Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Drinking is bad and dumb so good for quitting!

Autopsy Determines Total Loser’s Corpse Contained No Traces Of Drugs, Alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Also while I have Mostly Quit Drinking this is a good tip for y'all:

If you're at an open bar and you want to get good stuff, one your first visit to the bar tip the bartender a 10 or 20. You'll get nice pours all night and, if you're lucky, some good stock at the end of the evening.

This is a pro tip that I received from my now-father-in-law and have used to great effect at multiple weddings.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Podima posted:

This is a pro tip that I received from my now-father-in-law and have used to great effect at multiple weddings.

Seriously, people don't do this nearly enough. It is a hell of a move.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I was at a wedding that, due to circumstances outside of everybody's control, had an open bar limited to one hour. Tipped a waiter a 20 and said "Hey man if you see me with an empty glass can you get me a Gin and tonic."

Never had an empty glass for more than 20 seconds that night.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I did that at an open bar at one point, and then went back to the same venue months later. The bartender recognized me and immediately poured me another of the same beer I had been drinking the first time.

I mean, I could have been laughably and memorably drunk the first time, but it's still pretty telling.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay two episodes of Say Yes to the Dress done. That is enough, I've had my fill. Everything in moderation!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Okay two episodes of Say Yes to the Dress done. That is enough, I've had my fill. Everything in moderation!

me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrVWsYdYvdk

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Just don't tip bartenders at all, that's what their wages are for!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

Just don't tip bartenders at all, that's what their wages are for!

One time I was on a limited budget and had exactly 20 dollars to spend on a night out to the club with my friends, 10 dollar cover charge, they have a special for 2 dollar cheap beer so I get two of them, with the plan of tipping after the third but when I went for the third the bartender refused to serve me because I didn't tip her.

Bitch move bartender, bitch move.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 27, 2020

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 27, 2020

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I have decided to reinstall skyrim since it is 3am and I am very jetlagged. it will be my weekend project to make it not CTD on startup (probably by rolling back the ENBs I installed that crashed it all in the first place).

I will make a new character. what should my character be? I will consider only one of the next five suggestions. the runner up will get to decide the name (unless the name you pick is very dumb).

lizardpeoplething

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I have decided to reinstall skyrim since it is 3am and I am very jetlagged. it will be my weekend project to make it not CTD on startup (probably by rolling back the ENBs I installed that crashed it all in the first place).

I will make a new character. what should my character be? I will consider only one of the next five suggestions. the runner up will get to decide the name (unless the name you pick is very dumb).

You should be a comely Breton who speaks in broken french and breton is called Manon Broomshaft.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Asiina, this is how your continuous watching of Say Yes To The Dress affects me...

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
be a cat. download some mod that lets you make it super fat.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

CapitalistPig posted:

One time I was on a limited budget and had exactly 20 dollars to spend on a night out to the club with my friends, 10 dollar cover charge, they have a special for 2 dollar cheap beer so I get two of them, with the plan of tipping after the third but when I went for the third the bartender refused to serve me because I didn't tip her.

Bitch move bartender, bitch move.

No, it's just that the bartender thought you were gonna stiff them. If you're paying cash rather than keeping a tab open, you should tip a buck or two for each drink when you pay for the drink.

From the bartender's perspective, you are drinking the cheapest drinks and not tipping at all. I'm not saying she was right to cut you off, but it wasn't a bitch move. You were the bitch tbh. Especially if it was a really busy night (and I'm guessing it was, if there was a $10 cover) the bartender has way bigger priorities than getting drinks for someone she's basically serving for free.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Look Under The Rock posted:

No, it's just that the bartender thought you were gonna stiff them. If you're paying cash rather than keeping a tab open, you should tip a buck or two for each drink when you pay for the drink.

From the bartender's perspective, you are drinking the cheapest drinks and not tipping at all. I'm not saying she was right to cut you off, but it wasn't a bitch move. You were the bitch tbh. Especially if it was a really busy night (and I'm guessing it was, if there was a $10 cover) the bartender has way bigger priorities than getting drinks for someone she's basically serving for free.

But she isn't serving for free. Bartenders get paid by the hour and tips are completely optional. It was absolutely a bitch move to cut him off because it wasn't based on him being drunk, it was based on the bartender not liking him.

I used to deliver pizzas and I would occasionally get stiffed on the tip and while I usually thought most of those people were jerks, it certainly didn't stop me from delivering their pizzas. Tipping should not be expected and frankly, I find it appalling that lots of places now have what amounts to a tip cup right at the register.

And don't get me wrong, I do tip servers/bartenders/delivery drivers and usually quite generously, but there are times when I do it CPigs way and if a bartender pulled that poo poo on me, I would be looking to speak to the manager.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think I'm going to start a joke game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Also while I have Mostly Quit Drinking

Seems like a bad idea.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I think I'm going to start a joke game

Everyone is A... It's a mafia game where I let you guys decide what role everyone is. Come join!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

But she isn't serving for free. Bartenders get paid by the hour and tips are completely optional. It was absolutely a bitch move to cut him off because it wasn't based on him being drunk, it was based on the bartender not liking him.

I used to deliver pizzas and I would occasionally get stiffed on the tip and while I usually thought most of those people were jerks, it certainly didn't stop me from delivering their pizzas. Tipping should not be expected and frankly, I find it appalling that lots of places now have what amounts to a tip cup right at the register.

And don't get me wrong, I do tip servers/bartenders/delivery drivers and usually quite generously, but there are times when I do it CPigs way and if a bartender pulled that poo poo on me, I would be looking to speak to the manager.

anything but tip chat

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Everyone is A... It's a mafia game where I let you guys decide what role everyone is. Come join!

finally, the pretty little liars mafia game i've been waiting for

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The best way to tip is by flat rate. I always tip $5, regardless of the situation.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You shouldn't be required to tip a bartender anything when she pulls a bottle of beer out of a refrigerator and twists the cap off for you. If she spends a couple minutes making a quality cocktail, that's a different story.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god I can't escape tipchat no matter which discussion thread I'm in.

Always tip at least $1 for a bartender handing you a drink. Don't be a dick.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

here's a tip for you :dong:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no.

stop this now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Kash is just mad about tips because the last time he got laid the other person was all "oh babe you don't have to use just the tip!"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I had a bartender once refuse my dollar tips as I continued to drink PBR and it went right up my rear end so I took the tip money off the table and he gave me a glare and to this day it is the only time somebody didn't take a tip I offered (I am a 20% guy for non bars)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
why would someone refuse a tip

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

Usually dick heads do it when they feel the tip isn't enough.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah no like i said. I was just about to tip her the rest after the third drink. And she wasnt serving me for free, im certain she gets paid by the club to serve me drinks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kumbamontu posted:

When I was in the field we were technically supposed to but gently caress that

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Tip discussion is stupid. Instead I'm going to be live tweeting my mom playing skyrim. Her first video game in like 20 years.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Tip discussion is stupid. Instead I'm going to be live tweeting my mom playing skyrim. Her first video game in like 20 years.

:allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
She is in the cart and can't figure out how to look around. This is gonna go super well.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

last time i played skyrim i installed like 40 mods so the game would be fun and then got that glitch where the horse cart tries to climb over a city wall so i just quit

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i have never once played skryim.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
She is being a Khajit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012