Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Tina Majorino is on that TNT Sean Bean show, but they do shorter cable seasons, so no great impediment there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"These sort of women don't need a cellphone to call a man, they just stand up wind and drop their panties"

:stonk: Haha holy poo poo I think this is my favourite personality yet

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

:stonk: Haha holy poo poo I think this is my favourite personality yet

Yeah, watching Liv be confident and take-charge was actually super fun, and it was interesting to see the real, ready to solo drink, socially isolated Liv come out at the end of the episode.

Also there's no way Babineaux hasn't noticed the personality weirdness, the show's highlighted his WTF expressions a couple of times now.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Liv is so incredible every week with all the different personalities. This one was definitely up there, along with the cranky old fella brains. Also, liv's roommate is ridiculously attractive.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

XboxPants posted:

"A long time ago, we used to be friends..." :allears::allears::allears::allears:

I paused the tv and giggled.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I had hoped that they would drop the personality of the week since it was the only thing i didn't really like about the show, but they seem to be having a lot of fun with it so far this season, so i don't mind it as much.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

Tina Majorino is on that TNT Sean Bean show, but they do shorter cable seasons, so no great impediment there.

Don't think she's in the second season.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

violetdragon posted:

I paused the tv and giggled.

I must have not watched real tv in too long if you can pause live TV now.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm loving how every week the detective becomes subtly more repulsed w/ Liv's behavior. I'm expecting him to just blow around mid-season this year.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aquasnake posted:

There are these things called DVRs, they've been around for a while.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Also that show is terrible and there's no way it outlives izombie

Oasx posted:

I had hoped that they would drop the personality of the week since it was the only thing i didn't really like about the show, but they seem to be having a lot of fun with it so far this season, so i don't mind it as much.

I've seen this comment a few times and I don't really understand it, it's the show's central gimmick and the only rationale for an ME partnering with a cop. It's like wishing that The Flash would quit it with all the speedster bullshit

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 22, 2015

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

FoxTerrier posted:

Killing the dude with the dog was the worst too. Like, poor Major. Can't he get a scum bag zombie to take out? No. He gets the family man with the loving kids, and the dude that just wants to walk his adorable dog.
Murdering people is one hell of a rubicon to cross too. I've not watched Rob Thomas' other shows, but I worry that eventually we'll be expected to just shrug that off and ignore the fact Major was abducting and killing people who begged for mercy. :(

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
My theory is that he's somehow Harriet Tubmanning them to safety, we've never actually seen one of those body bags moving before he shoots it and he does have two buddies who work at a morgue

I will admit that this theory is somewhat undercut by his drug addiction, obvious guilty conscience and new dog

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Soothing Vapors posted:

I've seen this comment a few times and I don't really understand it, it's the show's central gimmick and the only rationale for an ME partnering with a cop. It's like wishing that The Flash would quit it with all the speedster bullshit

She could still get the visions just without the drastic personality changes each time she eats a brain.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

She could still get the visions just without the drastic personality changes each time she eats a brain.
Like Vapors said, I really just do not understand how anybody could hold this opinion. The personality changes make the show.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Oasx posted:

The personality changes are the most important part of the show basically. How do you not enjoy her doing work with each new personality that inhabits her? It's fantastic TV. It's like the victim passively gets the chance to solve their own murder through Liv's eyes and they provide amazing insight and moments. I wish this show were on more than once a week.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Honestly, I'd say they're overdoing it.

Little More Liv in the mix would be much Moore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope that is one deep rear end river, or people are going to see like 20+ bodybags at the bottom on a good day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope that is one deep rear end river, or people are going to see like 20+ bodybags at the bottom on a good day.

Follow the river and it flows to giant intake valves for....MAX RAGER BOTTLING CO.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Let's hope zombisim can't be trasferred via the water supply!

But yeah...I like the personalities. And honestly, the great thing about it is if they need some episodes where that's pulled back and the focus is elsewhere, she can just eat the brains of pretty normal people for awhile. :shrug:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Yeah, watching Liv be confident and take-charge was actually super fun, and it was interesting to see the real, ready to solo drink, socially isolated Liv come out at the end of the episode.

Also there's no way Babineaux hasn't noticed the personality weirdness, the show's highlighted his WTF expressions a couple of times now.

