Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, it shouldn't take more than two minutes to see I'm town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Merk's posted quite a bit and he isn't hiding. If quantity of posts are a factor, why can't you make a call on him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Never mind.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, I'm thinking again.

I'm still on the fence with you and merk, and I'd like people's opinions on you two.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Madman and merk are both town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also think that Ecco and Verr could absolutely be scum together because Ecco doesn't bus and it is the weakest part of her scum game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Merk's posted quite a bit and he isn't hiding. If quantity of posts are a factor, why can't you make a call on him?

Because I'm going back and forth on him. I agree that his case on Ecco is pretty good, but why can't he make calls on other people? He's been asked several times (including by you iirc) to do it but he keeps saying no.

My problem here is that if ecco flips town then I feel merk loses all credibility and we can't trust his judgement because he doesn't want to make calls on other people. It's one thing to make calls on a few people and end up being wrong with the one you lynch. It's quite another thing to tunnel on one person and be wrong. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

##vote EccoRaven

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm also going to ##vote EccoRaven at this time.

Again Ecco, really sorry if you're not scum. YOU'RE A PAL.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I havnt posted a lot since this is huge fuckoff thread and I came 24 pages in but eccos whole self vote thing reads scummy to me.

##vote Ecco

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Okay, I'm thinking again.

I'm still on the fence with you and merk, and I'd like people's opinions on you two.

As weirdly inverse as it sounds, I like that TM implied another chain lynch right after I'd pointed out he was implying a chain lynch. A scum mindset is all about self-preservation and would avoid repeating something that had just been highlighted as scummy so it makes me think that TM is just posting his ideas as they come into his head without worrying about how they appear to others. As for merk, he's bubbling around on my scumdar but I'm not sure how much of that is fair and how much is me psyching myself out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Volunteers for tonight's battle?

Let me know and tell me your preferred row.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tommunist posted:

I havnt posted a lot since this is huge fuckoff thread and I came 24 pages in but eccos whole self vote thing reads scummy to me.

##vote Ecco

Tommunist is in this game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Again, yes and in melee

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

Tommunist is in this game?

Yeah...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Huh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I don't know what to do about the battle since I got that PM about feeling ill. I don't know if I'm poisoned or debuffed or what.

But either way, I still have to fight only for Greek positions. I'm good in either line though.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

i'll volunteer for the backline again. Send me in coach!

TMM, the king does want us to "dictate" the battle options. nyah nyah. all hail wise king ccbeane

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

##vote EccoRaven

This vote stinks, especially when combined with the taunting above.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Alright guys, work destroyed me today so apologies if this is shorter than usual or whatever. Muh brain hurts. I tried to keep up with the thread today via my phone, but frankly it's mostly a blur so let's see if I can parse anything better now that I have tea.

Also:

EccoRaven posted:

so you'll give his case a once-over but after I make my case and beg for people to read it you're silent.

like I know it hurts to see a new ecco post but geez

Now, now. No need to be jealous. There's plenty Terrier to go around for all the gentlemen. I'll look at your case too.

---

Merk's Case:

—At the time when I read them, I remember felt Ecco's defenses were reasonable. I suppose you could argue it's odd she called them bad instead of scummy, but, I'm not apt to read too much into that.

—Still don't get/see the misrepresentation claim. Not seeing a huge attack either.

—Agree with the points about GP, still do. GP flipped town but his case was legit bad.

—Now, with the whinging you're selling me on something. It does seem like a real waste of time as Town to be spending your time complaining about being voted instead of ruthlessly casing, arguing, etc. Or basically doing anything to fight. Unlike the other points so far, that DOES look scummy.

—The changing vote point doesn't really hold water I don't think; at that point The King put out the combat list and you and GP were both on it. Ecco couldn't very well vote either of you in those circumstances, so going to Asiina isn't totally unreasonable. Although I suppose it is odd she didn't argue against Asiina at all, given here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747218&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post451652554 she argues that Asiina could potentially be help if given time to shine.

— The KB case was bad. Felt like dumb Day 1 tunneling. But could also be scummy I guess. This:

"
The case itself is way too long for an early d1 case, and he moves away from it with a 'no way' read about KB's alignment. This isn't real scum hunting. You don't go from building a huge case like this to completely moving away from it because of a single post from the other side. You prod and feel out the post from the other side and then maybe move away but just by lessening your read. You've seen it time and time again from town, the "hmm, I feel less confident about KB now, switching to [person]."

Ecco instead says there's 'no way' KB is scum now after one single post. That isn't genuine."

Yeah that's a pretty decent argument for scumatude.

—Ecco's case on you had some points I agree with, (mainly that your case against her at the time was poor, sorry). But yeah the playing a parody of yourself was just some poorly argued gut stuff, and the case wasn't as thorough as one would have liked.

Overall, I think Merk's case on Ecco is OK but not amazing. I still don't agree, for example, that she was trying to misrepresent you yesterday. However, you make a good point at the fussing instead of fighting when faced with death, that she moved from KB oddly easily, etc.

Honestly if this was all there was, I'd probably still have a null read on Ecco.

