Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
His original "report" got linked everywhere but his retraction will never leave his little grotto, why would the true believers repost it elsewhere? The only way an apology will be meaningful is if it gets similar exposure on r/starcitizen.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Angela Christine posted:

What kind of grown rear end man like cream soda anyway? Even by soda standards cream soda is syrupy pink bullshit.

never noticed it being pink but i totally agree with the rest.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I've (sadly) read this thing, and I would probably demand that he publicly proclaim that he is not a professional, nor does he have the required training to be writing any of the information that he has said. I mean, that document has got to be the funniest thing that I have ever written. It's obvious that it was written by someone who wanted to be perceived as a SME, but dear god... that thing is so drat embarrassing.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Here's a "better" one.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3ptcy9/us_plaintiff_fl_defendant_il_defamation/

Why he took it down.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

I've (sadly) read this thing, and I would probably demand that he publicly proclaim that he is not a professional, nor does he have the required training to be writing any of the information that he has said. I mean, that document has got to be the funniest thing that I have ever written. It's obvious that it was written by someone who wanted to be perceived as a SME, but dear god... that thing is so drat embarrassing.

loving agreed.

its the worst.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

oh i just had a good idea: make him donate all his spaceships to a legal fund for attacking the star citizen gang

edit: and make him post about how everyone should get a refund

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

Just loving sue him.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

finish him

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

This is easily the best thread on SA in years

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

sue him so everyone knows you're for real

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

and the hits just keep on coming.. this is great btw

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Make it happen.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sir_Charles posted:

Completely agreed.

Also, D_Smart that apology is lame. Please make that guy squirm some more.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sir_Charles posted:

It feels like Whack-A-DanLirette, it's just a never ending stream of idiots.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Derek, at the very least make him post this on the starcitizen sub-reddit.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Ruin his life Derek, do it for the smarties.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

So what is the legal difference between someone saying 'Derek Smart is a dangerous insane narcissist' on the internet (plz don't sue) and some sperg doing a bullshit 'threat assessment' saying the same thing? Is it the appearance of legitimacy?

Same difference as those buzzards who were 100% convinced I didn't have a Ph.D (hint: little known fact, I have two) because they read poo poo online. Then ended up staring at legal declarations and action saying otherwise. Seriously, I was so hoping that twit Ortwin or even Chris, had pulled that one out in their missives. Had they gone there, my guess is that I'd own everything they own by the time the dust settles on that one. I was so disappointed. So somehow, Ortwin being an attorney, probably figured that out or saw the legal action filings.

Hey Reddit! Archive This!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
iloveilovecreamsoda

What a chump.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
The chorus now recites a dirge for ilovecreamsoda, dragged behind the chariot of the Old School Internet Warlord before the walls of reddit

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I've always thought it was super interesting how some people can track people down based on their interbutts activity. This is the best tv show ever.

D_Smart if you send me some of my personal information I'll buy the wtchris emote for everyone.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

The worst I think is that he's stated in several places that he's qualified to make such an assessment which makes it an allegedly professional psychological profile. He's also stated that he considered beforehand the possibility of being sued which implies he knew the allegations he was making were at least potentially libelous but his target would probably not sue.

Bingo. And that's 100% exactly why I passed it along to legal.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Solomonic posted:

The chorus now recites a dirge for ilovecreamsoda, dragged behind the chariot of the Old School Internet Warlord before the walls of reddit

Well, there is a difference there. Hector was actually pretty much a badass and a good man. No one's gonna weep for some spergy mall cop 'investigator', not even the RSI White Knights given how prone they are to eating their own lol.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Sedisp posted:

Here's a "better" one.

this is some lovecraftian poo poo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's caving like a bitch. :laugh: Demand a thread in r/starcitizen, that poo poo would be priceless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3puh5y/retraction/

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I love cream soduh

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I've always thought it was super interesting how some people can track people down based on their interbutts activity. This is the best tv show ever.

D_Smart if you send me some of my personal information I'll buy the wtchris emote for everyone.

Well.

Beet Wagon posted:

I also live in Florida. Can we just go have a SmartCon and drink margaritas with him?

Pay up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Beet Wagon posted:

It's already bought. :wtchris:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

The great work continues, our martyr ilovecreamsoda shall not be forgotten. :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

peter gabriel posted:

I love cream soduh

My uncertified threat assessment: mostly harmless. :smug:

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

This thread delivers on every level.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i think this exercise has really shown one of the key misconceptions people have about law

the whole reddit is under the impression that, just because a threat didn't result in a suit, it was toothless or unsuccessful. a threat that is quietly settled accomplishes the goals of the lawsuit far better than the lawsuit. this guy wrote:

quote:

The guy has a dozen legal threats out there that he has done nothing on.

but what that means is, derek has a dozen legal threats out there that he managed to resolve to his satisfaction without having to go to court. that's the sign of impressive legal work, not toothlessness

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

My uncertified threat assessment: mostly ham. :smug:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Derek, I don't like the tone of his posting. Please own him further.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

peter gabriel posted:

I love cream soduh

me IRL

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Paladinus posted:

It's already bought. :wtchris:

Well poo poo. That's what I get for going to have a beer instead of mashing F5 like a true believer.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peter gabriel posted:

I love cream soduh

i just lost my dinner into the kitchen sink

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

thanks for not being a complete douche if he is going to throw himself on your mercy derek.

My heart grew like 3 sizes today!

I'm old school. When a man owns up to mistakes and apologizes, that's the end of it. I don't gloat, beat a person down or any of that. I'm a Goon with honor. :)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Who wants to be the Auriga standing behind our internet warlord whispering memento homo into his ear while the carcass of his vanquished for is paraded in front of the masses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

I'm old school. When a man owns up to mistakes and apologizes, that's the end of it. I don't gloat, beat a person down or any of that. I'm a Goon with honor. :)

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: Derek Smart: A Far Better Goon Than Most

• Locked thread