traded to Suns), Liam Jones will be the only remaining player of the Blues top 10 for scoreboard impact per game since '12.
Top lel. Burn the stump, salt the earth.

Not sure if the deal will get done in time.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Carlton trade r2 (curr 20), r2 on-traded (curr 21) & 2016 r4 to WBulldogs for r1 (curr 11) & 2016 rd3.
Pick 11 could be traded for Tomlinson.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Pick 28 has had an exciting journey so far this year:

Geelong to Adelaide
Adelaide to Carlton
Carlton to GWS
GWS to Collingwood
Collingwood to North

Pick 19 has been floating around since 2011 I think. Someone's compo for losing a player to the Suns or something.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Pick 19 has been floating around since 2011 I think. Someone's compo for losing a player to the Suns or something.

Yeah, this is the AFL.com write up for pick 19:

19. Richmond (received from Gold Coast as part of the Charlie Dixon trade; received by Gold Coast from Greater Western Sydney via a trade in 2012; traded to the Giants by Fremantle in 2011; originally received by the Dockers as compensation for Rhys Palmer)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

TG-Chrono posted:

Carlton trade r2 (curr 20), r2 on-traded (curr 21) & 2016 r4 to WBulldogs for r1 (curr 11) & 2016 rd3.
Pick 11 could be traded for Tomlinson.

Apparently giants have rejected pick 11

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Rhys Palmer might retire before that pick gets used.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

Yeah, this is the AFL.com write up for pick 19:

19. Richmond (received from Gold Coast as part of the Charlie Dixon trade; received by Gold Coast from Greater Western Sydney via a trade in 2012; traded to the Giants by Fremantle in 2011; originally received by the Dockers as compensation for Rhys Palmer)

And after all that it'll probably end up at Carlton where it gets wasted on some spud no one other than Carlton rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Yaz to Richmond for pick 19.

And after all that it'll probably end up at Carlton where it gets wasted on some spud no one other than Carlton rates.

Jack Silvagni come on dowwwwwn.

• Locked thread