Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello derek what is your favorite digimon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! no. But my homes have adequate security and you can't even get into them easily.

It's my paranoia but I'd be wary of the people dropping thousands of dollars not being mentally well and try something in RL

Paladinus posted:

Hey, just wanted to say you've got a cool av.

Thanks! I spent more time working on it than CIG has worked on their game today!

Keith Elwood
Oct 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Eonwe posted:

derek's av is good but i wish it had a reference to him being a force of nature

SneakyFrog posted:

i was going to make a groot reference but i was too tickled from the doxxing snype to figure out something too legendary..
Someone shop Derek's face onto this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

i was going to make a groot reference but i was too tickled from the doxxing snype to figure out something too legendary..

nah you did a good job man

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

nah you did a good job man

:respek:

cool

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

I just ignore them now. Linking to pubic pages is not doxing. It never was. Even Croberts - who remains completely and utterly without a clue - tried that same bullshit. Then him and Ortwin went for broke and tried to accuse me of stalking. Well, you know how that turned out.

A bunch of SJW clowns just keep hijacking the term in order to suit their agenda. By their definition, anything online that points to someone, is doxing.

In the case of ilovecreamsoda, once it was passed to legal, we only needed to send a legal request to Medium, Reddit etc for his info. We do this all the time and it's neither expensive nor a big deal. Attorneys have templates for that sort of thing.

Getting that info probably still won't have revealed who he was without a PI or online researcher getting involved and using the provided data to find him. If he paid for anything (e.g. Reddit Gold), then there would probably be some identifying info about him.

The key to this effort was that he claimed to be a "professional" at that particular line of work. Taking it at face value, the key issue was to find out why a supposedly licensed "professional" would break as many laws as he did, and with impunity. This would be like a State licensed professional (e.g. like my lovely wife for example) posting such an article for Medium, while making it about a specific "known" person. And without the benefit of actually having met, diagnosed or treated said person. And even so, they can't even do that without losing their license due to HIPAA and a myriad of other regulations.

However, though Medium, Pastebin et al did take the material down, we didn't even get to the point of sending out any legal docs because one of the researchers, using nothing more than his social media footprint; was immediately able to find him.

Then the key was to positively ID him by linking A to B to C - without error because that sort of thing gets you sued real quick.

The heat map linking all his footprints, came back conclusive. Once we found that he was a public (the argument could be made that he was a limited purpose public figure) figure and an ex-writer at a notable tech site, posting his info was a no-brainer. So I did just that last night.

And today was to be the day that, instead of wasting time and money with getting his details from the sites he was registered on, having obtained his info, he was going to get a C&D to take it all down or else.

It just so happened that while I was here on SA going through the posts, after I mentioned that we'd found out who he was, I got a DM (my Twitter a/c allows anyone to DM me, even if they are not a follower) from him. You know the rest.

Even though I gave him a pass this time, if you look at his social media footprint, well, you can easily see the sort of thing that he posts. But since they weren't about me, they were of no relevance to me nor this situation.

At the end of the day, even if he hadn't reached out to me last night and ended this, within the next two to three weeks, all that info would have been made public anyway. Especially if he was some licensed professional who I would've most definitely sued right there and then, strip him of his license (at that point we assumed that he was in fact licensed as he stated online), deplete his liability insurance etc. This was an absolute legal slam dunk.

Over the years, people really don't understand that the one thing about me is that I simply don't take this sort of thing lying down. Because when you do, that's when you inadvertently give people carte blanche to do it. And the fact that the law has finally caught up to online bullying, harassment etc, through legislation, case law etc, makes it easier to locate these twerps and completely destroy (and hold them accountable for their deeds) their lives. Which is precisely what they intended to do to people in the first place.

FYI, doxxing is 100% illegal in the entire US.

Doxing. A primer. You're welcome.

See what I mean? https://twitter.com/elbit_curtsedni/status/657570219871838208

Seriously, these clowns are utterly clueless.

Hey Reddit! Archive This!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Keith Elwood posted:

Google Earth coords please

Are you going to use them for malicious intent?

joats fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 23, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! no. But my homes have adequate security and you can't even get into them easily.

