Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Baal posted:

My stuff's working now. What does the Pumpkin CE do so I know how hosed I am when I need to start grinding candy.

Check this. You can buy all but one of the CEs that give you extra poo poo just with the event items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

Have you updated your version of FGO yet? That might be why because I just updated and things are running smoothly for now. I'm just blasting through the story events.

Yeah, I had it updated hours ago. Did some fiddling with it just now and it's working. Not sure what the issue was a few minutes ago.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Muscle fou-kun is now a new meme :v:

Baal posted:

My stuff's working now. What does the Pumpkin CE do so I know how hosed I am when I need to start grinding candy.
Here's a chart. The CE on left is from roll only and the right is from exchange shop.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, at least for me, the servers have stopped violently making GBS threads themselves.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, what do you know?

:smug:

Of course, this means that after this event(and acquiring Halloween Liz) that 3/4 of my 4*+ Servants are Casters(Liz, Hallow Liz, Tamamo, Waver), but what can you do? :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Because of how her NP works, Tamamo works best in teams of already ascended Servants (amongst other things it reduces skill recharge time).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

Well, what do you know?

:smug:

Of course, this means that after this event(and acquiring Halloween Liz) that 3/4 of my 4*+ Servants are Casters(Liz, Hallow Liz, Tamamo, Waver), but what can you do? :v:

Grats!

I still haven't dared spend any of my quartz/tickets yet, because i'll probably rageuninstall the fuckin game if i don't get her

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just relax. All things come to he who waits :smugdog:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Grats!

I still haven't dared spend any of my quartz/tickets yet, because i'll probably rageuninstall the fuckin game if i don't get her

Yeah, I burned through the 13 summon cards and didn't really get anything of particular note, then decided to do a 40-quartz draw, and it was loaded with goodies. Besides Tamamo, picked up a Kaleidoscope too along with my second Formalcraft. Also got a few other 4* CEs that I was missing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Caster Elizabeth's expressions are cute as hell. :3:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
20 quartz later, I have all the candy needed to get her to max ascension and have her NP to level 5. Now I can just leisurly farm the rest of the event for the various statues and other stuff :toot:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I got her on my 15th ticket aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

e: And then i got Lancer Liz after that

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, glancing around the stages while waiting for my AP to recharge, I found Tamamo's Interlude(it's in AD 0060) but it has a reward item I don't even remotely recognize. Is that the NP upgrade thing? It's a golden coin with Excalibur on it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

-Troika- posted:

20 quartz later, I have all the candy needed to get her to max ascension and have her NP to level 5. Now I can just leisurly farm the rest of the event for the various statues and other stuff :toot:

Does she take one candy for each ascension?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schubalts posted:

Does she take one candy for each ascension?

Apparently so! You can only get 4 candy total anyways.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

So, glancing around the stages while waiting for my AP to recharge, I found Tamamo's Interlude(it's in AD 0060) but it has a reward item I don't even remotely recognize. Is that the NP upgrade thing? It's a golden coin with Excalibur on it.

Ya, Emiya's second has that too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll save the Quartz for Semiramis or big titty Lancer Arturia Alter. gently caress you Delightworks

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ya, Emiya's second has that too

It means finishing that interlude upgrades your NP damage/effects.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, I've pushed through the main quest line and picked up my first Hallow Liz(and my second, since I had a bunch of candles), through using a Gold Fruit along with a timely level-up. I'll be holding off using quartz to refresh AP until the last day or two if I'm still short of items, and just steadily grind until then using standard recovery and the Gold Fruits that'll be dropping during those guerrilla quests.

Incidentally, what did you get pumpkins from? I've seen plenty of candles, and a decent number of bats so far, but not a single pumpkin.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Gold chests from skeletons are pumpkins, supposedly. I haven't seen a single gold chest, though. And the party time/guerilla quests can have them as rewards.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Koth posted:

Well, I've pushed through the main quest line and picked up my first Hallow Liz(and my second, since I had a bunch of candles), through using a Gold Fruit along with a timely level-up. I'll be holding off using quartz to refresh AP until the last day or two if I'm still short of items, and just steadily grind until then using standard recovery and the Gold Fruits that'll be dropping during those guerrilla quests.

Incidentally, what did you get pumpkins from? I've seen plenty of candles, and a decent number of bats so far, but not a single pumpkin.

I have some drop every few battles in the 40 AP mission.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Baal posted:

I'm still waiting for Rin Ishtar and Taiga Angry Cat then I have my waifu, it'll take a while for that tho.

Have they stated what class Rin is going to be? I can only think it's either Rider or Berserker. I loaded up on Rider monuments in the Orion event purely off speculation. And the false assumption that I'll be able to scout her when she is introduced to the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would honestly assume Caster if she does end up being Ishtar.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Has anyone else been getting some lag in Fate G/O? I keep getting a bunch of it ever since I got the update.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Well, I didn't get Tamamo Caster with my multi-roll but I did get Tamamo Cat. Now I can pair her up with my Vlad and have a strong Berserker team.

edit: I just did another couple rolls where one was a silver Berserker card that then did some electrifying effect and trasnformed into a gold Berserker card with a second Tamamo Cat. I've never seen that happen before.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 22, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I finally binged through the rest of UBW and holy gently caress is Shirou going off to fight ISIS at the end? :stare:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also it was a bit slow in the middle but episodes 20-24 :tviv:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Did a 40 roll, got bondage Liz and a Kaleidascope.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So I finally binged through the rest of UBW and holy gently caress is Shirou going off to fight ISIS at the end? :stare:

He joins the Al-Nusra brigades, that's why the world wanted him dead.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
are gold apples a permanent item or an event only consumeable

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

He joins the Al-Nusra brigades, that's why the world wanted him dead.

Wouldn't joining up with the Kurds be more likely as the sort of silly heroic ideal thing for him to do?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

EzEight posted:

are gold apples a permanent item or an event only consumeable

They're the AP-restoring cash shop item.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raenir Salazar posted:

Wouldn't joining up with the Kurds be more likely as the sort of silly heroic ideal thing for him to do?

Yeah I pretty much interpreted this as what he's doing. I wanna see that anime tbh

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nero is very cool

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Compendium posted:

Nero Uncle Vlad is very cool

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Nero has the best Saber personality.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I want to marry Nero.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm pissed off that Nasu didn't mad eher the OC Saber instead of boring rear end Arturia

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Arturia's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Arturia's always number one to me. She has a wonderfully nerdy, but diligent personality.