Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Well, I was watching the Cubs game, but it quickly turned ugly.

Cubs could have had a chance, but Merk made it about pizza and well we know how New York vs. Chicago pizza goes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Cubs could have had a chance, but Merk made it about pizza and well we know how New York vs. Chicago pizza goes...

You know my terrible secret is that a deep dish pizza is terrific and delicious, I prefer a thin crust pizza, but I like the Chicago cut squares. :)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

You know my terrible secret is that a deep dish pizza is terrific and delicious, I prefer a thin crust pizza, but I like the Chicago cut squares. :)

Well you are what you eat.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Really I want to vote for Asiina, but there was no counter-claim of an investigative role and I really feel like we would have had one. I feel like Asiina in her right mind would have definitely followed through investigating Ecco (why in the world wouldn't you?!) and her claiming cop in the first place seems a bit unnecessary. Assuming she is a cop-esque role, then she didn't need to claim it then - but neither would scum need to fakeclaim it.

Maybe she claimed copping Diqnol in case of a tracker/watcher? I'm not sure. The lack of a counter-claim makes me think town though she comes off as scummy.

Looking through some randos, while Opop has been IRL on vacation, he did post this that made me wary:

Opopanax posted:

My scum tell is that I'm in a game. Because I'm always scum

A jokey-joke for sure but one that bears looking at.

Looking through post histories, here is who I would vote for:

##vote cpig

I mean sure, an easy choice. Hasn't done much but be combative which is normal.

would also vote ecco at day's end. you have my sword merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's completely fine to say you'd vote ecco at day's end.

I don't think we'll improve our case on ecco by focusing there, however.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Really I want to vote for Asiina, but there was no counter-claim of an investigative role and I really feel like we would have had one. I feel like Asiina in her right mind would have definitely followed through investigating Ecco (why in the world wouldn't you?!) and her claiming cop in the first place seems a bit unnecessary. Assuming she is a cop-esque role, then she didn't need to claim it then - but neither would scum need to fakeclaim it.

Maybe she claimed copping Diqnol in case of a tracker/watcher? I'm not sure. The lack of a counter-claim makes me think town though she comes off as scummy.

Looking through some randos, while Opop has been IRL on vacation, he did post this that made me wary:

A jokey-joke for sure but one that bears looking at.

Looking through post histories, here is who I would vote for:

##vote cpig

I mean sure, an easy choice. Hasn't done much but be combative which is normal.

would also vote ecco at day's end. you have my sword merk

What are your broader thoughts on the game and some players? You've mentioned Asiina and Cpig, is there anybody else you have a feeling on?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

It's completely fine to say you'd vote ecco at day's end.

I don't think we'll improve our case on ecco by focusing there, however.

Don't disagree.

Cpig I'm calling you out. What is your purpose? You voted Ecco for no reason afaik other than to bandwagon. Then you switched to Mithross with no explanation. Explain please.

Asiina, please explain why you chose Diqnol instead of Ecco, the obvious choice.

Beetphyxious, who are you? Hi!

TheNabster I'm assuming you requested a replacement! You can't respond to this maybe?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Don't disagree.

Cpig I'm calling you out. What is your purpose? You voted Ecco for no reason afaik other than to bandwagon. Then you switched to Mithross with no explanation. Explain please.

Asiina, please explain why you chose Diqnol instead of Ecco, the obvious choice.

Beetphyxious, who are you? Hi!

TheNabster I'm assuming you requested a replacement! You can't respond to this maybe?

What do you think about Merk and TMM?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

What are your broader thoughts on the game and some players? You've mentioned Asiina and Cpig, is there anybody else you have a feeling on?

I read FoxTerrier, KB, and Merk as townie. I have a semi-townie read on Bowmore. The rest are uncivilized, my lord, and I feel they are unknown quantities.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

What do you think about Merk and TMM?

Haven't looked at TMM. Will do so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

Cpig I'm calling you out.

busb posted:

Capitalist Pig has requested a replacement.
not to say his replacement doesn't need a good being called out either but.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Was TMM requesting the item not a soft scumclaim? His hinting he has a Greek-location-only passive makes me think he's town, but that's a bit of a jump to make. I like his post where he says he can't fight in Trojan territory yet. The more I'm reading the more I heavily lean town actually but it leads me to look more at Verr.