We all know about your ferocious dog guarding your home.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Play wack a mole this glorious FL Friday!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Paladinus posted:

We all know about your ferocious dog guarding your home.

is it a doxhund?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
hi, jester86 do you enjoy this thread?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

So it's SA /DS now? We are a team! Everybody GO TEAM!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

some reddit derp posted:

So the sidebar over there caught my eye. "Dickwolf", something DS has been referring to Accelerwraith as. So I clicked to see wtf it is, never knowing that it was some internet slang.
HOW DOES ONE BE A DICKPARADE? ...ER, DICKWOLF. WHATEVER. You're considered to be a dickparade/dickwolf if you do any of the following things repeatedly: Brazenly insult others. (Example: "You're a loving stupid bitch.") Wish harm on others. (Examples: "Kill yourself, idiot." ; "I hope you get cancer.") Use slurs as insults. (Example: "gently caress off you retarded tranny.") Insist that someone is shilling. Note that this has to be done a lot to warrant mod action. We're talking 1 out of 2 posts in a day involve calling people shills. (Example: "Go to hell, shill.")

LOL
I mean... poo poo guys... they decoded Dickwolf (Dickwulf = Dickwolf = Dickparade), they'll soon be decoding our secret recipes next...

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 23, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Spending $4mil investigating #Benghazi #unacceptable Spending $2.1mil investigating lesbian obesity, well hell, that's AOK

lmao

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
On Derek Smart - What Not to Do

quote:

This subreddit's specific purpose is to provide users a place to place to discuss all things related to Derek Smart, Derek Smart's game franchises, Derek Smart's blog posts, the Star Citizen Drama relating to Derek smart, the Gamer Gate drama relating to Derek Smart, etc.
This subreddit is not a hate subreddit to attack Derek Smart.
All users of this subreddit are expected to follow the subreddit rules posted in the sidebar.
Posting guidelines
Submitted content must be directly related to Derek Smart, a Derek Smart game franchise, or content authored by Derek Smart.
Be tasteful! Heated debates are encouraged, however personal threats will not be tolerated
No personal information of others is allowed to be posted.
No memes or rage comics.
Blog Spam/Stream Spam is not allowed.
For those of you unfamiliar with Derek Smart, be aware that Derek Smart is highly antagonistic, has been known to liberally throw around litigious threats, dig into any public information of the people he is arguing with, and generally do anything he can to maintain his Old School Internet Warlord persona.
Use common sense when posting anything that may be construed as a personal attack against Derek Smart. Satire and parody is completely acceptable from both a legal and reddit perspective. Threats, doxxing, and defamation more than likely will trigger an undesired reaction from the community, the moderators, and Derek himself.
Other users have already run afoul of Derek Smart by creating poorly conceived content that serves no purpose other than to directly attack Derek Smart. This is a textbook example of what not to do.

LOL!! They're in full melt-down mode over there. And I keep getting messages to "respond" even though I'm still shadowbanned. I have no interest in creating an alt account. gently caress Reddit.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

quote:

TheRoadbeer posted:
You know, if you cant make your point in a couple short sentences, it's a lie.

Oh no, my PhD thesis is a lie. Help me Uncle Derek.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

2DCAT posted:

LOL
I mean... poo poo guys... they decoded Dickwolf, they'll soon be decoding our secret recipes next...

I am the dickparade.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

:^)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! They're in full melt-down mode over there. And I keep getting messages to "respond" even though I'm still shadowbanned. I have no interest in creating an alt account. gently caress Reddit.

"Dig into public information" is a bit of an oxymoron.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

He was seen as a threat to Walmart and Target....?

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

This explains what their worried about

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Seconding the mention of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF8cWOLwEI

Sandi talks in much greater detail about her Marketing background, CIG history, and plans in this awkwardly conducted interview with INN. (This is worth listening to, as she's doubling-down on her credentials, education, and career experience to try to seize back some of the narrative from Derek. Methinks thou doth protest too much but whatever... )

quote:

DA: So let’s start with, how did you get your start in marketing. What got you interested in marking in general because you’ve done more than just Star Citizen.

SG: I guess it’s something I’ve been doing since I was a small child, my mother had an import exporse business in australia, so we would do a lot of trade shows around the country and internationally. So she taught me a lot about positioning a brand, how to be, I mean in a tradeshow you have to be intimate...

DA: You have to sell it, sell yourself.

SG: Yes, exactly, and you’re very intimate with the people and of course when I was a child, there was no internet so you really had to.

DA: Word of mouth was important...

SG: Exactly, that was how you marketed something, was to do something by word of mouth and for it to go viral through your friends and then I got a couple of small business grants, I had a swimsuit company, I ran nightclubs, I’ve done a lot in the fashion industry. I did commercial real estate development marketing. Also at the australian graduate school of management I studied marketing and law and managerial practice and a lot of that stuff, Yes

DA: So you’re pretty well educated.