That self hammer though...dang. Like. I can't think of a single pro-Town reason for self-hammering like that, I really can't (I can think of several scum reasons to do it tho). And what gnaws at me is that somewhere in the back of my head I can swear I've heard Ecco arguing that it was Towns responsibility to argue against being lynched and fighting to the last before. The fact she just threw the hands up and self-hammer...yeah...that sticks in my craw in a giant scummy way. Especially after she made out about how badly she wanted to stay in the game yesterday. Yeah I'd be comfortable seeing an Ecco lynch for that alone tbh.

------

Even tho my scumdar be pinging mightily, I will look at Ecco's case on merk too

-Yea the Day 1 merk case(s) were weak, I agree. But I disagree he didn't push it. He's been pretty laser focused on ya. It's also disingenous to claim he never said what precisely his case is. He did say: He thought you were making white noise with the scumtell posts; then he felt you re-phrased his words badly and scummily. I have disagreed on both counts; I thought the content did help (now I'm wondering tho) and I still think any re-framing you did was very minor. But he was very clear about his beef. It's super odd to say he wasn't.

I have no idea what merk normally plays like, so whether or not he's a caricature is beyond me. The tunneling, yes, could also be scummy. But he could also just be that legitimately 100% sure of himself and single-minded and frankly, that's increasingly what it's reading like to me.

----

Eh...

So, in conclusion...

I'm not mad about either case

I'd be null on Ecco, and probably null on merk except for the self hammer. With the self-hammer to the mix, I'd vote her.

OK now on to poo poo that's not about Ecco/Merk

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Verr posted:

i'll volunteer for the backline again. Send me in coach!

TMM, the king does want us to "dictate" the battle options. nyah nyah. all hail wise king ccbeane

Yo Verr Did you ever explain why you didn't 'unvote' Asiina after she claimed?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Driving but please put me into battle in the front.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

How did catching up on the thread go duder?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Driving but please put me into battle in the front.

Still think this dude is scum btw

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

EccoRaven (7): merk, bowmore, merk, merk, EccoRaven, Asiina, Verr, CCKeane, Tommunist
Little Mac (2): Rarity, FoxTerrier
wins32767 (1): Little Mac
Verr (1): Asiina, TMMadman, Asiina
Lynch No One! (0): Rarity, Rarity
CCKeane (0): wins32767, wins32767

Not Voting (4): Beetphyxious, King Burgundy, Opopanax, wins32767

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 31 minutes.

Day 2 is Standard Majority!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

fwiw although an ecco lynch seems inevitable and I have no bones with it, I'm not going to throw a vote down now because that would be hammer.

I want to give us a chance to squeeze some more content from lurkers/replacements. :sparkles:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

FoxTerrier posted:

How did catching up on the thread go duder?

Horrible

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:siren:Good news! Anonymous Narcotics replaces Opoopanax!:siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well in that case, let's vote ANarc because she is always scum! :v:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

your big effort post a few posts up helps a lot though.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I feel you. That's a lot of poo poo to get through.

You got any reads on people from what you have read tho? Well, besides Ecco, whom you just threw down a vote on.

busb posted:

:siren:Good news! Anonymous Narcotics replaces Opoopanax!:siren:

Sup bro.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm going to urge people to not hammer Ecco just yet. We still have two hours before the deadline and the flip doesn't happen until the deadline anyway.

So it'd actually be nice if someone got her away from -1 for the time being as well just to be on the safe side.

I really want Ecco to say why she thinks I'm scum first, but I'm going to go ahead and claim in about an hour because I'm not sure I live through the night without a doctor protect if there is one out there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
TMM I think you're scum because the very case is bad and less about him being scum and more about him being new

Also because you totally cracked under pressure of just being called scum once

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

TMM I think you're scum because the very case is bad and less about him being scum and more about him being new

Also because you totally cracked under pressure of just being called scum once

Really? You think I'm cracking under pressure of being called scum once? That is really the answer you want to use?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm going to urge people to not hammer Ecco just yet. We still have two hours before the deadline and the flip doesn't happen until the deadline anyway.

So it'd actually be nice if someone got her away from -1 for the time being as well just to be on the safe side.

I really want Ecco to say why she thinks I'm scum first, but I'm going to go ahead and claim in about an hour because I'm not sure I live through the night without a doctor protect if there is one out there.

Dude I hadn't really been reading you as scummy but this feels like you're trying to lure the doc out

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FoxTerrier posted:

Dude I hadn't really been reading you as scummy but this feels like you're trying to lure the doc out

Nope, I don't want the doctor to claim in thread, I just hope that if there is a doctor out there they don't get put into combat and can protect me.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Nope, I don't want the doctor to claim in thread, I just hope that if there is a doctor out there they don't get put into combat and can protect me.

Nah man I mean it feels like you're trying to get the doc on you so they're not on somebody else, or so scum can watch and see who it is, or whatever.

Feels weird bro

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

time for another ecco breadcrumb (everyone should breadcrumb all the time)

Hey Ecco, do you want to keep calling me scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ANarc's in this game :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

ANarc's in this game :neckbeard:

I've never played with ANarc.

Do they tell good dick jokes? This is crucial.

• Locked thread