Verr seems to spend most of the previous day distracting from discussion - like, actively telling people not to focus on it but focus on some kind of battlemath, as if knowing who would and would not want to go into battle would tell us anything on Day 1 (wouldn't it be feasible that scum would WANT to go into battle and also NOT want to go into battle?). It's an excuse to stay removed from conversation and is scummy. Trying to make the battle party FOR Keane is also scummy.

Also

Verr posted:

what's the right call on asiina? lynch next round if the scum don't kill them?

Despite having apparently not played in awhile, this is pretty dumb and obviously not right. Seems willfully obtuse and scummy. Would vote Verr.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

not to say his replacement doesn't need a good being called out either but.

I am calling out Capitalist Pig's ghost.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Little Mac posted:

hi i'm TheNabsters replacement and i'm still reading the thread

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tommunist posted:

Hi Tommunist! Don't you hate it when OPs don't update the playerlist link's in the OP?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Little Mac posted:

Hi Tommunist! Don't you hate it when OPs don't update the playerlist link's in the OP?

amongst other things yes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tommunist posted:

Reading is scummy, town players play with this *tears open chest to reveal a beating heart, removes it and hands it to Tommunist*

You have now stolen my heart, friend.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You are correct Little Mac, I do have a semi

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Don't you hate it when ur at work and phonemodding?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

I know right.

hey as a brief aside before I go to trivia for the night, but would the people who are saying "ecco is deffo scumo today-o" say why? I promise not to respond to you until the end of the day (at the earliest), but, it's better for the town if we know why, since if I do flip scum it'll be easier to find who genuinely thought it and who was bussing :eng101:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm phone posting still but Verr was around for my claim, responded to it, but didn't change votes, while saying I should be lynched if not nk'd. This combined with scummy play earlier in D1 is why I am voting for him.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Verr seems to spend most of the previous day distracting from discussion - like, actively telling people not to focus on it but focus on some kind of battlemath, as if knowing who would and would not want to go into battle would tell us anything on Day 1 (wouldn't it be feasible that scum would WANT to go into battle and also NOT want to go into battle?). It's an excuse to stay removed from conversation and is scummy. Trying to make the battle party FOR Keane is also scummy.

Despite having apparently not played in awhile, this is pretty dumb and obviously not right. Seems willfully obtuse and scummy. Would vote Verr.

Man what.

CCKeane posted:

I gotta choose my team.

Anybody have ideas? I'd like to hear from Diqnol in particular.

Still riding the battle volunteers/cowards train, hopefully I'll have a better read later tonight.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm phone posting still but Verr was around for my claim, responded to it, but didn't change votes, while saying I should be lynched if not nk'd. This combined with scummy play earlier in D1 is why I am voting for him.

sorry about that dude, but I don't really know what the safe read is on someone who claims to be a cop. shouldn't you probably have died? we're hoping that you're not scum and instead somebody with a guard ability used it on you?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

also I dont think changing my vote have mattered. could have added ecco to the pool of possible candidates but otherwise would have only shuffled my vote around.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Wins90210 replaces capitalist pig!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wins I'm calling you out

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Haha, PMom got probated.

Mock him while he can't fight back!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
PMom got probated for the a terrible reason because he is a big dumb idiot.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Pmom is first in banquets but last in fights.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have a question. How did Asiina get wounded when she wasn't in the battle?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I mean I know I'm sort of claiming the same thing, but I wasn't specifically told I was wounded.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I can speak to this a little bit because I've decided I'm probably never going to use mine and it doesn't seem especially useful to me in this kind of game. I have an ability to cause a wound to someone not in combat. I thought this was a super cool ability that would let me wound someone in the other thread that wasn't in combat, but no, it is only usable on people in this thread. So I guess it's supposed to be the equivalent of a town half-vig or something? Seems pretty drat useless to me now.

But obviously someone else has the same ability then and used it on Asiina? Maybe a scum version?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It says I was assaulted when walking around the camp. :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Haha, PMom got probated.

Mock him while he can't fight back!

Pee-Dumb posts in YOSPOS :lol:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

EccoRaven (2): merk, bowmore
wins32767 (1): Little Mac
Verr (1): Asiina

Not Voting (11): Beetphyxious, CCKeane, EccoRaven, FoxTerrier, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Rarity, TMMadman, Tommunist, Verr, wins32767

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 16 hours.

Day 2 is Standard Majority!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
that's a fast deadline.

I will definitely NOT be around for it, and not in that "oh I'll still be around for a bit with my phone and stuff" way. I will not be around much of tomorrow as I will be enplaned. I will not be around for much of Friday as I have a million billion social engagements and not enough Ecco to go around for them.