SG: Yes *laughs* Yup
This actually prompts a question.

Import/Export relations between Australia / China started to flourish in the 80s. It makes you wonder. CIG uses China to ship most of their goods-- a practice which makes little sense, given that the vast majority of their customers are in North America and Europe. Is it possible that Sandi chose China because of pre-existing relationships she and/or her mother developed in their import/export business? It's absurd to think-- yet, the fierce commitment to China is such a huge liability to the professionalization of their shipping business, and it begs the obvious question, "Why China?" It will always mean poor tracking. It will always mean 3-5 week deliveries to North America and Europe-- which is maybe 75% of the buyers. It will always mean an inferior solution to something she could set up in Europe or America. It will always mean a solid flow of "Where is my order?" type trouble-tickets coming in.

Yet-- despite the fact that she "studied marketing and law and managerial practice and a lot of that stuff"- she's apparently happy with a bog standard solution that makes little sense for backers.

Whoever the vendor is, we know they lose merchandise in their factory, then discover it behind boxes a year later and make it available for sale again as "NEW Old Stuff". Ben rubbishes it a lot on RtV-- as if joking about how poorly they handle the physical goods business is funny to those who actually want to buy the stuff. It seems so conspicuous that CIG would stick with China, stick with a solution is the butt of jokes on their own subscriber-funded live show. But maybe this really is the reason? Pre-existing family relationships due seems to cloud the judgment at cloud imperium.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

is it a doxhund?

:eyepop:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thronde posted:

I just thought of a potential issue. Let's say (hypothetically, since we know this scam isn't releasing) the game goes gold. What sort of server structure do they have in mind? I've never even seen mention of the backend hardware. EVE is about to upgrade the Tranquility cluster AGAIN, and they still have issues with lag and whatnot. Unless Croberts 20k coffee machine doubles as some badass server cluster, I don't think their office IT guy's dell inspiron is going to make a decent server.

EVE's lag issues are mostly due to the code for the game being so old it doesn't fully support modern hardware or something like that.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

I am the dickparade.

In a way, Star Citizen is sort of like a dickparade. One pays $500 for a JPEG float and the privilege to walk down a 30 mile parade route while CIG employees repeatedly whip their flaccid dicks in your face from both sides.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Tell them you'll only respond here. They have to register and post an intro thread in GBS.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Iron Tusk posted:

Tell them you'll only respond here. They have to register and post an intro thread in GBS.

Think it would stay open long enough to have any fun with though?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

2DCAT posted:

In a way, Star Citizen is sort of like a dickparade. One pays $500 for a JPEG float and the privilege to walk down a 30 mile parade route while CIG employees repeatedly whip their flaccid dicks in your face from both sides.

Sounds like a normal Friday night in downtown San Franciso, minus the jpeg

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Sandi talks in much greater detail about her Marketing background, CIG history, and plans in this awkwardly conducted interview with INN. (This is worth listening to, as she's doubling-down on her credentials, education, and career experience to try to seize back some of the narrative from Derek. Methinks thou doth protest too much but whatever... )

Import/Export relations between Australia / China started to flourish in the 80s. It makes you wonder. CIG uses China to ship most of their goods-- a practice which makes little sense, given that the vast majority of their customers are in North America and Europe. Is it possible that Sandi chose China because of pre-existing relationships she and/or her mother developed in their import/export business? It's absurd to think-- yet, the fierce commitment to China is such a huge liability to the professionalization of their shipping business, and it begs the obvious question, "Why China?" It will always mean poor tracking. It will always mean 3-5 week deliveries to North America and Europe-- which is maybe 75% of the buyers. It will always mean an inferior solution to something she could set up in Europe or America. It will always mean a solid flow of "Where is my order?" type trouble-tickets coming in.

Yet-- despite the fact that she "studied marketing and law and managerial practice and a lot of that stuff"- she's apparently happy with a bog standard solution that makes little sense for backers.

Whoever the vendor is, we know they lose merchandise in their factory, then discover it behind boxes a year later and make it available for sale again as "NEW Old Stuff". Ben rubbishes it a lot on RtV-- as if joking about how poorly they handle the physical goods business is funny to those who actually want to buy the stuff. It seems so conspicuous that CIG would stick with China, stick with a solution is the butt of jokes on their own subscriber-funded live show. But maybe this really is the reason? Pre-existing family relationships due seems to cloud the judgment at cloud imperium.

