Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I didn't think it'd happen this soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Quick Estelle, verbalize our thoughts into one universal statement of joy!

Yeah, that'll do. :)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Erpy posted:

Quick Estelle, verbalize our thoughts into one universal statement of joy!

Yeah, that'll do. :)

not emptyquoting

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Her true heart and soul on the matter (ignore the shoes).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

HAHAHA YES IT COMES OUT ON MY DAY OFF gently caress YES

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

sandpiper posted:

Of course there is. Estelle keeps all her levels and gets a bonus item. There's various other stuff that you get with a save transfer.

In the PSP game, some NPCs reacted differently if you did their sidequests in the first game.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251290/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Steam page for SC. It's really happening.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Well, that was sooner than I expected.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believed in you all along, Cake Attack.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Excited Estelle is excited.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that'll do.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So I have a question: I played the game on Psp and would like to carry over my data (if that's possible) but I would like to play it on my Vita instead. Can I put Psp save data on my vita and have the digital game recognize it, or do I have to buy the game on PSP if I want anything to carry over?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

!!!!!!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Best News Ever.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

"More Olivier than ever"

That's all that was needed in the Steam blurb

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That's in less than a week!!! Also I'm going to upload my 100% save when I get home so people can use it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Black Stones posted:

So I have a question: I played the game on Psp and would like to carry over my data (if that's possible) but I would like to play it on my Vita instead. Can I put Psp save data on my vita and have the digital game recognize it, or do I have to buy the game on PSP if I want anything to carry over?

I haven't tried it but you should be able to use a PS3 to move the save data from PSP to Vita, you might be out of luck otherwise though. I think it'll recognise the save regardless of it being from a physical copy.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Cake Attack posted:

That's in less than a week!!! Also I'm going to upload my 100% save when I get home so people can use it

Thank god, because I am most of the way through my replay...but its on Vita. I want to play SC on the PC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How many people have been waiting since 2011 for this?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I beat FC the week it came out...

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

I haven't tried it but you should be able to use a PS3 to move the save data from PSP to Vita, you might be out of luck otherwise though. I think it'll recognise the save regardless of it being from a physical copy.

Cool. Thanks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Thank you. I was planning on finishing my own save, but I'll just read your LP. Don't wanna burn out.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

The Black Stones posted:

Cross-platform stuff is rarely implemented, so I think you'd have to buy the PSP version.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

The Black Stones posted:

Somewhat related, I bought the first game on Steam and I was planning on getting the second on GoG. Is there any way to transfer my data between those versions?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Black Stones posted:

Here, this is how to do it without a PS3 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61972558

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat... next Friday is the one day I can't take off

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Some Numbers posted:

Somewhat related, I bought the first game on Steam and I was planning on getting the second on GoG. Is there any way to transfer my data between those versions?

You'll just have to copy the saves from the Steam Cloud save folder to the game's "normal" save folder. Same one the Configuration Tool can bring up at the touch of a button. The Steam one is under (steam)\userdata\(user id)\251150\remote\fc.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Real talk I might not be able to get to SC for a while because I'm pretty deep into EO4 but that'll be next up after that, which is just as well in case there are any updates/patches post-release which is often the case for these games.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
What's your starting level if you don't transfer data vs FC's level cap, anyway.

Nate RFB posted:

Real talk I might not be able to get to SC for a while because I'm pretty deep into EO4 but that'll be next up after that, which is just as well in case there are any updates/patches post-release which is often the case for these games.

That's what they've been doing for the past month while waiting for Sony, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Supremezero posted:

What's your starting level if you don't transfer data vs FC's level cap, anyway.

35, I believe.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

35 is default, 50 is the cap in FC but anything above 40 is just transferred as 40.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

I beat FC the week it came out...

You poor soul.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

35 is default, 50 is the cap in FC but anything above 40 is just transferred as 40.

Oh.

Well gently caress that then, no more reservations on transferring my max level 100% save.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, it's 35. With imported savedate, you can get a maximum of 5 additional levels on Estelle at the start.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

The Black Stones posted:

PSP saves, unlike Vita saves, are not associated with any copy of the game, so you can pretty much do whatever you want with them.

AFAIK, transferring the PSP save data to the PS3 and transferring that from the PS3 to the Vita works. Alternatively, you can transfer the save data to your PC via MediaGo, finding the folder, copying and pasting it to the Apps folder of wherever you store your Vita stuff, and using Content Manager to transfer it to your Vita.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sakurazuka posted:

yo

also I consider this to still be relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM

if y'all think it's real now

just you wait

and now I get to spend the next week fretting about how the script is received by critics and fans

not that I haven't been doing that for years already but

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SpaceDrake posted:

yo

also I consider this to still be relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W6as8oVcuM

if y'all think it's real now

just you wait

and now I get to spend the next week fretting about how the script is received by critics and fans

not that I haven't been doing that for years already but

That it exists at all already gives you my undying gratitude

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Oh hi.

Hey man, I really appreciate the fact that you guys have been working so long and so hard on this. It must be one of the biggest loads off of your shoulders. I can't even imagine how much stress it's been under trying to get this out the door.

sandpiper fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Sakurazuka posted:

That it exists at all already gives you my undying gratitude

• Locked thread