Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Erpy posted:

You get a pretty awesome scene near the very end of the game if you have muck up literally every important decision and miss every sidequest there is, but you get so little wiggle room here that it's pretty much impossible to mess up that much by accident and you'll feel the lack of money throughout pretty much the whole game.

I had no idea this was a thing, is there anywhere you can watch the scene at without actually having to do another run of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Eopia posted:

I had no idea this was a thing, is there anywhere you can watch the scene at without actually having to do another run of the game?

Yes, there is. I once spent a weekend doing a minimum-BP speed-run through the game on New Game+ and recorded it.

It was worth it. :swoon:

End-game spoilers galore

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Erpy posted:

Yes, there is. I once spent a weekend doing a minimum-BP speed-run through the game on New Game+ and recorded it.

End-game spoilers galore

Holy poo poo.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Erpy posted:

End-game spoilers galore

That's amazing, thanks for recording it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Erpy posted:

End-game spoilers galore

How is it that Trails manages to have better combat cutscenes using the normal scene engine than other games do with shiny FMVs.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Erpy posted:

End-game spoilers galore

my boyfriend

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sorry agate but ive moved on

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Erpy posted:

I love that Falcom puts in little character-related details like that, especially since this detail was barely visible at all before widescreen got implemented.

I played it originally on PSP and I'm currently replaying it on PC and that is something I echo wholeheartedly. There is so much incidental background detail in that game which is so much more visible in the PC version. It's Great.

Erpy posted:

End-game spoilers galore

:perfect:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Supremezero posted:

How is it that Trails manages to have better combat cutscenes using the normal scene engine than other games do with shiny FMVs.

son

if you think FC is good on that front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM

Munin posted:

I played it originally on PSP and I'm currently replaying it on PC and that is something I echo wholeheartedly. There is so much incidental background detail in that game which is so much more visible in the PC version. It's Great.

Yeah, to be frank, this is one of the reasons I've always personally been a little down on the PSP versions: the resolution means you just lose so much detail, especially little stuff that might still technically be there, but is a lot easier to miss at 240p. SC is even worse about this, if anything.

Cake Attack posted:

sorry agate but ive moved on

hey hey hey let's not be hasty now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SpaceDrake posted:

son

if you think FC is good on that front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM
Goddammit SpaceDrake, the wait is killing me and you are NOT. HELPING.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Some Numbers posted:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Some Numbers posted:

Imagine how I feel!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
When will I finally have more TitS in my hands? :negative:

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, to be frank, this is one of the reasons I've always personally been a little down on the PSP versions: the resolution means you just lose so much detail, especially little stuff that might still technically be there, but is a lot easier to miss at 240p. SC is even worse about this, if anything.

One of my favourite little things I spotted is how Estelle's teddy has a straw hat matching the one she has hanging on her bedpost. :3:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Or the fact that Estelle has several pairs of sneakers in her room.

My favorite visual little touch is when Estelle and Joshua catch those chubby critters ravaging the Perzel Farm, round them up and call the owners. You can see little Chere Perzel, the youngest daughter, hiding behind her daddy, taking a careful peek at the monsters every once in a while before quickly ducking behind her father again. It's almost as adorable as all the stuff Tita does.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
XSEED have tweeted a thing.

Probably means nothing though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm excited

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They're going to announce a localization of Zero no Kiseki

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

They're going to announce Mother 3 with Nintendo, Grand Knights History and the full localization of the entire Kiseki series, but suddenly announce the cancellation of Trails SC.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Of course SC is coming out now. I mean, I only just bought Zesteria and the Enhanced Edition of D:OS is coming out in five days. Meanwhile my summer was filled up with chirping crickets.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Of course SC is coming out now.

I doubt this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cake Attack posted:

They're going to announce a localization of Zero no Kiseki

I mean, that would be great, but I really doubt that will happen until they get the sales figures for SC and Cold Steel.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Well, they are updating it on steam. From NeoGAF:

Guy on NeoGAF posted:

They are updating it frequently on steam so it might be coming soon...
https://steamdb.info/app/251290/subs/

So from past experience this of course means that it will have nothing to do with SC.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Boneless Jogger posted:

Well, they are updating it on steam. From NeoGAF:

So from past experience this of course means that it will have nothing to do with SC.
That's silly. I mean, I kinda constantly update things regardless of what's going on with them. There will probably be like a million updates on release day, whenever that is, too.
In any case, pigs are flying. Whatever could it mean...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
You know, trying to forcefully invoke Opposite Day never actually works.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Saralene posted:

In any case, pigs are flying. Whatever could it mean...

You're not helping.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its definitely SC, you can trust me, your pal Cake Attack

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

its definitely SC, you can trust me, your pal Cake Attack

Like we could trust you last time?

Though their PC Programmer retweeted it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I hope it's Silent Hills

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I will get off my rear end and change my avatar finally, if TitS SC gets a release date announced. Please make it happen Xseed.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Zwei!!1&2 complete pack with Garandou mask? Xseed you shouldn't have~

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
October 29.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
gently caress, I have a Halloween Party. I don't want to be distracted from Trails XSEED!

Why is there Blackjack. gently caress. I'm never going to be able to stop playing.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 23, 2015

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
http://gematsu.com/2015/10/legend-heroes-trails-sky-sc-launches-october-29

HOLY gently caress IT'S HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZOlIeYbc0

TRAILER

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm excited!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:perfect:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Oh gently caress i'm crying

EDIT: I'm vibrating like Sakurazuka's av

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's a Halloween miracle

Do we know if there's any kind of FC data import?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Really Pants posted:

it's a Halloween miracle

I remember hearing that you can import save data, but that the stuff that gets carried over is pretty pointless unless you want, like, a few extra levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Really Pants posted:

it's a Halloween miracle

Of course there is. Estelle keeps all her levels and gets a bonus item. There's various other stuff that you get with a save transfer.

• Locked thread