The issue is not about her having some marketing "experience". It is that she has ZERO marketing footprint ANYWHERE on planet Earth. No jobs. No references. No footprint. Nothing. Only Star Citizen. That's it. Before that, she was Chris's intern at his failed movie company, Ascendant Pictures, where they met.

Further, she has lied - on the record (one example @ 18:45 and they removed this one but we have it saved locally) - that she went to UCLA and has two marketing degrees. Setting aside two of the deleted (we have them of course, don't be silly) LinkedIn profiles with that information etc.

This is just damage control and it's not going to solve any of the problems they're about to be hit with.

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

G0RF posted:

I didn't put that much thought into it, I just thought it was a recent video that showed lack of confidence through speech patterns, pauses, stutters, and crackling and thought to myself "This is one of their MANAGERS?".

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED
Video of interior of Retaliator while the ship rotates on it's horizontal axis in PTU 1.3e

Keith Elwood
Oct 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
A song for :lesnick::In My Safe Space

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"I'm actually OK with someone outright lying about their profession while making slanderous claims about someone else I dislike. However, if that person gets called out then its crossing the line."

:psyduck:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Woah, look at this dude doxxing Sandi. Right in front of her face too. Brutal.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<transcript>
Hello citizens, I’m David from INN and with me is Sandi!
Hi everybody!
So let's start with, how did you get your start in marketing. What got you interested
in marking in general because you’ve done more than just Star Citizen.
I guess it’s something I’ve been doing since I was a small child, my mother had an
import exporse business in australia, so we would do a lot of trade shows around the country
and internationally. So she taught me a lot about positioning a brand, how to be, I mean
in a tradeshow you have to be intimate
You have to sell it, sell yourself
Yes, exactly, and you’re very intimate with the people and of course when I was a child,
there was no internet so you really had to.
Word of mouth was important
Exactly, that was how you marketed something, was to do something by word of mouth and for
it to go viral through your friends and then I got a couple of small business grants, I
had a swimsuit company, I ran nightclubs, I’ve done a lot in the fashion industry.
I did commercial real estate development marketing. Also at the australian graduate school of
management I studied marketing and law and managerial practice and a lot of that stuff,
Yes
So you’re pretty well educated
Yes *laughs* Yup
So once the bulk of Star Citizen's marketing campaign is done, do you have any plans to
go back into any marketing of fashion or acting or trying something else?
I’m not sure. I mean when I started this project in june or july of 2012 and I wrote
the campaign I really didn’t; I mean we’re three years later, this project is a moment
to moment experience, yes of course I’ve written a marketing plan however being open
development, it presents its own challenges.
It happens when it happens
Right, I honestly haven’t had time to say right, well I’m going back into fashion
or I’m going back into acting because it’s such an all encompassing job.
So I guess when you first took on the job I guess director of marketing your official
title or?
Yeah
Okay so when you first took over the job as director of marketing, did you expect to be
doing it for going on more than three years now?
No, I honestly expected, I mean chris did interview other people for this job and you
know like I said at the time well I’m not sure if people are really understanding his
vision and you know I clearly have a good understanding of how chris thinks and how
he works and the two of us have a similar sense of style and how like to engage with
people. I think that made a big difference because any other marketing person, it’s
hard to know what chris’s full vision is on a daily basis
It’s hard for us as fans to sometimes know what chris’s vision is so someone coming
from the outside and market to it I can see that being,
Right, and so then it’s also a lot of shortcutting in thinking in as much as that I would say
to him right, I want a teaser site, you know with the forty two, I want to have a concierge
service, I want customer service in the gaming industry to be completely different so I’m
coming from different backgrounds
And the customer service that you guys have so far is phenomenal
Thank you! Yeah I trained all of our staff and it’s definitely a different way of thinking
It’s great, I’ve only had a few interactions but every single one of them has been better
than the last.
So I kind of feel like the job snowballed
Right
Because the merchandise for example, I have experience in producing merchandise, the timelines
, the budgeting, the everything and so that was something I started when we first did
the citizen cards and oh wow.
Yeah, how did those go actually?
Wow, I mean that was, I spent hours on skype and everything with china to
Giving them all like?
That was such an impossible task, I got to tell you, you know I’m up for the challenge
but that was something. I called vendors all throughout the states, everywhere to get those
made and the metal ones. Yeah that was one of our first products, and the two tee-shirts
that we originally did. So all of that was something I had experience in that I did,
yes I did all the customer service stuff from the beginning, all the events. wanting to
live stream, I mean all of these things and you know I didn’t have an assistant or anything.
The thing is a regular director of marketing, VP of marketing wants a team and wants some
people to be doing these things, where as these are all the things I’ve done and so
I not really thinking that's a title and I shouldn’t be doing this and doing that.
Right, it’s just get it done.
So finding somebody to have all of those cross disciplines, to create a team has been very
difficult, Yeah.
Well we're glad here, you’re doing a phenomenal job.
*Laughs*
So are there plans to transition from current model of marketing which is mainly marketing
to this hardcore fans, to marketing more the general public, people that might not have
heard of Star Citizen?
Yes, there absolutely is. I think I was explaining it before I would liken it to say if had you
the earth and you go right to the core and that’s where we’ve started. From the golden
tickets and wayback in the beginning with people who are signing up from having great
experiences on let's say Freelancer or Wing Commander, Starlancer, Privateer and then
we started to, I’ve seen it a lot of fans come up who are teenagers or different backgrounds
and they haven’t heard of chris before and that’s cool from a marketing perspective
that you’re reaching out playing arena commander and they’re like Oh my gosh this is a great
experience or joining an organization and coming as a newcomer. So having said all that,
we’re not out on
At the outside.
We're still somewhere in that mid section and I rely on development so I could have
all the marketing plans in the world which I do have some great plans but I can't implement
