Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i wonder what percentage of his annual income is spent on maintaining his herculean bmi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3pxkqj/where_can_i_find_the_most_current_projected/

A Redditor posted:

Where can I find the most current projected release schedule?

Please and thank you.

A Redditor posted:

Alpha 2.0 - When it's done
Star Marine - When it's done
PU Beta - When it's done
SQ42 - When it's done
PU - When it's done

A Redditor posted:

Alpha 2.0 - SOONTM
Star Marine - Less SOONTM
PU Beta - Twenty -SOONTM -teen
SQ42 - Various SOONTM 's throughout 2016, or not
PU - SOONTM

A Redditor posted:

Nice try, Derek!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sarsapariller posted:

a property manager for their office.

Seriously? Of all the tragicomic things about Fart Shitizen that must rank in the top 5.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

is this thing a game yet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wesha is the funniest cultist on reddit

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wait the one without the hat is a property manager?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Does the black guy talk? Or is he better seen not heard?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agrajag posted:

wait the one without the hat is a property manager?

Supposedly. Was just hearsay through this thread. I don't think they've ever bothered to introduce her.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

jaegerx posted:

Justin talks, and tends to lighten the mood with jokes. he's new to CIG enough to still believe in the dream.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Wafflz posted:

wesha is the funniest cultist on reddit

"These dates are only rough estimates" Or "How can we phrase this so we can still pretend to know what we are doing if we miss deadlines."

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

jaegerx posted:

He's wearing a hat that says MONEY on it.

You decide

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

joats posted:

"These dates are only rough estimates" Or "How can we phrase this so we can still pretend to know what we are doing if we miss deadlines."

chris roberts could take a poo poo on wesha's living room carpet and wesha would thank him for it and then explain how it was good for the carpet.

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why is the money hat still shown.

I've been wondering if they're trying troll us with this. Feels weird.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
Everyone is squirming around dates and specs, it's like asking politicians questions.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Malleovic posted:

I've been wondering if they're trying troll us with this. Feels weird.

Oh wow -- quite a drop here.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Skipped another 1500 posts, did Serph84 rereg yet?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Literally Kermit posted:

if you missed last night it was p fun kermie.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

Oh wow -- quite a drop here.
Looks like the Referral Program is starting to have its predictable impact.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How many of the referrals are just throw away accounts with the required spending on them, so the main account can get their gold toilet or whatever.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Literally Kermit posted:

Twice. Or more – I think I lost count.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

How many of the referrals are just throw away accounts with the required spending on them, so the main account can get their gold toilet or whatever.

Some people on these very forums did that for the Planetside 2 referral program but at least that's a game that actually exists

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 23, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I wonder if they are deducting all the people they are deleting (hahaha as if)

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

is the Keith elwood guy seraph again

What does your heart say?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

I feel so bad for the token african americans Sandi is dragging into this. They are trotting those two out at every opportunity and as far as I know neither is really involved with the game at any level- one's like a video producer and the other is a property manager for their office. I wonder if they know why this woman is suddenly insisting that they get in front of the camera every week? It's disgusting. It is literally the second most racist reaction you could have after being accused of racism. "No I'm not racist! Black person, you are now my accessory and shield against these claims!"

This really is a PR disaster, I mean they've completely forfeited the initiative at this point and are doing strict damage control in the most buffoonish way possible. If rumors started that Sandi was homophobic they'd get the most stereotypical gay people they could find in LA and make them a regular background feature of the show.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why is the money hat still shown.

Because they have the audiences

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Derek I heard your new theory is that Croberts spent $94 million to develop weather modification weapons and used them to create this storm hitting mexico to steal all the cocaine suck it up in the air and rain it down in Austin TX. Confirm? Deny?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

This really is a PR disaster, I mean they've completely forfeited the initiative at this point and are doing strict damage control in the most buffoonish way possible. If rumors started that Sandi was homophobic they'd get the most stereotypical gay people they could find in LA and make them a regular background feature of the show.

