Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also it's really interesting that Ecco is around just enough to respond immediately when I called her out a few minutes ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
get bent I haven't read a single thing all day. just stuck in traffic now.

hammer me you prick

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FoxTerrier posted:

I've never played with ANarc.

Do they tell good dick jokes? This is crucial.

She tells good everything jokes :3:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FoxTerrier posted:

Nah man I mean it feels like you're trying to get the doc on you so they're not on somebody else, or so scum can watch and see who it is, or whatever.

Feels weird bro

No, I'm trying to get the doc on me because I think I am important in this game.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EccoRaven posted:

hammer me you prick

Nah please don't.

Wanna give dem replacements and lurkers time to strut.

Rarity posted:

She tells good everything jokes :3:

Yaaay! :3:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

hammer me you prick

There's no reason to get angry, I've been one of biggest voices against your lynch.

Well at least until you called me scum for no reason. You might not like the case on Verr, but it's not a terrible case or coming from a bad place. I simply feel like Verr is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello ANarc! Welcome to the WHACKY THREAD.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

wins32767 posted:

As of page 6 I won't vote for Ecco ever this game, for the first time in like 2 years I'm not getting scum read on merk and Asiina is probably scum. With that I'm going to bed since the movers will be here early and we aren't fully ready.

Wins I know you're moving and that's a horrible time to mafia (did it myself in CPigs game two years ago, wtf was I thinking?), but did you have a chance to look at the thread anymore today?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Volunteers for tonight's battle?

Let me know and tell me your preferred row.

no ty

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

FoxTerrier posted:

You got any reads on people from what you have read tho? Well, besides Ecco, whom you just threw down a vote on.

My opinion on a bunch of people is going to change/varys on how Ecco flips (its a bit of a cop-out answer but there you go), rarity is really pinging me here, her defence of ecco comes off as really "last ditch effort to save scum friend" if Ecco flips scum, i'm pretty sure rarity will be as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Asiina, did you figure out who I am?

Go ahead and name it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

My opinion on a bunch of people is going to change/varys on how Ecco flips (its a bit of a cop-out answer but there you go), rarity is really pinging me here, her defence of ecco comes off as really "last ditch effort to save scum friend" if Ecco flips scum, i'm pretty sure rarity will be as well.

I've been kind of thinking the same thing abbot Rarity lately. Plus I keep feeling like she is trying to buddy up to me which she's never done before.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

I don't think we should read too much into Ecco's self vote, personally. I've seen town self-vote often enough and I have dim memories of a debate in the discussion thread once where Ecco thought it was a valid town move.

Can you elaborate on this? Because for serious I can't think of a good reason to self-vote like Ecco just did.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FoxTerrier posted:

Can you elaborate on this? Because for serious I can't think of a good reason to self-vote like Ecco just did.

To be fair, someone said Ecco was arguing the opposite in that discussion so I could be misremembering it. But at the same time, town self-voting is definitely a thing that happens. I came incredibly close to it in Mad Max cause I was that frustrated with the newbies in that game and if I'd been anything less important than the doctor I would have. People don't do it for a good reason, they do it cause they're pissed off and had enough of the game and want to say 'gently caress you' to townies they think are stupid for voting for them.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I'm home and will gladly hammer Ecco when we need to. FoxTerrier, I understand if I seem scummy. I always seem scummy because I am often in and out posting. That said, my reads from earlier haven't really changed. I'd still vote Verr and am confident in Merk/Asiina/FoxTerrier/TMM as town.

I'm also rubbed the wrong way by Rarity, if I may be so bold. Nothing stands out, just gut.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Go ahead and name it.

No need for this.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi guys I am here but this is a long thread to catch up on so give me some time to read it. Who's the scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

No need for this.

If I'm poisoned, I might die tonight and I don't want to leave the game without giving out some information. I know the character name of someone, but I don't know who that person is or their powers or whether they are town/scum.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Yo Verr Did you ever explain why you didn't 'unvote' Asiina after she claimed?

yeah, but my answer isn't super great.

Verr posted:

sorry about that dude, but I don't really know what the safe read is on someone who claims to be a cop. shouldn't you probably have died? we're hoping that you're not scum and instead somebody with a guard ability used it on you?

Verr posted:

also I dont think changing my vote have mattered. could have added ecco to the pool of possible candidates but otherwise would have only shuffled my vote around.

basically my vote didn't matter unless i wanted to roll the dice on ecco, and i'm not sure how SA handles town claims. i would've been okay with going ahead on the Asiina vote even after the claim.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hi guys I am here but this is a long thread to catch up on so give me some time to read it. Who's the scum?

CCKeane 'cause he the bourgeoisie.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Verr posted:

CCKeane 'cause he the bourgeoisie.

Confirming, this is my scum claim.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Go ahead and name it.

I don't know if you are the person I'm connected to, but that person is Achilles.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anarc what line are you best in? YER UP CHAMP.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You said heel in an early post that I figured was a breadcrumb.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Put me in the front lines, sir!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Anyway I got invited to a Shabbos dinner so I won't be around the rest of tonight. But I'll catch up on the thread asap tomorrow

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

One more for the back row, champs!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My planned line up:

Front: Rarity, TMMadman, Anarc

Back: Merk, Verr, wins,

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I don't know if you are the person I'm connected to, but that person is Achilles.

You are correct. I know that Patroclus is out there somewhere hence the McDreamy/McSteamy question since McDreamy is played by Patrick Dempsey.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Bereft of direction, some Trojan soldiers take it upon themselves to attack the Achaean lines.
The Trojans are sallying toward the Battle Plain on Day 2

:helladid:
code:
Achaeans
Back: Merk, Verr, wins
Front: Rarity, TMMadman, Anarc
                  VS
Front: 100yrs, kashuno, power of pecota
Back: Amoeba, The Ninth Layer, Venom Soag
Trojans
:horse:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat it I told you I can only fight on Greek positions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You just sent 5 people into battle.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

You are correct. I know that Patroclus is out there somewhere hence the McDreamy/McSteamy question since McDreamy is played by Patrick Dempsey.

Ah nope, that's not me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

drat it I told you I can only fight on Greek positions.

I didn't know the battle location and had to make a tactical decision as to where PMom would choose to fight. I was incorrect.

That said, if this is the case, this works as a confirmation.

Per Asiina's tip, I suggest some focused fire on 100yrs.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Today should still work in our favor, and if we lose but TMM gets confirmed, eh, I'll take it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Should we use offerings if we have any or no? That topic hasn't really come up at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Today should still work in our favor, and if we lose but TMM gets confirmed, eh, I'll take it.

I sure hope I get protected at night.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Avoid targetting Amoeba, the other thread really wants him dead and I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

PMom my apologizes if your request was for a personal emergency, I didn't consider that as a possibility and thought it was due to unrest in your thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Should we use offerings if we have any or no? That topic hasn't really come up at all.

Do as you wilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Do as you wilt.

This is a tactical decision, not laziness. The offering system works by whichever side offers the most, so keeping this information secret forces weird play on their part. I am confident that we currently possess more offerings, however.

• Locked thread