those plans until I feel
There’s something to give
Until I feel like when I step into the shoes of the public person who knows nothing about
Star Citizen, who really hasn’t been on that journey of crowdfunding and the whole
experience that those of us who’ve had been around for three years I'm thinking, what
is this game? Right okay, I’ll
Give it a look
Give it a look, but if I don’t feel like it’s quite the right time then you can’t
push to that and also for in terms of building the marketing team, I feel like when we can
push there and were so close, we’re like really close, Come on people
We can feel it
Were so close and then it will be much easier to build upon the marketing team because the
traditional form of marketing
Right
Is more to the general public,
Yes
And so therefore candidates who are wanting to be apart of marketing team for Star Citizen
They’ve had experience doing that
They’ve had experiencing doing it, and when I’m seeing all of these resumes coming in,
There more traditional and so when I’m trying to describe how where we’ve come from it's
very difficult
Right because they don’t
No, and it’s not a normal practice. Who has experience in marketing and open development,
who has experience with a really big crowdfunding
Has it been done before to this level?
I don’t think so and certainly I don’t think in the gaming industry and bless our
fans they’re amazing, they’re all intense, it’s very tense and it takes them.
I guess it can take a bit of getting used to this intensity for that, exactly that,
the shaking and screaming oh my god oh my god Star Citizen
I mean yeah, I mean I didn’t start this project to, I mean literally when I started
this project I’m like look, I have the best plan and if we're going to realize chris’s
vision I want to be the one to say alright it failed because of me.
Okay
I said right, I believe in it, here’s my plan and I can fully see this plan being successful
Right
I want to own that
Let it fail on you and not some random person that might not understand
Yeah, exactly, because I was like well, if I’m going to help chris then I want to make
sure that I full wholeheartedly, do it and if that marketing campaign fails, well then
I will say well I gave it my best
It certainly hasn’t failed, it certain hasn’t done the opposite of failure
I think we’re very close to a going out more to the public and it being more traditional
because up to date we haven’t paid for any advertising and we basically are you know,
all of my whole department, everything is covered with subscribers.
Subscribers yeah, which is
I don’t spend more than what subscribers give us, So you know with my producer hat,
there’s a lot of great ideas, I can totally see the empire report being a lot more and
in game I can see stuff with ATV that we would like to do, I can see a lot of stuff across
the board that I would like to do. But, okay, well great!
That’s good though, it’s good to know that there are more ideas but you’re sticking
to what we're paying for which is what subscribers
Right, and I also think and then I can see it being like one of those rides where you’re
like, alright here we go and it happens really quickly and that’s what happened with the
campaign. I mean I went into the campaign with a number of what I feel we could get
to and we exceed that.
Right, Just a little
SG and then I was like okay well I think we’ll be here and we exceed that and so I feel like
what pushing out to into the general public we need to be ready.
Right because it’s.
Right, I mean squadron 42 was mind blowing and that’s something I need to be ready
saying right I got all these people and I got support on the community side I’m ready
to go, it’s not going to cut it with me being the only marketing person, I’ll be
like a wreck.
Overworked a bit
SG Overextended Yeah
Awesome. Star Citizen has done phenomenally well. mind blowingly well with the, well you
guys passed 90 million dollars,
Right
What do you think it would take for another crowd funded video game to emulate this success
and do you think it’s possible at some point?
I definitely think it’s possible. I’m in the anythings possible category. So I definitely
think it’s possible. I mean look I go by instinct so you know would I say it’s possible
at this moment, Probably not?
Okay
However, it changes
Who knows
So in a year's time I could have the feeling that right, Yeah it’s definitely possible
for another video game to come in right now
Do you think it will be easier for when star citizen shows, look we’ve done it, here’s
squadron 42, here’s the game. Do you think then it will be easier for someone to come
in?
Well I think they can certainly look at what we did in terms of say, we’re an open development
and it definitely poses it’s own challenges and I don’t think anybody has done it to
the scale that we’re doing it and I probably liken ourselves to a political campaign but
I’ve never done one.
Okay,
But it kind of feels like it’s ongoing, it’s intense, you make these decisions like
And everything gets seen.
Everything's seen, this is a 24/7 job, you got haters, you got your avid supporters,
things are said about you that are that are completely slanderous and untrue and you’re
like wait what? What’s happening? What? It’s quite mind blowing, so I definitely
think that somebody could look at that and say, here’s some of the things we're’
not going to do. However having said that, So you would take those things and go alright
well that gets easier but then you will have guaranteed another set of problems which is
just, that’s just how it works if you’re going to be successful at anything, there
will be problems and so you learn from the ones Star Citizens has had but then you have
another whole host of them.
It’s the way it works I guess right? So I got one last question before we end. What’s
the one best thing that we as fans can help do to help Star Citizen
I mean, I think our fans are just stellar, they are absolutely, it’s pretty amazing
what I think our fans do, I don’t know if they can do more to help. I look at everything
how I would feel just as a regular human being, without any whatever you want to call it,
labels, or Stereotypes or anything on top of it. As a human being, what can I do? So
I personally am quite silent about things in general. But I probably feel like most
people at a certain point I don’t want to be pushed anymore, I don’t want to be spoken
for anymore and there’s a movement of, I mean I feel like there’s a bit of a movement
of our signed up majority speaking up in certain ways and I think that’s all I can really
ask for is that people just, You at the certain point have to make a stand for what you believe
in and that’s it really.
That works
And if you don’t believe that’s fine, but if you do then
Hopefully the people that do believe and I think there’s a lot of us that are doing
you proud
I definitely have seen and I’ve received many emails and things of support for star
citizen in general that you know that they’re there and I also see it in terms of the actual
negative part, It’s just so loud, but who is it really, that’s the thing. No I think
our fans do what they do what they do.
Well keep doing what we do and as long as you keep doing the amazing job you’ve done,
thank you so much for this interview
Thank you so much, Thanks for interviewing, Thanks guys!
Well that’s that. We’ll see you in the verse!
We’ll see you in a bit!
</transcript>