My favorite Babineaux reaction was to Liv attempting to tap the keg in the second episode while they were interviewing all the frat bros for the first time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

raditts posted:

That's poppycock. Next thing you'll tell me is they have contraptions that let you talk over long distances without hollering.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

buddhanc posted:

The personality changes are the most important part of the show basically. How do you not enjoy her doing work with each new personality that inhabits her? It's fantastic TV. It's like the victim passively gets the chance to solve their own murder through Liv's eyes and they provide amazing insight and moments. I wish this show were on more than once a week.

For most of the first season i found the personalities a cringe worthy gimmick, and i enjoyed the show despite my dislike for them. They seem to have ramped up the humour this season, and i don't mind them so far, but it still feels like a gimmick designed to get attention.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

My theory is that he's somehow Harriet Tubmanning them to safety, we've never actually seen one of those body bags moving before he shoots it and he does have two buddies who work at a morgue

I will admit that this theory is somewhat undercut by his drug addiction, obvious guilty conscience and new dog

Yeah, I really don't think he's actually murdering them. He keeps dumping them off the same bridge so it would only be a matter of time before, y'know, someone discovers them floating downstream.
My guess is that he's not killing them, but he is tying them to something that weighs them down to keep them at the bottom of the river so nobody is the wise. It's not like they're gonna drown.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

Yeah, I really don't think he's actually murdering them. He keeps dumping them off the same bridge so it would only be a matter of time before, y'know, someone discovers them floating downstream.
My guess is that he's not killing them, but he is tying them to something that weighs them down to keep them at the bottom of the river so nobody is the wise. It's not like they're gonna drown.

And he shoots 2 holes in the bag so they have a bit of sunlight during the day?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

And he shoots 2 holes in the bag so they have a bit of sunlight during the day?

If he's not shooting them in the head then it's not like they're gonna bleed to death, either.

Look man, I'm just trying to keep hope alive for my boy Major.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

raditts posted:

If he's not shooting them in the head then it's not like they're gonna bleed to death, either.

Look man, I'm just trying to keep hope alive for my boy Major.

I'm not sure if shooting them twice and binding them at the bottom of a river makes him a significantly better person than killing them.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It seems like there is a dangerous possibility of spreading the infection either way.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Look obviously the river is 500m deep and the zombies are in self sealing bags so there is no risk of leaking blood out and infecting other people after Major shoots them in the head.

There are also weights in the bag so it won't float to the surface.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

raditts posted:

I've never had DVR or known anyone personally who has, the closest thing is my dad still records shows with a timer to VHS. But the CW comic trio is really the only American Television that I watch, well that and Gravity Falls.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

I'm not sure if shooting them twice and binding them at the bottom of a river makes him a significantly better person than killing them.

His gun had blanks...?

:smith:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look obviously the river is 500m deep and the zombies are in self sealing bags so there is no risk of leaking blood out and infecting other people after Major shoots them in the head.

There are also weights in the bag so it won't float to the surface.

All the weights are labelled PROPERTY OF MAJOR

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

All the weights are labelled PROPERTY OF MAJOR

"Clearly the culprit is a member of the military, as Major is not an actual name."

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Aquasnake posted:

I wasn't watching it live. I recorded it on my DVR for later viewing, but yes you can pause live tv if you have a DVR. It's amazing and wonderful. You can also start watching a show 15 minutes late and then fast forward through all the commercials.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I can't believe that liquor store sold her the booze, Zombie Liv looks nothing like the person on her drivers license.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

violetdragon posted:

I wasn't watching it live. I recorded it on my DVR for later viewing, but yes you can pause live tv if you have a DVR. It's amazing and wonderful. You can also start watching a show 15 minutes late and then fast forward through all the commercials.

How the gently caress? How long has this been around?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Aquasnake posted:

It's pretty much been standard for any cable service for the past 5-10 years in the US. The cable box they give you has that functionality built in. VHS is a technology the newer generation may barely even recognize, and you wouldn't even be able to buy it in mainstream stores, comparable to a telegraph.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 23, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aquasnake posted:

like 15 years grandpa

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aquasnake posted:

Where do you live, exactly? I think the only person I know who doesn't have some sort of DVR is my dad, and even he might have it and just not know it because he barely ever watches TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't have a DVR! I know perfectly well what they're good for though.

In a strange series of bundle deals I pay for non-HD cable through Comcast in order to pay less total then I would for internet alone. Comcast is very confused by my lack of desire for HD cable. But the two set top boxes I have are very old yet functional converter boxes with no capability other then shrinking widescreen to letter boxed 4:3 to display on my widescreen TV :downs:

• Locked thread