Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rabbits are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Unfunny Poster posted:

Those were from 40 mins ago, he just posted this

Him being made into a cuckboy on Reddit must have hit close to home for him.

You are making him go insane on twitter.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Just posting to show Reddit my sweet new gang tag. Hey Reddit friends, plz archive it for me in case it gets misplaced?

I also want to announce that I'M FINALLY FREE! The last of my refund from CIG came in, so I'm now well ahead of the game, money-wise, and still have a few non-refundable ships on the account in case this eternal shitshow ever lurches to the finish line. It won't.

With a small percentage of my refund, I just pre-ordered Elite: Dangerous Horizons, aka "Cheese Wedges In Space: Also On Moons". I also bought myself a CH Fighterstick and throttle, even though I don't play flight sims. gently caress it, time to sperg it up!... once I have a better video card. I'm currently sporting the GF 560, which runs on chunks of coal and crushing disappointment. :saddowns:

Goredema fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 23, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

You are making him go insane on twitter.

link?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

AP posted:

link?

https://twitter.com/TheRoadbeer

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Wulfling posted:

They straight up tried to ignore me for ~11 days after they asked to confirm the details of the refund. On day 11, I sent them 4 messages, two of which outlined my beginning to go to amazon to charge back every single payment to RSI/CIG, which totaled more than the refund. They Processed it the next day, money went through two days later.

Chargebacks really get them in a panic and will do what ever you ask of them at that point.

Were they doing the thing where they try to get you to accept less than what you have on your account, and then close your account?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wow, you've just doxxed him in cold blood. Cruel.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
gently caress, that was a Doxx. I didn't know. I was just looking for a reddit article in google.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Wow, you've just doxxed him in cold blood. Cruel.

You've just been archived.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Grim Roadbeer ‏@TheRoadbeer 4h4 hours ago
Spending $4mil investigating #Benghazi #unacceptable
Spending $2.1mil investigating lesbian obesity, well hell, that's AOK

Lmao. Spending $91 mil on a game that doesn't exist is #notacult

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Cognitive Dissonance Citizen.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

duckfarts posted:

I think it's because the more of them they get, the more they'll get flagged by that processor as being potentially shady
DUCK!

LOSING a lot of chargeback cases will have your merchant be like wtf.

You can't really control how many people initiate chargebacks. We get them all the time in hotels, but we win pretty much all of them.

CIG won't win any if they have to provide proof of service or product.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

Were they doing the thing where they try to get you to accept less than what you have on your account, and then close your account?

No, they never pulled that poo poo with me thankfully. I had never had anything gifted to me, and I had melted everything so it was all a flat credit amount.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
If you post your information online and you attack a person then you should prepare for the blow back. Just like the recent incident of people trying to get someone fired for disagreeing with them, sending lies to their employer and the police, and then having to close up shop themselves because they revealed their real name in an email and got Yelped into oblivion.

I'm not even saying it's 'right' but it's certainly Karma.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Wulfling posted:

No, they never pulled that poo poo with me thankfully. I had never had anything gifted to me, and I had melted everything so it was all a flat credit amount.

You took a thousand dollars worth of ships out of circulation, do you have any idea what this does to the limited ship supply and economy of the game? You and your ilk are literally ruining this game.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Onmi posted:

If you post your information online and you attack a person then you should prepare for the blow back.

SAFE SPACE! The internet needs a SAFE SPACE! You're financial shaming them! :qq:

Newest South Park episode, anyone? I felt it really fit well with the Star Citizen fiasco

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Ledenko posted:

You took a thousand dollars worth of ships out of circulation, do you have any idea what this does to the limited ship supply and economy of the game? You and your ilk are literally ruining this game.

:shrug:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Ledenko posted:

He is just furthering the investment. Might as well buy 20 more for the eventually turnaround.

