Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SneakyFrog posted:

and the hits just keep on coming.. this is great btw

Fantastic quotes:

quote:

Are you, in any way, qualified or licensed to assess anything let alone a "threat assessment" on a person? Why are you doing threat assessments over a video game?

quote:

seek help for autism

quote:

Sit back and ponder that all this trouble is for a video-game that you have no vested interest beyond playing. There is no investment, you'll see no financial return.
All this for a video-game. A game. Entertainment. All of this for something that you merely hope will entertain you at a later date.
Possible financial damage, damage to a career. For. A. Video-game.

Link again: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3ptcy9/us_plaintiff_fl_defendant_il_defamation/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ravane posted:

I'm on a refund craze now.

My subway dealer gave some sass to me; I complained to corporate and got a refund. And a sammich.

hi5 refund bro, i refunded 2 games on steam today. they are adding a "the refund system is not to be abused!!!" in the refund mails now, lmao eat my dick shitters, i know derek smart

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

hmmm I'm not sure his subsequent posts are really reinforcing his apology all that well.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I love cream soduh

quote:

ilovecreamsoda[S] [score hidden] 3 minutes ago
i dont need to deal with bullshit is what this is about. this is primarily about ridding myself of the bullshit.

quote:

ilovecreamsoda[S] [score hidden] 3 minutes ago
the project will go on; nothing that happens to me or dealing with me will matter.

This guy is unrepentant what loving kind of apology is this? :fuckoff: This needs to be on r/starcitizen and he must stop going back on his "apology" on the same loving thread. :psyduck:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I bet that cream soda dude is a great guy just to chill out with and have some fun

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hmmm I'm not sure his subsequent posts are really reinforcing his apology all that well.

Yeah, the guy isn't sorry at all and he's publically making it loving known what a weasely oval office he is. Which is why I'm all like: "Derek, at LEAST make him post that public apology on r/StarCitizen where it can be seen!"

But...if Derek's actually gonna take the high road on this one lol...he's far more forgiving than I thought he was, actually.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I love cream soduh
his face is like a hairy pear.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Stop testing Derek Smart's mercy!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

peter gabriel posted:

I bet that cream soda dude is a great guy just to chill out with and have some fun

Maybe to drink some soda with.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Exactly. If he had just done this, or at least done a variation of this kind of apology, there'd be no problem. But this kind of apology is issued by complete pussies, who think they can weasel out of their dumb motherfuckery.

Don't go easy on him Derek, until you get one or the other IMO.

Yeah, we (my researcher and I are working through it, since legal's not around atm) are working through it. My latest to him:

quote:

1) Your apology needs to be a COMPLETE retraction of the article. Not just for the mental state, but because you are NOT qualified (yes, we already checked that you do NOT possess such license or qualification to make such an assessment)

2) You need to post it in r/starcitizen as well

3) You need to delete ALL those sub-Reds you have of me

4) You need to delete Kate's video which you mirrored and which I had removed under DMCA

Notify me when done. brb

And we heard back from TechRaptor

quote:

"Thanks for letting us know. He's no longer a part of TechRaptor but we would definitely prefer stuff he does not come back to us"

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
He's been asking to be sued for a while but again internet actions hold no consequence.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ok now i really want to know how he got fired from tech raptor

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I want to see Keith Elwood and Ben Lesnick sloppily share a mixing spoon full of miracle whip

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The French Army! posted:

This thread delivers on every level.
This thread delivers on levels previously unknown to science and only dreamed of by philosophers.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Who wants to be the Auriga standing behind our internet warlord whispering memento homo into his ear while the carcass of his vanquished for is paraded in front of the masses?
nobody does because D Smart is a living god (of comedy)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

Maybe to drink some soda with.

I hear he loves it!

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

CrazyLoon posted:

Yeah, the guy isn't sorry at all and he's publically making it loving known what a weasely oval office he is. Which is why I'm all like: "Derek, at LEAST make him post that public apology on r/StarCitizen where it can be seen!"

But...if Derek's actually gonna take the high road on this one lol...he's far more forgiving than I thought he was, actually.

I've been registered on the 3000ad forums since 2002. He can give off an impression of being extremely intense and unforgiving but he is a rational person who can 180 on a dime if a person apologizes.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
He didn't even sticky the retraction, maximum disrespect

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ben Lesnick is a tech raptor in a way.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Dr. Smart,

I'm concerned that goons may have been unduly influenced by Reddit propaganda and no longer respect you because of it. I'm equally concerned that goons might not have seen the official apology and retraction on an offsite. I would recommend a stipulation be that he pay :10bux: and apologize on the SA forums.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

actually make him record a video of him reading his apology and then upload it to youtube

edit: and then post it on reddit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pictured: tech raptor.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Someone with a reddit account should link his retraction on r/starcitizen. I presume that can be done?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Google Butt posted:

actually make him record a video of him reading his apology and then upload it to youtube

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Google Butt posted:

While wearing a tutu!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
what is your favorite brand of cream soda Ilovecreamsoda? You have 24 hours to comply with a response.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That 'retraction' was a slap in Dereks face imo

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

MeLKoR posted:

Someone with a reddit account should link his retraction on r/starcitizen. I presume that can be done?

no man, derek has told him he has to do it

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
My internet persona's feelings are hurt and I demand immediate drinking of cream soda in addition to retraction of retractions, as advised to me by Leonard J. Crabs, Practicing Legal Phalanx

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Paladinus posted:

Pictured: tech raptor.

Ben: The Thin Years

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

This guy is unrepentant what loving kind of apology is this? :fuckoff: This needs to be on r/starcitizen and he must stop going back on his "apology" on the same loving thread. :psyduck:

It's like he thinks curing cancer or working on the Manhattan Project.

:eyes heavy, death is near:
Don't cry for me reddit.....The Project...............will go....on..............
:hands slowly fall from the keyboard, scene end:

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

He demodded himself.

https://archive.is/4lYyc
https://www.reddit.com/user/ilovecreamsoda

Only registered members can see post attachments!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

My internet persona's feelings are hurt and I demand immediate drinking of cream soda in addition to retraction of retractions, as advised to me by Leonard J. Crabs, Practicing Legal Phalanx

It's in these dark times that we ask ourselves, WWLJCD?

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

He made the subreddit private.

Still half assing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitDerekSmartSays/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

haha and /r/shitdereksmartsays/ has been set to private

not quite deleted though

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Internet Space Court.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
this is bullshit

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
make him chug an entire 2L of cream soda and post the video on youtube.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

make him chug an entire 2L of cream soda and post the video on youtube.

From I can gather from using my detective skills and reading his username he may love that

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo guys, change.org petition, it's going to change everything when they meet their arbitrary 5000 signatories tally.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Just think about how many people had never heard of Derek Smart until Chris Roberts mentioned him in that response to the article.

• Locked thread