I'm fine with you all voting me out today (as fine as I can be at least) but please say why. Just doing it mindlessly will not only piss me off but hurt the town even more than two days of hounding me has.

Also please make cases in general. Talk with each other more! Diqnol is gone and I will be too, soon, so it's time to step up and replace the gaping void left by our egos.

~~~~~~~~

My main suspicion is merk as I've said earlier today, a suspicion that none of you have bothered to talk about at all (aside from a handful of people going "oh yeah merk is def town" for no reason).

I really, really dislike Asiina not investigating me, as it feels like such a pro-scum move. If she's scum fakeclaiming it's exactly what she'd have to say. I don't really support pursuing her today but I don't like how Little Mac is the only one actively agreeing with me here (see below).

Something has been bugging me about Little Mac all game and it's not something good. I mentioned day 1 how he came in and talked a big talk before disappearing for a few more days, which is really not very good, and though he's put out more content today it still isn't ringing "town" to me. He got lost in the shuffle there but I think he's a solid person to pursue, if not today then very soon.

I really don't think Verr is scum. I think people are trumping him up because he's a newer player and it's an easy case since he has played suboptimally, but none of his decisions feel like scum ones.

CPig and Nabster were pretty worthless, if either/both of them are scum that's pretty shameful.

On that note, if Rarity and/or FoxTerrier turn out to be scum I will be very disappointed, not at them, just in general, because they've been the most sensible people in the game. I know that sensible does not necessarily mean town but if they're the scum then what the heck is all of your excuses?

I don't agree with Rarity's case but I've had funny feelings about KB since our spat yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if he was scum. But I can't prove it now and don't have the time to do so later, so feel free to post a million words defending yourself KB, it will go unacknowledged by me (through no fault of your own or mine).

I would not be opposed to another lurker vote today. I know it might not be politically palatable but it feels like the best maneuver strategically, if only because of the battle mechanics.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

I can speak to this a little bit because I've decided I'm probably never going to use mine and it doesn't seem especially useful to me in this kind of game. I have an ability to cause a wound to someone not in combat. I thought this was a super cool ability that would let me wound someone in the other thread that wasn't in combat, but no, it is only usable on people in this thread. So I guess it's supposed to be the equivalent of a town half-vig or something? Seems pretty drat useless to me now.

But obviously someone else has the same ability then and used it on Asiina? Maybe a scum version?

hey speaking of asiina not investigating me, why didn't you attack me? you were so confident that I was/am scum you were foregoing other reads but you sat on a half-vig night 1 and said "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

that's a fast deadline.

I have to choose a couple of specific times where i am able to be present in the thread - and without a comod my only option for deadlines is going to be my saturday or my monday/tuesday. (so US Friday night then Sunday/Monday night).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
wasn't criticizing just commenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok doing some rereads.

Mac lurks his way through D1, the only thing he does is say he would be willing to vote Ecco "on principle" before later adding that her tone feels "insincere". When it gets close to deadline he goes out to a restaurant with friends but still manages to be around enough to not only vote Asii but also switch his vote in reaction to her claim. He's already provided more content on D2, he notes suspicions of Asiina but then drops a vote on Cpig for "be combative which is normal". I do find it sketchy that Mac would be willing to drop a vote on Cpig purely for his meta, I already went over this with people during D1 and I think there are valid reasons for voting Cpig but Mac's ignoring those in favour of an easy case. He then throws shade at Verr for the same obvious newbie mistakes that others have thrown shade at him for.

Mac, what's forming your semi-town read on bowmore? That one intrigues me.

Cpig does his typical thing of dropping votes on people without explanation, both of them being bad bandwagony type votes and that's the bit that gets me. Normally with Cpig I find his D1 votes to be completely scattershot, here he's focusing in on people who have already got heat on them. I know this isn't really a lot to go on but I struggle to read Cpig so I'm trying to make sense of him the best I can.

Fox has some actual content, yay! First there's the scumtell post which has been hashed to death as part of the Ecco thing but I still like it. Huge long posts of content, I can't see someone who's only played scum once going in so deep for their second scum game. Lots of logical thought, lots of good questioning, reactions read as genuine. Yeah, I'm thinking the post that originally had me a little suspicious is just Fox being a player who likes to fully express their thought processes.

Overall, I'd vote either Mac or Cpig, out of the two leaning Mac due to their being a bit more content there.

• Locked thread