Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

after watching gameplay footage with 30+ second load times and clunky collision detection coupled with sluggish AI for what's clearly a rushed product masked by a portion of its budget going into advertising over focusing on presenting a playable product, i won't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Have no fear, you have the loyal fuckwits who buy the game day one (like me) to test if the game is poo poo or bad :)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Haha that's a fantastic crazy commercial.

Also

simosimo posted:

Have no fear, you have the loyal fuckwits who buy the game day one (like me) to test if the game is poo poo or bad :)

yea wait to see if guys like me are saying "AGH YA GOT ME AGAIN WRESTLING GAMES" before ordering it, we're already locked in to be the test monkeys, don't let our impulsive sacrifice go in vain.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

We have a lot of people here who post poo poo about the games even if they're OK. 2K14 was the best WWE game since Here Comes the Pain. We're coming off a bad year for the games, so people are not expecting much.

It's not like I'm not sitting pretty here though with the advantage of being able to listen if people moan piteously about it day 1 and then make my decision about picking it up on PC.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Despite its many, many faults. Last years game was the best playing game they put out in years, now with some features getting put back in to beef it up I got some hopes for it.

I will wait to see what CAW options are in though because that is make or break for me, was too light last year.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Despite its many, many faults. Last years game was the best playing game they put out in years, now with some features getting put back in to beef it up I got some hopes for it.

I will wait to see what CAW options are in though because that is make or break for me, was too light last year.

Yea this is why I got 16. I liked last year's gameplay but hated the barebones game. This one is an evolution with the cut back options back and a real career mode. If it delivers there I'm good.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Did someone say universe can populate with random CAWS? Can't seem to find confirmed info regarding this - I can't imagine it ever happening as no doubt you'd have hitlers, human pickahus and dong monsters in the main events.

Still awaiting some MDickie style repopulation / death for universe mode but it's never happening :(

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

simosimo posted:

I can't imagine it ever happening as no doubt you'd have hitlers, human pickahus and dong monsters in the main events.

Seth Rollins is a main eventer and he's most of those.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Seth Rollins is a main eventer and he's most of those.

Hey he only dated a Hitler

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

Did someone say universe can populate with random CAWS? Can't seem to find confirmed info regarding this - I can't imagine it ever happening as no doubt you'd have hitlers, human pickahus and dong monsters in the main events.

Still awaiting some MDickie style repopulation / death for universe mode but it's never happening :(

I think it's just the friends list thing for MyCareer again. So your pals' CAWs can be NXT job guys, just like they would be in real life!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really hope they add more tag entrances to the game. It drives me crazy how they didn't even put in generic ones last year

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Actually, there were more generic tag entrances (2) than there were generic singles entrances (1) and both had more than there were generic stable entrances (0).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Lady Naga posted:

Actually, there were more generic tag entrances (2) than there were generic singles entrances (1) and both had more than there were generic stable entrances (0).

You're right, I should have said I just want more generic entrances.

I don't want every trio to have to come out like Evolution, just let them walk to the ring like normal people

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How many tag teams and/or stables do we know are even going to be in this game? Vaudevillains, Lucha Dragons, Enzo and Cass (who probably won't have a CAW entrance), Usos, Ascension, New Day, Evolution, Shield...

e: Prime Time Players too, and the Wyatts who also probably won't get a CAW entrance.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 22, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bushwhackers. Natural Disasters. Hollywood Blondes. Maybe DX and E&C. PTP, I think.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If Faarooq's in then we'll probably get NoD.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

If Faarooq's in then we'll probably get NoD.

D'Lo and Mark are in as well.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Does anyone happen to have a link that has the devs or 2K confirming that characters from the HoF Showcase DLC will be playable elsewhere (because my Google fu is weak today)?

I kinda want to set up an Arn Anderson vs. Ken Shamrock title feud and I'd rather not resort to CAWs if possible.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

Does anyone happen to have a link that has the devs or 2K confirming that characters from the HoF Showcase DLC will be playable elsewhere (because my Google fu is weak today)?