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

joats posted:

I didn't put that much thought into it, I just thought it was a recent video that showed lack of confidence through speech patterns, pauses, stutters, and crackling and thought to myself "This is one of their MANAGERS?".
The battle over "Sandi's Marketing Education & Credentials" being waged between Sandi and Derek has been the source of a lot of ongoing discussion here. Derek certainly seems to be getting the better of her, prompting constant changes to online resumes, deletion of LinkedIn profiles, removal of facts from websites, tweets and interviews that always seem to have a tidy anecdote about Sandi's recent discovery of proof of her education / career experience, etc... So this is just another chapter in that longstanding war of words-- one that, as usual, prompts more questions than answers.

The other thing that stands out-- to me-- is just how horrible INN is at conducting an interview. Sandi could've interviewed herself better than Sir Bowtie did.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i figured this was a joke so i had to grab the game and rip out the names to double-check:

names_in_the_game.txt posted:

BEGIN prisoner
FirstName "Chris"
NickName "PewPew"
LastName "Roberts"
DoB "1968.05.27"
Bio "Having successfully raised over $40 million for his new game Star Citizen. Chris was seen as a threat to the big box companies. Wrongfully convicted for money laundering, after the jury was paid off in Atari 2600 copies of ET. Family Wife(34)"
BodyType "4"
BodyScale "1"
HeadType "17"
SkinColour "0xffddb7ff"
Id "144431"
END
furthermore

D_Smart posted:

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

Do you have the rap patrol on gat patrol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keith Elwood
Oct 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
If playing an FPS spacepew game is porn, star citizen is a 2 chapter long draft of romance novel written by a nun with dementia.

• Locked thread