We should really do this, strictly for science of course.
But then again, we would be exploiting gay people by proxy.

Also: Aside from Ben wearing the seemingly same shirts every day, money-that dude should wear new hat with a different funny troll on it. Maybe Jurassic Park, or brands, e.g. Phat Farm or Wilkinson...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hopper posted:

We should really do this, strictly for science of course.
But then again, we would be exploiting gay people by proxy.

Also: Aside from Ben wearing the seemingly same shirts every day, money-that dude should wear new hat with a different funny troll on it. Maybe Jurassic Park, or brands, e.g. Phat Farm or Wilkinson...

A little product placement money on the side...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This is genuinely pathetic

Having been in a similar situation, I feel deeply sorry for those two

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

MeLKoR posted:

I'd like to believe that perhaps they took the accusations of racism to heart and realized they were unintentionally all white and said, "Well maybe we should change that."

or it's the obvious "I have black friends" PR move.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

MeLKoR posted:

I think for something to qualify as a PR disaster it needs a wider audience than obsessive goon shitposters in this thread. The original accusations against Sandi haven't been backed up by the Escapist in any way to my knowledge, which means they shouldn't have even published them in the first place.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is genuinely pathetic

Having been in a similar situation, I feel deeply sorry for those two

The chairs that :lesnick: and Lando are sitting on? Yeah, me too. Me too.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

The chairs that :lesnick: and Lando are sitting on? Yeah, me too. Me too.

:vince:

also how do i get the Derek's Smarties gang tag and why isn't this crucial info in the OP

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mukip posted:

I think for something to qualify as a PR disaster it needs a wider audience than obsessive goon shitposters in this thread. The original accusations against Sandi haven't been backed up by the Escapist in any way to my knowledge, which means they shouldn't have even published them in the first place.

But but but Sandi has to be racist because it's not fun unless I can hate on every single aspect of her life while I'm obsessively refreshing this thread! Don't you see how important her being racist is to the failure of Star Citizen?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Soothing Vapors posted:

:vince:

also how do i get the Derek's Smarties gang tag and why isn't this crucial info in the OP

right click on the tag you like, save the link.. copy it in IMG tags into the wordy part of your avatar.

Pay 5 bucks son for a high quality gif.. not some loving jpg.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I started lurking in 2003 and bought an account in 2005. In those years as goon I have never experienced a thread like this. It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Hammerstein posted:

I started lurking in 2003 and bought an account in 2005. In those years as goon I have never experienced a thread like this. It is the best of times, it is the worst of times.

its like a subscription to the funniest reality show ever made

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Baba Ganoush posted:

He's wearing a hat that says MONEY on it.

You decide

Conspiracy Theory:
Black Guy™ with Money hat on is one of Derek's sources and is secretly trying to inform the audience of the whole scam while playing the token.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

But but but Sandi has to be racist because it's not fun unless I can hate on every single aspect of her life while I'm obsessively refreshing this thread! Don't you see how important her being racist is to the failure of Star Citizen?

You're right. It's totally normal to have so few black employees in your team of 250+ that after three years of twice-weekly on-camera shows, somebody accuses you of racism and people look through your archives and oh poo poo there's no black people.

It's 100% a normal thing for a development office to be accused of racism and then go grab a new hire and an office manager and start putting them on camera every week on the show about answering development questions. I bet that office lady has all sorts of insight into the development of the game! I mean why else would Sandi put her on screen, right? RIGHT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

You're right. It's totally normal to have so few black employees in your team of 250+ that after three years of twice-weekly on-camera shows, somebody accuses you of racism and people look through your archives and oh poo poo there's no black people.

It's 100% a normal thing for a development office to be accused of racism and then go grab a new hire and an office manager and start putting them on camera every week on the show about answering development questions. I bet that office lady has all sorts of insight into the development of the game! I mean why else would Sandi put her on screen, right? RIGHT?

Basically, yeah.

• Locked thread