I kinda want to set up an Arn Anderson vs. Ken Shamrock title feud and I'd rather not resort to CAWs if possible.

You should be able to. Last year had showcase wrestlers and wrestler packs.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
For anyone who's on the fence- rumor is KING HAKU is an unlockable skin. If this is true, this should have been the focal point of the marketing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Video game point ratings and whatever, but Stephanie McMahon is tied for the highest rated diva in 2k16 and rated higher than Rick Rude and Jake Roberts hahahahaha

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'm very glad Ronda won't be doing Wrestlemania because Triple H and Stephanie will never get their heat back

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Blast Fantasto posted:

Video game point ratings and whatever, but Stephanie McMahon is tied for the highest rated diva in 2k16 and rated higher than Rick Rude and Jake Roberts hahahahaha
A couple of games ago the Diva ratings were changed to be relative to each other, not compared to the men.

Gotta make Steph look strong.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The new moves look very cool and good, so I guess now I'll buy this piece of poo poo game.

I pray though they've included 2k15's move pack dlc which had Nakamura's stuff in it into the "old" moves list stuff.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

For anyone who's on the fence- rumor is KING HAKU is an unlockable skin. If this is true, this should have been the focal point of the marketing.

If this is true, then the Colossal Connection are going to tear through my universe mode.

I hope a lot of the legends have alternate costumes so we're not always stuck with things like Iraq Slaughter.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

yukes.gif

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

dsriggs posted:

yukes.gif

Loved how the video let it loop like 3 times before they moved on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhonne posted:

Man, why does 2K make way better wrestling commercials than the WWE?

Their commercial advertising Sting would have been a better build up for the arrival of Sting in WWE than what the WWE did.

KungFu Grip posted:

You should be able to. Last year had showcase wrestlers and wrestler packs.

Last year gave us Sid as a NPC. Never underestimate the stupidity of Yukes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Are those supposed to be sheer stockings or has Eva Marie just not shaved in a while?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

sticklefifer posted:

Are those supposed to be sheer stockings or has Eva Marie just not shaved in a while?

Her legs are cinnamon frosted.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Walking Dead extras looking good recently

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

So, that's where the Sims 3 graphics went.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Quality graphics, they almost kinda resemble who they are supposed ot be.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Do they spend more on scanning certain people? Last year's models for The Rock, Triple H, etc looked great, but ones like Roman Reigns had a weird uncanny valley thing. And even worse was the Summer Rae one where she looks like a meth'd out 40 year old.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

1st AD posted:

Do they spend more on scanning certain people? Last year's models for The Rock, Triple H, etc looked great, but ones like Roman Reigns had a weird uncanny valley thing. And even worse was the Summer Rae one where she looks like a meth'd out 40 year old.

Yeah probably, people that have been in multiple times faces also get better because they are already scanned and they can tweak the faces better. Nattie apparently looked real bad in 2k15 but looks normal in 2k16.

Davros1 posted:

Last year gave us Sid as a NPC. Never underestimate the stupidity of Yukes.

Sid was always supposed to be an NPC apparently. Just like Ted DiBiase being a manager only in 2K16.

TealShark posted:

I hope a lot of the legends have alternate costumes so we're not always stuck with things like Iraq Slaughter.

I think Slaughter is in his face attire this year because the render is that one. I know this Year they put Honky Tonk Man in his singlet instead of his jumpsuit only.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ_m1A4zmdQ

Here dat ECW arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnicnfKNdcM

Also, Rollin' is in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-9KSvswRQ

89 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 23, 2015

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

1st AD posted:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

What does Renee Young's 14 year old sister with braces have to do with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ugh, the ECW arena is almost enough to make me want to get this game. Love the inclusion of the plants at the entrance. It's a shame they couldn't use (or didn't attempt to get rights to) the likenesses of any of the ECW crowd regulars. Really would have put a nice touch on it. Also, the arena looks WAY too big but that's just me being a whiny baby. I was never there in person and only saw it on TV, so I don't really know the size of it but it certainly looks much larger in the game than on TV.