Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Holy poo poo that episode was nuts. And it looks like tonight's is going to be a hell of a trip too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheFattestPat posted:

Is this the third time they've directly responded to the old fans? How much loud whining do those people do?

Getting Serious, Return of Slade, and this, yeah. Not to mention a couple background jabs, like a video thumbnail in the Mas and Menos episode.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
That may have been my favorite episode yet, the only disappointment is the last scene didn't give us BumbleRaven as well...

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think I have a new contender for favourite background joke: in yesterday's episode after the acting bit, there's a photo showing Batman and Superman's smiling faces with the caption "Dawn of Just Us."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GLOSS posted:

That may have been my favorite episode yet, the only disappointment is the last scene didn't give us BumbleRaven as well...

I wish the prog rock song was longer, but yeah, excellent episode and an absolutely insane finale.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
John DiMaggio was channeling Dr. Drakken real hard there as Brother Blood

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I always thought John O'Hurley would have made an excellent Brother Blood. One casting decision I wish they went with.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yesterday's episode was pretty nice, it really stands by itself as a meta episode.

BUT TODAY'S EPISODE WAS THE BEST. BY A WHOLE LOT. I think I'll carry Night Begins To Shine (the night begins to shine) in my heart for a long while.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This is the first time they've done an alternate art style and I wished the show just always looked like that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://jpolgar1.tumblr.com/post/131661287746/teen-titans-go-episode-40-40-20-finally

Some storyboards from the first alternate style sequence, the artist also began working on TTG with season 3, specifically they did the transformation sequence on Leg Day

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

axleblaze posted:

This is the first time they've done an alternate art style and I wished the show just always looked like that.

They've actually done alternate animation/art a ton of times on this show, the "Dreams" episode was almost exclusively alternate animation, they had an episode that was 90% pixel animation, hell they even had an episode that was 50% actual puppets. Yes they use the basic animation most of the time, but I've never felt they've been afraid to do something different.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The campfire episode also had alternate art styles, including one inspired by Saul Bass.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 22, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they meant that this is the first time they've done an alternate style THAT they wished the show always looked like.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dammit, have I been missing new episodes all week?

I just watched the NIGHT BEGINS TO SHINE one, that one was beautiful from start to finish.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Funny that Cyborg did not transform into a 1980s Optimus Prime truck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Probably my favorite "bunch of short stories" episode. I really could go for a snack house now.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I don't know why people say this show doesn't have good morals, "cheesy 80's prog rock is loving awesome" is a good moral for young children.

Iron Maiden's "seventh son of a seventh son" album was pretty much the soundtrack of my teenage years

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The MSJ posted:

Funny that Cyborg did not transform into a 1980s Optimus Prime truck.

He did the Hulk Hogan comeback, what more do you want from him.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That fairy tale one might have been my favorite episode.

Also, yes I meant the Night Begins To Shine Episode was the first alternate style one where I wished that was a permanent change.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A Farce was pretty solid. Overall this was a great week of TTG episodes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I am not sure who that extended My Cousin Vinny reference was for but I'm glad it was there.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wow. I always thought the Titans were assholes, but they found a way for Sticky Joe to turn on them. They really are the villians.

Jason Ray
Mar 26, 2006
Teetotaling Atheist
Tara Strong should get someone else Daytime Emmy for that episode.

Were they all doing a Jimmy Durante voice in the fairy tale episode?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Starfire's version of Red Riding Hood sounds more like something you expect to hear from an actual folk tale.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Dammit, have I been missing new episodes all week?

I just watched the NIGHT BEGINS TO SHINE one, that one was beautiful from start to finish.

They're going to replay all the new ones tomorrow at 630pm est if you can manage to catch that.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Both of those episodes were great, I really liked Ravens one last "Neh!" and fist slam on the table. Also, not many shows end on a character being mocked to the point of tears while being hilarious. Its wasn't even like he deserved it, he really did try to help his friends.

edit: Just watched 40,40,20%, it was really awesome, made me think of Far cry:Blooddragon.

Shnag fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 24, 2015

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
I want to shake the hand of the person on the show who said "Let's remake Heavy Metal, but for kids!" I really hope they release a single without all the show's sound effects over it.

Between that, the Control Freak episode, and "My Cousin Vinny" out of nowhere, this show has definitely gone full gives-no-fucks mode and I absolutely love every minute of it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
40%, 40%, 20% was amazing, until Cyborg said "One shall stand, one shall fall". At that point my jaw dropped and it was unreal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I had that song stuck in my head all of yesterday.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

axleblaze posted:

I had that song stuck in my head all of yesterday.

It instantly took me back to being young, in love, and addicted to amphetamines. Chilling!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Ghostbusters AND Monster Mash sound alikes! They blew like half of their kid friendly Halloween reference load in one episode!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guess what 80s prog rock hit just hit iTunes?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Sweet, it's on Google Play Music too, adding to my library now.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Make sure you buy the 0.99 song, and not the $10.00 album that just has that one song. :v:

:shittydog:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
So did they get Robin's voice actor to record with plastic fangs in his mouth? Because otherwise he's really good at faking a lisp due to plastic fangs in mouth.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

horriblePencilist posted:

40%, 40%, 20% was amazing, until Cyborg said "One shall stand, one shall fall". At that point my jaw dropped and it was unreal.

I somehow missed this episode the first go round.

I think it might be one of the most 80s things ever produced by man. Jesus christ everything about Cyborg's musical adventure. :vince:

Edit:

axleblaze posted:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 4, 2015

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I just caught the retro video game episode. This show should not be this loving good.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
This show is basically really smart people having fun being really stupid, it's great and there need to be more shows like it. Saints Row IV did the same thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that they had this week-long rigamarole for what was essentially a bog-standard episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that Black Friday episode was incredibly cynical.

• Locked thread