Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I have a couple of new applicants to LLJK in Supercard - Chase and Thatguyclint

Please let me know that you're not randoms trying to take the few slots available. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

AlmightyPants posted:

I have a couple of new applicants to LLJK in Supercard - Chase and Thatguyclint

Please let me know that you're not randoms trying to take the few slots available. Thanks!

Hi, hello, yes! Reporting for duty!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sup bb

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Xavier Woods just uploaded Gameplay footage to his YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgcPOQnw0oc

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://youtu.be/T1AjACkmBbk

Spoilers for career mode, not the final build but c'mon... its 2k, it's probably the final build.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 20, 2015

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I didn't see anywhere mention this yet - but I LOVE how they have removed blackscreen from wrestler entrances/match transition. Such a subtle but fantastic change.

I was very impressed with the NXT tag team entrances from that MyCareer footage. Both Baron and the other guy were in the ring together and here comes Finn and hideo with not a blackscreen in sight.

There was a WWE game a couple of years ago which used the crowd 'loading' screens and it was great, but it went away until 2K16. Glad to see it back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

super macho dude posted:

http://youtu.be/T1AjACkmBbk

Spoilers for career mode, not the final build but c'mon... its 2k, it's probably the final build.

Those loading screens are HILARIOUS ... as is that CAW. It looks awful.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Those loading screens are HILARIOUS ... as is that CAW. It looks awful.

At long last a Totino's pizza roll design for my CAWs. Pre-ordered.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One more subtle change I noticed, the reversals that 'hurt' your opponent now have indicators to set them apart from normal ones. Like the ones where you shove them down or something have the ring around the prompt that turns red or green depending on if you did it right. That's nice considering they're now a meter rather than infinite, so you can see if it's worth using one if you're low.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wow, I haven't played a WWE game since '12 and I just assumed these would look way better. It looks like the graphics and animation haven't improved at all, and the exact same level of jank is present every step of the way.

I wish they used the typical fighting game model instead of the sports/Activision model. Just release one game every 3-5 years and put out a ton of DLC for it. :(

Like, I wouldn't even care how cash-grabby or exploitative the DLC is. Charge us $30 for stuff on the disc, whatever. Anything to break this cycle of half-baked games every year.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Minidust posted:

Wow, I haven't played a WWE game since '12 and I just assumed these would look way better. It looks like the graphics and animation haven't improved at all, and the exact same level of jank is present every step of the way.

Welcome back, I see you've gotten up to speed quickly.

Maybe once we get to the PS5, the WWE graphics will be as good as late-gen PS3 games.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Minidust posted:

I wish they used the typical fighting game model instead of the sports/Activision model. Just release one game every 3-5 years and put out a ton of DLC for it. :(

Like, I wouldn't even care how cash-grabby or exploitative the DLC is. Charge us $30 for stuff on the disc, whatever. Anything to break this cycle of half-baked games every year.

If that made them more money they would do it. It's far more profitable to release a $60 game with $40 with of DLC for it each year.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They need some amazing, 5* female developers to show everyone what programming's about. Ones who can make the Game of the Year.

Or maybe they make an amazing web game and when they get to the main studio, they get two weeks of development time.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The game is actually looking good, but I have been falling for that each year since SVR06!

Can we have a bet on what this year's crippling glitch/issue will be?

I have a feeling it's going to be server related and all of the create features will be useless. Pretty sure one of the post SVR games had this issue, and it didn't work for MONTHS, if at all?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Having your friend's CAWs invade your story mode seems pretty cool I guess :unsmith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

simosimo posted:

The game is actually looking good, but I have been falling for that each year since SVR06!

Yea this is where I'm at. On paper everything looks neat and seems like a solid refinement of what 15 did, but, ya know, every goddamn year WWE pulls the football out from under me and I never go 'I should stop kicking this football' so I don't know if I even know what a good wrestlegame is anymore.

What is reality, in this cold and bleak WWE Universe?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is there a PC release date for this yet? I don't want to get the PS3 version since I won't be able to add custom music.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no and they wont announce one until 8 months after release probably

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

If that made them more money they would do it. It's far more profitable to release a $60 game with $40 with of DLC for it each year.

That's just a business model though. If they did a 2-3 year base game release schedule they could easily mete out the DLC with $100+ worth annually. Just release a seasonal "Spring/Summer/Fall 2016 Pack" updates every few months and charge $25 per season for it. More time to work on base games, easier on their workers, similar amounts of money.

It's been demonstrated that people do buy less when a game is unsubtitled, like why Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 were the same time frame like 2/Brotherhood/Revelations were but still had separate full numbers. Though Ubisoft abandoned that altogether with Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate, so maybe the WWE games could do just as well if they called their seasonal packs something different instead of using annual names (I don't even know what numbers the newer AC games are supposed to be now).

I guess the only issue there is with console/PC, because even though getting console games via download from shops is growing, physical copies are still big, while the PC game store market is being overtaken by Steam.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

simosimo posted:

Can we have a bet on what this year's crippling glitch/issue will be?