(don't do this)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

KiddieGrinder posted:

SAFE SPACE! The internet needs a SAFE SPACE! You're financial shaming them! :qq:

Newest South Park episode, anyone? I felt it really fit well with the Star Citizen fiasco

That episode was amazing, the amount of salt generated from it only added to its hilarity

To me it has been interesting to see people you previously thought you could trust turn cannibal on each other. Which is another example of cult behavior. Even those who would lambaste cult behavior that you've observed will turn into those same cultists and turn on former friends the moment it's there sacred cow.

It's fascinating to watch what in any other facet of life is a rational human being going around their usual day basically try to snap their neighbors neck over the questioning of their non-existent starships.

It's just the final straw that putting your whole being into anything is foolishness.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Next up in the drama dept...

I got an email from YouTube that Kate Russell has - foolishly - decided to file a counter-claim for the video I had removed.

She's in for a shock because now we're going to file a legal complain to send to YouTube.

And in that complaint, we're going to document all the Star Citizen conflict of interest issues we've discovered and which may have led to her making that video. Then we're going to make it public.

She doesn't stand a chance.

The video was never supposed to be made public. It was flagged private and she had no "Fair Use" rights to since I didn't put it in the public domain. In fact, since I've had my YouTube account, I have never - ever - posted a public video in it. As in never.

Somehow, after the broadcast ended and I set the flag to private - which didn't work - she must have been alerted to it by the Star Citizen minions. Then she downloaded it and made her video of it.

As I've said publicly, I had no problem with her parody. Except for the part where it was never supposed to be publicly saved anyway. And YouTube knew this because we've had back and forth with them on how a video flagged "private" ended up being visible for download from the YouTubeGaming service.

More as this unfolds.

ps: She's in the UK. Which makes this even more hilarious to me that she actually thinks she stands a chance.

:shittypop:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Those were from 40 mins ago, he just posted this

Him being made into a cuckboy on Reddit must have hit close to home for him.

After recounting the scores we can now say with certainty that this is truly First Place - Gold - material.

We need to get mental gymnastics into the Special Olympics at least. We got some guaranteed top contenders over in r/starcitizen. Then they can be the shame of the nation they were always meant to be.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Angela Christine posted:

Huh, apprently it's a regional thing. Here's what cream soda looks like in my part of the world:

You don't want to know what that does to a man.

:eyepop:

Its kind of like root beer but with a simpler taste. Also like root beer, any brand cheaper than A&W tastes awful.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
This thread.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Paladinus posted:

Of COURSE he would be a loving #Benghazi "truther".

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Full Metal Boxers posted:

Of COURSE he would be a loving #Benghazi "truther".

Off topic, but is there a way to make Reddit readable in a way so I don't have to click "continue this thread" in obscure parts of the page?

joats fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 23, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Truga posted:

This thread.
is cream soda

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Zsinjeh posted:

is cream soda

Creme soda is p good for hangovers

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly have zero idea what a cream soda is or how it tastes like.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

:siren:Video released of in-game buggy and spaceship cooperative content:siren:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Ok that looks really cool.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Truga posted:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Might have to buy this game one day. After I've bought Line of Defense, of course.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

TheRoadbeer posted:
You know, if you cant make your point in a couple short sentences, it's a lie.

Star Citizen lie confirmed

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Truga posted:

It's basically vanilla flavored soda. Think root beer with less bite.

Although I gotta admit, this page was the first place I've ever seen green cream soda. :psyduck:

Full Metal Boxers fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 23, 2015

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Although I gotta admit, this page was the first place I've ever seen green cream soda. :psyduck:

I've only ever seen clear.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nation posted:

this is a doxx:

Maybe it's my sweet tooth for pitch black humor...but I just couldn't help but laugh non-stop at that and not feel sorry for him one bit.

This loving thread...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Madcosby posted:

https://archive.is/1Ms7e

Since you didn't write it, is this the type of info you gather for your clients?
Hahah this reads like what small children write when playing grown-ups doing a job. The difference is that instead of using cryons like he should the actual adult who wrote this thought that structuring a document like he was taught in high school and using phrases from wikipedia makes it professional. drat, it's such a cringe-inducing read.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Thats the only one I know...

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Kakarot posted:

Thats the only one I know...

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

When people say cream colored, do you think green?

• Locked thread