Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

tsob posted:

Season 4 is her adventuring in space, but every episode just focusing on a legal case she happens to fall in to along the way, culminating in the biggest case of her life against the Living Tribunal just so she can go around in season 5 calling herself a Space Lawyer.

Actually happened already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

No, the TV tie in with Avengers: Civil War is She-Hulk on the run from registration, coming into town, defending that weeks superpowered character from unjust prosecution, then leaving before the pro-reg forces can catch up with her (as sad piano music plays). Jennifer Walters: Attorney at Large.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Soonmot posted:

Actually happened already

Oh I know, that's why I was suggesting it. I was tempted to add in that bit about one of the cases resting on a witness testimony about her having the biggest bust in the universe. I wonder would a She-Hulk tv show break the fourth wall often? And what would happen if she met Deadpool in that case?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would kill for this. But only if they get Richard Belzer to play the detective investigating the case.

Richard Belzer plays She-Hulk.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

sticklefifer posted:

Richard Belzer plays She-Hulk.

I think it's a bit of a stretch for Munch to both get a sex change and get gamma irradiated after getting his law degree.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Very positive new Jessica Jones review from MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2356176/jessica-jones-spoiler-free-review/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've upgraded my status from cautiously optimistic to hype as all hell.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm still tempered because MTV is one of the last sources on earth I'd expect to give a non-hype response to anything.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I too trust reviews structured like Cracked clickbait.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Variety's Maureen Ryan tweeted that she really liked it, for what that's worth. Don't think any other professional TV critics have weighed in yet.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7NMA6lC-Ag

Looks awesome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They sure are succeeding in making Killgrave creepy and scary as hell.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ok well Ritter is dead on as Jessica.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, I keep poking my calendar but it's not November 20th yet what do I do please help

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo, that looks greaaaaaaaaaat

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
David Tennant stills owns, news at 11

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I love how they're basically setting it up as a superhero-themed horror story. Tennant already looks amazing and you only even see him for like a second.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:stare:

Dat's hosed up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I love how they're basically setting it up as a superhero-themed horror story. Tennant already looks amazing and you only even see him for like a second.

Yeah, I hate horror movies, so I dunno if I'm gonna watch this one...

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Removed? Weird. I already watched it once, was just showing to a coworker and poof.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I get the sense that CBR leaked it early since quality-wise it looked like they had captured it from a Netflix stream. It'll probably be up shortly on the official channel.

Ed: There we go vvvvvv

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That doesn't come up for me, here's the Netflix post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo.

I have no other words. Hurry the gently caress up november 20.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Okay, that looks better than anything I was expecting.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The quick flash of a scene where you see 4 people hanging themselves as she runs in to help . . . jesus christ.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

The quick flash of a scene where you see 4 people hanging themselves as she runs in to help . . . jesus christ.

Yeah, between that, and the chick with the gun under her chin... that's just not the kinds of things I can watch. Ah well. My loss, I suppose.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, between that, and the chick with the gun under her chin... that's just not the kinds of things I can watch. Ah well. My loss, I suppose.

That's fair, the comic gets super loving dark and this kinda looks even darker than that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hakkesshu posted:

That's fair, the comic gets super loving dark and this kinda looks even darker than that

It reminded me of that issue of Neil Gaiman's Sandman where a telepath walks into a diner and makes everyone in there do really hosed up stuff for an entire day before making them all kill themselves/each other horribly.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It reminded me of that issue of Neil Gaiman's Sandman where a telepath walks into a diner and makes everyone in there do really hosed up stuff for an entire day before making them all kill themselves/each other horribly.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of as well. Alias never got quite that hosed up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:suspense: daaaaang, that looks creepy as gently caress and good.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow, finally an adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's Monster.

But seriously, that trailer makes it seem like it's all about Kilgrave's wacky shenanigans. I guess they just wanted a strong hook, because I doubt it's going to fill 13 hours.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Watching this for David Tennant, but the trailer definitely looks good. I really like the idea of exploring a superhero who failed, gave up and is now redeeming herself on a small scale by saving average people.

Also great to have a second MCU series that doesn't involve saving the world/universe every movie. Even Agents of SHIELD fell into the trap of constantly upping the stakes last season.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I guess they just wanted a strong hook

Wow, you've cracked the secret code for what trailers are supposed to do.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

But seriously, that trailer makes it seem like it's all about Kilgrave's wacky shenanigans. I guess they just wanted a strong hook, because I doubt it's going to fill 13 hours.

I loving hope not :gonk:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

mikeraskol posted:

What do you think a trailer is supposed to do?

Laboriously explain the show and it's characters, provide thorough episode synopses, and inform that if you're interested you should consider watching the show, no pressure though.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 23, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The production looks surprisingly cheap and Ritter looks bored as hell.

Shrug?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of as well. Alias never got quite that hosed up.

Kilgrave in the comics once ordered everyone in a busy restaurant to stop breathing because the sound was disturbing him while he ate. I would say that matter of factness is more hosed up than a gibbering nut torturing people because he can.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Deakul posted:

Shrug?

She seems hollowed-out, not bored, which is what her character is supposed to be. In addition look at her face in the more emotional scenes such as the police station, that's not bored.

Not sure where you are getting cheap production either.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Deakul posted:

Shrug?

lol actor who's playing a character who is emotionally distant and hosed up looks emotionally distant and hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

Kilgrave in the comics once ordered everyone in a busy restaurant to stop breathing because the sound was disturbing him while he ate. I would say that matter of factness is more hosed up than a gibbering nut torturing people because he can.

That's debatable, but either way there's a big difference between someone mentioning that a thing happened (I forget whether or not they even depicted that) and having an entire chapter devoted to showing how Dr. Destiny completely loving destroyed these people. Alias never even comes close to being as messed up as that scene in Sandman IMO.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 23, 2015