I have a feeling it's going to be server related and all of the create features will be useless. Pretty sure one of the post SVR games had this issue, and it didn't work for MONTHS, if at all?
Server stuff's basically a bell curve. Either a publisher puts no money and attention into it and it fails, or the game is so popular that it's basically unmanageable for long stretches (see: MGS5). It's best to be medium-popular I suppose. 2K16 will not be popular.

I've never played online matchups but I imagine they would be terrible and besides, this series seems easy to game. It's also always annoyed me that they tend to balance the entire game around covering multiplayer exploits, eg giving all created finishers the power equivalent of an Angle Slam against the AI.

* As for the 2-3 year model / DLC, I guess that probably works for really popular MMOs but it's hard to imagine any DLC support for a conventional game stretching longer than a year. Maybe it's way off but I'd compare it to something like Tabletop RPG games - you've got the core books you need to play the game in the first place, and a ton of extraneous supplement books for hardcore players. The thing is, the supplements rarely turn a profit, all the money is in the core books. Hence frequent new editions of rulesets and the like. If Hasbro or whoever said "you know what, this version is good, let's go with this for 10 years", they would run out of money to pay themselves. Were I a publisher I would be highly skeptical of the idea that long-term DLC scheduling could sustain interest in a game and make me money.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 22, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
They were suggesting a fighting game-style release, like how Street Fighter didn't get individual DLC, but re-releases with additional characters (or digital upgrades to the base game, I suppose).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Lady Naga posted:

They were suggesting a fighting game-style release, like how Street Fighter didn't get individual DLC, but re-releases with additional characters (or digital upgrades to the base game, I suppose).

Well now the SF model is actually going to be release individual DLC so that's where the money is I guess.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Evil Canadian posted:

Well now the SF model is actually going to be release individual DLC so that's where the money is I guess.

Isn't it a Killer Impact/MOBA thing where there's a rotation of free characters every week?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Lady Naga posted:

Isn't it a Killer Impact/MOBA thing where there's a rotation of free characters every week?

Nope, buy the game to get the 16 characters, then every ??? length of time here is a new character for you to buy.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The fans of this series probably care as much about the entrances as they do about the way the game plays

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I think the number one thing they need to do is find an identity for the game, because right now they're trying to be everything while succeeding at nothing. I realize you need to tack on some sort of story-driven single player mode to sell to audiences these days but if the game was just exhibition + online + maybe universe they'd be able to focus on things that are actually important, and maybe we'd get a balanced and fun experience out of it (lol).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I think the number one thing they need to do is find an identity for the game, because right now they're trying to be everything while succeeding at nothing. I realize you need to tack on some sort of story-driven single player mode to sell to audiences these days but if the game was just exhibition + online + maybe universe they'd be able to focus on things that are actually important, and maybe we'd get a balanced and fun experience out of it (lol).

People who like this series of games get buckwild when you take out one attire, and you want to drop half the game? The toothpaste is out of the tube, if they take something out now they have to replace it with something else or the game will be seen as a step backwards. Even if you're not having a balanced and fun experience, the creation suites have spawned the only halfway interesting thing about this game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the most stable wwe online game experiences i ever had were playing smackdown vs raw 2006 on the ps2.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't remember much about 06 online but I remember suddenly being unable to play with somebody after adding them to my friends list in 07.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashy_mcflash posted:

People who like this series of games get buckwild when you take out one attire, and you want to drop half the game? The toothpaste is out of the tube, if they take something out now they have to replace it with something else or the game will be seen as a step backwards. Even if you're not having a balanced and fun experience, the creation suites have spawned the only halfway interesting thing about this game.

I'm posting about a fantasy world where Yukes makes good games so obviously my ideas are worth dick to begin with.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Actually wait - 07 featured the greatest moment I've ever had in any wrestling game.

Me vs. Grody. Samoa Joe vs. Takeshi Morishima. Last man standing.

Bell rings.

Immediate heavy irish whip to the outside.

Suicide dive.

Both down.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

Ding.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

See, I'd argue the exact opposite. Drop Universe, drop online even, considering how I never see any buzz about it being fun or competitive, and focus on making the core game fun for the person shelling out the 50 quid. Maybe that's cuz I'm weird and mostly play single-player stuff, but I wanna play goofy angles like Candice Michelle's magic wand or that retroactively creepy Undertaker one where Eddie was a zombie. One of the things that was so cool about No Mercy to me back in the day was the story mode being branching. That blew my fuckin' mind and is why I liked that one way better than any of the other AKI games.

Hell, NetherRealm deciding to put a real story mode in Mortal Kombat and Injustice got me playing fighting games for the first time in YEARS.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Depends on what you want out of a wrestling game, I guess. I'd want a really well balanced fighter with singleplayer modes that allow for unstructured creativity.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I just miss doing crazy poo poo, like hitting someone with an elbow drop from a helicopter.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i mainly miss kicking combination 2, russian neck drop, and six seconds magic

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I just want them to bring back the story creator so people can keep making fun dumb poo poo like VGCW.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Rhonne posted:

I just want them to bring back the story creator so people can keep making fun dumb poo poo like VGCW.

CHOCOLATE....

DROPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYXx6NswqE

I think I might buy it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Man, why does 2K make way better wrestling commercials than the WWE?